Other Grills:
Gas Grills, Portable Grills
Char-Broil

Char-Broil 465133003 Grill

**We are avid grillers in our home and love the outdoors and outdoor cooking. I bought the**

**Char-Broil 465133003 Grill **

**for my husband for a...Read complete review

**Char-Broil 465133003 Grill **

**for my husband for a weekend getaway trip to the beach. He wanted a small grill to be able to carry around and light enough to carry. This one was perfect for that. It was also big enough for us to cook plenty of large hamburgers and hotdogs. It came clean so easy and was perfect to fit in a carry bag to go right back inside the back of the SUV. He was so happy with it. After his buddies saw him cooming on it they all had to have one. Now everyone of the guys on the block will have one. Its perfect! **

Great for Camping if you can get it lit

This is an indoor grill, and I've read other reviews from people who have used it in indoors. However, we have used this on camping trips and days out at the lake on the boat. I imagine that when we live in a city with a football stadium again we will also be using it for tailgating. Who knows when that will be but I imagine this grill will last that long. It does what it is intended to do and for the right price for the product that you get. I have called Char Broil customer service a few times, once upon assembly and once with a parts issue, and both times I've had a pleasant experience although replacement parts are covered they can be quite expensive to ship, one was almost half of what the grill cost. This grill is doing well for what I expected it to do for the purposes we needed it for. It is not an everyday use grill, it is not meant to cook a lot of meat at once, and it certainly is not meant for roasting. However, if you intend to buy this grill for what I've mentioned or weekend cookouts and other things of that nature then is a good inexpensive grill that will do exactly what you need it to. If you're expecting more than that you will be disappointed and you should go with a different (or larger) grill. We discovered through trail and error that unlike regular size grills this one has its "hot spots" so to speak because our food would cook unevenly. Finally someone came up with the brilliant idea of taking cheap hot dogs and placing them at different sections and corners of the grill to find our ideal cooking spot. This worked like a charm and we found ours burns (or heats up quickest and most effectively) closer to the opening of the grill and not so much toward the back.

My biggest complaint about the grill, and from what I read of others reviews as well before purchasing the grill, is how it has to be lit and how the gas builds up. The lighting takes some getting used to and with time you get better at it. This grill needs to be lit from the bottom, and we used to do so with a match but have since started using a small butane torch as it was easier and seemed safer, even used that same torch to cook hot dogs while waiting for the grill to warm up. However, once we went to light it and it didn't catch but the gas had build up so much inside that when we were able to get it lit on the second try it surprised us with a nice little blow torch sound and them umph - a small explosion that I was sure would deem the grill unusable. My dear husband later informed me that the blow torch sound was from the flames flowing down into the tubes that apparently carry the gas to the burners. It wasn't that big of a deal though because our boys love that sound for some reason. I think that if Char Broil were to come out with another model and redesign it with an opening in the back or on the side it would be a lot better and much more well received product to the masses that intent to use it. Additionally, if you're using this indoor grill outdoors like we do try as much as possible to get it out of the way of wind hitting it if you can. It does not hold up to wind at all, and will continue to go out and require re lighting. Not exactly something you want to have to do with chicken breasts or other similar meat cooking on it. Other than those issues it works well for the price and the duration in which it lasts. It packs up nicely and fits in well with the rest of the camping gear, and is compact enough to take in the truck for tailgating or to the lake for the day. Next time I will probably buy a different one, or tell my husband to get a different one since this is his realm, simply because grilling is a passion of ours and we love trying out new products when they become available.

