Other Frozen Foods:
Stouffer's
Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese

Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese

I just can't duplicate it.

For the past four years, I've been in a head-butting contest with Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese.

Try as I might, and I'm not exactly an inexperienced cook, I simply can not make of my own accord a mac and cheese as delicious as Stouffers. I've probably tried a dozen or more recipes, to no (anywhere near) avail.

This is probably the best - in my opinion - frozen product on the freezer shelves, and absolutely worth the price.

Usually when you buy pre-packaged mac and cheese, whether frozen or boxed, you'll find yourself adding some shredded cheddar or another cheese to it because it's just not "cheesy" enough. I've also had products that come off the stove top or out of the microwave or oven dry as a bone. Not so with Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese.

I don't know what the devil they're doing to that mac and cheese, but whatever they're doing, I hope they keep doing it just exactly this way.

What a keeper this product is for comfort food at the end of a busy work day.

The worst Macaroni & Cheese I ever tasted

Stouffer's macaroni and cheese is freshly made pasta in 100% real cheddar cheese sauce. It has no preservatives or transfat. However I was truly disappointed with this product. Even though I added black pepper and cayenne pepper for flavor, the Stouffer's Macaroni and cheese tasted plain. I felt I was eating macaroni alone. I saw the cheese but did not really taste the cheese. There are 2 1/2 servings per box and 350 calories per serving. And each serving contains 35% of daily value of cholesterol and 38% daily value of sodium. That is far too many calories and cholesterol and too much sodium for me. This product has the sur name of craveable classics . But I cannot understand why anyone would crave this Macaroni and cheese. I have eaten Stouffer's Lean Cousine products and ithey taste really good. But this Stiuferr's Macaroni and Cheese is for the birds or should I say the dog. I mied it with some dry dog food and my dog even took is time eating it. Perhaps I just got a bad box but I do not want to try again.

AMAZING!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

This stuff is almost addicting- it is SO delicious! I almost wish I could have it everyday- very good value for the price

Best Macaroni and Cheese to homemade!

from Sandusky, OH

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

This is the best macaroni and cheese that you buy; the only one I like better is the one Mon used to make! The elbow macaroni is large and tender and the cheese sauce is so creamy and cheesy. It is worth it to pay a little more for Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese than the popular "blue box, powdered cheese" or the "V squeeze the cheese from the pouch. Why pay for artificial or plastic-like cheese when Stouffers provides something close to homemade!

Just too plain for my taste.

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

My family loves Macaroni and Cheese and while I usually make it for scratch, I just wasn't up for it one night. My husband had purchased one of these and when I saw it in the freezer, I decided it would be a good, small side dish for dinner. After all, they wouldn't know that it was microwaved, so I figured that it couldn't hurt. While the Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese had a quick cook time, it was very bland, and it was very noticeable that it was microwaved. My family actually skipped right over this after they tried a bite. I'm disappointed in the price of this Macaroni and Cheese, especially for the quality.

Mac & cheese is 1 of my favorites, & this product is good!

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

It is a frozen product, which on those busy nights, I depend on. You have to be careful with frozen foods, for many reasons (high sodium etc..), but if you share this product, you will not be consuming as much salt or calories by yourself. I love the cheesy sauce in this dish! & the noodles are good & soft. They also have a whole grain mac n cheese that I like too!

Best frozen mac and cheese

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

Of all the frozen meals I had to eat when I was living in a dorm for college, this was probably my favorite. It is so creamy and flavorful and the portion size is good. Frozen food obviously isn't great for you and you shouldn't eat it all the time, but I like this so much sometimes I buy it even though I am no longer limited to cooking in a microwave.

A guilty pleasure.

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese is a good snack when you're looking for food and short on time. In 9 minutes you'll have warm mac and cheese. However, the cheese sauce is very bland. You feel the texture of the cheese, but there is simply no taste. I suggest adding cayenne pepper flakes or salt & pepper to enhance the flavor. Also, the mac and cheese is steaming hot after it comes out of the microwave! Either that or it's still frozen solid in the middle. Overall, it is a good alternative if you plan on spicing it up or are just in a rush for food.

Closest to the real thing

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

I really enjoy stouffer's mac and cheese a lot. It is the closest frozen entrée I have tasted thus far to making it home made. It is so easy to prepare - I have fallen back on these quite a few times when I was too busy to prepare a bigger meal and, my kids didn't mind one bit. The creamy and smooth teture win me over everytime. It is definetly a high quality product that I would miss if it were off the market.

My family really likes the taste.

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

My family and I really like the taste of Stouffer's macaroni and cheese. It's as close to homemade as you can expect from something that is frozen. It is definitely not lacking in cheese, which my kids love. The fact that you just take this from frozen to oven with no prep time is great. It's a filling side dish option and there is enough left over to have seconds (with my family of four.)

Simply The Best!

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

Better Than All The Rest! I have been buying this product for a very long time now, its delicious. I dont even bother with any other brand, it would be pointless. Recently it stopped appearing in the freezer section of the store i shop at, I am curently finding out why. My son loves the mac and cheese too.

Been a favorite of mine for years. My family loves it.

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese:

This has been a family favorite (outside of my homemade mac. & cheese). Quick and easy side dish, or for a main meal. I'd have to say it's been an all time favorite for over 20 years.

When my daughter was younger, this was the only kind she would eat. It had to be Stouffer's Macaroni and cheese, or homemade. No if, ans, buts about it.

Our family still loves Stouffer's as a side dish, goes well with just about any meat. At times it is just the whole meal, this has been a win-win in our home.

Stouffer's name spells quality to us, we still enjoy the Macaroni and Cheese. And so many other products, for over 25 years, it's a keeper!

Pleases my family and I, easy to prepare.