Other Grills:
Portable Grills, Propane Grills
Weber

• Versatility:

My Weber grill is a camping necessity!

The Weber Gas Go-Anywhere Grill is a great all-around grill for a moderate amount of grilling on the go. Assembly is fairly simple, and I love how the legs double as a lock for the lid when the grill is in storage. Attaching a propane tank to the connector is easy enough, and I think the push-button start is convenient. I don't have to carry matches or lighters around. There is a window through the grease-catcher inside, just big enough so that you can see the flames, and adjust the height. The range of flame height is quite sufficient for grilling most things. I have found that steaks or anything requiring a higher temperature do much better if you can keep the lid on, and especially better if there is no wind. So perhaps the high setting could be improved. On the other hand, I managed to bake muffins inside the grill, with the lid on, and the temperature kept low. I had an oven thermometer, and was able to manually adjust the flame to keep the muffins baking just right. They came out perfect. Therefore, I think the heat distribution inside the grill is very even. Cleanup is a breeze, I just cook the grill on high for a while when it is empty, and later remove the ashes. I would recommend this grill to friends that need a grill for doing small meals and snacks.

We had one and experienced an explosion

Ironically, we liked this grill. It's wonderful size for the porch or patio table. We called it our "coffee table grill." Its CUTE unlike many small grills and, what else can you say, the food turned out lovely. Here are the CONS (they are biggies): we had some trouble with the ignition. It would fail, the gas would then build up over the period of seconds, and then when you do press the button again, and it "works" : POOF! goodbye arm-hair. Sometimes you don't KNOW it hasn't worked until you press it several times and hear it. Its actually quite scary to do. We had 3 mini explosions before finally "retiring" it. The other CON is that cooking chicken is A MESS. Especially with the skin on (which makes better chicken, and more nutritious if using free-range birds) the drippings would pool, catch fire, and then char the chicken. You had to keep the lid on our it could get out of hand, which then made it difficult to turn the chicken. It became a kind of fire hazard. We were glad to throw it out. It served us well for a while, in spite of everything. Small grills are extraordinarily useful. I just wish it wasn't so... scary.

From a grilling standpoint: excellent. the food turns out great (with the exception of chicken with skin-on)
From a user-standpoint: POOR. We had some ignition problems (see description).

Versatility
For a little grill it works well for any grilling... with the exception of pizza, large slabs or whole animals, or "extra fatty" birds which tend to cause small fires from the excess fat in the bottom of the small grill.

Using this is rather scary. If it doesn't light right away, BEWARE. Otherwise it IS easy to use. Heat is easily adjusted to your desired intensity. any beginning griller could use it... just beware of the propane.

Typical of grills, this gets messy very quickly. You'll need specialty cleaners to get it clean. For a GAS grill, it might be a little easier than full size rigs. Its smallness makes the job easier to tackle. It would be advisable to stay away from chicken with lots of fat on (sadly). Those make the biggest messes.

Lasted a good while. The lighter/ignition part was bad, but that could probably be replaced... The body itself is well made. It would have probably served longer had it not been for that.

The handles get hot (so fireproof gloves are handy), and its a good design... good size. It could probably use a better ignition button/system. At least that was our experience...

I would purchase this again.

from Drakesboro, Ky

About Me Master Griller

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
  • Cooks Efficiently
  • Portable

Cons

• Small Grilling Surface

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

This is truly a go anywhere portable grill. The compact size of this grill makes it easy to bring along to any picnic. The grill surface is just big enough to feed a small family.

The grill is very durable and dependable. It doesn't use much propane which makes it cheap to operate. With very little care and maintenance it has lasted many years. This grill has paid for itself over and over again.

I have had three of these grills over the past 35 years

from Oceanside, CA

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
  • Portable

Cons

• Takes Long To Light

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

I've had three of these grills in the past 30 years. The first two were great; I basically wore them out. The last one I bought sucks. The regulator was never sensitive; it was either too cool or too hot. Now it won't heat up, and It's only three years old. I guess it's typical of everything; the quality has gone away although the price goes up.

Great For Camping

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

While on a camping trip one weekend, we realized that we had no way of cooking. I ran down to a local hardware store to see what I could find. While shopping and comparing the different grills, I noticed a sale on the Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill. After comparing the Weber with a few of the others, I did decide to buy it. I like that the grill is small enough that it doesn't take up a whole lot of space but it is still big enough to grill a family sized meal. The grill was really easy to assemble and use. It uses a small propane tank which is easily found at any department or grocery store. Clean up on this grill is really easy. I just wet it down and wipe it over and I'm done. Food hasn't stuck on it, so scrubbing hasn't been an issue. This is a smaller grill but does just as much as any full size. I was more than happy with the purchase of this grill and would most definitely recommend it to everyone.

Really like this product

from Columbus GA

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

I have previously and in the past purchased this Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill and have found that I really do like it very much. This is such a convenient grill. First of all the first thing I like about this grill is the price. It was very reasonably priced compared to some others just like it. The second thing is that it is portable and was very easy for me to carry along on camping trips. It is very small but it is propane so you dont have to worry about messy charcoal. Another good thing about this portable Weber grill is that it is very easy to clean. I found it easier than a lot of other grills I have used. The next good thing about this grill is that it cooks food evenly and good. All you need is one portable tank of propane and it will last for a whole camping trip. I would certainly recommend this Weber Go Anywhere Portable Propane Grill to all of my friends and family.

Good for Weeknight Grilling

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

I've never been particularly big on propane grills since I'm always worried about their safety but I purchased this on clearance at the end of the season one year and it proved to be a surprisingly effective grill.