Great for outdoor events

from TX

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Easy To Cleanup
  • Easy To Use
  • Even Heat
  • Short Grill Time

Cons

• Not The Taste Of Charcoal

• For Self/Couple
  • Indirect Cooking
  • Portable Use
  • Small Gatherings

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

My father recently brought this to a family camping trip over the weekend and I was thoroughly impressed with the taste of the food and ease to use. I've never used this product before so it took a little tutorial to get the hang of (I would definitely recommend following the directions exactly). The hamburgers and steaks came out perfectly cooked and even throughout. My only complaint is that you do not get the same taste as you would from a charcoal grill, but overall this is a good product. We were able to simply place on top of a picnic table and serve right off the grill. It is a great product to have for outdoor events in case of bad weather because it is as convenient and portable as any other grill I've seen. I plan to buy one before next summer and I would recommend to others. It took less than ten minutes for clean up and it can easily be stored under the seat in my car. My absolute favorite thing about this grill is that there is no prep time need as required in charcoal grills. This grill heats up quickly and is ready to use in no time. Great product.

A Little Grill But Great Results

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Even Heat

Cons

• Not The Taste Of Charcoal

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

Tabletop grills are often treated roughly, used for one season and pitched. They are great if you only camp a couple times a year or need something for a couple of burgers and hotdogs. It can be used on a picnic table but the legs that are attached to it aren't the sturdiest so avoid trying to grill large pieces of meat or fish.

If you can find this without the propane can at the end of the summer you can pack it away for use next year. I like that the cans can be used for other things and have a universal valve. You are going to want to have oven mitts or oven gloves to open and close this. After the first use I attached a handle with some steel discs behind it to keep it from getting too hot.

The handle on the side of the grill makes it easy to carry but you aren't going to want to use this to move it or reposition while you are grilling or it is still hot. To clean the outside of it use a spray on cleaner; the inside grill face can be removed to soak or scrub it. I don't consider this something that's disposable or a one-time-use grill but if I take one of these camping for more than a week chances are I will pass it on to someone else that's camping.

Good for camping.

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

We originally bought this grill for a camping trip as a backup to using the campfire. I knew it was small when I bought it but at the same time I really didn't think I would be using it for more than putting a pan on it to heat up backed beans or making scrambled eggs for breakfast. It ended up raining most of the weekend so all of my cooking ended up being done on this little grill. It held up to well considering that I was cooking for eight people and I couldn't cook much at a time. On the second day I sent my husband to town to get a second one so I could cook everything at the same time. We do not go camping now without both of these small grills.

Worked great for hot dogs, toast and coffee. Everything else that was cooked on it was in a pan and that also turned out great!

It met our needs!

This grill is probably the easiest grill to clean that we have ever owned.

Has held up very well. We will definitely be buying more.

• Versatility:

Easy grilling without the charcoal mess

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

If you want an easy to use grill without the mess or hassle of charcoal, this is a great small grill for cooking for one, two, or a few people. The Charbroil Tabletop Gas Grill is a small grill designed for use with propane tanks. It is easy to light and cook with. Cleanup is easy, especially since you aren't using charcoal. Most of the time I prefer to cook with charcoal, but when I want too cook without the mess or hassle of waiting for the charcoal to be ready, I always use this gas grill. It is really convenient if you're cooking for yourself or only a few people. This is a great grill for traveling.

This gas grill works very easily and is great for cooking all sorts of food.

Some assembly was required when I bought mine, but I had it together in less than 30 minutes.

This is the best option if you are only grilling a few pieces of meat and potatoes or vegetables. I feel that the design allows for equal cooking no matter where the pieces of food are sitting on the rack.

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

We purchased one of these little tabletop grills a few years ago at Wal-Mart for our camping trips. It is an okay grill for the money, but not my first choice for grills. It has flame-ups that burn the food before it is done cooking so the food is usually very charred on the outside and raw on the inside.

This grill works good, but the flame-ups are bad. The food is very charred on the outside and usually not done enough on the inside.

Versatility
This little grill if perfect for camping and tailgating. It is light enough for one person to carry yet big enough to grill for a family.

This little grill is very easy to use. Just attach a can of propane and start the grill.

This little grill is easy to clean. It is important to clean as much of the grease as possible since it is usually transported in the back of the vehicle.

We had this grill for a few camping seasons. It held up ok for the money, but didn't last as long as we expected it to.

The design is simple and very easy to use.

