2.5

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (31), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (7)

Good quality at a HUGE price!

I have been a customer (Internet and Cable) of Comcast Cable Company since a very long time now. Their service is quite good but it comes at a very high price. I have had my share of issues with the company but most of them have been resolved sooner or later. Comcast online and chat support is quite good, although I have had some bad experiences too. Another thing worth mentioning here is that there is a LONG waiting period when you call them, ALWAYS! May be they are under staffed but it does get annoying to be on hold for an hour or so. The internet speed is good and I have only had minor issues regarding that factor. Having said that, I would definitely change my service provider if I had a better option in my locality primarily because of their prices! I guess the only Pro for Comcast is the high internet speed. Everything else is a Con! My rating is purely on the basis of their High Speed Internet.

Stop Feeding The Pig!

We had Comcast for cable several years ago until we switched to DirectTV, because it had more and better channels and a lower price.The Comcast cable internet had worked ok even after their contract installers started a fire in my house. BUt that's another story.I've become much more aware of Comcast lately because of the well-publicized disputes (separate) between the Big Ten Network and Comcast and the NFL network and Comcast. The BTN and NFLN was to be included on Comcast's basic tier. Comcast wants to pout them on a sports tier.In its most simplest terms, Comcast wants to pass the cost of the networks on to its customers and the two networks think there is enough money in the middle to justify Comcast adding it. Many small cable companies already have.Obviously Comcast has lost customers over this and their stock price is tanking. Comcast has responded with commercials on large market radio stations, in Chicago it's ESPN 1000, spewing out and out lies about how the Big Ten wants to charge everybody for running it and labelling it as a Big Ten Tax. The customer and money loss must be staggering as the commercials have increased as football season went into basketball season. In these ads Comcast says that customers should not have to pay for channels they do not want, ignoring what they are already doing to their customers on their tiers.They have run other ads as a change of pace, saying the BTN does not have that many games and most of the good games are on Comcast. Well, the Illini football team had LOTS of good games and many of those were on the BTN, particularly early in the season. Basketball? Well, the Illini are having a down year. Still, I enjoy watching them and the BTN has more Illini basketball games than Comcast EVER did.So, my suggestion to you all is to **STOP FEEDING THE PIG!**Direct TV is great, and so is the Big Ten network.

billing

from alpharetta

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

the worst company to deal .
if I can give no star I will -1000 stars

Worst cutomer service

from Stuart, Fl

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have had Comcast for about 20 years. Connection was always ok. But when you have problems with billing or removing services, you get put on hold or are disconnected. They were billing me for a home security package for 6 years that I never signed up for. I tried to have tv service disconnected and just keep internet, I never got thru. I had to send them a certified letter stating that I wanted service disconnected and that I was not going to pay them any longer.

comcast employee cut at&t internet wires and dish tv

from houston tx

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

would not let comcast run wires through my yard criminal act by comcast employee

Mediocre Service @ High Prices

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have both tv and internet service through Comcast. My services have not been the greatest, yet my bill has done nothing but increase. Installation was a nightmare. Not only was my cable package wrong, but it literally took 5 phone calls and 2 managers to get my internet installed! Since having service installed, I have been somewhat satisfied at best. I occasionally get a message on my screen saying there is a connection error (at least once a week) and without doing anything, it will start working again after about an hour. However, my biggest complaint is their prices. I don't watch a lot of shows and therefore don't pay for premium channels, yet my bill is still almost $200 every month. I've called to try to reduce my bill only to be told that nothing can be done to lower it other than to cancel service. Unfortunately, no other cable provider is available in my area.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would never have Comcast again!

from Detroit, Michigan

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had Comcast for years and the bill just kept going up and up and I was on the low income plan. My service was good and even in storms, I wouldn't lose it, but the price factor is huge and I switched companies and haven't looked back!

You get what you pay for

from greenwood, indiana

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had comcast for years because it was the cheapest deal in my town. I kept it only for this reason soon as i started making more money i switched. The worst problem is customer service if for any reason you have problems it will take multiple calls to customer service before the problem will be fixed.

Okay for awhile

from Washington, D.C.

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I used Comcast cable/phone/internet services when I just moved in my home. The cable works great however I had quite a few issues with the internet going in and out from time to time. I called and they replaced our router box twice because they claimed the box was faulty. How about just use new boxes and stop recycling old ones!!!! And that's not it. My phone service never worked properly.... People would say that they were calling me and the line was either busy or kept ringing to no answer. I never heard it ring by the way, and YES the lines and phone were fine it was the service. Sometimes if pick up the phone to a buzzing sound or dead silence so I just stopped using it. I was paying for a triple bundle service that I wasn't fully able to use so I wasn't too happy about that, but I really needed the service until I came across something better with a reasonable deal in my area and I did. Thank god!!!! I Switched to RCN and I am never looking back. Everything works perfectly + it was a better rate for more. No issues whatsoever.

Pretty good service

from Jacksonville FL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

When watching Comcast television shows I sometimes need to use the on-demand feature to catch up on the show I missed. When doing this I take note of the length of the show and whether the show can be fast forwarded through commercials. I try to not watch shows that can't be fast forwarded but occasionally it's necessary. If I wait more than a week, some shows have less commercials and show up as a shorter time than they had when originally aired. Lately I've noticed that Comcast lies about the length of the shows it shows on on-demand. One hour shows are presented as 45 minutes, but when viewed, the on-demand show continues to stretch out in time to 55 to 56 minutes in length. They pretend to cut commercials but really do not. I suppose this stops a lot of people from buying DVR's.

Buzz Lightyear would not approve of this xfinity

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

The only aspect of Comcast that I liked was that they offer "hot spots" where your phone, laptop, etc can connect to xfinity wifi at random locations outside of your place of residence. On the contrary, there were many aspects of Comcast that I did not like. For instance, my girlfriend and I both have separate apartments and we both had various issues connecting to the internet. I would literally be in the same room as the router/modem and I would have very poor connection. Additionally, there were numerous times that I had to turn off or reset the modem and router in hopes that it would fix internet issues (which it often did not). We called Comcast to have an employee come directly to the apartment to attempt to fix these issues, however, Comcast said they were going to have to charge us if we were to have a technician come to the apartment.

Could be better

from NJ

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I actually found this service to be ok in the beginning. It's not that Comcast didn't provide great shows and excellent service, but when it came to the internet or connection issues, Comcast had too many problems. I really didn't like that they removed a few shows after adding a few. I felt it was very unfair since many of the shows like Spike TV was on for the longest time and now has ben removed. Some of the shows they asked for the regular box isn't even interesting. Mostly old episodes that I don't even care for. Yet, they take away the good ones.
Now for the internet, it either is working or goes super slow. I need the WiFi to work for my job and all other things, but if it's out than my business falls short that day. Therefore, I really don't think Comcast is super when it comes to connection or channels. However, for the purpose of free Norton for the computer, for the app and free hotspot, I do enjoy them!