2.7

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

It's has more pros than cons...but it could use some work

I've been with Cox Communications for about 5 years now so I'm pretty familiar with the company and it's products.

Things I like about Cox Cable:

1. They offer...Read complete review

Things I like about Cox Cable:

1. They offer a variety of channels and packages.  You can get basic cable, get an above basic package, or get everything.  You can purchase an HD package, get On Demand, DVR, or purchase online movies.  Whatever you want, or don't want, they work with you and make it fit your needs.

2. Customer service is great!  I can usually get a hold of someone very quickly and they work hard to solve any problem that I might have.  They are patient with me and walk me through whatever steps I need to take to fix the problem.  They even stay on the phone until everything is good to go.

3. The offer DVR.  I don't know how I lived without it.

4. The signal is great.  I never have a problem with my cable cutting out during storms or windy days.  It usually works perfect.  Occasionally, if we get bad lightning, it will mess the picture up very slightly, but that is rare.

Things I don't like:

1. They can get expensive fast.  They seem to cost more than their competitors.  I wish they would offer more discounts and better incentives.  Instead, I've seen several price hikes since I've been with them in the last 5 years.

2. I have to pay for an additional cable box.  If I'm already paying out the wazoo for your service, you could give me a free box.  Just saying.

Overall though, Cox is a good company to use if you are willing to pay.  It basically comes down to quality over cost.  If quality is more important, Cox is the best.  If cost is more important, then I would shop around.

TOO EXPENSIVE, rude, scammers

I have had service with cox for 5 years. The first year was great until my bill went up $60 because of fine print. Fine I signed it and delt with it. Then we moved and transferred service and they charged us all kinds of fees and we couldn't keep up with the bill. We somehow in the mix of it got signed up for a sports package. Nothing we signed up for. It was $150. They did not want to take it off or credit it back to out account. Every month I have noticed a small increase in cost. I am sick of it. We have tried to switch services. I dislike dish and the other services are not available in our area. I am done with cable TV., Thanks Cox~

Awful All Around

from Virginia Beach

Comments about COX Communications:

Cox is the worst cable company I have ever dealt with. Their practice of FRAUDULENT charges are a joke. Every month I have to call because they try to charge me for something I NEVER REQUESTED. This is an epidemic with this company!

Fast internet - too expensive

from Oklahoma

Comments about COX Communications:

Fastest internet in the area. They charge too much for their service and the recorders frequently do not work well. They don't respond to you quickly but be late on a payment and then are prompt to cut you off

Please Beware

from VA

Comments about COX Communications:

Please beware. The monthly payment increase over time. I paid $36 initially and gradually my bill increased to $93.60 in a year and a half time period - internet only. I kept paying that amount because that is the provider around my area. When I call the customer service she said I will give you a promotion of $36 .I told them to cancel it. Its absurd.

Change Cable Access Music

from Gainesville FL

Comments about COX Communications:

I would like to hear music from 80's and 90's instead of the Classical music now on Gainesville channel 12

The worst ever

from Rhode Island

Comments about COX Communications:

Everytime I get a bill from cox I say to myself well let's see what kind of a screwing I'm in for this month. I've been with this company over 25 years and VERIZON here I come

Cox cannot provide good customer service

from Junction City, KS

Comments about COX Communications:

Cox customer service personnel are rude, and they would literally rather cancel my service than solve my problem. A replaced cable lay on my grass for weeks waiting for Cox to send someone to bury it. After three months of being told on the phone that they would escalate the problem to management, only to find that they were not keeping any record of my complaints and did not even register that I preferred to be contacted by cell phone, I finally cancelled my service. The agent was happy to let me go.

The best customer service from COX . was given to me by GINO

from PHOENIX,AZ 85053

Comments about COX Communications:

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM GINO !!!

Blood sucking cox company that don't value there customers

from Ct

Comments about COX Communications:

You don't deserve even a one star cox!!
Called in for a problem with my box spoke to a worker over the phone, poor communication with his headset almost the whole time and all we did was switch a button of channels and was told by the cox worker that I won't be charged $60 cause we did not do anything , .. Found out I was charged and my box is still NOT working and I have 5 days for warranty!!!!!!! What kind of customer service is this!!!! I will see what to do to get the hell out of penny pinching blood thirsty cox cable compant ( ther name cox fit there discription) I here from so many of my clients Comcast is great and values there customers unlike Cox!!!!

cox cable

from Coronado, CA

Comments about COX Communications:

COX cable is a company that doesn't seem to care for their customers like they did 10 years ago when I first subscribed. The digital cable always needs to reboot and can get extremely frustrating. When you call, there is an automated message which tells you there are outages out in your area, vut this message is ALWAYS on. So I'll assume they have outages all over the place all the time. On Demand is iffy too...some days it will say a show is on demand, but whenI go to watch it, it says can not be aaccessed at his time which is also extremely annoying. Cox does allow you to bundle, phone, internet, cable, but the cost is still extremely high. I think Cox raises it's prices every few years. They used to give out free movie codes for rentals on demand, but they no longer do that.
All in all Cox is an okay family friendly service. It offers tons of channels and many movies. It has a ratung option and the service works 80% of the time with no glitches. If there was a competitor in my area, I'd probably switch.

Always cutting out on internet

from He handhelds

Comments about COX Communications:

I absolutely hate this place the internet always cuts out and when ever it comes back it is there for about a minute or 2.