Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung LCD TVs

Pros

Cons

• Sound Quality:

Works great and is less heavy than the old CRT TVs.

We got a bunch of Samsung LCD TVs for our house after we had our fire. They were different sizes and models but all were samsung LCD TVs. I like that they are not so heavy or akward tohols like the old CRT TVs. They all work great and everyone else says the can see the difference when they watch the HD channels. I still can not still any difference not with HD channels or Blu-Ray DVDs. It does not matter to me as long as the TV works. I got ones with stands so none of that wall mount crap for me. It might save space but the mounts are expensive and once you put them in that is were they are staying unless you really want to go through the hassle of moving the mount. The Tv stands are better because you can move the TV at any time you want and never have to worry about the mount. Just got to be close enough to an outlet or have an extension cord. I just need one of those PC to TV connectors now and then I can do viewpoints & other stuff on the TV instead of my small 15 inch laptop screen.

Started having Problems After a Few Years

When the TV is working properly it's great, but after owning it for a few years the screen started to "flip." It looked almost like an old broken VHS tape. After a while of this, the TV would simply stop turning on. It would make the start up noise, but instead of the screen turning on it would simply click and stay dark. We had a little time left on our warranty so we had it repaired at our house. The servicemen that fixed it were very rude, and the problem just came back a few months later. I won't be buying a Samsung again.

Picture Quality
Our TV was a 40 inch, 1080P, so the picture looked great when the screen was working properly.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is good. It can get very loud if you turn it up all the way. The only thing that bothered us was how any music playing would become louder than the voices. For example during a romantic movie they will play a love song as the actors are confessing their feelings, well the TV will play the music so loud that you can't always hear what the actors are saying!

This TV started having screen problems after only a year or two.

This was our first flat screen TV, and I didn't realize how difficult it would be to use the buttons on the front of the TV. They are simply small words etched in the metal frame under the screen. You activate them by sliding your finger over the word. I have to get up really close to see where the words/buttons are. Became quite annoying.

While this is a well-known brand of TV, I would not give it a good performance rating simply because several Samsung flat screen owners have had the same problem with the screen.

Awesome tv!

from TN

About Me Casual User

Pros

• All the connections options I could ever need
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Good Remote Control
  • Great Picture Quality
  • Great Sound Quality
  • Reduced Glare

Cons

• Home

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

About a year ago our big, old tv finally decided to go out so we went out shopping for a new tv for our living room. When looking at the wall of tv's, the Samsung LCD tv's really stood out. The pictures were really bright and clear. I love that the screen did not stretch the picture out too. Some tv's stretch everything out to be widescreen and the picture just looks weird, but this brand did not do that. When we got this tv home it was super easy to hook up to our cable box and DVD player. I love that it has enough space to hook them both up because it is really a hassle to switch them out every time you want to watch a movie. The prices of some of these tv's seems crazy, but it is truly worth it. You get a high quality picture and high quality sound. Our tv is over a year old now and it still has the same clear, crisp picture on it. If you choose to buy a cheaper priced tv it may not last as long.

• Was this a gift?:

Awesome tv!

from TN

Samsung LCD television

from Georgia

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

I first purchased my Samsung LCD television from circuit city about three years ago during its liquidation sale. I purchased one 52' and got another 52' for free. The plasma television speakers for the first tv were busted so circuit city let me keep the old television while giving me a new one for free. Eventually the speakers started working properly a week later and I did not have any problems with the volume for years. The volume of the new LG sounded great and the visual images were so clear. I was so happy to get them for I hanged one over my fireplace and watched movies daily with friends over. They both have been working really great for the past three or four years until now because I am noticing that there are issues in the volume on both televisions and the visual images on the screen. The tv's are starting to become covered with a lot of thick, black lines. The picture quality has been interrupted and when I tried to get it fixed, I was told that I would come out better getting a new television because fixing the old Samsung lcd plasma would be just as costly. I wouldn't recommend this televion to anyone who wants to keep it over three years but it was great for the first three years of having them. I have lots of great memories.

• Sound Quality:

Samsung doesn't like their customers.

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

We purchased this tv a few years ago. Recently we've been noticing little white dots. First there were only a few, now there are probably 100 of them. We called Samsung, and they said they would send a repairman over within 48 hours. 48 hours went by, and nothing happened. We called back and they had no record of that conversation, and stated they would not be fixing the tv even though it is considered a defect that is caused by them. We will never be buying Samsung products again, and will be selling every Samsung item we have in our home. If you like great customer service, then do not buy from Samsung.

