Other Detergents:

Downy Ultra April Fresh

Pros

Cons

Smells so Good!

I have always been a Bounce Dryer Sheet user, then one day I got a great coupon to try this new Downy Ultra April Fresh. Now I love this Downy! It smells great, softens our clothes and prevents static. This New Downy's scent actually lasts longer so I really love using it on towels and sheets.

Downy is not the cheapest on the shelf at the stores but there is good reason for that, it's concentrated so you don't have to use as much and the scent lasts much longer than bargain brands.

I never thought I'd be a liquid Downy user...but here I am. I am now one of those people that smells the fresh laundry when it gets done, I just love that fresh Downy scent. This Downy is safe in all machines (I have a HE washer/dryer). Give this newest Downy a try.

New Downy April Fresh scent is DISGUSTING!!!!!

The new Downy April Fresh scent is the most disgusting thing I have every smelled!!  Thank goodness I smelled it before I actually poured it into my laundry!  It immediately set off my allergies and almost made me physically ill.  I have used Downy April Fresh for many, many years and even got several family members to start using it because of its light, clean smell.  This new scent is overpowering and sickenly sweet!!!  It smells like cheap perfume on top of sweat!!!   I am so sick of manufacturers trying to "improve" their products, by ruining their old ones!  I don't understand why P&G didn't just start a new line with those stinky scent beads so that people could choose to buy if they wanted (although I don't know why ANYONE would CHOOSE this scent!!), instead of trying to force it upon unsuspecting consumers.  Had they called their new scent "April Crap" then i would have known not to buy it!!! But they used the old scent name of "April Fresh" and IT IS NOT!!!  I am immediately taking mine back to the store for a refund and will start trying to find a new softener to use.  Stupid move P&G! I only gave one star on this because I had to before it would let me publish my review.  Otherwise, I would have given it as low of a negative star as possible!!!

Softest Clothes Ever!

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy Formula
  • Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • No Allergic Reactions
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Home
    • Laundry Room
    • Travel

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

Using Downy April Fresh Fabric Softener is the best fabric softener out there! It leaves the clothes smelling very good even when they sit in the closet for weeks after they have been washed. All the clothes are always so soft when they come out and always have a pleasant scent. It smells clean but it is not too overpowering. I have used other scents from Downy, but I find that this is the one I seem to gravitate towards when I am at the store! I love it! This is such an amazing product and I never seem to buy any other brand! You can usually buy Downy in different sized containers, usually measured by how many loads. I buy the biggest one I can find because I am a mother, and mothers do a lot of laundry. I wouldn't do laundry without Downy Liquid Fabric Softener!

Average Fabric Softner

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

I was a frequent user of the Downy Ultra April Fresh but decided to give up on it and move on to another product on their line which in my opinion is way better (it is called Downy Unstopables).

The problem with this specific fabric softner is that it does not really work that well. Once you take out your clothes from the washing machine to transfer to the drying machine, you can smell the great scent. But that all goes away once you take your clothes out of the dryer - you can't really smell anything and it certainly does not stick to the clothing long enough. Moreover, I don't feel that the clothes were softer. I sometimes forgot to put fabric softner in my load and would notice how the clothes came out when I do so - when I would use the fabric softner, I couldn't really tell the difference.

If you are looking for a fabric softner, I would suggets to try Downy's new line called Downy Unstopables - the scent is wonderful (they have various ones) and it lasts a long time.

An oldie but a goodie

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

Sometimes newer isn't always better. With all the designer softeners out there now, its nice to use a classic like this one. A wonderful Spring-like scent with great softening power, I was very pleased with the results. I sometimes fall into the habit of buying the off brand because of my budget, but with this Downy you actually save money because you need LESS of the product to get great results.

This softener works so very well at keeping all my linens and delicates soft and pliable. During the winter months with my furnace constantly being on, my clothes came out of the dryer in a huge ball. This is a great way to keep your clothes from bunching altogether, thus lessening your dry time.

Its as if the laundry aisles are perfume counters now, with all these designer scents in the fabric softeners. This simple formula is a classic. Softly floral with a nice silky texture to it, this is a winner. I know this may seem a bit corny, but it reminds me of those first few days of Spring. It stayed on my clothes through the dryer and stayed on my clothes so I could even smell it during the day.

Great product

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

I give Downy a ten out of ten because they have always been the number one fabric softener as far as liquids go. I have been using Downy all my life and the quality has remained as superior as always. They have a great product that always keeps your clothes super soft and flexible. They do not wear and tear on the fabric or weaken the strands so the quality of fabric is not diminished by its use. It has a great scent that keeps the clothes smelling fresh and clean much longer than just detergent could do. I always have some of this on hand and use it on all different types of clothes (cottons, denim, khaki, etc) and always get the same wonderful results. The only bad thing is that it adds an extra step to your laundry routine, but the results are well worth the extra thirty seconds! This is a great product that everyone should use on their laundry. I definitely recommend trying it if you do not use it regularly.

