Other Washing Machines:

Pros

Cons

Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW5500X

My whirlpool Cabrio

Fantastic washer ! never had anything wrong with it yet. I don't even hear it when its running.

Looks good , dosen't take up...Read complete review

My whirlpool Cabrio

Looks good , dosen't take up much room at all. I use it everyday .I have never owned one of theses  before I went as far as buying the extended service I don't think I'm going to have to use it at all.I think the design looks just great. I will never buy anything less then a Whirlpool..

Nightmare City

This machine may work fine for some people, but for us it was a fiasco that has turned into eleven stressful months of trying to get clothes clean. I've been using the same soft water for my laundry for over twenty-five years and have always used certain brands of detergents and bleach because they clean better. Nothing I tried in this washer cleaned our clothes so being an "oldster" I decided I had to be doing something wrong. I called Whirlpool and they assured me that I was following all the directions correctly and there was no reason it shouldn't be cleaning. In desperation I called the dealer where I bought it and she recommended also making sure the water filters weren't blocked, which I did. It didn't make any difference and no one had a clue. I, on the other hand, am pretty sure I know why. It's just not up to the task of truly dirty laundry. My husband is a mechanic at a dairy and pretty much rolls around in dirt and grease all day long. Even after three washings (certainly no energy or water savings by then, plus a huge waste of time), his clothes were still dirty and smelled like fuel. His white socks were turning yellowish gray with huge stains. White dish rags that wipe up coffee, tea, cocoa, and grease kept getting more and more stains. Our bed sheets were not only following the same path but started pilling. Even wearing sheets completely out I've never had pilling before. Spots on other clothing wouldn't budge.

As if dirty clothes weren't enough, a couple of weeks ago the cycle started stopping before it could enter into the final spin. The washer would just stop and unlock the lid as if it had completed. Thankfully it still had about a month to go under warranty so with two trips by a repairman it was finally fixed. One of the computer chips had failed and was throwing an error instead of completing the cycle. During that time I borrowed an old-fashioned washer that I've had in storage for a relative. I had forgotten what it was like to pull clean clothes out of the washer! After one single wash, my dish rags were cleaner than I'd seen them in almost a year. My bed sheets were almost stainless again. Moreover, hubby's filthy work clothes only took one trip through and went into the dryer smelling fresh and clean.

I still haven't decided what to do about my laundry situation but one thing's for certain: I won't be trying to wash any more clothes in this thing.

Whirpool...NOT WHAT IT USE TO BE

from CANADA

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Transmission replaced (out of warranty) less than 2 years. New replaced transmission lasted less than 1 year, washining machine has since ended up on street curb for scrap metal. MY LAST WHIRLPOOOL PRODUCT.

Above average washer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Our Cabrio washing machine is around 5 years old and we've been very pleased with it. We really like the capacity of the tub which is increased by the lack of an agitator. I also like the ability to set the spin speed, temperature soil level and extra rinse option.

Energy Efficiency
    It is energy efficient due to two elements- the ability to set the temperature option to cold and the super capacity which reduces the number of loads.

Cleaning Time
    Average. A nice feature is the digital readout of remaining minutes in cycle.

I'm rating this appliance very high as I've been very pleased with the results.

The controls are largely self explanatory. The only issues we've had is when the machine is out of balance due to bulky loads and an error message flashes.

Attractive and I enjoy the top loading feature. I am able to stop a cycle at any point to add clothes. The more popular front loading washers do not appear to have this option.

So far- so good!

A great washer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I love Whirlpool products! They are very affordable, which is also a very good reason to check them out. I bought this washer when I moved into my first apartment. The washer works great, it always leaves everything clean, and smelling great. The wash cycles do not take as long as other washers I have used, which is a huge plus. There are plenty of washing options to choose from for all different weights, and types of clothes. All in all, this is a great washer and for the money, you really cannot go wrong.