Samsung

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

Samsung is a brand that I've come quite accustomed to. It's really my go to brand for electronic devices for entertainment. I bought a Samsung TV because it was time for a change, the last flat screen TV, (non Samsung) was just a mess. When buying my first Samsung brand at the time I took to looking at the prices this time when I went to buy, not automatically going for the cheap, nice looking TV. With the Samsung, I looked at the quality of the TV, and well Samsung did not let me down. Picture quality was amazing, it was very easy to navigate through the multiple options on the TV, whether it was adjusting the view from wide screen to full screen, cause there's that option or changing the color brightness, it was all very simple. The sound was one of the things that reeled me into just loving Samsung even more, it's pure greatness, the way it sounds, not extra speakers needed at all. My Samsung TV performs great. It has a nice design, not overly doing it with the black rim that showcases the screen, the brand Samsung written on it does not take away anything at all. The ability to stream shows is awesome as well as when watching Football, on Sunday, Monday or Thursday nights I'm watching it in beautiful high defintion with amazing sound. It is truly an amazing TV.

Best TV's I've ever had

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

Samsung TV's are my favorite. I've tried others like Vizio, Toshiba, Sony, RCA, and Samsung TV's always win. They last forever, usually come out with new technology that works faster, and have overall better picture quality (without having to adjust any settings, and once optimized).

Picture Quality
    Overall the best picture quality for any tv I've ever had. A samsung is always my primary tv for things like sports, games and movies. I use lesser models for the spare rooms. This ones always number one.

Sound Quality
    Very good, I do not even need my conventional sound system most of the time. I don't put it too loud but it never really breaks and quality never really hurts.

I've never had a Samsung tv thats gone bad. I've broken one before and sold another. I've had one that lasted about 3 years, another that lasted about 5 years. I have no complaints though, very happy overall!

The newest and smart models are absolutely beautiful. I like the thin edge around the screen, the placement of the inputs and the stand feels secure.

I love these tv's my next tv and the one after will be a Samsung.

• Sound Quality:

Love the features of my TV nothing can beat this

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

Even when we watch old TV shows they look like they are coming through in High Def. The 3D that I use once in awhile is a very nice feature also.

Picture Quality
    Never have any issues with the picture weather it is a new show or an old show. They all look fantastic.

We have had no performance issue with our TV at all and all the movies and sound come through great!!

Very thin and can fit just about any where and very light weight. Has plenty of HDMI and USB ports for the Home Theater and the Tech of the Family.....

Overall performance especially with video games systems is fantastic!! The quality and the picture is awesome. I do not think I would trade this in for another TV.

• Sound Quality:

Beautiful picture and low-energy cost.

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

We have had our Samsung LCD TVs for approximately two years now. They have been very durable with excellent picture quality and low energy costs. Both of my Samsung TVs are internet-enabled. Although it sounds like a great thing, we have the Internet apps to be running a little bit slower and don't use them as much we thought we would. My husband and I Staver feature ever Samsung LCD TV is excellent, crisp picture quality, especially when watching Blu-ray movies. We have also noticed that her energy bill has decreased. I'm not sure that it's do all the fact that we switched to Samsung LCD TVs, but I like to think that it has something to do with the televisions, since energy costs are supposed to be lower with LCD TVs than Plasmas. Both of our Samsung TVs came with a good comprehensive warranty and were easy to set up. They are both thin, low-profile, and lightweight. This feature is especially nice for me since I like to mov furniture around a lot and it is easier to reposition the TVs. I would recommend Samsung brand LCD TVs as a great buy.

No problems this far. Have owned for almost two years.

• Sound Quality:

Samsung LCD TV : not best buy.

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

I switched from Samsung LED TV to Samsung LCD after trading my flat-screen with my brother. Overall, it is not a bad TV and fairly reasonable value for your money. But, having switched from a same-size LED to LCD I couldn't help but notice very obvious decline in terms of performance. The colors aren't as bright as they appear on LED. The picture appears very smudgy specially in comparison to my previous LED TV, which I find most annoying while watching shows, etc. Performance wise it does alright. I wouldn't recommend this for gaming at all as you can never enjoy the graphics as much as you would on an LED or even a Plasma. I can't speak for LCD TV in general as I can only speak for the product I have used and tested which is Samsung LCD. So, if you're out in market on TV hunt and considering Samsung LCD, I would highly recommend you to consider LED instead if you want better and dynamic picture quality. Sound quality is great, and the overall design and durability live up to Samsung's standard benchmark

Great general use TV

Comments about Samsung LCD TVs:

We bought our first Samsung LCD about 18 months ago and liked it so well that we bought a second one for another area of our house. We felt like the price was in line on the ones we bought. These tvs aren't cheap, but the do deliver good quality without being at the top of the price spectrum. These tvs are user friendly, it's not at all hard to figure out how to use them. Our oldest one has worked just fine- no problems in the 18 months that we've had it. The volume levels are great - you can definitely turn it up loud enough to hear when there's other noise in the area. The picture is very nice - this was our first flat screen tv and we love it! The picture is nice a crisply-clear with great contrast. Our HD channels look fantastic. I don't know about energy efficiency - we didn't notice any change in our electric bills really, so I assume it uses an average amount of power for a TV.