Other Grills:
Charcoal Grills, Portable Grills
Weber

Portable and Efficient

We have always had a large gas grill with a huge cooking surface combined side cooking space for extra things. We also kept a huge charcoal barrel grill for when we wanted that charcoal flavor. On top of that we had a smoker for turkeys and hams. They were all great but whenever we traveled to picnic areas or planned a camping trip we were unable to take our large grills and smoker of course. This created the problem of always making sure we either had an alternative way to cook or borrow some sort of grilling appliance from someone. Finally we saw this w=one grill on sale and although we had never bought one like this before we knew the name brand and the price was certainly right. Still we doubted it could work as well as the larger grills so we were prepared for a disappointment in the flavor when we first used it. We were amazed and surprised by how well the flavor came through. We cooked burgers, chicken, hot dos and sausage and all well wonderful and cooked perfectly. The spareribs were the only meat not quite as good as on the larger grills. This now is being used even for when we have a meal for just the 4 of us instead of opening the bigger grills although the main use is still for when we camp or travel. This was a true surprise bargain. I plan to purchase a back-up since we use this one so much.

Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill

This is a great little grill with two exceptions, first, there are no handles on the side, so when it is hot you can't move it, second, the damper is ALL metal and gets very hot so the only way to change the damper is with a glove or grill tool. it could use a lock for the lid

great for banking coals, smoking meats and fish, and grilling cooks evenly, has the right amount of air for smoking, but could still use some improvements.

Versatility
it needs handles to make it more portable. and need lid locks of some kind.

for a grill it adds just the right amount of smoke flavor. cooks evenly, easy to bank the coals, or for use with a smoker box.

easy to clean, just dust the outside with dry rag or paper towel, dumping the ashes is easy, usually all coals fire to ash ratio is wonderful, and grill racks are durable and easy to clean.

the last smokey joe lasted for 5 seasons, this one is even better. easy to use and to take for travel

if I could have a wish list with this little grill, I would add dampers on the sides for smoking purposes, and handles on the side for portability, I would like to see more accessories for this grill, heavier racks and a higher dome lid. It really needs a lock of some kind for the lid for transport and smoking meats.

Good outdoor grill!

from India

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
  • Cooks Efficiently

Cons

• Difficult Setup
  • Small Grilling Surface

• For Self/Couple
  • Large Gatherings
  • Small Gatherings

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

I go outdoors quite often and this grill is my companion. It's size is just perfect and cooks food amazing fast. Unfortunately, there is not much room to grill at the same time.
It cooks items quite fast and the handles are not troublesome to hold and stays cool while cooking.
Versatility
Have not tried too much cooking while staying outdoors, but it does a great job till now with whatever items I cooked on it.
The only problem with this grill is the setup. However, once you achieve that it is not tough to use.
Cleaning it is also very easy, just use some soda and water and it will be cleaned in minutes.
Since I travel a lot with this grill, it suffered a lot in my journey. However, it stays true to its quality and stands firmly against all those potential damages.

Portable and Efficient

from Bulverde, TX

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Cooks Efficiently
  • Portable

Cons

• Small Grilling Surface

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use
  • Small Gatherings

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

Perfect for grilling for two people

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

Overall the grill is perfect for two people, and I love that it is portable. I have been a die-hard Weber grill user, and for me this has been the best option because of traveling so much. I would especially recommend this product to RV-ers or campers who like to hit the remote places, and a grill isn't provided. This grill is also great to take to the beach. Cleaning it is easy, on the rack itself if you get too much build up use a little oven cleaner, and a wire brush, and the build-up will come right off. It has the hole in the bottom to let out your ashes which is very convenient. I love the durability of this grill because I have had mine since 2001, and it has stood the test of time. It performs just like the larger models but of course it's a smaller package. The design is also great because you can bring it anywhere you would like to go, and it will not take up a lot of room in your vehicle. I will continue to use my Weber until I need to replace it, which doesn't look like anytime soon.

• Versatility:

We love our portable grill

from Port Lavaca, TX

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

This is a great grill! We use ours when we go camping. My husband like to smoke as well as grill but smoking in the bbq pits at the camp sites is impossible. It is the perfect size to grill up a main course for my husband, 2 young children, and myself. There isn't enough room to grill any sides at the same time as our meat though.We were a little worried that we would have problems with it rusting or the paint chipping but this grill has shown no signs of wear or rust. The only complaint was the installation. My husband is the one that put it together and got irritated several times.

It does a great job at holding in smoke when we smoke meat. The handle stays nice and cool when cooking too.

Versatility
Very convenient for taking camping. It would also be great for tailgating or gatherings at a park.

Very simple and easy to use.

We usually scoop out most of the ashes and after each trip it makes, we tip it over and spray it out.

