Other Cable TV Providers:

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

My Whole House is Verizon and I LOVE it!

I have quite an opposite review of Verizon FiOS than the one other person who has reviewed the service. My experience has been fantastic with both customer service and the quality of the service for cable.  We had Comcast and terrible service.  When Internet went out, even if they KNEW it, I had to wait until others in my neighborhood called to complain before Comcast would declare an "outage."  I actually had to go knock on doors asking neighbors if they had service and if not to please call so Comcast would declare an outage. Otherwise they had to schedule a service visit for the next day or two days later.The day FiOS was available here I called, ordered service and I've never been disappointed.  I made sure the cost was at least the same as Comcast for cable.  We actually got many more movie channels and we didn't lose any channels that we had with Comcast and the cost was a few dollars cheaper.  The picture is noticably clearer and brighter.  My children who were upset at me for changing would now never want to go back to Comcast after they saw the extra channels offered and the better picture.I've rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes on the phone for service questions and have had only ONE outage in the past year compared to regular outages with Comcast.I'm sold on FiOS and Verizon. We also switched to FiOS Internet, and phone and no complaints!

BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE

Verizon customer service has got to be in the running for worst on the planet. Don't get me wrong, each and every person I have spoken to has been very nice. They apparently are just all utterly incompetent. First of all Verizon has about 600 different numbers. For any issue you have, you run the risk of being transferred or having to call 5,6, 7 different numbers before you have a shot at solving anything. Just getting a person on the phone alone will take a significant investment of time. Every representative will tell you a different story. All with great conviction.

There is no way I can outline all the issues I have had in my short 2 months with Verizon (it took me 4 pages to type it all up to Verizon), but in short I had the installation technician disappear on me without getting my living room TV hooked up. I lose service all the time (my package drops to the most basic service & I have to call to get all my other channels restored), changing the name on my account took 2 technicians coming to the house, 14 calls (numerous hours) and a change in phone number for a period of 4 days. The reason we went through the name change in the first place was to get the "bundle discount" and was done on the suggestion of a representative. In stead of lowering my bill, it has increased my bill by about 75%. After many many many more calls and promised return calls by supervisors which never happened, this has yet to be resolved 3 weeks later.

Comcast is more expensive, but I'm seriously starting to think the customer service is worth the extra money. In terms of picture quality, phone quality & internet speed, I have not been able to detect any difference between the two.

Not so happy anymore

from Quakertown, PA

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

I've had Fios for a number of years, upgraded a few times as the number of devices in our household increased. Up to now I've been happy with their service and products. Verizon recommends that I upgrade to Fios Quantum TV because m current DVR is almost full. I would really like to upgrade for a number of reasons. BUT I would lose everything recorded on my almost-full DVR as Verizon has no way to transfer recordings from one DVR to another. Looks like my only chance at upgrading will be by finding the time to watch everything recorded before upgrading. And, of course, not recording anything else or I'll never be able to upgrade! I am not pleased at all.

Love Verizon Fios

from Bear, De

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

I had Vios in the past when living in New York and never had any problems. When we moved out of state, it was unavailable in our new area. I was so disappointed in the provider that we had at that time. We moved again and the first thing we did was get Fios installed. Clear picture, beautiful on my 4K tv, never lose signal or have a service interruption.

DO NOT GET FIOS

from verona PA

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

first off some random person without a verison shirt came to hookup fios. next i did NOT get all the channels i should have gotten. i should have been able to record multiple shows but i can only record one show at a time if it lets me record it. home phone answering machine i needed to know a password that i didnt even create to listen to messages. verison help line is useless. when i called at 1:20 pm on a tuesday they told be call back during work hours and they then just disconected me.

I haven't had a full week of service in 4 weeks!!!

from Waldorf, MD

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

I've been having the same problem for 4 weeks now!!!!! And nobody seems to know anything but to get the MAD lady off the phone. Tech is scheduled to be here during the timeframe of 8 - 12. But when I called customer service they told me 5:15 - 6:16. (This will be the fourth tech to come out) Not acceptable for a recurring issue that I have to call every week about. I never wanted to write a bad review more than now. I haven't had services since last week Wednesday!!! I'm soo about to cancel my services!!!!!! I deserve a credit for all of last week since I had to call Monday of last and Wednesday. And today is Tuesday still don't have services!!!!!!!!! Talk about MAD!!!

