Other Frozen Foods:
Boca
Boca Burgers  (original)

Boca Burgers (original)

Good for vegans.

As some of you may know I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This has messed up my metabolism so much that the smell of meat cooking is nauseating. While meatless burgers seemed the perfect answer most contain one, or more, of my numerous allergens. Finally I discovered Boca Burgers original flavor. These are quite acceptable substitutes for hamburger if pan fried although rather insipid if prepared in the microwave. I would like to try another flavor but unfortunately Boca, like most everyone else, is addicted to using eggs in their products. My advice, if you are vegan or vegetarian, try them all. Then let me know what I am missing. LOL If you are allergic to eggs there are only two you can try. If you are allergic to soy avoid them. If you are allergic to both you have my sympathy.

Bland Taste, I'm Not Impressed!

One of my secrets is serving up vegetarian and/or meatless burgers.  So far, my husband has been pretty good about not complaining but he immediately voiced his thoughts on **Boca Meatless Burgers Original Vegan**.  I had to agree with him, they just didn't have much taste to them, but they weren't as bad as he made out.  He claimed they tasted like cardboard.**Boca Meatless Burgers Original Vegan**These burgers can be found in the freezer section of your grocery and come packaged in a red box.  Each box contains 4 burgers that weight approximately 2.5 oz. each.  **Boca Meatless Burgers Original Vegan **are a healthy alternative to regular beef burgers.  They are made of soy protein, are low in fat, contain no cholesterol or trans fat and are also high in protein.  Each burger contains 70 calories, with 5 of those calories coming from fat.  See the difference in nutrition?  One of the things I found odd about preparation, is that the instructions state to cook these burgers while frozen.  I followed the directions by spraying my skillet with a non-stick spray and heating the skillet on a medium setting before adding the frozen burgers.  I flipped the burgers after about 5 minutes as directed and let them cook for another 4 minutes before taking them out of the skillet.  I found that they were sticking to the skillet when I went to flip them the first time so I turned the heat down a little.  This still didn't help the situation, the burgers still stuck to my skillet.  I was able to forgive the burgers from sticking to the skillet.  After all, this was still a quick and easy meal to prepare and nutritious to boot!  However, my husband really didn't care for the **Boca Meatless Burgers Original Vegan **at all.  He hated them and said they tasted like cardboard.  I got the hint.  I won't be buyinjg these meatless burgers again.  My husband loves his meat, but he also enjoys a good flavorful veggie garden burger every now and then.  This one did not cut the mustard.  I also thought the taste was bland.  I know soy burgers are not the best tasting burgers but a little bit of veggies included would really make this burger taste better.**Recommendation**It's healthy but it doesn't have much taste to it.  If you need to cut calories and lose weight, this may be an option for you.  However, there are better tasting veggie burgers out there.  This one is a take it or leave it for me, and I think I'd rather leave it at the grocery store to be totally honest.

So Good

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

I was a bit of a skeptic about trying these Veggie Burgers at first because I thought the would taste like tofu. But I was pleasantly surprised by how flavorful they were. I couldn't believe it wasn't meat, these burgers are delicious grilled or baked.

Delicious alternative to beef

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

Boca burgers are not the best veggie burger I've tried, but they're definitely up there with my favorites. Their texture and flavor is good and meaty, minus the gross fattyness and bloodyness of actual meat. They're a little pricey but so is actual meat. I don't find that the Boca brand meat substitutes are as salty as some other brands are.

good alternative

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

I enjoy a veggie burger every now and then. These are a good price and have a decent taste. The texture is usually what scares me away from vegetarian foods, but these have a texture similar to a real burger. The are not something I would eat plain, but with some ketchup, mustard, and pickles they are a healthy meal.

Not as expected

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

Trying this particular flavor of boca burgers was not as I expected at all. I didn't particularly like them. For me, it was the texture on the burger as well as the taste. I have tried the other flavors available and took a liking to them. However, it lacks the flame broiled taste that cover up the actual texture - or make the texture less noticeable. I guess the actual taste isn't bad, it's more about an unpleasant texture fo me.

Great veggie burger

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

I've tried many different brands over the years, and this is the all-around best. While no veggie burger is really going to fool you into thinking it's meat, this one is the most realistic to me. It's satisfying and has a meaty texture and a good taste. Highly recommended!

A vegetable patty burger made by Boca Burgers

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

Let me start by saying that I like Veggie Burgers. I don't expect them to taste like a traditional burger, because they just aren't. I do not like Boca Burgers. They try too hard to mimic a beef burger. The smoky flavor is just gross. Even adding condiments and toppings doesn't mask the flavor enough. The texture is similar to other veggie burgers and is fine though.

Love These

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

I started eating Boca Burgers years ago when I was a vegetarian and I still eat them today. I prefer them over real beef burgers. I like the idea that I am not eating ground meat and they taste awesome. My 15 month old likesthem too. I cut them up for her. They taste best made in a skillet in my opinion.

I'm not even a vegetarian, and I love this product!

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

I am a burger lover, who tries to maintain a healthy diet. I crave burgers at least 3 times a week. This many burgers every week is not the healthiest, so I turn to Boca. I am able to enjoy a burger whenever I want without feeling guilty about what I'm eating. And the best part is, it tastes like you are eating real meat! I suggest anyone who likes burgers to try this, even if you aren't a vegetarian or watching your health. These burgers are absolutely delicious!

Not bad, but there's better stuff out there

from Alachua, FL

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

These are pretty bland when eaten alone or with limited toppings, but if you dress them up a bit, they're quite tastey.  Considering they only have 70 calories, they're really not that bad.  I buy them regularly, but my favorite veggie burger is the MorningStar Farms spicy black bean burger-  Now those are amazing!

Great taste...I like Boca Burgers a lot!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Boca Burgers (original):

Boca Burgers are not only great options for people who are vegetarian or vegan, but they're also good for people looking to cut back on their caloric and fat intake. They're healthy, have great flavor, and for the most part, are worth their price because of their health benefits. Boca Burgers are also a good way to incorporate Soy and other nutrients into your diet. My only complaint is that the patties could be a little bigger, but overall Boca Burgers are good products.