2.5

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (34), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (8)

Good quality at a HUGE price!

I have been a customer (Internet and Cable) of Comcast Cable Company since a very long time now. Their service is quite good but it comes at a very high price. I have had my share of issues with the company but most of them have been resolved sooner or later. Comcast online and chat support is quite good, although I have had some bad experiences too. Another thing worth mentioning here is that there is a LONG waiting period when you call them, ALWAYS! May be they are under staffed but it does get annoying to be on hold for an hour or so. The internet speed is good and I have only had minor issues regarding that factor. Having said that, I would definitely change my service provider if I had a better option in my locality primarily because of their prices! I guess the only Pro for Comcast is the high internet speed. Everything else is a Con! My rating is purely on the basis of their High Speed Internet.

Stop Feeding The Pig!

We had Comcast for cable several years ago until we switched to DirectTV, because it had more and better channels and a lower price.The Comcast cable internet had worked ok even after their contract installers started a fire in my house. BUt that's another story.I've become much more aware of Comcast lately because of the well-publicized disputes (separate) between the Big Ten Network and Comcast and the NFL network and Comcast. The BTN and NFLN was to be included on Comcast's basic tier. Comcast wants to pout them on a sports tier.In its most simplest terms, Comcast wants to pass the cost of the networks on to its customers and the two networks think there is enough money in the middle to justify Comcast adding it. Many small cable companies already have.Obviously Comcast has lost customers over this and their stock price is tanking. Comcast has responded with commercials on large market radio stations, in Chicago it's ESPN 1000, spewing out and out lies about how the Big Ten wants to charge everybody for running it and labelling it as a Big Ten Tax. The customer and money loss must be staggering as the commercials have increased as football season went into basketball season. In these ads Comcast says that customers should not have to pay for channels they do not want, ignoring what they are already doing to their customers on their tiers.They have run other ads as a change of pace, saying the BTN does not have that many games and most of the good games are on Comcast. Well, the Illini football team had LOTS of good games and many of those were on the BTN, particularly early in the season. Basketball? Well, the Illini are having a down year. Still, I enjoy watching them and the BTN has more Illini basketball games than Comcast EVER did.So, my suggestion to you all is to **STOP FEEDING THE PIG!**Direct TV is great, and so is the Big Ten network.

It's ok!

from Palmetto, GA

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have this company! For years! I hate that every time my bill goes up! It's great bc of the quick service they give and the on demand! I also like that it's not satellite but still hate that as a loyal customer who pays the bill on time I shouldn't get charged for all new things!

comcast

from ga

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

good cable but need to lower the price or put better programs on tv

Customer Service: Never fail to disappoint

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I've been a reluctant Comcast/Xfinity customer several times over the years, usually because they're the only provider in the area. Every time (not hyperbole) I've discovered extra fees, rates that were apparently "promotional" and customer service like the phone equivalent of a rat maze to speak to an unhelpful human. When they're the only game in town you can deal with it or live in the stone age.

I will concede that their newest generation of cable TV is at least user friendly and easy to navigate.

great company

from egypt

i love this company

Good product terrible customer service

from Indiana

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

When it's working it's great but if you have an issue good luck cause your screwed

Worst company in all the land

from Londonderry, NH

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

In NH Comcast monopolizes cable television. I have chosen to be cable free instead of dealing with them. Service is spotty and often goes out. Customer service is the least helpful as you either never get a real person or you are just forever transferred from a million different departments until you hang up.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Comcast...

from Selma, CA

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

Comcast, I can't stand this company and at the same time I couldn't live without them! They have the fastest internet in my area, but the highest prices, worst customer service, lamest channel lineup, the most outrages. Pretty much the only good thing about them is the fact that the internet speed is blazing fast. I can stream movies and TV all day and continuously be connected with at least 7 devices at any given time and still have super fast download speeds.

Terrible customer service and disgustingly monopolistic

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have used various services from Comcast over the years (TV and internet), and find myself trapped by them. I live in a major metropolitan area, and yet the only option for TV/internet in the vast majority of neighborhoods I've lived in is Comcast. They've carved out a vast area of operation in Chicago that you can't escape unless you completely uproot your life and move neighborhoods.

It's with that anti-competitive approach that they're able to inflate prices, lower service quality, and basically leave their customers hanging by only giving them access to the most rudimentarily trained customer service reps. Oftentimes, you will be transferred to multiple people when trying to solve an issue, none of whom display any sort of willingness to actually solve the issue. Instead, they rely on the nebulous reliability of a technician appointment as the main way to get you off the phone as soon as possible.

Comcast is an enemy of the free and open internet. They oppose net neutrality, and will opportunistically use their service area strangleholds to gouge their customers. You already see glimpses of this with the deals they've forced Netflix into making to offer priority to that service, or the fact that they've started implementing data caps on home internet connections. The latter is particularly hostile move, especially considering the steadily increasing prevalence of streaming video, which will only become more data intensive as 4k video streaming becomes the norm. They'll soon be able to tack on fee after fee after fee as their customers inadvertently surpass their data caps from merely watching a show on their computer or streaming box.

Comcast is more interested in charging more for less. They want to maintain the status quo and suppress competition in the areas in which they operate. They want to degrade service and trick their customers into fees they shouldn't have to pay.

If I had any other option, I would not use Comcast.

No choice but to get this service

from Eht, nj

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I like how easy it is to navigate through Comcast. But I unfortunelety have to say a few bad things about the company. When we fist got the service a few months ago we had to have 2 different technicians come out for several hours each to fix the issue that one of my spare bedrooms wasn't gettting signal for tv. Eventually the second technician figured it out by providing a signal extender in another bedroom. Then I came home one day to find the exterior comcast box opened with our cables hanging out from it. A few days ago I was left with no internet nor cable service due to an issue of cables being messed with by technicians because we got two new homes built across the street(so I'm assuming the services were being extended from our home to theirs). Got no type of compensation.

I WOULD NEVER GO BACK 2 COMCAST

from Rockville MD

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

This cable company sucks there prices are to high and they try to get over on people if you read this DO NOT GO WITH COMCAST customer service is horrible and price are not worth it now Direct TV and Dish is were its at.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand