Other Grills:
Weber
Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill

Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill

Our 'Go Anywhere' Weber Grill

My husband and I love our Weber grills. So much so, in fact, that my husband was featured in a Weber commercial a couple of summers ago. We started with a single Weber gas grill that we received as a wedding gift, and over the past four years we have managed to accumulate many more Weber grills. For my husband's birthday last year, I bought him a **Weber Q** so we could have a Weber grill to take with us on our boat.

**About the Weber Q**Weber's "Go Anywhere" gas grill is about 26" tall and 31" wide. It has porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates and a reported 280 square inch cooking area. The cast aluminum grill is designed for ultimate portability, with fold-in tray table sides and a small thermometer in the lid.  Small propane tanks screw easily into the side of the grill, and can be tucked in a picnic bag without taking up much more room than a large water bottle. We also purchased a black, rolling duffel bag from Weber designed specifically to hold the Weber Q. You can buy a wheeled cart for it as well.

**Using our Weber Q - And How Well It Works** We use the grill every time we go out on our boat, and take it with us to tailgating parties. My husband fashioned a flat frame that we covered with heat-resistant material to set underneath the Weber Q, so we can even set the Weber out on our swim pad and grill right on the water! Remarkably, the Weber Q doesn't get tremendously hot at the base, but I wouldn't recommend setting it on an unprotected, heat-sensitive surface.

We've grilled everything from burgers to chickens on the Weber Q. It heats up quickly and evenly with Weber's one-touch ignition system. The grill is easy to use and set up, no matter where you are. The fold-out work tables have hooks for holding your grill tools, and serve as a handy work surface. Once the grill is turned off, it cools rapidly with the lid open, so that within a half hour the work tables can be folded back onto the grates, the lid closed, and the grill put away.

**Cat's Bottom Line**I am an unabashed fan of any and all things Weber. The quality of their grills is fantastic and the Weber Q is a particularly handy grill. Weber's taken everything that makes their standard gas grills great, and has condensed it all down into a portable gem of a grill that can go anywhere. We love our Weber Q.

**Weber Q Site: http://www.weber.com/q/default.aspx**

works well

was alittle difficult to put togethr at first. We had problems putting it together. For alittle grill, you would think it would have been alittle easier putting it together. The directions were alittle difficult to read and it seemed like forever to finally get this grill together and ready for use. However, when it was finally able to use, the grill worked well and did what it was able to. HOwever, by the forth use, one of the legs fell off and had to be put back on, however I was in the middle of cooking on the grill so this task was very difficult to do at the time and almost impossible being the grill was hot and the dinner was on the grill at the time. Other than this, no problems reported with the grill. We purchased the grill because the gas bottle on my big grill is currenlty stuck and my father has not come yet to get it unstuck so we needed somethign temporary to cook on and this has served its purpose.

Great for camping

from Libya

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Easy Assembly
  • Easy To Cleanup
  • Easy To Use
  • Even Heat
  • Great Design

Cons

• Poor Flame Quality

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use
  • Small Gatherings

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

Have the larger grill that looks like this. Love it, so of course I would choose the smaller one. Works great, fits plenty of food, cleans up easily, and travels great in the fifth wheel. Weber grills always last forever. As long as you keep up on cleaning and any maintenance it holds up for years. This grill holds up to three good size steaks, or 6 medium burgers. I've used it for veggitables, warming up buns, and for foil packets.

us

from us

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy Assembly
  • Even Heat
  • Great Design

Cons

• Bad Starter
  • Not The Taste Of Charcoal
  • Poor Flame Quality

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use

Good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Cooking with gas

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

Okay I have to preface this review by admitting I am biased towards charcoal. But the male in the household wanted a gas grill, so we got this one. He has thoroughly enjoyed using it.

Charcoal bias aside, we have been able to grill a variety of foods on this Weber, from fish fillets to sausages. They always come out evenly cooked with nice burn marks. The flavor is very nice; though it's missing the smoky flavor of charcoal, it doesn't taste like gasoline.

Versatility
For a small grill it can handle a lot of different jobs. One year when the oven broke down during Thanksgiving we even considered spatchcocking a couple of game hens to cook on this - the dome would have allowed enough space for it. A heroic handyman came out and fixed the oven so we didn't have to, but logistically it could have worked.

It's easy to use. It's got push button ignition, a built in thermometer, and runs on a removable propane cylinder like the kind you find in the grocery store during hurricane sales. I still prefer the sight of charcoal briquets turning white to let me know it's hot enough over looking at the thermometer though.

It's pretty easy to clean, considering it's grease we're talking about. The grate, grease tray and catch pan all come out so you can wash them in the sink. Point for gas against charcoal here: propane is easier to clean up after.

It has held up quite well. It's even been rained on and hasn't rusted. The main expense of upkeep with one of these is keeping the propane in supply. Propane ain't cheap.

I've got to admit the shape of this thing ensures even cooking. I still prefer charcoal for a number of reasons, but for a gas grill the Q 100 is a great little cooker.

