2.5

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (29), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (7)

Good quality at a HUGE price!

I have been a customer (Internet and Cable) of Comcast Cable Company since a very long time now. Their service is quite good but it comes at a very high price. I have had my share of issues with the company but most of them have been resolved sooner or later. Comcast online and chat support is quite good, although I have had some bad experiences too. Another thing worth mentioning here is that there is a LONG waiting period when you call them, ALWAYS! May be they are under staffed but it does get annoying to be on hold for an hour or so. The internet speed is good and I have only had minor issues regarding that factor. Having said that, I would definitely change my service provider if I had a better option in my locality primarily because of their prices! I guess the only Pro for Comcast is the high internet speed. Everything else is a Con! My rating is purely on the basis of their High Speed Internet.

Stop Feeding The Pig!

We had Comcast for cable several years ago until we switched to DirectTV, because it had more and better channels and a lower price.The Comcast cable internet had worked ok even after their contract installers started a fire in my house. BUt that's another story.I've become much more aware of Comcast lately because of the well-publicized disputes (separate) between the Big Ten Network and Comcast and the NFL network and Comcast. The BTN and NFLN was to be included on Comcast's basic tier. Comcast wants to pout them on a sports tier.In its most simplest terms, Comcast wants to pass the cost of the networks on to its customers and the two networks think there is enough money in the middle to justify Comcast adding it. Many small cable companies already have.Obviously Comcast has lost customers over this and their stock price is tanking. Comcast has responded with commercials on large market radio stations, in Chicago it's ESPN 1000, spewing out and out lies about how the Big Ten wants to charge everybody for running it and labelling it as a Big Ten Tax. The customer and money loss must be staggering as the commercials have increased as football season went into basketball season. In these ads Comcast says that customers should not have to pay for channels they do not want, ignoring what they are already doing to their customers on their tiers.They have run other ads as a change of pace, saying the BTN does not have that many games and most of the good games are on Comcast. Well, the Illini football team had LOTS of good games and many of those were on the BTN, particularly early in the season. Basketball? Well, the Illini are having a down year. Still, I enjoy watching them and the BTN has more Illini basketball games than Comcast EVER did.So, my suggestion to you all is to **STOP FEEDING THE PIG!**Direct TV is great, and so is the Big Ten network.

Mediocre Service @ High Prices

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I have both tv and internet service through Comcast. My services have not been the greatest, yet my bill has done nothing but increase. Installation was a nightmare. Not only was my cable package wrong, but it literally took 5 phone calls and 2 managers to get my internet installed! Since having service installed, I have been somewhat satisfied at best. I occasionally get a message on my screen saying there is a connection error (at least once a week) and without doing anything, it will start working again after about an hour. However, my biggest complaint is their prices. I don't watch a lot of shows and therefore don't pay for premium channels, yet my bill is still almost $200 every month. I've called to try to reduce my bill only to be told that nothing can be done to lower it other than to cancel service. Unfortunately, no other cable provider is available in my area.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would never have Comcast again!

from Detroit, Michigan

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had Comcast for years and the bill just kept going up and up and I was on the low income plan. My service was good and even in storms, I wouldn't lose it, but the price factor is huge and I switched companies and haven't looked back!

You get what you pay for

from greenwood, indiana

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had comcast for years because it was the cheapest deal in my town. I kept it only for this reason soon as i started making more money i switched. The worst problem is customer service if for any reason you have problems it will take multiple calls to customer service before the problem will be fixed.

Okay for awhile

from Washington, D.C.

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I used Comcast cable/phone/internet services when I just moved in my home. The cable works great however I had quite a few issues with the internet going in and out from time to time. I called and they replaced our router box twice because they claimed the box was faulty. How about just use new boxes and stop recycling old ones!!!! And that's not it. My phone service never worked properly.... People would say that they were calling me and the line was either busy or kept ringing to no answer. I never heard it ring by the way, and YES the lines and phone were fine it was the service. Sometimes if pick up the phone to a buzzing sound or dead silence so I just stopped using it. I was paying for a triple bundle service that I wasn't fully able to use so I wasn't too happy about that, but I really needed the service until I came across something better with a reasonable deal in my area and I did. Thank god!!!! I Switched to RCN and I am never looking back. Everything works perfectly + it was a better rate for more. No issues whatsoever.

