4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

I love my new washer!

After our 15 year old washing machine finally kicked the bucket, we decided it would be worth investing in a higher quality, super large capacity washer. We have five children and I run a licensed home daycare, so we do a ton of laundry. I had my heart set on a front loading machine, and had done my research to see which one I wanted to buy. We are 100 miles from the nearest appliance sales place (in this case, Home Depot) so I wanted to be prepared before we went in. When we got to the store, I saw this machine, which I had not come across in my research. I instantly loved the size of the drum, but was still looking for a front loading machine. While we were in the area, another couple was looking at machines too, and I heard the woman relate a story to her husband about a friend of theirs whose front loader leaked all over the floor because the door didn't seal properly. She suspected that the problem had been caused by the woman's children hanging on the door, or the fact that she draped the wet clothes over the door. Either way, it was enough to push me toward this top loader. I could just see my kids "helping" in one of those ways.

We've had this machine for over a month now, and I've been very happy with it. The kids love it - especially the two year old, who always wants to sit on top of it and watch through the window as it runs. There are a lot of different setting options, but we typically use only two of them - one for regular clothes and towels, and another for my husband's very dirty work clothes. This model senses how much laundry you have in a load, then uses the amount of water needed for just that amount. Occasionally, I wish I could add water to it, but only once have I felt that it didn't use enough water to agitate properly. I know some people are freaked out about there not being an agitator, but I really feel that this machine agitates better than my old machine that did have one. First of all, none of the new top loaders have an agitator anymore. Second, the way this machine works makes it agitate the clothes a lot. The machine uses less water because of the way it works - the machine spins and pulls the water out of the drum, up to the top, then sprays it back onto the clothes as it spins. I feel that this is a very effective method of getting the clothes clean while using less water at the same time.

The only thing I find annoying about this model is that it locks the lid closed when it starts a cycle. So if you find a stray towel or sock that needs to be added to the load, you can't just pick up the lid and toss it in. You have to pause the washer, wait for it to unlock, then add it to the load and press the start button again. No big deal, and I'm sure this is a big safety device, but it is a little inconvenient.

My biggest complaint? My old dryer can't keep up with the large loads, so now we need to buy the matching dryer to go with this washer. I've even considered hooking up two dryers. But really, I can't complain. As a family of seven, I do about one load of laundry each day with this machine - as opposed to running the old one all day, usually doing three loads a day. As an example, I do three loads per week for my husband and I together - one load of whites, one of darks and one of jeans per week. I used to have to do them at least twice, sometimes three times a week. We also do one load of towels each week, and then the kids laundry in a similar fashion as mom and dad's. I love this machine! But like I said, I'm going to have to buy the dryer to match.

Oh, and I haven't had any problems at all with tangled clothes, which I see someone has commented about.

This washer can't wash small loads!

I recently purchased this top loading high effieciency LG washer. It looked great and it does wash most clothes, however, this washer is unable to wash small loads of clothes. Yes I can put almost every piece of clothing I own in at one time, but, what about that really small load of red clothes? Or that one little black dress that I want to wash by itself? Or even that load of whites that in my old washer would have been a medium-small load (not even a really small load)? When washing small loads this new LG washer gets to the spin cycle and decides that the load is unbalanced. It adds more water (a lot more water, almost filling the entire tub) and tries to reposition the clothes and spin them again. This addition of water and repositioning of the load happens several times and then the washer decides it can't properly balance the clothes so I need to manually reposition the clothes. After I do this, it still thinks the load is unbalanced and tries to reposition the clothes again by adding more water. Apparently the sensor is super sensitive because the clothes are evenly distributed around the outside of the tub. It's not like they are all bunched on one side. I can't imagine that this is at all highly efficient. I finally called the manufacturer and guess what, LG says that this model is not capable of washing small loads of laundry. I think that for the amount this washer costs, it should wash my clothes no matter how big or small the load! Please don't take my word for it. Call the LG and ask them yourself. I would not recommend this washer at all if you ever want to wash a small load of clothes.

Best Washing Machine I Have Owned

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I purchased the LG Wave Series washer about six months ago and have been more than satisfied with it. I like that the machine is easy to use. The drum inside the machine is extra large so I can do more laundry in less time. I am really impressed by how quite the machine is. I have to walk into the laundry room to make sure it is still running. The cleaning performance is great as it gets our clothes clean and even removes set in stains. The washing machine goes through the cycles faster than any other washing machine that I have owned. The design of the machine is great, it will fit in any standard size utility room. I like that this is a top loading machine instead of front loading. I don't have to worry about the water leaking from the front. I am more than happy with my purchase of the LG washing machine and would definitely purchase another if need be. I would like to recommend the LG Wave Series washing machine to everyone.

• Cleaning Time:

Cleans alot of clothes really well.

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

Overall this machine cleans well, even large loads or really yucky clothes.

Energy Efficiency
It's supposed to measure the right water, but usually if it has too little to start, the next option is really full. Not good for middle sized loads.

Cleaning Time
Seems longer than some, but it does clean well.

I very rarely have to clean again. It does super dirty or stained items in the first pass.

All of the options are easy to modify.

Really large capacity is nice, but if you are short, you would be hard pressed to reach the bottom of the load.

So far so good.

Amazing washer!!!!

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

Best washer! Totally in love with this graphite color. My husband and I bought this washer and the matching gas dryer and we could not be happier! This washer has so many different wash cycles including sportswear, baby, delicates, whites, colors; just to name a few. We loved it so much my parents went out and bought the same exact ones.

Very easy to use.

Great Machine!

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

When is came time to replace our Whirlpool basic machines, we searched long and hard to find what our family needed. Our older machines were great when our kids were little, but we found that as their clothes got bigger our needs were not being met with the simple machines we had. Basically, we needed larger machines. This LG Washing machine fit that bill nicely. The size of the drum is fantastic. We were able to cut the number of loads we were running in half. It is quiet, user friendly and our clothes come out cleaner than before. We have been able to quickly teach everyone in our family how to use this machine and the fact that we are using LE detergent pods eliminates the need for measuring and pouring out detergent so even our youngest child can use the machine safely. I love the warranty as well. We felt if LG had the faith to put such a large manufacturer warranty on their product it had to be of a higher quality. Love it.

LG Top loader

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

Great product I have had mine for 3months now and have washed my comforters in it with no problems. Very easy to use and I love that I can add detergent and fabric softener in the very beginning & walk away till the load is done.

As I mentioned before I love that I can do all my laundry at home & not have to go to laundry mat for my blanket and such,

Very easy for me to use was somewhat difficult for my older father to work it at first but after a couple times of showing him things he was able to work it on his own

• Cleaning Time:

LG wave series ultra large capacity top load washer

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I bought the washer and dryer about a over a year ago and I still love it. Best washer and dryer I've ever owned. Thank you so much LG!!!!!! Definitely worth it's price. This has never failed me.

The performance with the washer is amazing the clothes come out so clean and they don't come out all nasty. I just love the settings it has it helps so things don't get damaged. Also can we just talk about that cute song that comes on when clothes are done. Or when you turn the nob it's so helpful I actually know when my clothes ready.

Very easy to use its so simple and everything is so clear. Using the settings is so easy.

The design is so beautiful and modern I just look it so much.

Like I said before I've had it a little over more than than a year and works Fine clothes come out great. Not like other brands. Plus they gave me like 10 year warranty that I could return it if something is wrong with it but I don't think I'm going to have to. Or maybe it was more than 10 years I font know it says it on the machine. LG is the best.

• Cleaning Time:

I am delighted with this washer.

from Kenner, LA

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I have the LG waveforce WT5001C. It is very large and can fit my king size bedspread in and get it clean!
I use very, very little detergent (I like ALL) and everything gets clean and nice.
It has many choices as to type of wash you are doing.
It has a child lock system.
I like the glass top. You can see what's going on.
It doesn't take up a lot of room. That is a bonus as my laundry room is small.

• Cleaning Time:

This is a fabulous machine for families with kids.

from Dupont, WA

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

This is a fantastic washer. We have a teenage son that goes through multiple sets of clothes daily. The large capacity of the washer makes it very easy and quick to finish a load. I love that it tells you how many minutes are left in each cycle.

Cleaning Time
Seems to be half the washing time of my previous machine.

The clothes seem cleaner than with my previous machine. When I used the fabric softener the clothes seemed twice as soft as before.

Looks great!

• Cleaning Time:

Somewhat disappointed - miss the agitator, poor on small loads

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I gave away my 10 yr old Maytag Atlantis so I could buy this. What a mistake. It looks beautiful and has great features, its super quiet, but I have had problems with it from day one. First off, if you try to wash just a few things, like a bathrobe and a few pair of jeans, it ALWAYS gets unbalanced and I have to go in and redistribute - what a PAIN. I should not have to babysit this sensitive whiney washer. As far as larger loads, its okay. but without the agitator they get tangled and wrapped around each other, legs of jeans wrapped around shirts, sleeves knotted around themselves. A new problem that popped up is the bleach dispenser is always full of water after each load, it wont drain...have to call about that problem now. Its just OK - but I regret giving up my other washer. I may go back to where I bought it and ask for an exchange, hope its not too late.

Cleaning Time
It takes forever, over an hour to wash

Not good for small loads, it gets unbalanced. Clothes get tangled.

Dump the clothes in, close the lid, push the button - pretty basic

Looks nice, too bad it doesnt perform as good as it looks.

The bleach drain is clogged, its only been 6 months

Fantastic HE Toploader

from Dawsonville, GA

Comments about LG Wave Series Ultra Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

This is the new LG toploading washing machine model #WT5101HV. It was our first LG purchase and we couldn't be happier. It runs quiet, has tons of features, spins clothes to almost dry, it has a great chime for when clothes are done and custom wash options. The new color looks great in my laundry room. Unlike the frontloaders I researched, I do not have to worry about the noise and vibrations they are known to cause. I have no problems with standing water or odors coming from inside the drum whether I close it or leave it open. I did my homework before making this purchase and we are thrilled with it. The capacity is huge. We had a couple of questions when the machine was new and were very impressed with how quickly the LG reps. answered the phone. They were very pleasant to talk to and were able to answer all of our questions. We highly recommend this product. You won't be disappointed!

I tend to add water to the washer since this is one of those water saving products. I also use the add extra water feature and exta rinse cycle on every wash. I really like my clothes to have all detergent out of them. This really cleans the clothes well and I have not had the problem of it destroying my clothes as I had read while researching this product.