A family favorite

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

This is a wonderful little propane grill. We purchased it along with the Weber charcoal grill. We like to take the charcoal grill when we go camping and on picnics, but there are times when we don't want to have to go and buy the charcoal and would rather just use our propane grill. We have used this grill at several family reunions where everyone brought their own grills and it was great. It also really came in handy when our power went out in the winter and we were snowed in. We just took out this little portable grill and were able to cook dinner on it for the couple of nights that we were without any power. I would highly suggest this for anyone with families who enjoy going camping or who like to throw a grill in the back of the truck when they go on picnics or to the park. It works great.

This Weber portable grill works great for our family of 5. We often take it to the park with us or on picnics and it does a wonderful job.

Versatility
Very versatile. This little grill would be great for someone who doesn't have a lot of room in their back yard or on their porch for a big grill. It is also great for families who like to take a grill to the park or for those times when you run out of power and need a grill to cook on.

This grill is super easy to use.

Very easy to clean. I suggest a good grill brush and just keep it brushed clean while it is hot to get all of the grease off.

We have used this grill for well over 2 years now and we love it.

Great for camping

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

Have had no issues. I've always loved Weber, they make a great product.

Like any other grill, turn on the gas and light it up.

Clean while still warm, so any stuck on food comes off.

This grill travels with us on every camping trip. Once in awhile a leg bolt jiggles loose. Easily taken care of, nothing to big. Have had for 2 years, we go camping 3 or more times through out the warm months.

Love the look. Would be great if the lid came in multiple colors. ( blue, red )

Amazing, Couldn't Get Better

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

This portable grill is one of the most amazing and useful mini grills that I've ever gotten. Everything between the ease of use and the attractiveness I have enjoyed it and so have others.

Doesn't use as much propane as one might think. This is personally my favorite mini grill uses a lot less propane compared to other mini grills.

Versatility
Able to grill on it, and along with that you can change the setting and such to what ever style of cooking you prefer and you can also have a side that goes on and holds a plate or buns for a burger on.

Few things I had a issue with was putting in the tank, but after that it is easy to work and use.

Not really hard to clean, a tiny brush along with a grill cleaner it's an easy clean up.

The only issue I came across was the knob comes off pretty easy but it can be a easy fix just glue it on and your back to normal.

I personally love the look and just love how it's designed.

• Versatility:

Compact grill offers big grill experience, but small size.

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

The Weber Q 100 Portable Gas Grill is an excellent choice for both beginner and expert barbecue cooks who are looking for a portable and easy to use grill. It's sleek size allows it to be stored easily and is also great for cooks on the go, that want to take their grill with them,

The grill works great. It has 1 tube with a continuous flame and cooks quickly and smoothly.

Versatility
It is compact, portable and easy to take with you.

It has a push button start, which makes starting the grill easy. The gas connection can take either a short can or use an extension to use a full size cannister

It is very easy to clean. It has a scrape-out hole at the bottom that empty's into a tray that is easily cleaned. The tray is also very easy to replace when necessary.

It is very durable. I have had one for 5 years and it is still going strong.

I love the compact sleek design, it allows the inside to hold heat easily

• Versatility:

Perfect for travel and camping.

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

Great price and built well for travel,

Heats up quick and cooks evenly.

Grill or "Bake"

Small enough to just pick up and move. Large enough to cook for a family.

OK to clean, all grills are difficult to clean.

Our is about 3 years old and still looks like new.

Looks up to date and unique for a grill.

Weber Q 100 Portable Grill

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

This is the perfect grill for camping! It is not too heavy to carry in and out of the truck and is the perfect size for our family. We grill chicken wings, burgers, hotdogs, steaks, and many other things on this cute little grill. It doesn't flare up and cooks food perfectly.

This grill is awesome! It doesn't flare up and works great.

Versatility
This little grill is the perfect size for camping. It is not too heavy to carry around and we use it on all our trips.

This grill is very easy to use. You just turn on the gas and press the ignite button and it starts up. It heats up quickly and is ready to cook in about 10 minutes.

This grill is very easy to clean. After cooking we take a wire brush over the grill and it is clean and ready for the next time. It also has a drip tray that catches all the grease.

We have had this grill for many years and it has held up well for us.

We love the design of this grill and the ease of use. It is perfect for camping and stores easily.

• Versatility:

Ideal for tailgating and the beach

Comments about Weber Q 100 Portable Propane Grill:

This is a great grill for anyone that is wishing to spice up their tailgating at any event or make a real beach party, if the laws allow, a really amazing time. The grill is compact and light enough but sturdy and cooks evenly. This is my first portable grill but probably the only one I'll ever need.

Works the way it should! Heats evenly and quickly, cleans fairly easily and packs up just great. I've cooked everything from pizza to steaks on this grill and they all turn out just as great as my big grill at home.

Versatility
You don't have to travel to use this, it's a great grill for a small apartment porch or concrete back yard in the city. Very easy to use for nearly all tasks although I have not tried smoking any meats in it yet, not sure that would work.

Very simple to unpack and repack once you get the hang of it. Gas connection is simple and seems very safe.

Fairly easy to clean although no grill is the most fun thing to clean I don't mind working on this portable one.

I've given this grill a few bumps and it's made some clunks but it's held up just fine through dozens of concert parking lots and late night burger sessions on the porch.

Looks cool and packs great, really nice design.