Pretty good service

from Jacksonville FL

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

When watching Comcast television shows I sometimes need to use the on-demand feature to catch up on the show I missed. When doing this I take note of the length of the show and whether the show can be fast forwarded through commercials. I try to not watch shows that can't be fast forwarded but occasionally it's necessary. If I wait more than a week, some shows have less commercials and show up as a shorter time than they had when originally aired. Lately I've noticed that Comcast lies about the length of the shows it shows on on-demand. One hour shows are presented as 45 minutes, but when viewed, the on-demand show continues to stretch out in time to 55 to 56 minutes in length. They pretend to cut commercials but really do not. I suppose this stops a lot of people from buying DVR's.

Buzz Lightyear would not approve of this xfinity

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

The only aspect of Comcast that I liked was that they offer "hot spots" where your phone, laptop, etc can connect to xfinity wifi at random locations outside of your place of residence. On the contrary, there were many aspects of Comcast that I did not like. For instance, my girlfriend and I both have separate apartments and we both had various issues connecting to the internet. I would literally be in the same room as the router/modem and I would have very poor connection. Additionally, there were numerous times that I had to turn off or reset the modem and router in hopes that it would fix internet issues (which it often did not). We called Comcast to have an employee come directly to the apartment to attempt to fix these issues, however, Comcast said they were going to have to charge us if we were to have a technician come to the apartment.

Could be better

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I actually found this service to be ok in the beginning. It's not that Comcast didn't provide great shows and excellent service, but when it came to the internet or connection issues, Comcast had too many problems. I really didn't like that they removed a few shows after adding a few. I felt it was very unfair since many of the shows like Spike TV was on for the longest time and now has ben removed. Some of the shows they asked for the regular box isn't even interesting. Mostly old episodes that I don't even care for. Yet, they take away the good ones.
Now for the internet, it either is working or goes super slow. I need the WiFi to work for my job and all other things, but if it's out than my business falls short that day. Therefore, I really don't think Comcast is super when it comes to connection or channels. However, for the purpose of free Norton for the computer, for the app and free hotspot, I do enjoy them!

Poor Billing and record keeping Problems

from East Ridge Tennessee

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I had service with comcast Cable for many years. I had a business account till about 2014. I change it to a person account in Aug 2014. The rate was changed. Paid it for a month or two then it went up. They tried ti charge more than agreed too. Finally got it straight. Then again they went up. Talked to the Chattanooga Business office and they
agreed on an amount and I was to closed the account in Dec. 2014. Paid the last bill. Never got another bill. A year later without any notice they turned a bill for $117 over to Steller Collection Co. They posted on my credit immediately.an 2015. They never billed or called for almost a year. Only got one email bill asking me if I was that person. After the argument I paid Comcast what they claimed I owed them to get it off my credit. They promised to get it removed in 72 hours. 4 months later and several calls to Steller Collection and a complaint to Credit reporting companies I finally got it off my credit. Now car insurance comes due and because of the Seller Collection company my car insurance goes up. If you do business with either company get something in writing before you pay anything or change your plan with Comcast. The business office and the personal internet is two separate place. I will never do business with Comcast again. And the Steller Collection Co. has bad collection practices. Never should be allowed to post anything on your credit before they have event tried to collect a debt. Their staff is rude and uncaring and Their tactics are to post on your credit and hope you find it an they don't event have to call or bill you first. Check your credit monthly with Credit Karma its free.

not what we signed up for

from drexel hill pa

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

I signed up for Comcast last August, woman I signed up with gave me a great offer so I left Verizon. It went down hill from there it took 5 time to set up my service so that is five time someone had to be home . As of this week it is finally working right 7 months . Now the billing they have charged me a different price each month and when you call the change and then it goes on on .As of today I am paying $55 a month more than what I signed up for and I signed up for a 12 month deal they say now is 24! do not trust them when call

comcast

from meridian ms

Comments about Comcast Cable Company:

Comcast been with them over 10years. Great services they fix my problem fast but the prices or high and I think it to much to be paying when not that much come on the channel