Other Flat Screen TVs:
Vizio

Pros

Cons

Love this tv

I remember when these tv's first started coming out and how I always wanted one. I finally broke down and bought this Vizio 37 inch LCD HDTV for my bedroom. I was super excited and could not wait to get it home. It was super easy to hook up and to connect to my cable box and DVD player. The picture on the tv is perfect. It is super clear and crisp. The colors are bright and makes anything you are watching look better. Sometimes I joke that the screen is too clear because when watching the news you can see everyone's skin flaws, whereas on our old tv you could not. The sound on this tv is great too. I usually keep the volume between 15 and 18 and it is plenty loud. I have had this tv for over six years now and it is still in perfect condition. The screen still looks just as clear and bright as when I first bought it and the sound it just as good too. Now days you can get these tv's for a very reasonable price, especially around the holidays.

After three months I can watch TV but not happy with Vizio.

Well after a month I got another Vizio VO370M 37.02 LCD HDTV thinking I was going to be happy however when I hooked the TV up to the cable and turned it on nothing happened. I unplugged it for 30 minutes per tech support and then plugged it in to set up the channels. After going through the setup mode the TV turned off and never came back on so once again I was stuck with a new TV I could not watch. After talking with someone who was supposed to be a manager I was told to repack the TV and they would send out a third TV and pick up the second VO370M. About a month and a half later I finally got a call returned asking if I would accept a different model supposedly the newer replacement for the VO370M and hearing how much of a better TV the new one was I said yes not realizing it was a cheaper model at the time as the slick salesmen stated it was the new replacement for the VO370. I have had it for just over a month and can tell you it is not as good as the VO370M was supposed to be. The E371VA is supposed to be a 120 HZ TV with a much better picture and 4 HDMI connections but if you plan to change from an HDMI device you better turn the sound down as it will blow you out of the chair because of the poor quality sound through the HDMI ports you have to turn up to 40+ to hear what you are watching. When a commericial comes on some static sound in the background and when the show continues the sound is completely gone so you have to hit the last buttom twice to get the sound back after missing some of the show. If you watch regular cable you can hear everything fine at a sound level of two or three. The so called brightness of the picture is really lacking unless you leave the picture setting to the retail setting. Hopefully after all the trouble I have had with Vizio I have learned my lesson and will save up the money to purchase a decent HDTV I can depend on and will not deal with Vizio in the future. The only Vizio and I will do any further business is for them to bring a premnium model to my house and take this piece of junk with them. I will never believe another story about how great Vizio is again nor will I purchase any more of their products.

from TN

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Clear Audio
  • Clear Picture
  • Durable
  • Easy Controls
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Energy Efficient

I love this tv!

from TN

Vizio LCD HDTV

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

Wonderful, long lasting, HDTV.

Picture Quality
    Very clear and HD is true.

Sound Quality
    Hooked up to surround speakers at one time, but now it's even better that it's not in a room with a lot of space.

Have had it for awhile at least 5 years now, and has outlasted longer than I thought it would.

Sleakish in design to fit with my decor.

Durable and long lasting.

Great Quality

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

I received this TV as a gift and I absolutely love it. It had full HD and many inputs for all of your devices. Vizio products come with superb quality; with quality comes a price.

Picture Quality
    The picture is very crisp. This television comes packed with full HD.

The television looks great with all furniture types. It could use a more sleek, thin design.

You cannot go wrong with the purchase of a Vizio TV. This product will live up to all of your expectations. It's great for watching action packed sports, or you favorite soap operas.

Great television!

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

Great product for the price! Clear picture; great for movies played through DVD players or HDMI. Durable as it has lasted through 5 moves. Internal system has a long-life as I have accidentally left it on for countless hours when gone from the house and yet after 5 years the picture is as crisp as the first day. Only criticism is the remote which is fragile and lacks common options like "sleep." Product comes with several different picture options which are ideal to adjust when changing between viewing sports, movies, news, etc. The television also has a SAP option which is ideal for Spanish-speaking homes. Also includes a USB port which has been helpful when wanting to present slideshows of recent trips to families or friends. An additional negative is that the back panel (where HDMI, USB, and DVD cables are connected) is difficult to reach after the television is installed- typically I have to unplug it and take it down to ensure I install cords in the proper location.

