Other Magazines:

Pros

Cons

You don't have to be a Weight Watchers member to enjoy it!

**FIRST REVIEW 2002:**

**FIRST REVIEW 2002:**

Many, many years ago, well Ok maybe not THAT many years ago, but I would say about 3-4 years ago I had a free subscription to Weight Watchers magazine. I was not on the program then, nor did I really know much about it other than it was some sort of a "diet" that people followed. I did enjoy the magazine. There were some good tips, general articles not related to food, and some nice recipes. But, I was in my early 20's at that time, and those types of things did not hold my interest for long. At that time I was more into fashion, love, advice, things like that. My magazine collection included things like People, Glamour, Cosmo, and Marie Claire. My subscription ran out and I never gave it much thought. Flash forward to 2002. I am not in my late 20's. Ok 27 to be exact. Earlier this year my employer brought in the Weight Watchers at Work Program. At first I was a little skeptical about it. But, I had surgery a few months prior to that which left me with a huge weight gain. The employer offered a health benefit meant for gym memberships, but allowed us this one time to use it on WW if we decided to join their at work. That was all the incentive I needed. Joined for less than half price was a great motivational tool. I went to my first meeting, and I was so excited. I was going to make this work for me if it was the last thing I ever did. I came home that night, hungry for more information. I had to get more. Where was I going to get it? I looked on eBay. Boy, there was a TON of stuff. Then, there it was, right there in front of me. My old friend had called out to me. The first line: Weight Watchers Magazine 3 year subscription. I began to remember my days flipping through the older issues. Boy had those pages changed. So, I bid. I waited. Few days later, I was informed I had WON!! I got this magazine for less than $7!!!!!! How could you go wrong with that? Time went by, and no magazine. I thought for sure I had just had my first dealings with a scam artist. But, a few days later, there it was. I picked it up, feeling its nice glossy cover. I read that issue at LEAST 6 times. Hungry for all of that new information that would help push me along. Now, I can't wait for each issue to arrive. It has been about 6 months since I joined Weight Watchers. Although the work program is over, I still enjoy traditional weekly meetings. I have lost 39 pounds, and if it were not for the support, tips, and motivation I get from the magazine, I may have given up a long time ago. I feel that the magazine SHOULD be published every month as we only get it every other. This magazine is not for someone who is looking for fashion, beauty, or other "female" type articles. There is usually less than 2 pages on that type of information. The articles are more based on health, weight, and the issues that can arise as a result of these things. It is possible for someone who is not on Weight Watchers to enjoy the magazine. The tips for weight loss, articles on member losses, and recipes provide lots of inspiration and motivation. Recipes provide healthy nutrition for your body. However, I feel that a person not on Weight Watchers may find all the articles and advertisements a little boring, as it ALL relates to WW and their products. Few other products are mentioned, and if they are there is sure to be a related POINT value printed on it. There are POINT values and related material throughout the entire magazine. For someone who is on Weight Watchers, you have to get the magazine. Whether you are like me, and searched out a good bargain on eBay, or you buy it directly from the Weight Watchers web site, this magazine supplements your meetings. When you need a new recipe, it is there. If you are going through some physical or mental pain with exercise and weight loss, it is there. Motivation, Inspiration, Tips, Tricks, it is all there too!**UPDATE 2009:**

****As I look back on many things in life, one thing I regret the most – letting the weight creep back on until it became a huge problem. We all know life gets in the way and we face challenges. I am now back on the Weight Watchers program for guidance and support.Going back on the program for me means I need my trusty friend. I will be searching for the best deal on the magazine so that I am able to have that trusted friend back by my side. Weight Watchers magazine is very easy to read. The layout is pretty much the same as any other magazine; although I am sure things have changed since I have read an issue. Every month there are success stories from other members and often times there is a one for extreme motivation from a meeting leader. Every issue also included MANY great recipes, motivational stories, relationship advice (although not a lot like other woman’s magazines), advice on how to dress while losing weight, and generally a personal story from members. The only drawback to the magazine was the advertisements. There are a lot of them and 90% of them are Weight Watcher product related. I guess that is to be expected, but it would be nice if the magazine had more substance and less advertising.

