2.7

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

It's has more pros than cons...but it could use some work

I've been with Cox Communications for about 5 years now so I'm pretty familiar with the company and it's products.

Things I like about Cox Cable:

1. They offer...Read complete review

Things I like about Cox Cable:

1. They offer a variety of channels and packages.  You can get basic cable, get an above basic package, or get everything.  You can purchase an HD package, get On Demand, DVR, or purchase online movies.  Whatever you want, or don't want, they work with you and make it fit your needs.

2. Customer service is great!  I can usually get a hold of someone very quickly and they work hard to solve any problem that I might have.  They are patient with me and walk me through whatever steps I need to take to fix the problem.  They even stay on the phone until everything is good to go.

3. The offer DVR.  I don't know how I lived without it.

4. The signal is great.  I never have a problem with my cable cutting out during storms or windy days.  It usually works perfect.  Occasionally, if we get bad lightning, it will mess the picture up very slightly, but that is rare.

Things I don't like:

1. They can get expensive fast.  They seem to cost more than their competitors.  I wish they would offer more discounts and better incentives.  Instead, I've seen several price hikes since I've been with them in the last 5 years.

2. I have to pay for an additional cable box.  If I'm already paying out the wazoo for your service, you could give me a free box.  Just saying.

Overall though, Cox is a good company to use if you are willing to pay.  It basically comes down to quality over cost.  If quality is more important, Cox is the best.  If cost is more important, then I would shop around.

TOO EXPENSIVE, rude, scammers

I have had service with cox for 5 years. The first year was great until my bill went up $60 because of fine print. Fine I signed it and delt with it. Then we moved and transferred service and they charged us all kinds of fees and we couldn't keep up with the bill. We somehow in the mix of it got signed up for a sports package. Nothing we signed up for. It was $150. They did not want to take it off or credit it back to out account. Every month I have noticed a small increase in cost. I am sick of it. We have tried to switch services. I dislike dish and the other services are not available in our area. I am done with cable TV., Thanks Cox~

We ar cutting cable

from San Diego, CA

Comments about COX Communications:

We had Cox for many many years. Ar they horrible...eh, no worse than any other cable company I guess. But I can say that we have decided to cut cable. Why? Because of cost, bottom line. There are so many times I find nothing on anyway, but I can always turn on a Hulu and find something. So, for a HUGE savings, we are cutting cable. Going just with an internet plan, Hulu, and a digital antenna.

Is this Cox's fault? Well, you could say the cost just finally got ridiculous enough for us to take the plunge. It's not exactly their fault there isn't anything good on tv, but who knows.

They get 3 stars because obviously they didn't have enough to entice us to stay. That said we never really had problems with our service. No sudden outages when there was a game on or anything. So, if you want to waste your money, go right ahead.

Poor cancellation service

from Peoria AZ

Comments about COX Communications:

It's an extreme burden on the customer to enforce termination fees when in my case I have been extremely loyal to this company the past 10 years. I pay my bills each month automatically and due to a change in my life circumstances I needed to cancel all services. I moved in with my boyfriend who already has services established. The timing just didn't work out with my contract and the timing of moving in. Your company essentially makes the customer bundle with the contract otherwise the options are they expensive. Barbara a supervisor informed me that I will have to pay high termination fees not only for cable and Internet but also for Cox home security services. I was not able to speak with her supervisor Mike as he "does not speak with customers". There doesn't appear to be any leeway or consideration for merit. I will no longer be recommending Cox to friends and family. In fact I will tell them to seek services with your competitors. It's unfortunate that a long-standing history of paying bills on time results in more fees. Very poor service.

COX IS FILLED WITH LIES!!!!! DECEIVING COMPANY!!!!!!

from Fairfax, VA

Comments about COX Communications:

I signed up for a bundle (Phone, internet, & tv) that comes with a prepaid visa card. I didn't need the phone service so when I told that to the representative, she had told me that she could sign me up for the internet and tv service for a cheaper price. When I had received the bill, the price was higher and I was signed up for something totally different! When I had called and talked to a manager, the manager told me that the representative gave me false information and I had to pay for the consequences which is PAY MORE MONEY. It has been almost 6 MONTHS and I still haven't received the prepaid card. I had called a representative but she was RUDE and told me that the card would be with my March 2017 bill. It's APRIL and the visa card still hasn't been received. I called again and the new representative told me that there was nothing about the visa card being shipped and waiting on the form that she had sent for an investigation. The promotion deal price Cox puts out is just like a worm on a hook to reel you in. The price increases the more you are with Cox so the 24 months deal price you signed up for is a LIE! They increase the price without warning!!!!!!!!! The company (COX) just apologizes but does not do anything else for their mistakes. The customer, which is YOU, have to pay for THEIR mistakes!!!!

Wonderful entertainment!

from Phoenix,Arizona

Comments about COX Communications:

We have Cox cable television services and really enjoy it! They offer many channels that we love to watch and a great selection of programs and movies. The DVR is an awesome extra service as we have busy schedules and sometimes it is difficult to try to watch all of our favorite shows so we can record them and then watch them at our convenience.Watching television is a huge part of our entertainment and Cox offers so many different programs for our viewing enjoyment. Some evenings all we want to do is just sit back and relax and watch our cable. I have contacted their customer service for questions and they were extremely helpful The only complaint we would have is that their price is high and we just received a price increase and we are supposed to be on a 2 year contract and we were told that our price would be locked in for 2 years without any increase or changes. When I contacted them they apologized and said that they couldn't avoid the change and that is just the way it is.We will continue to be loyal customers with them for as long as we can.

I just need a cable connection in my new apartment.

from OKLAHOMA

Comments about COX Communications:

I just need a cable connection in my new apartment last November 2016 and I only received one cable box during that time. but for some reason I had 3 cable box in my account record, I've been calling them to correct this problem but nothing happened and I'm still dealing this issues until now January 2017. Since my cable bills went high I decided to cut it off. Now I come to found out I have to pay those two cable box which I never received. Called customer service 5 times and NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION AND NOT EVEN TRYING OR WILLING TO HELP. I felt like am speaking Chinese no one can understand. COX COMPANY ALL THEY WANT IS ONLY MY MONEY WITH A VERY VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Now after 9 years of being a GOOD COX Customer I now decided to cut off my internet as will. So disappointed this COX COMPANY. I felt like they're cheating on my bills because that bills I got it's NOT RIGHT and I know it it's not right. I hope one day you guys meet my friend KARMA.

Awful All Around

from Virginia Beach

Comments about COX Communications:

Cox is the worst cable company I have ever dealt with. Their practice of FRAUDULENT charges are a joke. Every month I have to call because they try to charge me for something I NEVER REQUESTED. This is an epidemic with this company!

Fast internet - too expensive

from Oklahoma

Comments about COX Communications:

Fastest internet in the area. They charge too much for their service and the recorders frequently do not work well. They don't respond to you quickly but be late on a payment and then are prompt to cut you off

Please Beware

from VA

Comments about COX Communications:

Please beware. The monthly payment increase over time. I paid $36 initially and gradually my bill increased to $93.60 in a year and a half time period - internet only. I kept paying that amount because that is the provider around my area. When I call the customer service she said I will give you a promotion of $36 .I told them to cancel it. Its absurd.

Change Cable Access Music

from Gainesville FL

Comments about COX Communications:

I would like to hear music from 80's and 90's instead of the Classical music now on Gainesville channel 12

The worst ever

from Rhode Island

Comments about COX Communications:

Everytime I get a bill from cox I say to myself well let's see what kind of a screwing I'm in for this month. I've been with this company over 25 years and VERIZON here I come