2.6

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

I love the service, but I can't believe others reviews

I have NEVER had a single problem with charter service, and I've been with them for years.  I love the service I get from charter.  I cant believe some of the reviews that I've read.  The employees dont lie, you just think they do. Your not happy by what they say.  Just because they can't jump through hoops and make you the happiest person alive because your missing one channel and you want 3 months taken off of your bill, you think they're lying.  In reality think of how much every single channel costs.  Also, think of how much your cable costs each day.  I've seen so many reviews that state that its so expensive.  Also, I'd like to know how many of you started screaming at the person that you got on the line.  You have the right be upset, you have the right to be frusterated.  But do you have to scream at the person and call them foul names?  How far do you think your going to get by using foul language?  The representative has the right to disconnect the call when you start swearing at them, and most of them will put up with it for quite a while.    I know that American Idol is very important to you, but every company has to pick their battles you know.  Which do you think is more important, a customer missing 1 or 2 channels, or a customer that is missing their telephone service?

Charter is overpriced with spotty service.

We did not have much of a choice when we got charter because it was either Charter or satellite because nothing else is available in our area. We got crappy reception way to often and we even had the digital service. I did like all the free stuff you could access through ondemand but that alone was not enough for us to keep it. I have never wanted to use a satellite service but have switched from Charter to satellite because I just hated how often the recetion was crappy. It was weird because the picture would go black & white a lot and the sound would be out of sync and this happened randomly an any channel and even occured in the ondemand. I also dropped there internet service because my old free dial up service through netzero was faster and more reliable than there so called high speed service. I also switched to a satellite internet service. Anything has got to be better to be stuck with lame old charter.

Charter Cable is stealing back channels already paid for...

from DFW TX

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

After a few years of paying for cable service on 2 different accounts Charter took INSP from my line up. They didn't notify me that they would be taking the channel from me. They never dropped my total bill and they didn't offer to give me anything in exchange for the channel. That is one of my accounts that Charter is stealing one of my channels from.

My other account is my home account. I didn't want to buy Charter for my home but one day about 2 years back a sales rep showed up at my house and offered me a good deal. I told her that I would not buy Charter Cable unless my package included RFDTV. After she made several calls to her office she assured me that RFDTV would be included with my Charter Cable account. I signed up and enjoyed Charter Cable until 2 weeks ago. Guess what? Charter dropped, stole, RFDTV from my account. And just like my office account Charter never informed me of this. They never gave me anything in exchange. They never adjusted my bill.

Two different accounts - channels from both accounts that I paid for and continue to pay for have been stolen by Charter.

the only cable company for me

from Taylors sc

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have used charter for years. they are friendly, helpful and they always make it right. they go the extra mile to take care of their customers. i cant see myself with any other cable compnay ever

0/5

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

First, let me state that I don't use Charter for anything except internet. I live in a decent sized city where Charter is a monopoly. The internet has been decent but when it goes out, it goes out for a long time. I use it for my laptop, cell phone, and TV. However, I never use it for all electronics at once. I have called Charter multiple times and have been extremely annoyed each time. The representatives know nothing and often have to get their managers/supervisors to answer what I believe are simple questions. Charter has changed my bill each month without warning, called me multiple times a week from another state to offer me more services, has charged me fees for things that I don't need, and sends me junk mail every month. If you have any other internet options in your area, I would choose them. I never write reviews but I can't help but warn others of the frustration that surrounds Charter Spectrum and it's poor service.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would stay clear and avoid charter communication services

from Wahoo, NE

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I had services for 6 months but they gave me a huge run around when I wanted to cancel because I was moving out of town for a new job. They never honored my request to pick up their equipment and they never sent a return label or anything but they sure we're happy to keep charging me for their equipment that I was no longer using and they refused to credit my account until their merchandise was in their hands. I was told that the nearest charter office was only a dispatch office and I would need to drive nearly 200 miles to return my equipment. Needless to say I am never doing business with or recommending charter services to anyone!

I miss Charter cable

from Nahsville,TN

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

My wife and I lived in s/e Williamson County,TN, and had Charter cable for several years. Never, never had a seconds worth of trouble. We moved to west Nashville, where Comcast is---yuck! We miss Charter cable, and wish they would buy out Comcast!

Charter Screwed Me

from Lebanon, TN

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have had Charter for many many years. I have never had any problems until recently! My billjmped by $40 after a promotion was over, no problem. I totally understand! But now they are saying I have a balance of almost $500!!! I have never been late on a payment. I do not watch PPV or order anything that has additional charges. I was charged for transferring my service to a new residence AFTER being told I wouldn't. Needless to say, I am now looking elsewhere for my services!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good Value

from Mount Carbon, WV

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I had this company in the past and the service was great and the price was very good. There were very few interruptions in service. It was a great value overall for all of the channels I received. I highly recommend this company.

How can a communications company have such a poor website?

from Montana

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have only had internet service through this company for six months and already I have had problems with their billing and website three times. The customer service reps have always been friendly and helpful but I can never access my account and their "website is experiencing difficulties" all the time. I recently got charged late fees AGAIN, and once again when I tried to access my account online to see what the problem was with my automatic bill pay, it was down. Unfortunately in MT we don't have options for internet. The choices or bad, worse, or the worst.

Degraded TV Services

from Reno, Nevada

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have been A Charter TV/Cable/Phone user for a long time and their "New" but not better Spectrum TV service is absolutely terrible and I would imagine that Dish and Direct TV are drooling. Approximately two weeks ago, Charter changed their TV software for a limited area in Reno, which impacted me. They went from a tried and true system to a system that has less features and is significantly slower, and in some instances more cumbersome to use.

1. They no longer allow for setting reminders for future programs. They say they are working on this but don't give a time table.

2, In "On-Demand,' they longer include, for TV programs along with movies, "My rentals," which, to me was an attractive feature whereby I would select various program episodes that went into "My Rentals" for 24 hours for watching. They now have a ":Watchlist," (which has problems as further discussed below), but it is not an adequate substitution because of these problems and because more time is necessary to get to a specific program.

3. Under the Old "Charter" programing, you could go into the guide and select sports, a given sport and then scroll through future hours and days to look only for such sport. Instead of this they now have a "search" feature, which a representative indicated accommodates the old future program search for a program category. It is burdensome, you have to add one letter at a time. Further, it doesn't work like the old system and is very inadequate. it does purportedly list shows presently on or that will appear in the future (as otherwise in the future 10 days or so guide). However, it fails to show the network the date and time. Thus, you have to check each line item listed to find out abut the date and time. This is presently cumbersome and nonsensical, which will be even worse if there are a lot of weekly listing. Example, in baseball season, there will probably be hundreds of line items and this new search feature will be ridiculous.

(continued)

Charter TV Tiling

from Stevens Point, WI

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Constant tiling & freezing of screen. Techs have been out many times and no one can fix it. But the bill keeps coming on schedule. Had tv on for over an hour this morning & could not see anything but tiling the entire time. Now they say there is an area wide problem from Wisconsin to Georgia that could take weeks to resolve. I totally detest Charter, but nothing else available in my area.