4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Downy Orchid Allure is a Simple Fabric Softening Pleasure

Scent is one of the main attractants to any fabric softener so it isn’t surprising that manufacturers have continued to add new and better scents to their lineups over the past few years. Several of these scents have really set themselves apart and one excellent example is **Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Fabric Softener.**

**Fabric Softener Facts and Commentary:**

Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Fabric Softener is a highly aromatic fabric softener that stands out in the pack for its great scent. Unscrewing the cap releases an amazing scent that is very pleasant, alluring, and unforgettable. It fills the air with its aroma in much the same way as an air freshener and it smells so nice, many will completely forget any of its other qualities.

Downy Simple Pleasures makes several different products and most every one of them is most memorable for its great scent, so it isn’t surprising that this one smells as fresh as it does. Along with the scent is the ability to soften clothing and make it more touchable and wearable than usual. Other fabric softeners have similar abilities, but few can match the softening ability of Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Fabric Softener.

Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Fabric Softener isn’t cheap, but it is reasonably easy to find and is sold in the same places where Downy is usually found. The product is more concentrated than the usual and that helps to make the price a little more bearable than it would otherwise be,

**My Bottom Line:**

Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Fabric Softener is a very freshly scented fabric softening liquid that makes clothing look and smell its best. It makes a positive first impression mainly due to its scent, but it is also very good for its ability to soften clothing and prevent static cling. I agree that the price is high, but this is still a very good fabric softener with many great things to offer.

Very Strong Scent

I really like Downy's fabric softener products and they are the brand I purchase the most but their Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener was not good!

This does do a...Read complete review

This does do a very good job of softening your clothes and leaving them soft and static free but the problem comes with the scent. It is just way too overpowering. It's very, very strong. I should have known from the name alone that it would have a floral scent but I never expected it to be so strong. It was immediately headache inducing just after opening the bottle. I used some in my wash hoping that the scent would dissipate a bit after an entire wash cycle and trip through the dryer. Unfortunately the scent remained and remained very strong. If you really like flowers then this is a great option but if you are at all sensitive to smells this is not for you.

Beyond the scent I really like the bottle design. It's small and easy to carry and takes up zero room on my laundry shelf. I keep it around only because I use it whenever I'm washing something to give away to Goodwill.

So, I really cannot recommend this. It's a great idea but the scent is just too overwhelming.

Awesome scent

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

I love this stuff. My mom bought this kind and after my son spent the night with her she washed his dirty clothes and sent them back in a bag. After she left I kept smelling something really good and it ended up being the clothes she washed. I asked her what she used and went out and bought a bottle for myself. Our clothes come out smelling great and the scent stays with the clothes right up until the next wash. You only need a tiny bit to soften the clothes and achieve the good smell. When my dryer is running it makes my house smell good too. I'm obsessed with orchid so this is the perfect scent. The only thing I do not reccomend this for is towels. I used it on some towels and it was hard to get my towel to dry my skin off because of the softener.

The clothes come out very soft and never seem to wrinkle either. I love using it on blankets because they make them super soft.

If you don't love highly scented clothes this is not for you. Every kind of fabric holds the scent for a very long time. It's kind of a home freshener also.

Awesome!

from Edina, MN

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

I love the Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener. It has a fabulous scent that I have not seen in other brands. It adds a great, fresh, invigorating scent to your clothing and makes everyday washing funner and more enjoyable. Everything is better with a great scent added to it. I like that it is concentrated as their other products are, and a small amount goes a long way. You don't need to add a lot to get the great scent. I also really like the presentation of the product. Attractive and classy. The softener is also soft on clothing and not an overpowering scent so you can use it on pretty much anything you like.

Great, just like all their other product with various scents. Leaves clothing softer and with a wonderful aroma.

The scent is really nice, creative and appealing. I haven't seen this scent in other brands. Its really nice. Good for people with sensitive skin too, it hasn't bothered me.

Good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

I must say that I have purchased and used this Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener and I like it quite a bit. I have actually bought this product twice and liked it. First of all I will tell you why I gave this fabric softener a nine instead of a ten. I really did like the scent of this product and it smelled wonderful. The problem I had was that it was a little too strong and the scent stayed in my clothes a little too long. It kind of over powered my perfume which I do not like. I can say that this Downy fabric softener did an excellent job of softening all of my clothes and linens. Also this product got out all of the static in my towels and other clothes. I can also so that this product is very reasonably priced and therefore affordable for anyone who wants to try. I would certainly recommend this Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure fabric softener to all of my friends and family.

My very favorite in this line.....

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

This particular fragrance is quite possibly my most favorite in this simple pleasures line. I love it, as I love the way it makes my clothing smell and feel every time I use it. Another thing that I love about this product is it does not leave a sticky like residue or film on my clothing, and it does not irritate my skin or that of my family at all. I give this product a high five every time!