**UPDATE 2010:**

My subscription to the magazine is still going strong, even after all this time. I do not count points much anymore because I use a free online calorie counter, but I still enjoy the magazine and I get a lot of great tips and recipes from it. Also, I love reading the success stories! The only downfall I have, there are a lot of ads and it still is not a monthly magazine!

WW...a book of ads with a few stories thrown into it.

I got a fabulous deal on a subscription to WW magazine, and was excited this summer when I got my first issue just before leaving on a camping trip which included significant time laying...Read complete review

I got a fabulous deal on a subscription to WW magazine, and was excited this summer when I got my first issue just before leaving on a camping trip which included significant time laying on the beach.

Unfortunately, I was nearly arrested for littering on the beach due to about a million stuck-in ads in the magazine flying around.  Okay, not really, but had I been, I doubt any inmates I would have the priviledge of sharing a cell with would have bothered to look at this magazine, the graffiti walls would be more exciting.

The magazine is just a promotion of the WW program and ads.  Thats it.  Oh, and expired coupons...not kidding!  There honestly wasn't even any new, fun recipes in it.  Just stories about WW participants, and the ads.

I look for helpful tips, fresh ideas, or great reminders of classics when it comes to magazines.

Save your money.  At least I got value out of it when we needed material to start our campfire that night.

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

Best Magazine Ever especially if you are on Weight Watchers. Great support from "Real People" articles. Wonderful and tasty recipes. I can read this from front to cover in one sitting due to the easy read. It is affordable and is a magazine that you can go back to time and time again. I would definitely recommend this magazine to anyone on Weight Watchers or non WW people.

Weight Watcher's Magazine is a woman's good friend.

from West Plains, MO

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

One of the finest magazines on the newstands or magazine racks these days is the Weight Watcer's Magazine. This magazine doesn't show models that are abnormally small -- it shows real women with real curves and weight gain. This is a magazine for the "plus" woman as society has named it now - that is if you wear size 14 or above.

This magazine has real stories about real women (and men) that fight each day with controlling their appetite and healthy eating. The stories are told in a way that you feel like you are speaking to the person that it is about. You feel like you have crossed the same struggle as this person and faced he same ridicule by others because of the way you look with weight gain. The stories then go on to share how the person defeated weight gain, and how they are living life in a healthy, eating way.

The magazine also shares certain fashion ideas. These pertain to the heavier woman or curvy woman. It tells what looks best on them, for instance wearing the right jean to flatter a heavy figure or a certain length of skirt to make one look taller.

I also enjoy the advertising that is included in Weight Watcher's Magazine. The ads are "teaching advertisements" by giving calorie intake or points for the Flex Plan. They also share with the reader what stores the certain items can be found in which is very nice for shoppers.

And the best part of the magazine is the recipes. These recipes are for the "weight watcher". They give you the point value and all of the nutritional values of the recipe. The recipes are not difficult to make and most of the ingredients are items that can be found in most grocery stores.

Thank you Weight Watcher's Magazine for being a wonderful material for the woman concerned about her health and eating situations.

Great magazine for the Weight Watcher!

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

I've personally used the Weight Watchers plan, and love the success and encouragement I found from other weight watchers, in person and online.

The Weight Watchers magazine is one more way that I can find support, tips for success, and great recipes! My favorite part of the magazine is the food and recipe suggestions. I love to cook, so any source for easy, yummy, point friendly recipes is great.

This year, the magazine has also included an easy to follow walking program. The Weight Watchers commitment to health and wellness is amazing. I'd recommend this magazine to anyone looking for healthy living tips, whether you follow the weight watchers plan or not.

Its not your average dieter's Magazine.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

I enjoy reading Weight Watchers magazine, more than I expected to. There are articles of medical advice pertaining to diets and other helpful information. Recipes that have been adjusted to make more healthful meals and then there are coupons in tne magazine on products from weight watchers and other manufacturers that might be useful to battle  weight loss.  It helps keep you informed on the changing trends in fashion occasionally with celebrities or other familiar people sharing their highs and lows in the battle of the bulge. I also suggest you try some ot the recipes, which I did, and was pleasantly surprised at the taste.  I didn't miss the add sugar or fats that oathers do.

This magazine is a good combination of self-help, cooking and general health information.  If you enjoy trying new recipes, this is the magazine for you to try whether you are male or female. I find myself reading the magazine over and over during the month and look forward to reading the next issue each month.

