Other Washing Machines:
Whirlpool
WTW5500XW
Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer

Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer

Pros

• Adjustable settings (4)
  • Clean clothes well (4)
  • Energy efficient (3)
  • Large capacity (3)
  • Spins clothes dry (3)

• Bedding (3)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Everyday clothes (3)
  • Towels (3)

Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW5500X

My whirlpool Cabrio

Fantastic washer ! never had anything wrong with it yet. I don't even hear it when its running.

Looks good , dosen't take up...Read complete review

My whirlpool Cabrio

Looks good , dosen't take up much room at all. I use it everyday .I have never owned one of theses  before I went as far as buying the extended service I don't think I'm going to have to use it at all.I think the design looks just great. I will never buy anything less then a Whirlpool..

Nightmare City

This machine may work fine for some people, but for us it was a fiasco that has turned into eleven stressful months of trying to get clothes clean. I've been using the same soft water for my laundry for over twenty-five years and have always used certain brands of detergents and bleach because they clean better. Nothing I tried in this washer cleaned our clothes so being an "oldster" I decided I had to be doing something wrong. I called Whirlpool and they assured me that I was following all the directions correctly and there was no reason it shouldn't be cleaning. In desperation I called the dealer where I bought it and she recommended also making sure the water filters weren't blocked, which I did. It didn't make any difference and no one had a clue. I, on the other hand, am pretty sure I know why. It's just not up to the task of truly dirty laundry. My husband is a mechanic at a dairy and pretty much rolls around in dirt and grease all day long. Even after three washings (certainly no energy or water savings by then, plus a huge waste of time), his clothes were still dirty and smelled like fuel. His white socks were turning yellowish gray with huge stains. White dish rags that wipe up coffee, tea, cocoa, and grease kept getting more and more stains. Our bed sheets were not only following the same path but started pilling. Even wearing sheets completely out I've never had pilling before. Spots on other clothing wouldn't budge.

As if dirty clothes weren't enough, a couple of weeks ago the cycle started stopping before it could enter into the final spin. The washer would just stop and unlock the lid as if it had completed. Thankfully it still had about a month to go under warranty so with two trips by a repairman it was finally fixed. One of the computer chips had failed and was throwing an error instead of completing the cycle. During that time I borrowed an old-fashioned washer that I've had in storage for a relative. I had forgotten what it was like to pull clean clothes out of the washer! After one single wash, my dish rags were cleaner than I'd seen them in almost a year. My bed sheets were almost stainless again. Moreover, hubby's filthy work clothes only took one trip through and went into the dryer smelling fresh and clean.

I still haven't decided what to do about my laundry situation but one thing's for certain: I won't be trying to wash any more clothes in this thing.

Love it

from lverne battle creek mi

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Heavy/Bulky Items

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Love my washer. It is so easy to use. I love the delay start. I can set it for just before I come home from work. I use it every day and it's my best friend. Lol

Forget this one!

from Columbia, SC

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

• Nothing

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I onlydo 2-3 loads a week. It's just two of us. After 5 months I had to have a repair man come twice in 2 weeks. He fixed the computer but said I needed new ballbearings. It would cost almost as much as a new machine. Got no help from the company.

We Love It

from Lansing, MI

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Spins Clothes Dry

• Heavy/Bulky Items

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer a few years ago and it has never given us a problem. I am able to fit a lot in there. It has enough settings to choose from and is easy to use. It is energy efficient and it senses imbalances so when it starts to go out of balance, it corrects itself. Due to that feature, it can be a little noisy sometimes. It also adjusts the water level accordingly. Our laundry always gets clean and I feel like it is gentle on our laundry. It has been a great washer and it was for a good price.