This product, like the rest does a great job of making my clothing soft and it actually improves the quality of my clothing each time I launder them. I love that it does not make my clothing pill over and there are no balls of material on them after I launder them using this product.

The scent of this product is absolutely heavenly. I love it and I love the way it makes my clothing and even my entire home smell every time I use it. It is absolutely breathtaking to the nose. The fragrance is light and airy and definitely not overpowering to the nose.

Love this fragrance!

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

Downy Simple Pleasures fabric softener makes my clothes extra soft. I use less than called for, and it still does a superior job. I have no static electricity in my clothes after using this softener. It's a little more expensive than other brands, but it's worth it since I can use less to get great results. The best part of using this softener is the scent! It is a nice floral scent that isn't overpowering. I use this on my towels, and the scent lasts for several uses. This is a product that I can always find a coupon for, so that makes it a little more affordable.

It does more with less. My clothes come out smelling clean, scented, and extremely soft. The main reason I use a fabric softener is to make sure my towels are soft, and this Downy product does a superior job.

I like all the Downy Simple Pleasures scents, but this one is my favorite. I love how the fragrance lasts for several days on my towels.

Downy Simple Pleasure Orchid Allure

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

Wow does this stuff smell awesome! This fabric softener adds so much scent to my laundry and it really seems to last, even towels after several uses. I love how it makes my entire upstairs smell like I fresh flowers all over. I mainly only use fabric softeners in the fall and winter when static cling becomes a big issue. This product really cuts the static cling out of all my clothes. It also makes them incredibly soft and fluffy feeling. I hope Downy continues to make this scent, I would be so disappointed if they stopped!

The whole point of fabric softeners is to make your clothes soft, fluffy, and free of static cling. This one definitely delivers on all three! My clothes always come out soft, fluffy, and static free.

I really do not have words to describe how awesome this stuff smells. It smells like an entire field of flowers popped up in the middle of my laundry room whenever I use it.

Best fabric softner.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

What isn't there to love about the Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Fabric Softener?

It has a beautiful floral pomegranate orchid scent, that smells like it would be an expensive perfume. The scent stays on my clothes and lasts all day! It leaves my clothes feeling silky, and amazingly soft. I find that it's also amazing at fighting static cling, and I don't find lint sticking to my clothes after putting them in the dryer. It's even great for people with sensitive skin, because it doesn't bother my skin or my allergies at all. People asks me what always smells so good, and I tell them it's my Downy Fabric Softener.

I will buy this time and time again I love it.

All Downy products are amazing. This makes my clothes extremely soft, and leaves them smelling fantastic every time I use it. I have no complains at all. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't bother my skin at all. It feels amazing against my skin, I love it!

I'm a huge fan of the scent of this fabric softener. It has a very pretty perfume scent, and its smells expensive. You would never guess that this was an inexpensive Downy fabric softener.

Very Strong Scent

from Hartford, CT

Luxorious

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

Another great product from a great family company, the Downy company. I am very picky with my fabric softeners but Downy is the best. I love the Orchid Allure scent. I change my fabric softeners often so I do not get tired of a specific scent. This product can be used with either cold or warm water which I love. Another great plus about this item is that it helps with static cling. The Lavender type scent is very smooth, pleasant yet not overwhelming like cheaper fabric softeners. I particularly love this product for my sheets and towels. Even if I let these items line dry this fabric softener keeps them from feeling as an abrasive. Kudos to Downy on the packaging of this product. The packaging is very modern and has a very luxurious feel to it. I would definitely recommend this to others.

This scent is so luxurious. You would think you have purchased a "designer" brand of fabric softener.

This fabric softener works well and has a pleasant scent.

from West Virginia

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Orchid Allure Liquid Fabric Softener:

The smell of this softener is really great. It does not smell like orchids but the floral smell of it is very pleasant. The floral scent overpowers anything you have in the wash so that your soiled laundry comes out smelling fresh. This stuff is so strong that even my pet bedding smells refreshed.

I can use this with my detergent in the wash cycle or I can wait until afterwards and put it in the rinse cycle. The effect is always fresh smelling laundry. The simple pleasures line has the best smell of any product I've tried.

This works just as well in cold and cool water as it does in warm and hot water. The softener is so powerful that there is no need for anything extra in the dryer. My clothes come out smooth, soft, wrinkle free, and smelling amazing. This keeps static down too.

I can use this in my whites without the color of the softener sticking to my whites and staining them.

It smells amazing. It calms static, and it leaves clothes feeling soft and fresh after they come out of the dryer.

The scent is quite floral. A little goes a long way.