2.7
Other Cable TV Providers:
COX Communications

Beware of Cox you will get scammed

I was charged fathom charges. My bill mysteriously doubled. They claim I had a previous unpaid balance that I proved with my bank statements was false. I paid every month in full. They claim they have a past unpaid balance and said I had to pay the extorted amount or they would discontinue my service. My bill is twice what its supposed to be. I called customer service yesterday and was told that my balance of $336 was incorrect that my balance was only $136. Last night I signed in to my account and my balance was $350. I contacted customer service and was informed that I had a previous unpaid balance. However my current statement shows no unpaid balances. I was told I either pay the $336 or have my service discontinued. So if you want to get extorted and lied to then Cox is the company for you

Pensacola Florida

WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Worst customer service on the planet! READ ALL NEGATIVE reviews on BBB site. UNBELIEVABLE!

phoenix, AZ

Home Service

I have had the service for along time. I do like there are many channels for television viewing but the price is crazy. For internet it pretty good does cut out once in a while. I was offered this free upgrade that is supposed to be faster didn't notice adifferent but all in all it is okay until I found out if I take my phone off the plan then all of a sudden because of this free upgrade I would get charged around $200 but guess I did not read the fine print. Now they want to come in and install a modum for my phone which I only have for emergencies and wanted to get disconnected so I am just at a standstill on that one. Don't think I need this modum at the time. Anyway not many choices to choose from so good or bad we will stay with Cox.

Omaha, NE

true

Nobody really likes their cable company, but...

I have had Cox for many years. The biggest negative is the cost. $200.00 per month for internet and cable with a couple upgrade packages (no premiums or movie packages) just seems pricey. The monthly bill seems to creep up constantly but I think that's just the nature of cable TV these days. On the positive side, once you get through the automated menu of their service/support line, they do a good job. Several times they fixed problems while I was on the phone with them. There have been very few outages. So, I get what I pay for, I just wish I paid less.

Omaha, NE

true

Wish, you can view animal planet.

I like the product, but we only have basic cable. Still, would be nice too watch animal planet.

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Unwarranted Service Charges

So, I ordered gigablast, had all the correct equipment hooked up, but performance was in the 200 mb range, nowhere near the 1k promised. Called for assistance, they sent a tech out, left a message that if the tech found the problem to be with the computer or a filter of some sort, there would be a charge, if it was with their equipment, no charge. The tech discovered that the signal coming in from their end was too strong, and put a device on the end of the cable line to reduce the signal strength. Then they added a charge to my bill, a $55 dollar fee for a one time service fee. Calling to ask why, I was informed it was because they came into my house and installed the signal reducer, that by being in the house, that made the cable line my equipment, so it was subject to service fee. My response was that they could have installed a similar device, outside at the group cable box that belongs to cox, where all the cable for the home assoc is connected or disconned, but they chose to install it inside. Their response was to try to sell me a monthly protection plan that would eliminate such charges. I'm still only getting 400 mbps for their supposed 1000 mbps gigablast service. Unwilling to spend $55 for every tech visit to fix it, or to be pressured into buying monthly insurance to cover tech fees for them to fix problems that originate with their signal. What I have is a cable line that has no ability to make their signal stronger all by itself, the actual problem is with the strength of the signal coming into my house, but they are charging me to reduce that signal to make their service perform better. How is that onus put on me?

El Cajon, CA

Cut the cord

I was a cox subscriber for over 11 years and I have recently cut ties with the cable portion. While the service is good I never had many issues, I couldn't justify paying 100+ a month for cable when there are better options out there. I still have cox internet which at times can be a let down but is currently the best option for my area so I will continue being a customer.

Crowley, LA

billing horrible

i have cox security which is homelife they charge me $300 or $400 more than my income .. cox invited you to add it for $29 but they were nickle and diming people..

rayne,la

We ar cutting cable

We had Cox for many many years. Ar they horrible...eh, no worse than any other cable company I guess. But I can say that we have decided to cut cable. Why? Because of cost, bottom line. There are so many times I find nothing on anyway, but I can always turn on a Hulu and find something. So, for a HUGE savings, we are cutting cable. Going just with an internet plan, Hulu, and a digital antenna. Is this Cox's fault? Well, you could say the cost just finally got ridiculous enough for us to take the plunge. It's not exactly their fault there isn't anything good on tv, but who knows. They get 3 stars because obviously they didn't have enough to entice us to stay. That said we never really had problems with our service. No sudden outages when there was a game on or anything. So, if you want to waste your money, go right ahead.

San Diego, CA

Poor cancellation service

It's an extreme burden on the customer to enforce termination fees when in my case I have been extremely loyal to this company the past 10 years. I pay my bills each month automatically and due to a change in my life circumstances I needed to cancel all services. I moved in with my boyfriend who already has services established. The timing just didn't work out with my contract and the timing of moving in. Your company essentially makes the customer bundle with the contract otherwise the options are they expensive. Barbara a supervisor informed me that I will have to pay high termination fees not only for cable and Internet but also for Cox home security services. I was not able to speak with her supervisor Mike as he "does not speak with customers". There doesn't appear to be any leeway or consideration for merit. I will no longer be recommending Cox to friends and family. In fact I will tell them to seek services with your competitors. It's unfortunate that a long-standing history of paying bills on time results in more fees. Very poor service.

Peoria AZ