2.6

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (18), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

I love the service, but I can't believe others reviews

I have NEVER had a single problem with charter service, and I've been with them for years.  I love the service I get from charter.  I cant believe some of the reviews that I've read.  The employees dont lie, you just think they do. Your not happy by what they say.  Just because they can't jump through hoops and make you the happiest person alive because your missing one channel and you want 3 months taken off of your bill, you think they're lying.  In reality think of how much every single channel costs.  Also, think of how much your cable costs each day.  I've seen so many reviews that state that its so expensive.  Also, I'd like to know how many of you started screaming at the person that you got on the line.  You have the right be upset, you have the right to be frusterated.  But do you have to scream at the person and call them foul names?  How far do you think your going to get by using foul language?  The representative has the right to disconnect the call when you start swearing at them, and most of them will put up with it for quite a while.    I know that American Idol is very important to you, but every company has to pick their battles you know.  Which do you think is more important, a customer missing 1 or 2 channels, or a customer that is missing their telephone service?

Charter is overpriced with spotty service.

We did not have much of a choice when we got charter because it was either Charter or satellite because nothing else is available in our area. We got crappy reception way to often and we even had the digital service. I did like all the free stuff you could access through ondemand but that alone was not enough for us to keep it. I have never wanted to use a satellite service but have switched from Charter to satellite because I just hated how often the recetion was crappy. It was weird because the picture would go black & white a lot and the sound would be out of sync and this happened randomly an any channel and even occured in the ondemand. I also dropped there internet service because my old free dial up service through netzero was faster and more reliable than there so called high speed service. I also switched to a satellite internet service. Anything has got to be better to be stuck with lame old charter.

Charter is great

from Livingston Louisiana

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have charter have had it almost 2 years locked price for 2 years if I have issues I call and no problems in helping me

Not many complaints here

from Landrum, SC

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Charter is expensive. Let's just put that out there right now. It is very, very expensive. My total bill is well over $220 a month. That includes internet, TV and home phone. It costs a lot. However, I do not have the trouble with my service that most people say that they have. I can count on one hand the number of times that my internet has been done over the course of 5 years. When problems do arise, they are fixed quickly. When the repair people have to come to your house, they are always courteous and polite. They arrive when they say they are going to arrive. There are always going to be service issues with these types of companies because that is just the way that it is but I have a lot less problems with Charter than I had with Directv. At least I can watch the cable when it is raining. My power goes out more often than any of my Charter services does.

I hate it!

from Michigan

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I recently decided to get cable because you can only watch so much Netflix. Well I really wanted to like it, but it was awful! The new guide took minutes to download and it was so expensive! I had it a week and called them and said I hated it and didn't want to be charged for it.

They did comply and were really nice about it but I still canceled it.

Overpriced slow service

from Missoula, MT

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have charter for my wireless internet service in my home. When I signed up 3 years ago as a new customer I received a good deal. My promotional price was 29.99 a month for 100 mbs, that is pretty good for internet service in my opinion. After having it installed I noticed that my internet connection would lag significantly when more than one device was connected to wifi at the same time. This problem continued and got so bad at some points that I would have to restart devices to be able to connect to wifi. After a year my promotional price dropped off and my new bill was 49.99. After my third year with charter my bill was up to 69.99! That was when I had had enough. Paying almost 70$ a month for internet that clearly doesn't operate at 100 mbs is outrageous.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Would use again.

from Jasper, AL

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

We don't use Charter at the moment because we live in an at&t area finally but years ago, Charter was the only thing we could get in the areas that we lived in and that was a lifesaver. We did the bundle, although we didn't use the house phone, other than when my wife's mother called daily, it was nice to have in case something ever happened to our cell phones. The tv was nice, it had the channels we watched, as long as Disney and Nickelodeon was there, that's all we cared about, with having two very small children. The internet was the most important thing we had to have, or else my wife would have left a long time ago, just joking! It was a huge lifesaver for her though! The prices wasn't too bad, the service was good, it all equaled out and we were happy customers.

Slow and spotty

from Denton, TX

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have used charter for years! It's usually the only service available in my area so I don't have a choice. They're prices are decent but their service is slow! The internet is the worst at night. I like the on demand service but it's also slow at responding and has low variety.

Overall Okay

from Ishpeming, MI

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Charter Spectrum is the only Cable TV provider in my area, so I've used them for 10+ years. I'm overall happy with the channel line-up and the service. But I have had my fair share of problems with my internet and cable in the past. I'm on my third DVR box in 2 years . Had it switched out once and the "new" one they gave me looked older than the one I turned in. Had problems with that one, too, until finally my internet was out and I needed tech support. While he was here, I had him switch out the DVR box and finally- a box that works. But yeah, he told me that they do "recycle" the boxes. So if someone turns one in with a problem, I'm skeptical as to whether they even do anything with it, or just wrap it back up and put it back out there to be given to someone else.
All that being said, I do get all the channels I need and want. It's kind of expensive, but I imagine all cable TV is expensive. You don't get the bundle deals that they show in the commercials past the first year.

Good service, little high price wise

from plainwell, MI

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

The price is a bit high for the value. But it's nice to have internet, TV and phone bundled all into one instead of having three different providers. Service is 50/50. On the phone it take a while to get to a 'real' person. Some problems with channels are to be expected. and internet service is spotty sometimes.

Horrible compay to deal with!

from Sturgeon Bay WI

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

So I have a seasonal home, I have had Charter in the past and they never had any seasonal options. Full bill or cancel. After years of complaints, I received an offer letter in the mail that offered some seasonal options. So, I called to take advantage of the new policy. Ahhhh, the truth comes out, they are not ready for the roll out yet as they can't support the security systems. We would think that they would honor the pricing, but that's not true. I could not take the plan yet as advertised, my options were pay the full amount or cancel in full. I think cancel in full is the best bet with this company. Love to cut the cord!

I will never get rid of my Charter cable!!

from Waxahachie,Tx

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I never have any issues, and for once my bill actually stays the same every month. It is awesome!!