We were definitely worried that with it being hauled in the bed of a truck and being used out in the woods the majority of the time that there would be some flaking in the paint or rust spots. We have had no trouble with either.

We love that it does a great job of holding in smoke but there is still the option of opening the vent on top.

Gets the job done!

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

This little grill is great for small spaces, such as if you live in an apartment or taking it to the beach. Very portable.

With this small grill, I noticed that even when I evened out the coal, it will not heat all around the coal. For example, the middle was hotter than the coals around the center. Cooking was still ok, but didn't heat the coals around the center.

ok for small grill outs

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

I have previously and in past purchased and used this Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill and I like it ok. I can say that I found this grill very convenient and easy to use. You just ad the charcoal and light it and wa la you can cook anything you want on it. I have to say that I found this grill to be good if you are grilling for only one or two people. You can cook all meats on this grill although I found you could not cook a lot at one time. This Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill is not really easy to clean. It does require a lot of elbow grease to clean it and you never get all the charcoal out so I found that it was not good as a portable grill after all. I used it only at home. I found that it was made to last as it lasted me a few years before it was no longer useable. I can say one positive thing about this Weber grill is the price. It is priced very reasonable and is affordable for most all budgets. I would recommend it for anyone who is wanting a small grill at home.

Nice Little Grill

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

I didn't want to spend the money on a full size grill, so I bought this one instead. I have only been using it for about two months now, but so far all seems well. It is small, so prepare to bend down or have a table to sit it on. Despite its smaller size, it is still capable of holding about 6 burgers, as well as a couple of hot dogs, too.
My biggest complaint is getting it started. It is such a small grill I think that this affects the starting it up. Sometimes the charcoal also burns out quickly.
For the most part the grill offers quick grilling for all of your favorites. Food cooks evenly and tastes delicious. So far it is sturdy, but I wouldn't say that it could withstand a lot of damage. But, this is something that I cannot really say right now.
All in all this is a nice grill and I am glad that I bought it. My family has had several great BBQs thanks to this little guy!

Doesn't seem too durbale, but then again it isn't some 'cheap' product, either.

• Versatility:

Perfect for small apartments!

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

I got this grill the first year I moved into my apartment. It was mostly because I love grilled chicken and I don't think I could live without it - but nothing tastes quite as good as grilled chicken on a charcoal grill! My apartment is tiny, however, and so when I was looking at charcoal grills this one jumped out at me (most of the other ones were way too big and not at all portable). I bought it - it was cheaper than most other charcoal grills, too - and I absolutely love it. I have a small balcony right outside of my apartment and it's super easy to bring it out when the weather is nice and grill, and it's also super easy to bring it right inside the door when it's raining or snowing (I live in Michigan so the weather is out of control and I didn't want my grill getting worn out just because of the weather). Overall, I definitely recommend to people who live in small spaces or people who are worried about weather ruining their grill. This works great and it's a cheap but quality grill!

Versatility
It's small, so there's not that much you can do on this grill, but it's big enough to grill singe or double servings at a single time.

I bring this inside when the weather is not good because I'm nervous that this grill isn't that durable, but I haven't had any issues with it - I do recommend sheltering it a little, as it is portable so it's not that hard to bring it inside.

• Versatility:

Smell, but a classic good portable grill

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

It sounds kind of weird, but we have a portable grill that we bring to football games, one we keep home, and one we take camping. I prefer to have a charcoal grill when we are camping so my kids can see how we did it when I was little and used a charcoal grill when I camped. We had one that was not very good at all that I ended up giving to my sister. So when I went shopping for one, I seen the weber smokey joe silver portable charcoal grill it looked like what I needed. It was a little small, but it is only used for four people so it worked out. We went camping and tried it out and we were all very satisfied. It's very durable, not too heavy, and cooks all kinds of food very well. It's simple to use which makes it even easier when you're camping, I absolutely think this is one of the best portable charcoal grills I've ever used. Great brand and great product, I would definitely recommend.

Nice small charcoal grill

Comments about Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill:

This Weber Smokey Joe Silver Portable Charcoal Grill is a nice small sized grill which is on one hand very easy to carry to camps or outdoor picnic and on the other hand very handy to use and store. If one doesn't have much problem with charcoal then there is no drawback in this grill. It is also not very heavily priced so fits into the budget.

Best for small group outings. Very easy to use, easier to clean and much easier to store it when not in use. If one goes for camping very frequently with bigger groups then this one may not serve the purpose.

Versatility
Very dynamic to use and results are also upto the mark. In this price range I would highly recommend this.

Quite easy to use.

The small makes it very easy to clean. So far it has not caught any rust and it still shines

Very durable vs. the high end counter parts.

Its sleek design makes it pretty cute little grill which is not at all s pain to carry anywhere you are going for outings or even at your backyards