This is a very small grill and can do probably two steaks or maybe three or four hamburgers at a time. Hot dogs are easier since you can line them up to maximize the space. Chicken is a bit more of a challenge and it is tough to squeeze two good sized boneless breasts on there at a time.

It's super simple to use though and you can use it during any season since you just need to find a flat spot outside and you just turn it on. There's no waiting on charcoal to warm up or anything so it's great for weeknight grilling.

I'm not particularly fond of the way the propane canister sticks out and I'm always afraid I'm going to catch it on something but I never have.

This is not a particularly well made item and I wouldn't expect it to last more than a couple years at most but it's relatively inexpensive to replace and the convenience is worth the trouble of having to replace it fairly often.

• Versatility:

I really like the charcoal taste better

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

My most recent experience with Weber Go Anywhere Propane Grill was one I don't believe I will ever forget. We go on several time share vacations each year and we decided to go to a camp resort and use a to go grill. I am so glad that this grill was so amazingly easy to handle and carry.One thing you should know - in case you don't already is that they don't come with the mini tank included. However, the greatest thing about this grill is that the grill legs can be turned upward and lock in place to be used as easy carry handles - which at the same time locks the lid in position as well. The propane tank was extremely simple with a one touch operation. It had some sort of flavor saver or infuser - we didn't end up utilizing it though because the whole propane grill experience was quite new to me. It had a good amount of cooking space and we used aluminum foil on the grid rack for cooking, it was all we really needed for a mess free start. It was quite durable and had a really nice shine to it. It was much more easy to use than a charcoal grill but, I kind of missed the flame broiled signature taste that charcoal grills are known for. Overall, it was a convenient buy and we ended up enjoying the time we had with it.

Not the best.

from Kansas

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

Living in an apartment I need a small portable grill if I ever want to cook out. The Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill is the first one I tried. I regret the purchase because there were more negative aspects about it than positive ones.

This is not a cheap grill. I expected it to be better than it was due to the price. It is small and can easily be stored, which is great. It heats up quickly and evenly. That is where the positive aspects end with this grill. I had a major issue with it flaming up when we would use it. When meat would drip fat off it, it would flame up. It's not pleasant having flames in your face. Cleaning the grill is a nightmare. It's just such a hassle. To solve the flaming and cleaning issues we started covering the grill area in tin foil. It was annoying having to do that every time before using it. The little propane canister on the side of the grill is somewhat awkwardly placed and would get in the way.

I do not recommend this grill. You may lose your eyebrows and spend an hour trying to clean the thing.

Weber Portable Propane Grill

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

Very nice for going on picnics or to the beach. Very light and takes up a minimal amount of space.

It's not the most efficient grill out there. Considering it's size, it works fine.

Versatility
It's great for burgers, steaks, chicken, even corn on the cob and key-bobs but due to it's small compact size you can really only grill for a maximum of three people at one time.

This is very easy to use. Simply attach the propane tank on, turn on the gas, light the jet and you're good to go.

it's actually very easy to clean. The grill itself can be taken out along with the splatter flange and washed in the sink. Even the tough burned on stuff can be taken off with relative ease.

I have to say that I've had this for some time now and it's held up remarkably well. There is a bit of fading due to the age and being in the sun a lot but overall, I think it's in great shape considering. I've been using this for a year now every week and it's still in great condition. I have to say it was well worth the money.

There is nothing special about the design but it's nice the legs fold out to make it easier to move around and transport.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

I was very excited to purchase this grill when I found it on sale. It looked like everything I was looking for in a portable grill. The grill took a lot of assembling on my part. The handle had to be put on, the legs, even the insides had to be assembled and put in place. If a person is not mechanically inclined and understands how to assemble something when there is gas involved, they are better off NOT buying this grill. I found the legs to be somewhat flimsy. The unit wobbled when I was turning food. The handles on the sides did stay cool when cooking. The handles appeared to be strong enough to lift the grill to move it. I found the installation of the gas control unit challenging. I was uncomfortable to discover the can of bottled gas actually sat real close to the grill itself. I was worried the heat from the grill would cause the can to explode. You do have to be careful when screwing the can onto the gas control device. I later found there was an adapter unit that you can buy that can be used with a larger propane tank that sits on the ground which would eliminate the fear of the tank being too close to the fire.

Good Portable Grill

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Propane Grill:

This is a great grill to take with you to picnics, beach outings, outdoor concerts, etc... It's not too heavy and is very easy to use. Assembly, if any, is very minimal and is pretty safe as well. I use my grill quite often and I would recommend it to anyone!

I have no complaints on the performance of this grill. You can adjust how much heat/fire you want to cook with, similar to a stove. So if you can cook with higher temps for meats and lower temps for vegetables.

Versatility
There isn't much versatility as it's a small portable tabletop grill. You would use this mostly for small meals you're grilling while out. If you're hosting a larger gathering I'd recommend investing in a larger grill. This grill is great for smaller meals though.

This is an extremely easy grill to use. You simply screw on your propane tank, which is quite inexpensive, turn the grill on and push the red lighter button and viola! Fire! I would recommend not standing too close to the grill when turning out on though. Once it lights, the fire may shoot up and you don't want to burn your face.

Simply grill to clean. I take aluminum foil and rub it over the grill rack as soon as I'm done cooking and any residue from the food comes right off. You can easily take the inside apart if you'd like to get rid of any food that may fall beneath the rack while cooking.

I've had my grill for the last 4yrs and it still works as well as it did the day I bought it. I use it quite a bit (at least 10 times a year) and it's not given me any problems!

The design is as simple as it gets. The legs fold over secure the grill top to the base for easy and secure carry.