Other Frozen Foods:
Tyson

Pros

Cons

Read the ingredients to become a fan

I hate giving my kids chicken nuggets.  I try to fix only healthy and good foods for them.  But I guess all kids go through a phase that no matter how hard you try, they won't eat hardly anything you put in front of them...except chicken nuggets!  So I did what I always do when shopping for healthier food, I started reading the labels.  If you compare what is in Tyson Chicken Nuggets to other brands, the choice is clear.  I can ready and identify everything in a Tyson Chicken Nugget.  There are not long words I can't pronounce or anything I have no idea as to what it really is.  This is always a sign to me that the product has a lot less chemicals and is more of what it actually should be.  In this case, chicken and breading with some seasoning.  I agree that the texture of the nugget make it seem to have fillers but it also makes it soft and easy for my one year old to eat.  I would love to find a chicken nugget that seems more like real chicken with no ingredients that I can't pronounce or identify but until then I will be sticking with Tyson.

we call it fake chicken

The tyson chicken nuggets I bought were a huge dissapointment.  I got them for my daughter, who eats very healthy and loves chicken. She can take one bite of chicken that has been created by putting chicken pieces together and knows it is "fake chicken" as we call it. The tyson nuggets were easy, just microwave, but one bite and she would eat no more.  I tried them and only ate them because I had paid for them and they were not cheap. there was more breading than actual chicken in the chicken nugget. They tasted like "fake chicken" swallowed in bread crumbs. I could get fast food nuggets and have more chicken than I had here.  They sat in my freezer for a while and I tried to finish them but after eating more than I wanted to and fighting with my daughter to eat just one I decided to give up and throw them out. I have since found much better frozen brands that taste great and contain chicken not just bread crumbs.

50% dough, 15% air, 25% chicken

from Ft. Benning, GA

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

Yes the batter is THICK. Yes there's air inside. Good flavor.

50% dough - - - 15% air - - - 25% chicken

Look elsewhere

from North branch, MN

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

These chicken nuggets are only good on the very first bag. Even after the max time for baking(13 minutes) they're not crispy and they're mushy and disgusting. Tyson is a good brand but their chicken nuggets need major work.

DO NOT BUY

from HOUSTON, TX

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

This nuggets don't even taste like chicken! plus the inside looks all fluffy. On the first bite i took, the only thing that i tasted was the breaded part. they didn't even get crispy. Would not recommend this product to anyone! Taste's horrible.. Please save the money instead of buying this nuggets. Seriously just a waste of money!!!

It Does Not Taste Like Chicken!

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

My first bite into this nugget was met with disappointment. Not only was there absolutely no taste, it was as if I was eating a rubbery sponge. It was sort of like eating fake vegetarian chicken made of tofu. Even though I expected the meat to be processed, the nuggets tasted much worse than I thought.
My whole family hated the chicken nuggets and in the end we ended up cooking up something else to eat for dinner. These nuggets don't even taste remotely like chicken, and I would much rather have gone to a fast food restaurant than eat this junk.

They taste good.

from Kansas

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

Tyson Chicken Nuggets taste great if cooked in the oven. They come out crisp and juicy and take less than 20 minutes. They are great dipped in catsup, bbq sauce, ranch, sweet and sour sauce, or honey mustard. When you cook these in the microwave, they are pretty awful. They turn out to be soggy, chewy, and the middle is just gray. We, as adults, all know this is highly processed chicken and is not exactly a healthy option. That is simply a given. I think these are okay in moderation if you want a quick meal. I can tell you children love these. I would recommend these over any fast food nugget for a child due to the fat content. These are my favorite frozen chicken nuggets.

So, although the Tyson Chicken Nuggets are not exactly healthy due to the additives and sodium, these still taste great when cooked in the oven. I think all children love chicken nuggets and they especially like these ones.

Delicious nuggets if baked in the oven.

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

I will review these relative to other chicken nuggets because chicken nuggets are chicken nuggets...not gourmet chicken. I love that Tyson Chicken Nuggets are all white meat. Yes, they are processed, but there are different qualities of processed. I consider these to be on the high end of processed foods. I don't usually cook these in the microwave as the breading gets a little soggy and mushy, which is disgusting to me and my children. If baked in the oven at the appropriate temperature and time, these chicken nuggets are fairly tasty. The breading gets nice and crunchy and crispy. The center gets fairly firm, but not tough and chewy. Even my husband will eat these if they are baked and he really doesn't care for chicken nuggets. They keep well in the freezer and you can bake as many or as few as you like. Even baking in the oven only takes 15 minutes once the oven is preheated so they are definitely a quick meal.

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

These chicken nuggets are delicious! They take about 20 minutes to cook if you like the breading crunchy. If you pair these with some oven cooked french fries you've got a delicious fast food meal that's actually healthy and not loaded with grease and trans fat.

tyson chicken nugget's are the best you can buy in the supermark

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

Any chicken nuggets I bought in the past are always too much breading with off white meat on the inside.Tyson chicken nuggets cost a little more,but are well worth it,with all white meat in the middle and just enough breading to have that perfect crunch you desire

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

Tyson Chicken Nuggets have been a staple in my children's diet for years. Tyson is really the leading brand (in my opinion) in a huge variety of chicken nuggets, strips, patties and snacks and it's one thing I know I can always fall back on when I've cooked another culinary special which my kids will ultimately turn out not to like, again! They are so easy to cook, you just pop them into the oven to warm them up as essentially, they are already cooked. They are great finger foods, superb with dips or even between two slices of bread. I appreciate that they are highly processed but someone in there, is real meat, and you don't have to fry them to warm them up. Admittedly, they don't look much like real meat, in fact they rather resemble the leftovers of my Thanksgiving Turkey which is subsequently popped into the blender to make turkey burgers, but then, they are very easy to chew and if you cook them in the oven as apposed to the microwave, they come out nice and crispy on the outside and I believe, somewhat tasty on the inside. The fact is, my kids love them!

Tyson has the BEST frozen chicken!

Comments about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

Although my absolute favorite Tyson chicken product is their crispy strips, their chicken nuggets are better than you'd get at McDonald's and even better for you too, with lots of protein and a lot less fat. You can't go wrong with the frozen nuggets you just bake in the oven for twenty minutes on a cookie sheet and can make them as soft or crispy as you like them, and eat them with whatever sides you want. My favorite is chicken nuggets with French fries, one of the best frozen meals!