Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung 46 in. LCD TV

Pros

Cons

• Sound Quality:

Wouldn't trade this Samsung tv for any other!

This **Samsung LN46D630 46" LCD TV** is absolutely perfect. This is the first flat screen television we've had because we are the *last* people to upgrade to new technology. I knew I wanted a Samsung and knew I wanted a 46-inch screen and this is the one we took home!

Picture Quality
Going from a traditional, non-flat screen tv to this was surreal. The picture is so crystal clear, movies and tv shows often look fake. Actors look like they're standing right in our living room and cartoons look even weirder! My absolute favorite thing to watch on this tv is football! The game is so much more fun to watch when you can see it how it's supposed to be seen - in HDTV on a big, huge, clear screen! The picture quality is absolutely perfect!

Sound Quality
I think the only qualm I have with this TV is that it doesn't seem like it's as loud as it should be. The volume control goes from 0-100 and you would think it would be ear-blasting at 40, but depending on the show/movie, it isn't. I find myself using our entertainment speakers when I watch tv because I want it louder. In regard to sound quality, it's great. Things sound nice and clear...just not as loud as I'd like.

We didn't want to put our tv on a wall, we wanted to put it on our tv stand, and this looks perfect there. There are "invisible" buttons on the front of the frame on the bottom that you can't see unless you get up really close. I like that they're on the front and not on the side like a lot of flat screen tvs. Sometimes you have to push a button more than once, but it's not a big deal because I rarely use the buttons on the TV, I usually use my remote control.

Would never buy another Samsung Tv

I was very disappointed when the tv stopped working about having it for only a year and a half. What irritated me more was that I found out that there was a class action lawsuit on this tv for the very same problem I was having except that the date you would have had to purchase the tv to qualify was before I bought mine. You would think this would mean that the problem was fixed on tvs purchased after that date but that is not the case. Apparently the problem is very well known among tv repair guys as they knew exactly what I was talking about when I explained my problem...The tv would make clicking sounds when you turned it on and it would take a while to stop clicking and turn on until one day it doesn't turn on at all. The repair on it was very expensive and in the range of do you replace and hope nothing else goes wrong or buy a new tv for a little more. Samsung, of course, would do nothing about the problem.

Great Television

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

This is a really good television. I love the Samsung brand, as do my children. They have really evolved and become a reputable brand. We have a couple of these televisions in our 2 children's rooms and they are very happy with them. As they put it very often, "this television rocks". The televisions are mainly used when they are watching movies and playing video games. This is a really good television for the money, as they are not outrageously expensive at all.

Picture Quality
Great picture, no matter what component you are using. I enjoy watching the graphics when my children are playing video games on it. Very clear and concise picture.

Sound Quality
Crystal clear sound quality all the time. I can have it on low and can still clearly hear what is being said

We have had Samsung televisions for a couple of years now and it is still holding strong. it still works like brand new.

Sleek design, fits with any decor

Great performance, works if you are using dvd player, video console, or streaming movies.

Good TV.

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

We bought this TV at a Black Friday sale and we love it! The 46" size is great for movies, sports and everything else; no distorted pictures.

Picture Quality
The picture quality is great! No orangey reds or yellows and it is sharp; especially for an LCD.

Sound Quality
The tv definitely does not get loud enough, and even after we never took the volume over 40 (out of 50 or so) we had to have the speakers replaced. Thankfully it was still under warranty however we shouldn't have this problem with modern technology.

It has survived out cats, dog, open windows and moving, without any scratches, cracks or issues. The housing and stand are sturdy.

I like that it will play pictures via a USB device, but video would have really been nice. My fault for not buying one with that feature, just figured if you have one you would have the other.

Not really sure how to judge the "performance" of a television other than the fact that it works well and has not had any glitches beyond the speakers.

What a great TV

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

I have had this TV for over two years and I still love it. The picture is awesome and the sound quality is not bad. I have a sound bar to enhance it, but it was just fine even before that. I think if one of my relatives asked me what kind of TV to buy, I would definitely recommend a Samsung.

Picture Quality
The picture is great, in my opinion. The 1080p makes it clearer than my old 720i and the 120hz gives it a little extra refinement over the ordinary 60hz. I am always positively impressed by my Samsung TV.

Sound Quality
The native sound quality doesn't boom or knock your socks off, but it does give a fair rendering of the sound. If you don't want to invest in a sound system, you could definitely get away with the native speaker set.

In day to day use, it is a real trooper. I have never had to take it into the shop.

The design is great. It has all of the connections I will ever need. The stand is very durable and looks like it was built to last.