Reasonable price and high quality

from SEL LHOUS

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

Reasonable price and high quality and other benefits offered by this company so I advise gel has the desire to fulfill the quality and to contact your provider and enjoy the precision and clarity

Great Service

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

We've had Verizon FiOS since we bought our house since our neighborhood is wired for it. I've done a lot of shopping around, and for all that you get, Verizon FiOS provides the absolute best value. The only issues we've ever had is some On-Demand movies not cutting out, but this is very rare, it seems like only during bad weather. The customer service representatives are extremely friendly and professional. Every time I have called, they have worked with me to find the absolute best package to meet my family's needs.
I do wish they offered a smaller package, since we only use network channels and basic sports for my husband. However, the sports package doesn't include some basic networks and is more than we currently pay.
We use to have landline, Internet and cable; now we only have cable & Internet. The Internet speed is fast, even on my ancient computer.

I miss my Fios

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

When I moved to Pittsburgh, PA from Michigan we got a temporary apartment and at the time Fios was preferred by the landlords. I was scared because I had never heard of it having been a very unhappy Comcast customer in Michigan for years I new the cable companies pretty much had you over the barrel. I was shocked and thrilled with the price, lack on contract and that in the year I lived there I never ever had an issue, not with TV, Internet or the phone and I never had a billing issue, not one. I wish everyday that it would come to Michigan where I am now, the service I had her I finally just cancelled after nearly 20 years of price hikes, billing mistakes and just plain poor customer service.

Happy customer for a long time

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

I was a long time customer of cable television because before that I had a satellite dish and their service was bad enough that I switched to cable because Verizon Fios was not available in my area yet. So we had cable which at the time I was very unhappy from the point of installation until we switched to Verizon fios. I was charged a lot of money for extra boxes and a couple of extra channels. I always had problems with the connection and I can remember at least two times we had to have a person come to the house and one time the boxes needed to be replaced because they were not functioning properly. When I found out Verizon fios was going to be in my area we broke the contract we had with the cable company, which by the way costs us almost five hundred dollars, but completely worth it. Verizon fios by far is the best service I've used for television. It has amazing channels and a lot of them. I have never one time in the two years I have been using it had any problems with it where I needed to have someone come out. Even the most basic packages include a gift card and premium movie channels for some time and when you do want to buy them they are extremely cheap to add on. My bill is significantly lower than my cable bill used to be and the service is unbeatable. I would never switch back to cable from Verizon fios. Any time I had a question, I didn't even need to call anyone because the on TV help option literally walks you through your questions. So out together the quality of Verizon fios with the price difference and the variety of channels and it is pretty amazing. I love it and I would definitely recommend and have no plans on switching providers anytime soon or ever. Great service.

Verizon FIOS Cable Bundle Packages Are A Complete Rip Off

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

In my area if you don't have cable television you can only get about ten stations clearly. I was talked in to getting Verizon FIOS and bundle my internet service as well as home phone service as well as a mid-tier cable television package.

The whole deal was supposed to be $99.00 a month, but wait, that's before taxes and fees for equipment that you have to rent. A set top box is $14.99 a month and a DVR is $18.99 a month. There is no way around it, you have to rent one of them. There are also franchise fees that get tacked on every month and those can add up to an extra three or four dollars a month.

Customer service is average; most of the people that are answering the phone don't have the authority to give credits or reverse charges without getting approval. Most of the time when I have called I have gotten a customer service agent based in the United States but occasionally at night I have been connected to a call center overseas.

If you already have existing cable wires from other companies they will reuse them instead of putting in new cables. That means if the cables are outdated you might not be getting true FIOS service. They charge a fee for early termination if you sign a contract for one year or two years of service; I was supposed to get a $300.00 Visa prepaid card for signing a two year contract and they refused to send it saying that they gave me a "substantial discount" instead of the prepaid card.

Bundle packages are nothing more than a rip off; everything is compressed to one bill and if you want details about something you have to call and wait to talk to someone. As soon as my contract is up I am moving on to a different cable provider but there's a good chance I won't get any cable television service at all. I can pay $50.00 a month for unlimited internet from several companies and watch whatever I want to watch online.

Fios

from Bronx, NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Verizon FiOS Cable Service:

Verizon Fios is my internet triple X - basic in my area ..