2.6

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (18), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

I love the service, but I can't believe others reviews

I have NEVER had a single problem with charter service, and I've been with them for years.  I love the service I get from charter.  I cant believe some of the reviews that I've read.  The employees dont lie, you just think they do. Your not happy by what they say.  Just because they can't jump through hoops and make you the happiest person alive because your missing one channel and you want 3 months taken off of your bill, you think they're lying.  In reality think of how much every single channel costs.  Also, think of how much your cable costs each day.  I've seen so many reviews that state that its so expensive.  Also, I'd like to know how many of you started screaming at the person that you got on the line.  You have the right be upset, you have the right to be frusterated.  But do you have to scream at the person and call them foul names?  How far do you think your going to get by using foul language?  The representative has the right to disconnect the call when you start swearing at them, and most of them will put up with it for quite a while.    I know that American Idol is very important to you, but every company has to pick their battles you know.  Which do you think is more important, a customer missing 1 or 2 channels, or a customer that is missing their telephone service?

Charter is overpriced with spotty service.

We did not have much of a choice when we got charter because it was either Charter or satellite because nothing else is available in our area. We got crappy reception way to often and we even had the digital service. I did like all the free stuff you could access through ondemand but that alone was not enough for us to keep it. I have never wanted to use a satellite service but have switched from Charter to satellite because I just hated how often the recetion was crappy. It was weird because the picture would go black & white a lot and the sound would be out of sync and this happened randomly an any channel and even occured in the ondemand. I also dropped there internet service because my old free dial up service through netzero was faster and more reliable than there so called high speed service. I also switched to a satellite internet service. Anything has got to be better to be stuck with lame old charter.

Ok product

from Wilmington,nc

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

They weren't willing to work with me on an issue I had. I asked several people and had to cancel my service. When I called to cancel they asked why- I explained my problem and they offered to fix it right then. They should offer their best service all of the time. Not when customers call to cancel

Charter is "OK"

from Burbank, ca

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

The internet service is pretty good. Sometimes, we loose the TV service for a few days but otherwise then that its good.

Rip off

from Rogers Heights Michigan

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Worse company ever Way over priced and treats regular customers unfairly Nice offers if you are a new customer I ended my services with them

This stuff sucked

from Texas

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Charter is horrible. Every time a sprinkle of rain drops internet is out for days. I'm so sick of coming home to no internet, I have work online and I can't afford to lose business because of it. The most unreliable internet source ever. I'm only give it one star because I can't give it zero.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I wouldn't use charter for anything but Internet.

from Morristown tn

No thanks

Wish I had more of a choice

from Massachusetts

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Our area does not have options for internet providers. The service is completely undependable. We tried to update some equipment one time; we bought the first item off of charter's list of compatible modems but could not get it to connect even with customer service. Recently they were blocking my usage with a request to accept the terms and conditions agreement, which I am still not sure wasn't just a phishing ploy because when I logged into my account there was no mention of needing to update this information.

CHARTER INTERNET

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have had charter Internet for about 6 months now and I'm beyond happy with my service. I haven't had any secret charges like I have had with other companies. The no contract is also a huge plus.

All services out... have to wait 2 days for tech

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I have been with Time Warner, now Spectrum, for almost 2 decades. I've never had any major issues. Any issues I had were resolved in a timely manner. I am currently without both of my services, TV and internet. After 3 hours on chat and the phone with 5 different persons, I have found out that I have to wait 2 days for a service tech. I was also told that techs are only available on weekends 8-4pm and there are no on call techs. I believe this is quite unacceptable. After being with a good company for so long, I've come to expect great service and apparently Spectrum is not planning on living up to that. I've decided that I'm going to purchase a Roku, sign up for Sling TV and find an alternate Internet provider. I'm very disappointed in the level of service I received from Spectrum. All I received was an apology and no service.

Absolutely horrible

from Massachusetts

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

I would NEVER recommend these scam artists to ANYONE . They hire incompetent rude employees that most of the time can BARELY speak english. They monopolize so you have NO CHOICE but to go through them. They charge an arm and a leg. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS and UNACCEPTABLE. Honestly i hope that charter goes out of business soon. I would LOVE to see that happen. And if you owe them a little bit of money..they start messing with your reception. It's childish

So glad we switched to Charter ♡

from Gadsden AL

Comments about Charter Cable TV:

Where do I begin lol .. we had Direct TV before and I've felt with other providers in the past.. This was the best for the money . We bundled cable, phone, and internet .. and with our cable we went to the silver package ( we get HBO Cinemax and Showtime for way less than basic costs with other providers. Oh did I mention when it rains WE STILL HAVE TV lol. The internet through them is fast and has really came in handy. I really can't believe we didn't switch sooner. Oh and NO contracts you can leave anytime. My whole family seems to better benefit from having Charter in our home.