Downy april fresh

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

I love this stuff, why did they stop putting it on the shelves! I used this fabric softener for years and then my store just stopped carrying it. I do not know if they stopped making it or if my store just didn't sell enough of it, but I miss it. It made all of my laundry so incredibly soft and fluffy and my clothes just looked better using this. I also had almost no static cling with this softener. There was also the wonderful scent and the way it made my clothes smell. My sheets would keep the smell for the whole week in between washes.

Downy is one of the best fabric softeners I have ever used. It gets rid of static cling and keeps clothes super soft and fluffy. I loved how all my items felt after getting them out of the wash. It made the clothes look fresh and kept them looking new longer.

Love this flower scent! It really stays with your laundry too. It is not too strong or overpowering, just the right amount of scent.

Great Smelling Classic

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

I adore Downy and it is my favorite brand of fabric softener. Their April Fresh variety is one that I return to over and over again because it is just so good.

This scent shares the same great formula as their other varieties and does a wonderful job of softening clothes. I never, ever get a stiff, scratchy towel after using this even with my hard water. Clothes, sheets, blankets, towels - everything comes out beautifully soft. It always washes completely clean and never leaves a greasy residue as some brands tend to.

The scent is ideal for everyone. It is fresh and clean without being too overwhelming or floral. It's also ideal for those guys who don't like to use a fabric softener since it smells too "girly". This just has a fresh scent, like fresh, clean clothes.

I definitely highly recommend this. Their April Fresh scent has been around for ages and is a classic for a reason - everyone loves it! It works well and smells great!

This fabric softener will leave clothes smelling fresh

from north augusta sc

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

The downy fabric softener is an amazing product that will keep clothes smelling fresh for a long time after use! I have been using downy fabric softener for years along with the detergent and I have not been disappointed. A little bit of the fabric softener goes a long way. I only use one cap of the product and it works wonders on clothes. I would not use this product if you have a sensitivity to fabric softeners. I noticed that my son was itching his arms when he was wearing his clothes. I narrowed down the problems to this fabric softener and his symptoms went away when I stopped using it. However, I have used the free of dyes and perfumes fabric softeners and they work great! I love the smell of clean clothes after a full load of laundry and the downy fabric softener helps. This product is very cost effective compared to other fabric softeners. I recommend this product to help keeping clothes smell fresh! Buy the free of dyes and perfumes if you have sensitive skin.

Helps make clothes smell great!

Far from the best, but is okay

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

My family has used Downy Fabric Softener since I was a child, but I never realized until I started during my own laundry that this product isn't the best available. The scent of this product is very strong and the only way to reduce it is to use less, but if I use less liquid then my clothes aren't as soft. I use about 2 top fulls for each load. By using this amount I am able to do about 12 loads with the 19 ounce bottle. When I use this fabric softener it is essential that I use cold water in the rinsing cycle. When I used warm water during the rinsing cycle my clothes were very stiff and my socks were very rough feeling. This product does an okay job of making my clothes soft under the perfect guidelines. The one thing that I've noticed about this product is that I find my self having to iron or steam my clothes more often after I remove them from the dryer. I find this odd because when I use other softeners I rarely have to steam or iron clothes if I fold them after removing from the dryer.

Makes my bed feel so comfy.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

This made my sheets and bedspread so soft and comfortable it was hard to get up in the morning. My pillow cases even felt significantly smoother on my face. My socks felt really nice when I went for a jog and regular cotton t shirts were great to sleep in. It really made me feel good when I wore my old clothes to the grocery store. My daughter said that her feet felt itchy, but I think it may have just been a coincidence because she was fine wearing the rest of her clothes. This was a little expensive, and I am not sure if I will repurchase unless I find a coupon for it. I ran out of it pretty fast, but I do a lot of laundry.

This leaves everything super soft and really satisfying to put on.

It smells really nice and clean and lingers for a day or two. The smell of it is actually comforting if you're feeling sad and lay down in your bed. It makes me drowsy and I seem to fall asleep quicker.

Great scent and makes clothes soft!

Comments about Downy Ultra April Fresh:

I absolutely love Downy products. Having clean, great smelling clothes is a big thing in our house. Laundry day is Friday and I love the way the whole house smells like clean laundry, and everyone notices. I have no doubts our use of Downy Ultra April Fresh contributes to the fantastic scent. I always use Downy when washing clothes. It makes our clothes feel soft. Did I mention how great our clean clothes smell? Some of the laundry soaps now come with Downy added, but there is no replacement for adding Downy separately to the wash. The laundry soap with Downy just doesn't give the same feeling that adding Downy separately does. Other fabric softeners just aren't as good smelling or don't leave the clothes as soft as Downy does. I have sensitive skin and have never had an issue with using this product. Downy Ultra April Fresh is great in combination with original Tide and original scented Gain. Don't know what I'd do without this fabric softener!