2.5

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (31), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (8)

Good quality at a HUGE price!

I have been a customer (Internet and Cable) of Comcast Cable Company since a very long time now. Their service is quite good but it comes at a very high price. I have had my share of issues with the company but most of them have been resolved sooner or later. Comcast online and chat support is quite good, although I have had some bad experiences too. Another thing worth mentioning here is that there is a LONG waiting period when you call them, ALWAYS! May be they are under staffed but it does get annoying to be on hold for an hour or so. The internet speed is good and I have only had minor issues regarding that factor. Having said that, I would definitely change my service provider if I had a better option in my locality primarily because of their prices! I guess the only Pro for Comcast is the high internet speed. Everything else is a Con! My rating is purely on the basis of their High Speed Internet.

Stop Feeding The Pig!

We had Comcast for cable several years ago until we switched to DirectTV, because it had more and better channels and a lower price.The Comcast cable internet had worked ok even after their contract installers started a fire in my house. BUt that's another story.I've become much more aware of Comcast lately because of the well-publicized disputes (separate) between the Big Ten Network and Comcast and the NFL network and Comcast. The BTN and NFLN was to be included on Comcast's basic tier. Comcast wants to pout them on a sports tier.In its most simplest terms, Comcast wants to pass the cost of the networks on to its customers and the two networks think there is enough money in the middle to justify Comcast adding it. Many small cable companies already have.Obviously Comcast has lost customers over this and their stock price is tanking. Comcast has responded with commercials on large market radio stations, in Chicago it's ESPN 1000, spewing out and out lies about how the Big Ten wants to charge everybody for running it and labelling it as a Big Ten Tax. The customer and money loss must be staggering as the commercials have increased as football season went into basketball season. In these ads Comcast says that customers should not have to pay for channels they do not want, ignoring what they are already doing to their customers on their tiers.They have run other ads as a change of pace, saying the BTN does not have that many games and most of the good games are on Comcast. Well, the Illini football team had LOTS of good games and many of those were on the BTN, particularly early in the season. Basketball? Well, the Illini are having a down year. Still, I enjoy watching them and the BTN has more Illini basketball games than Comcast EVER did.So, my suggestion to you all is to **STOP FEEDING THE PIG!**Direct TV is great, and so is the Big Ten network.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Comcast...

from Selma, CA

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

Comcast, I can't stand this company and at the same time I couldn't live without them! They have the fastest internet in my area, but the highest prices, worst customer service, lamest channel lineup, the most outrages. Pretty much the only good thing about them is the fact that the internet speed is blazing fast. I can stream movies and TV all day and continuously be connected with at least 7 devices at any given time and still have super fast download speeds.

Terrible customer service and disgustingly monopolistic

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have used various services from Comcast over the years (TV and internet), and find myself trapped by them. I live in a major metropolitan area, and yet the only option for TV/internet in the vast majority of neighborhoods I've lived in is Comcast. They've carved out a vast area of operation in Chicago that you can't escape unless you completely uproot your life and move neighborhoods.

It's with that anti-competitive approach that they're able to inflate prices, lower service quality, and basically leave their customers hanging by only giving them access to the most rudimentarily trained customer service reps. Oftentimes, you will be transferred to multiple people when trying to solve an issue, none of whom display any sort of willingness to actually solve the issue. Instead, they rely on the nebulous reliability of a technician appointment as the main way to get you off the phone as soon as possible.

Comcast is an enemy of the free and open internet. They oppose net neutrality, and will opportunistically use their service area strangleholds to gouge their customers. You already see glimpses of this with the deals they've forced Netflix into making to offer priority to that service, or the fact that they've started implementing data caps on home internet connections. The latter is particularly hostile move, especially considering the steadily increasing prevalence of streaming video, which will only become more data intensive as 4k video streaming becomes the norm. They'll soon be able to tack on fee after fee after fee as their customers inadvertently surpass their data caps from merely watching a show on their computer or streaming box.

Comcast is more interested in charging more for less. They want to maintain the status quo and suppress competition in the areas in which they operate. They want to degrade service and trick their customers into fees they shouldn't have to pay.

If I had any other option, I would not use Comcast.

No choice but to get this service

from Eht, nj

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I like how easy it is to navigate through Comcast. But I unfortunelety have to say a few bad things about the company. When we fist got the service a few months ago we had to have 2 different technicians come out for several hours each to fix the issue that one of my spare bedrooms wasn't gettting signal for tv. Eventually the second technician figured it out by providing a signal extender in another bedroom. Then I came home one day to find the exterior comcast box opened with our cables hanging out from it. A few days ago I was left with no internet nor cable service due to an issue of cables being messed with by technicians because we got two new homes built across the street(so I'm assuming the services were being extended from our home to theirs). Got no type of compensation.

I WOULD NEVER GO BACK 2 COMCAST

from Rockville MD

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

This cable company sucks there prices are to high and they try to get over on people if you read this DO NOT GO WITH COMCAST customer service is horrible and price are not worth it now Direct TV and Dish is were its at.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

billing

from alpharetta

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

the worst company to deal .
if I can give no star I will -1000 stars

Worst cutomer service

from Stuart, Fl

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have had Comcast for about 20 years. Connection was always ok. But when you have problems with billing or removing services, you get put on hold or are disconnected. They were billing me for a home security package for 6 years that I never signed up for. I tried to have tv service disconnected and just keep internet, I never got thru. I had to send them a certified letter stating that I wanted service disconnected and that I was not going to pay them any longer.

comcast employee cut at&t internet wires and dish tv

from houston tx

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

would not let comcast run wires through my yard criminal act by comcast employee

Mediocre Service @ High Prices

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have both tv and internet service through Comcast. My services have not been the greatest, yet my bill has done nothing but increase. Installation was a nightmare. Not only was my cable package wrong, but it literally took 5 phone calls and 2 managers to get my internet installed! Since having service installed, I have been somewhat satisfied at best. I occasionally get a message on my screen saying there is a connection error (at least once a week) and without doing anything, it will start working again after about an hour. However, my biggest complaint is their prices. I don't watch a lot of shows and therefore don't pay for premium channels, yet my bill is still almost $200 every month. I've called to try to reduce my bill only to be told that nothing can be done to lower it other than to cancel service. Unfortunately, no other cable provider is available in my area.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would never have Comcast again!

from Detroit, Michigan

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had Comcast for years and the bill just kept going up and up and I was on the low income plan. My service was good and even in storms, I wouldn't lose it, but the price factor is huge and I switched companies and haven't looked back!

You get what you pay for

from greenwood, indiana

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had comcast for years because it was the cheapest deal in my town. I kept it only for this reason soon as i started making more money i switched. The worst problem is customer service if for any reason you have problems it will take multiple calls to customer service before the problem will be fixed.