Cleaning Time
    Very good cleaning time. It is a lot faster than some other, older washers I have used before.

Does a great job getting everything clean, and leaves everything smelling great.

Very easy to use, even though it has multiple washing options. Also, everything is labeled so its easy to select whatever cycle you wish to use.

Has a good design, sleek design, and it looks great in my laundry room.

Its as durable as you would expect from any washer. Its easy to dent, so just be careful when moving it into place.

Beware of the lid

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

It is a great machine- cleans great just has a major problem with the lid.I have had this machine since December of 2011. The lid was broken three times. The first time it was less then a year after purchasing the machine. The first time it broke the lid would only open half way! Very hard to do laundry that way! The second and third time it broke the lid wouldn't stay open. The first two times it was due to a faulty piece from the factor. I am not sure about the third time as it just broke and it is getting fixed in the next day or so. So if you decide to purchase the problem just be aware that this an issue.

Energy Efficiency
    Does not take a lot of energy to run this machine!

Cleaning Time
    Could be a little faster as it usually takes over an hour to do one load of dark clothes.

It cleans wonderfully as far as I can tell.

Very easy to use

Great design

It is very durable! I have three kids under the age of 7 and two dogs ( one big and one small). I

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer I have ever owned

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I had always used affordable washers but I went out on a limb and went for more expensive a I will never go back! I love this washer! It has so many cycles to choose from, it also has energy efficiency settings and it tells you what the best options are for what you put in the washer. You can add bulky items without worrying if it will ruin your machine since it has a setting for bulky items.

Energy Efficiency
    When you turn on the machine it tells you the setting for the most energy efficient wash cycle.

Cleaning Time
    It ways your clothes and determines the wash time.

This is such a smart machine. You add what you want it to do like an extra spin cycle or an extra cycle for fabric softener. I love this machine!

Eco friendly

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I love this washer. Very eco friendly. Saves me time and money. I can wash 3 days of laundry in 1 load. Also, I can use my own home made laundry soap without damaging the washer. Highly recommended if you have children.

Energy Efficiency
    I can definitely see a difference in my electric bill.

all you do is push a button

I love this washer.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This is the best washer I've had. Easy to use, love how easy it is to use. Durable, love that the lid locks, and how its a high efficiency washeer which means uses less energy. Clothes get clean very well. And it has more settings then a regular washer. And I like the fact that there is a spot for fabric softener and detergent. On quick wash it washes them quickly. And you can set it on bulky items for big blankets or things like that. It has more setting for water temperature. The only down fall is that it takes a few minutes to unlock it, if you don't catch it in time. But overall it is a great washer and I absolutely love it.

I love that the lid locks.

Cabrio love!

from Fort Smith, AR

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I wanted the ever so pretty red front loaders but had heard so many negative comments so I did my research & ended up with the whirlpool cabrio. I love it. So many settings & options. I don't have to take anything to the cleaners anymore bc the delicate settings do the trick! And the lock lid makes it childproof for my toddler who loves to throw toys in;) I love the alarm setting that let's you know when clothes are done. Love the buzzers that alert you for fabric softener or to let you know when the clothes are done washing.

Cleaning Time
    I love that it has a digital time display so you know exactly how long until your clothes are done. So helpful when I'm trying to get them done before leaving the house.

Keeps clothes clean & bright! I've had it for 3 years now and don't have one complaint! Very happy with my purchase!

Lots of options but so easy to use! Very self explanatory. Even tells you if the load is too full. You can customize all the settings from temperature to soil level.

Gets the job done

from Milford, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

We have had this washer for several years and it does a good job. It does need to be loaded a special way and the use of certain detergents is suggested. I will say that the dryer that goes with the washer is very noisy from day one. So much we had the first one replaced and the second one is still just as noisy. If I had to do it over again I would do a front loader.

Energy Efficiency
    Really hard to know? I would have to have a meter attached to it and compare to another...

So far...