Pretty Useful Little Grill

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

I used one these guys when I was still living in an apartment. I couldn't have a big grill on my balcony, so I opted for something a little more compact. For what it is, this grill does the job well. It runs on gas, and will grill nearly anything you can throw at it rather quickly. During my days of using it, I grilled steaks, fish, and chicken. All three came out well, and weren't overly or under cooked. The only real drawbacks to this little guy is that there isn't a whole lot of space on the grill. If you have more than a couple of people over, it might not be worth your time and effort to use this. The other drawback, is that it can be a paint to clean; but that's the story with any grill out there. I don't live in my apartment anymore, but I still occasionally will whip this guy out for camping trips. Overall a good product.

It does what it's supposed to do. It grills meat, and does a great job at it.

Versatility
It's a very versatile product.

Super easy to use. Kick on the gas, let it heat up, and cook your meat. Very little options to toy with.

All grills suffer from clean up. It's probably the worst part of owning a grill.

I've used this grill several times, and it is showing no signs of wearing down.

I really like this design. It's compact. Great for apartment use, small living spaces, or on the go/camping.

Nice Camping Grill

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

I have used this portable table top propane grill for many years when my family and I go camping. We have a family of three children and two adults that enjoy grilling out. The portable propane tank connection is ideally located and the leg supports also provide ideal connection over the lid for safe transportation. The durability of this grill is excellent and does provide an excellent portable grill.

The propane feed connection has excellent propane distribution control and is ideally located on the side when in usage.

Versatility
I love the portability of this grill. The small design is great for travel but is ideally sized for tailgating or camping cooking. The legs provide great locking onto the cover when not in use.

This is very easy to use. The only issue that I have is when trying to light the burner, however a long lighter is the best way.

All parts of the grill are easy to disassemble from each other for easy cleaning.

My grill has lasted me numerous years of tailgating and camping with family.

Do not let the small size of the grill confuse you, the grill surface is more that adequate for any grilling needs. The flip over legs provide excellent attachment to the cover for easy transport.

• Versatility:

Great product for camping or tailgating.

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

Small, compact portable grill that cooks food well. It is a great product to take camping. The ease of use and the fact that you can pick up those little propane cylinders at hundreds of places makes this a must have for a camping or fishing trip. I give it an A++.

• Versatility:

Its very easy to use and clean.

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

Its not that hard to move around. If you love to grill then a gas grill is great for you. It has a more permanent long time lasting. So you won't have to do a whole lot of cleaning with it, and its very easy to set up.

The performance level of this grill is extraordinary. The way it cooks the meat is fabulous. You know when its done when you hear the sizzling of the meat or whatever else you are grilling slow down. Its just astonishing how fast and easy a gas grill cam be set up and cleaned.

Versatility
It has many uses . For one you can grill more than 10 items all at once. There's plenty of room for meat and vegetables. If you're doing a cook out this would be perfect for you to use and to show your grilling skills off to your friends.

If you something easy and simple then this is the grill for you. You have to build it up , but most of the compartments are already built for you. The directions are very easy to read and follow.

My Char Broil grill is so easy to set up and use. Folds up quick

Comments about Char-Broil Tabletop Gas Grill:

My Char Broil grill is perfect for taking to tailgating events and family picnics. It's easy to clean and folds easily for transport.

My Char Broil grill is just right for grilling hot dogs, hamburgers and sausages away from home. Wherever we go, It's large enough and gets hot enough to get the party rolling fast.

Versatility
Set up, clean up and using is easy. After your finish wipe it down, fold it up and it's ready for the next time. The storage bag is strong enough to handle the grill while it's in the cars' truck during transport.

We use it even at home for small events too because it's so easy to set up. It heats up fast and cooks the food evenly. Any crumbs that fall through are easily shaken out.

We wipe it down before the grill cools off and fold it up for the next time

It's stable on the tabletop because of its good construction. It doesn't move while you flip your burgers

It's designed to stay stable and not wobble on the picnic table