Other Detergents:

Cons

Ultra Downy Somple Pleasures is Perfect but Expensive

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

This is one of the more expensive brands of fabric softener. Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare scent is absolutely amazing for my laundry. It smells great and no brand leaves my laundry softer than this Downy Simple Pleasures. It is great at leaving your laundry feeling so comfy. I use this brand on all of my laundry. I really like the way it makes my bath towels feel. I use this fabric softener on my blankets and it really makes them feel so fluffy. I sleep so good when I use this fabric softener on my blankets. The awesome scent it leaves to them to makes my whole room smell like the Spice Blossom Dare scent. It is so expensive though. It is not mean't for low income families. It's okay if you have a coupon.

This fabric softener more than exceeded my expectations and performed beyond any other brand I've used in the past.

The Spice Blossom Dare is perfectly scented. I wouldn't use any other brand after using this one.

Soft and Wonderful.

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

All the Downy products are really great, but I love this scent. It's a little spicy and flowery and very light. It's not such a strong smell that you walk around all day feeling like you're drenched in Downy. Downy is one of those products you know you can count on to work well every time. I have sometimes forgotten to add it to my laundry and have re-rinsed my clothes in order to use Downy on them.

In my experience, Downy is the best fabric softener available. It keeps clothes soft and static-free, and it rinses out well so the clothes don't feel like they are oily or saturated when you take them out of the dryer. I use it for all my clothes and fabrics, and I've never had had a problem with it at all.

This Downy spice blossom dare scent is excellent. It isn't cloying or overpowering at all. I love it for sheets and towels. It definitely makes sleeping and showering a little better.

Downey Simple Pleasures Spice Blossom Dare Softens Well

from Houston, TX

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

I usually prefer to use fabric softener sheets to control static cling, but I am fully aware that liquid fabric softeners offer superior treatment to make clothing feel softer. These liquids continue to be offered in exotic options and one of the many interesting choices on the market is Downey Simple Pleasures Spice Blossom Dare Fabric Softener.

Fabric Softener Facts and Commentary:

Downey Simple Pleasures Spice Blossom Dare Fabric Softener is a liquid fabric softener with a scent that combines spice and floral notes. It is strong, but no stronger than that of most other liquid fabric softeners and it is only slightly noticeable on clothing after removing from the dryer.

Downey Simple Pleasures Spice Blossom Dare Fabric Softener is, like other Downey products, very good at softening clothing and making it feel its best. It isn’t the best product at static cling elimination, but it isn’t too bad. As long as you do not use a fabric softener sheet along with this liquid, you will be able to smell the scent it leaves behind and most will find it to their liking. It isn’t overbearing, but you will notice it on clothing the moment you pull it from the dryer.

My Bottom Line:

Downey Simple Pleasures Spice Blossom Dare Fabric Softener is a good fabric softener, but not my favorite in the Downey lineup. I prefer the other Downey Simple Pleasures scents a little better than this one, but it really is a matter of preference. As long as you like the scent, you will find the softening ability of this fabric softener quite good and easily better than most other liquids. I’m still not going to give up my fabric softener sheets, but I do like this and the other Simple Pleasure products and I recommend them for regular use.

This fabric softener does a good job softening clothing.

The scent isn't bad, but I like the other Simple Pleasures options better.

Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom smells great

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

I use to use the Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures Lavander scent, but after a few years I got so sick of the Lavander scent I needed a change. After sniffing every brand and scent of fabric softner in the supermarket (people must of thought I was a crazy person), the Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures Spice Blossom was the ONLY one I liked the scent of, the others were just too bland or just gross. I have allergies and a lot of strong scents bother my nose a lot, I feel as if inside of my nose is on fire. I have had no problems with the scent and I have been using it for about 3 months now.

I do not find the scent overpowering at all, it is very pleasant. Downy fabric softners in general works great. My clothes come out of the wash/dryer nice and soft. My jeans however always comes out very scratchy and hard, I think that is due to my dryer just not liking jeans. But my shirts and socks feel great after being washed. Overall Downy is a great product and the Spice Blossom scent is refreshing.

Usually love all the Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures

from Mary Esther, FL

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

I have used downy fabric softener for many years. I love the Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures and saw this was a new and different fragrance so I decided to try it. It smelled a little strong in the store but I figured after the dryer, the fragrance would lighten up a bit. My clothes were still really soft as I would always expect from downy and no problem with static in the clothes as usual with downy. I just really didn't like this fragrance in my clothes. Downy is always my number one pick of all the liquid fabric softeners as well as the dryer sheets when I use them. I had to make sure not to use this particular fragranced downy on my husbands work clothes as he doesn't like the smell either and doesn't want all the "guys" to comment on his clothes and their smell. I am sure to each his own as far as the fragrance but I personally have found this particular fragrance to not be one of my purchases in the future. I am still partial to the original downy.

Downy Fabric Softener a Let Down

from Oregon, IL

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

I usually do not use fabric softener, but I wanted to try something new. I picked up the Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures in Spice Blossom Dare scent. When I opened the bottle, I thought I would love the final result - it smelled really great...fresh and clean and good. However, the final product is overpowering. Thankfully, I just did a load of blankets that we didn't need to use right away, because the scent was so strong that it wafted up from the laundry room and infiltrated the entire house with it's headache inducing aroma! Plus, one of my boys rolled around with a blanket before I rewashed them and he ended up with a rash on all his exposed skin. It took two trips through the washing machine to remove the smell completely. Although I am sure it is a very good fabric softener, the smell is too strong to use on clothing on a regular basis. I would walk around with a headache all the time!

Love the smell

from Teaneck, NJ

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

Luv this products. The smell of my clothing is awesome. My family enjoy the sent also. On added note I also used this product in warm water and freshen up my house by wiping the walls, furniture for a nice smell. Also Mopping th floors and carpet. Gret all thru the house.

wanted to try something new

from Moorhead, MN

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

I have never really used a fabric softer before. But I got marries this summer and my wife and I had gift-cards we we decided to try this out. We were pleasingly surprised and have sense bought more when we need it. Remember to also but a Downy ball, its required. the smell is not to strong and that is what i was was worried about. You can smell the scent when you are pouring it into the ball and when moving the clothes to the dryer and thats about it. The clothes are softer when theyare done I noticed. mostly for my sweatshirts the inside of them used to be a lot more scratchy and that problem and been resolved.

The price is decent the product seems to last for a few months Though i do about a load a week. So some people might use a lot more of it.

The towels are also fluffier for a longer amout of time when sitting in the closet, which is a nice suprise when grabbing new towels for a shower.

I highly reccomnd this product only becuase I have had a good experince with it.

ANother great fragrance from Downy...

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures: Spice Blossom Dare:

I have tried all of the downy fabric softeners i think ever made, and this one is another good one from them. I don't use as much as some, because the fragrance is a little stronger than some of the other scents downy offers. But all in all a great buy with a pleasant scent and softness.