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

We purchased this TV over a year ago. I can say that we have had no complaints about the quality of the picture, it's easy to use and navigate, the back stays cool even when it's been on half of the day or more. I would recommend this product to friends and family. I am very happy with the quality and value for the price we paid. I can't remember what we paid, but I can say it was energy efficient when the other one we considered was not. Plus it was the cheaper of the two. I'm glad we went with Vizio , at the time of purchase I had not heard of them before.

Pretty good!

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

For a television i would have to say it is a pretty good television but as far as the picture quality goes its not the sharpest ive seen. The colors are kind of dark and hard to make out some of the things that are going on in the screen. as far as the sound quality is, it is alright i mean its not the best but it is also not the worst. once you spend about a good 25 minutes working on the sound controls you will get a great sound out of your television. The remote is nice.The television is a little heavier then i would like but it is still a television.I have never had one issue with my television. It has never had a picture tube go out or anything of that nature. It is extremely durable which is surprising to me to say the least because i have had a few other televisions by the same company and had terribly made televisions.i would recommend this product to my family as well as give it as a gift to a family member or friend that needed a pretty good television but didn't want to spend a fortune on a newer smart television.

great!

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

Works great! Sharp picture, great quality. Love watching movies and streaming netflix with this television. Volume quality is amazing and doesn't matter if it is low or high the quality of sound is always the same, never crackling or difficult to understand.

It also works great for game consoles like the wii--picture is always sharp and clear and easy to see. The size of the 37" screen is the best for home use I think, It doesn't take up too much room and is still clear to view across the room.

I've had this television for over a year now and had no problems with it whatsoever. The only aspect I would change is more HDMI ports or being able to hook up more consoles (ie cable, wii, Play Station 3, DVD etc) without having to mess with the back of the television much. It worries me that it will become loose in there and be more difficult to change out. It hasn't so far though.

It's pretty easy to set up and easy to move if needed. Switching from the larger box television to this was a great decision for us!

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

We went from an old box tv to this new flat screen that was given to us as a gift. Wow what a good difference!! The size for one is fun. It has great sound, the color and vibrancy are wonderful!! We have seen other tvs this size that were grainy and almost blurry. We do not have this at all. It is a delight to watch tv and dvds. We are so glad for this tv.

Picture Quality
    The picture is crisp and vibrant. It is a clear picture and we never have anything but clear.

Sound Quality
    The sound is great!! We don't even need surround sound because the sound is so good.

So far it has been a durable tv. We are planning that will continue for the life of the tv.

We like the design of the tv. I wouldn't change anything about the design.

This tv has had great performance. We have not had any issues with this tv. It is nice to have a reliable, nice looking and sounding tv. This tv is consistent. Whenever we turn it on, it responds the same every single time.

• Sound Quality:

Sharp picture and good sound make this a good television option

Comments about Vizio - 37" LCD HDTV:

A 37-inch television is big enough to entertain a family, yet small enough that you won't be able to dissect every imperfection in a picture. But the Vizio does a great job of rendering bright colors and a sharp picture quality with a healthy sound.

Picture Quality
    Very nice picture quality. If you're looking for imperfections you can probably find them with any product, but if you're sitting down to watch your favorite television show or movie, you won't be disappointed.

Sound Quality
    Sound quality is very good. Even without hooking it up to a separate sound system, it fills the room and is clear.

No durability issues found. Haven't seen any issues with the screen and no problem with the television itself or the remote.

Design seems fine. Not ground-breaking but not ugly or impractical.

It's a good television and an be your main viewing option in a living room, or a large bedroom television. It's a good piece of equipment.