Quality TV

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

This is a very quality tv. It has nice picture and just looks good and new. My only problem is it makes a loud noise when turning off. I don't know if this option can be disabled. The sound is a little too low for me, but it can be turned up. The remote is nice and can be learned easily. It has an HDMI connection that a labtop can be hooked up to, which is very nice. It is a great tv and is excellent for movie watching. I have had this tv since Christmas and it has impressed me. It was my first own HD Tv. Samsung is really great in the tv market and should not be overlooked. I have watched a couple movies on this tv and wow, the picture quality is nice. Maybe I am used to watching standard television but I am impressed. I have the 39in model and it fits great in the home. It is very slim and sleek looking. It was a bit of a struggle getting the tv attached to the stand it comes with. I would recommend using a table and have a friend to help you. You will also need a screwdriver to screw in the screws. 9/10 would recommend to anyone.

Great at first....

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

This was our first flat screen tv. I loved it at first. It has a great picture, sound was awesome, everything about it was fantastic. After having it for two years, the picture is still great, and the sound is good, but it takes to long to turn on. Not sure what happened but when you hit the power button it makes a noise and after three to five minutes it finally turns on. Other than that it is a great tv!

love my Samsung 46"

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

My first flat screen I've had it for a year and wouldn't trade it in a million its got amazing picture quality and definition not to mention awesome sound.

I've got two kids 6 and 8 not to mention a two year old nephew terror on wheels a T.V.'s worst nightmare and its still good as new, so yeah awesome durability.

Great living room tv

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

This Samsung line of TV's is great. I have the smaller one in the bedroom and this one in the living room and it performs great. The quality is stunning even for an LCD tv. The sound is decent but I really suggest you use a home theater system. I've played xbox games and blu rays and it really does look great. It has plenty of inputs so i'm able to connect all my devices at once. It also has a usb port if you'd like to play movies or pictures off a usb drive. Overall, I recommend this tv to anyone looking for a living room tv.

Picture Quality
Great quality. Blu rays look beautiful on this set. Gaming works great and there's no input lag.

Sound Quality
The quality is what you would expect from normal tv speakers. Nothing special but it gets the job done.

I've had this tv for a few years and it's still going strong. Samsung knows how to make quality tv's.

Since this tv is a few years old, its not as thin as newer tv's. For me, that's not a problem but it might be for some.

• Sound Quality:

Amazing picture for affordable price.

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

I was given this tv as a gift and it has exceptional picture quality, as well as other features such as plugin usb, media player, hdmi etc. I use this tv mainly to watch dvd's along with the samsung surround sound system. The settings on the tv for picture and sound is perfect. The easy to use features and plug & play of this system makes it an excellent electronic. I couldn't have ask for a better gift. Before I got this samsung tv I didn't use to watch tv at all, but ever since it became a part of my home I've been watching more movies than ever. The clear and solid picture gets you stuck and don't even want to take your eyes off of it. The best part about it is the hdmi hook up, its the most crisp picture and the sound sound like it is amplied way more than the regular sound. I mean I don't know what else to say, its the perfect buy especially if you have the dvd surround or blu ray player. I recommend this LED to anyone looking to purchase one of the best on the market

• Sound Quality:

Great TV and looks good too!

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

Love this TV and have gotten many compliments on it's picture and sound quality. Good for watching movies, sports and all types of shows. Looks sharp in my living room and haven't had a problem with it!

Picture Quality
Picture quality is excellent and all things look good on it.

Sound Quality
Very good sound quality and don't have it hooked up to external speakers. I don't like things very loud and it has good sound quality when it is soft or very loud.

Have not had any problems with this TV and it works well for the last year that I've had it.

Has a good design and looks good in my living room. Very sleek and modern looking

Always works well and haven't had any problems with it's performance.

Great TV

from Oxford, MI

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LCD TV:

This was our first flat screen TV. We finally bought after our old CRT continued to turn itself off while we were watching. We did a fair amount of research and are very happy with the purchase. The colors are good, the quality and sharpness are good and overall, it's just a good TV. Moving up from the CRT was amazing. I never quite realized how much better the picture would look on this TV! It makes me wish we had moved up sooner.

My only con is the buttons could be easier to find and use. They blend in a bit and since we lose the remote more than we should, having easier to find buttons would be an asset.

Picture Quality
Excellent colors and sharpness!

Sound Quality
Very nice. Not perfect, but good enough for a TV.

So far so good. It's held up just fine!

It's sleak and I like the clear edging.

We've had nothing but great performance.