I Love My Cabrio Top Load Washer

from Tennessee

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet
      • Senses Level of Clothes to Save Water Usuage

• Athletic Clothes
        • Small Rugs

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I live by myself, so I don't have a lot of dirty clothes to wash. I usually wash 2 to 3 loads a week. I love how quiet my washer is. I love how I don't have to punch in the level of clothes in it, because it senses the size of the load, and adjusts itself automatically. I have had no trouble out of it until, I moved 7 months ago. I can't get it to do anything since the move. My brother thinks the switch under the door got damaged. He was going to try to fix it for me. I guess I'll have to get someone else, that I can't afford to pay take a look at it. I sure do miss it working. I also have the matching dryer, but luckily, it didn't get more than some scratches in the move.

Whirpool...NOT WHAT IT USE TO BE

from CANADA

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Transmission replaced (out of warranty) less than 2 years. New replaced transmission lasted less than 1 year, washining machine has since ended up on street curb for scrap metal. MY LAST WHIRLPOOOL PRODUCT.

Above average washer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Our Cabrio washing machine is around 5 years old and we've been very pleased with it. We really like the capacity of the tub which is increased by the lack of an agitator. I also like the ability to set the spin speed, temperature soil level and extra rinse option.

Energy Efficiency
          It is energy efficient due to two elements- the ability to set the temperature option to cold and the super capacity which reduces the number of loads.

Cleaning Time
          Average. A nice feature is the digital readout of remaining minutes in cycle.

I'm rating this appliance very high as I've been very pleased with the results.

The controls are largely self explanatory. The only issues we've had is when the machine is out of balance due to bulky loads and an error message flashes.

Attractive and I enjoy the top loading feature. I am able to stop a cycle at any point to add clothes. The more popular front loading washers do not appear to have this option.

So far- so good!

A great washer

from North Baltimore, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I love Whirlpool products! They are very affordable, which is also a very good reason to check them out. I bought this washer when I moved into my first apartment. The washer works great, it always leaves everything clean, and smelling great. The wash cycles do not take as long as other washers I have used, which is a huge plus. There are plenty of washing options to choose from for all different weights, and types of clothes. All in all, this is a great washer and for the money, you really cannot go wrong.

Cleaning Time
          Very good cleaning time. It is a lot faster than some other, older washers I have used before.

Does a great job getting everything clean, and leaves everything smelling great.

Very easy to use, even though it has multiple washing options. Also, everything is labeled so its easy to select whatever cycle you wish to use.

Has a good design, sleek design, and it looks great in my laundry room.

Its as durable as you would expect from any washer. Its easy to dent, so just be careful when moving it into place.

Beware of the lid

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

It is a great machine- cleans great just has a major problem with the lid.I have had this machine since December of 2011. The lid was broken three times. The first time it was less then a year after purchasing the machine. The first time it broke the lid would only open half way! Very hard to do laundry that way! The second and third time it broke the lid wouldn't stay open. The first two times it was due to a faulty piece from the factor. I am not sure about the third time as it just broke and it is getting fixed in the next day or so. So if you decide to purchase the problem just be aware that this an issue.

Energy Efficiency
          Does not take a lot of energy to run this machine!

Cleaning Time
          Could be a little faster as it usually takes over an hour to do one load of dark clothes.

It cleans wonderfully as far as I can tell.

Very easy to use

Great design

It is very durable! I have three kids under the age of 7 and two dogs ( one big and one small). I

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer I have ever owned

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I had always used affordable washers but I went out on a limb and went for more expensive a I will never go back! I love this washer! It has so many cycles to choose from, it also has energy efficiency settings and it tells you what the best options are for what you put in the washer. You can add bulky items without worrying if it will ruin your machine since it has a setting for bulky items.

Energy Efficiency
          When you turn on the machine it tells you the setting for the most energy efficient wash cycle.

Cleaning Time
          It ways your clothes and determines the wash time.

This is such a smart machine. You add what you want it to do like an extra spin cycle or an extra cycle for fabric softener. I love this machine!

Eco friendly

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I love this washer. Very eco friendly. Saves me time and money. I can wash 3 days of laundry in 1 load. Also, I can use my own home made laundry soap without damaging the washer. Highly recommended if you have children.

Energy Efficiency
          I can definitely see a difference in my electric bill.

all you do is push a button