Great if you are a Weight Watchers Member

from South Bend, IN

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

I am not currently a member of Weight Watchers but I am starting to count my calories. I was hoping this magazine would give some great recipes that would be low in calories. While it did supply some recipes, it didn't have nearly as many as I was hoping to find. On top of that the recipes involved a lot of ingredients that I don't use or keep stocked in my kitchen.

There were some great articles about excersice and healthy living. I did learn a lot and enjoyed reading them it was just not what I was expecting when I ordered the magazine.

If you are a member you will probably really like it as it is very encouraging to read the stories from all of the others who have had success on the program.

So, I could only give it four stars becuase it was not what I expected. However, I did enjoy reading the articles. You do not need to be a member to buy it, but you will probably enjoy it more if you are a member.

Great Read!

from Pekin, IL

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

I've been receiving Weight Watchers Magazine for about 4 years now and I really enjoy it.  In this magazine you'll find a little bit of everything.  You'll find healthy recipes, weight loss success stories, work out routines, fashion and style, make-over stories, etc.  The magazine is very inspirational.

If you are a Weight Watchers member or you're just thinking about giving Weight Watchers a try, this is a must-read!  Sometimes, when I'm having a bad day and just can't seem to get up any motivation, I will pick up my Weight Watchers Magazine, read a couple of articles or success stories and it will really help to pump me up...

There are many great recipe ideas in the magazine, too!  And the best part is that all of the recipes fit into a healthy life style!  There are also many healthy snack ideas and alternatives.   And guess what!  There are coupons in every edition!  Sweet!

In addition to all this, the magazine flows with the seasons.  Sooo, in the spring / summer time, you will usually see a swimsuit section along with great workout routines to help get you looking good ahead of time!

Magazine review

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

This magazine is one of the best magazines I have ever seen on the a very subjective topic like weight.It is a must read magazine for all obsesity and fat persons.It gives you the right information on what to eat,when to eat and how to closely watch your weight.I read one of the finest articles in this magazine recently about the food for health consoius persons,It gave such a **healthy and tasty recipe **that It removed my perception that a healthy food cant be tasty.I admire this magazine and strongly recommend it to all who are health concoius. try it and it is fun reading. The only drawback of this is that it has too many ads and sometimes it becomes boring reading these ads,but some times if you take a closer look to these ads they can be useful as they provide a very useful info on rare things such as the one i read recently about the trade mill which I was seaRCHING FOR  and i got that in that ad,so watch out for those useful ads which can be beneficail to you personally.

Weight Watchers Magazine is Fun to read.

from Monrovia, CA

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

I was really pleased when I ordered my subscription of Weight Watchers Magazine. The articles they list in their magazine I feel are informative and fun to read. They always have great coupons in their magazine for items I would actually purchase. I love all the simple and delicious recipies they have listed throughout the magazine. I like to clip them and put them in my receipe book for future reference. I also like reading the motivational stories they share. Its real people loosing weight and it makes you feel like they are like you and not some super model. I thought the price for a one year subscription was very reasonable vs paying for one magazine at a time. Each edition is uniquly different in the fresh new articles they brign you. I like when they display everyday outfits that you can easily put together to help you along the way as you loose weight. Functional, and resonalbe in price. They are easy to replicate in a budget that fits you. Overall I was really  happy with this magazine and I look forward to renewing my subscription and I think its a magazine you should get if your on the fence of buying one.

Love everything in this mag & I don't follow weight watchers

from Helena, MT

Comments about Weight Watchers Magazine:

**Weight Watchers Magazine has been a great subscription for me.  I found a really cheap deal to subscribe so I thought it can't hurt right?!  Well I have ended up reading this one front to back more than some of the other fitness and health magazines I receive.  There are great recipies of course in the magazine.  I expected that.  But last month alone there were several products that I added to my want list.  They had some great things that I was dying to buy and would have never found out about them otherwise.  I love the content.  I have never done weight watchers and probably don't plan on it, but I do like reading the sucess stories and learning how other people stay and get healthy.  The magazine is colorful and full of all kinds of information.  I feel it is definatly worth the subscription and would be great for anyone to read who is interested in a healthy lifestyle.  I have been pleaseantly surprised by this magazine and will extend my subscription for sure :)**

WW...a book of ads with a few stories thrown into it.

from Bemidji, MN