Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Great Nighttime & Daytime Medicine.

The Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels have all the key ingredients to get over a terrible cold in peace.

Ingredients in the Daytime Gel Caps: Acetaminophen...Read complete review

Ingredients in the Daytime Gel Caps: Acetaminophen (fever, headache, sore throat), Phenylephrine HCI (nasal congestion), and Dextromethorphan HBr (coughing.)

Ingredients in the Nighttime Gel Caps: Acetaminophen (fever, headache, sore throat), Phenylephrine HCI (nasal congestion), Dextromethorphan HBr (coughing), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (runny nose), and an antihistamine.

I found that this was the best thing over the counter to relieve all of my cold symptoms in one pack. The daytime medicine got me through the day, and helped to get rid of my fever and sore throat. I wasn't coughing as much, and I felt like much of my nasal congestion was cleared up. I felt like I could actually go out and conquer the day while I was sick without having to be bed ridden. They didn't make me drowsy either which was great. The nighttime medicine helped me sleep all night long without any interruption. I got much needed rest, which helped me to get over my cold faster. I also felt like my nasal congestion wasn't as bad, and I didn't have a runny nose, so I didn't have to keep waking up to wipe the snot off of my face. It was a relief to not have to stick tissues up my nose while I'm sleeping for once.

I absolutely recommend this to everyone and anyone. It's very effective and fast working. Tylenol is a brand that everyone knows and trusts.

Congestion Relief
The Phenylephrine HCI in both the daytime and nighttime gel caps helped with my nasal congestion, and the nighttime medicine has chlorpheniramine maleate which helped with my runny nose. After my runny nose was gone I didn't have much congestion in my nose or in my chest.

Chest Congestion Relief
The acetaminophen and dextromethorphan HBr helped to reduce the pain and congestion in my chest. My chest and lungs felt a lot less heavy, and they much it much easier to breathe without any pain.

Relief of Aches & Pains
The acetaminophen in both the daytime and nighttime helped with my fever, headache, body aches, pains, and even chills. I felt overall much better, and they helped me to get over my cold faster because I wasn't in as much pain. They both took away a lot of sinus pressure too.

Cough Suppression
Both the daytime and the nighttime gel capsules have acetaminophen and dextromethorphan HBr which are meant to help with sore throats and coughing. This is a rapid release gel so I felt like my coughing was suppressed pretty quick, and it gave me fast relief. The nighttime gels helped me sleep, and I didn't feel like I had to keep waking up to cough and spit mucus up. I got a lot of rest and relief with these.

Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom - beware when using this product!

I've tried this product twice now. Both times have resulted in quite serious results. Despite the fact that the daytime product is advertised as "non-drowsy", I have fallen asleep before even reaching my bed both times I've tried it. I have tried other generic, Advil, Sudafed cold remedies and never before had this experience. I am on the smaller side, at under 110 pounds, however there did not seem to be any warning that extreme drowsiness might occur when taking the daytime product. My husband, who is larger, has used this product with no adverse effects and it seemed to resolve both his sinusitus and coughing. So perhaps this will be effective if you are a larger individual, but beware if you are of smaller stature.

Great Nighttime & Daytime Medicine.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Great product

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

I really appreciate the Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels. I love that I can pay a less buying this package than buying two bottles (or boxes) individually for one of daytime an d one of nighttime.

Congestion Relief
This medicine does a pretty good job of relieving congestion. Within about half an hour of taking it, my sinuses and nose begin to clear up and drain. I have a bit of a runny nose after a while, but that is much better than having a stuffy nose.

Chest Congestion Relief
This medication does a lot to help with relief from chest congestion. Since it does such a great job with nasal congestion, it is natural that it helps with chest congestion because once the nose and sinuses have less drainage, then there is gunk that ends up in the lungs.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Since this product is made by Tylenol, it does a pretty okay job a giving pain relief from the aches and pains caused by a cold or flu. It does not get rid of all of the pain, but it helps a bit.

Cough Suppression
This medication does a mediocre job at cough suppression. It kind of helps, but does not do a great job at it.

Great Medicine

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

Tylenol Cold and Flu is always the medicine I always take when I have a cold or the flu. The capsules are easy to swallow and I especially like the slight taste of the night-time capsules. They start working after just a few minutes and I can definitely tell when it's time to take more. I think that the night-time capsules work better for me than the day-time capsules. The night-time capsules work so I can sleep and breathe. I don't like how the day-time is a decongestant but you always have to have a tissue handy because your nose will become a leaky faucet! It doesn't seem to clear up my chest congestion very well but works great for body aches, my cough and as a decongestant. The day-time capsules have never made me drowsy which is great since I don't have time to be sleepy with kids running around. The only thing I would change are the blister packs, they are so hard to get open! Great medicine that I always like to have on hand!

• Cough Suppression:

Great preventative medicine-stops my cold in it's tracks!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

As soon as I start to experience Cold symptoms I reach for Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night. Its super effective, fast acting and is customized to treat all my daytime and nighttime symptoms at the right times. I think it's a great value for the price as well and I trust Tylenol as a leading brand in pain relievers, fever reducers and cold and flu symptom relievers..

Congestion Relief
Within approximately 15 minutes after taking it I can already start to feel congestion relief. The relief continues throughout the day and night and it really feels like my cold is being battled and not just masked with this OTC medicine. It's a brand I trust and therefore I trust my family to use it as well so everyone over a certain age gets instant relief from their symptoms.

Chest Congestion Relief
Just as it relieves my overall congestion it is equally effective at relieving my chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Because Tylenol's main ingredient and purpose is pain relief it is definitely highly effective at relieving my aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
I love that even though this medicine relieves chest congestion it doesn't keep me coughing so severely that I regret trying to relieve the congestion which tends to be the case with other cough and cold medicines. It equally balances out the congestion relief and suppression of severe coughing.

Good cold medicine

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

What really makes this medicine great is the night time medicine. When I have a cold, I find it nearly impossible to sleep due to my non-stop running nose. This allows me to get a good nights rest, which is greatly needed during a cold. The tablet form has a nice coating on it that soothes your throat. The day time medicine is as effective as any other medicine for me for helping symptoms, but it does help me feel more energized sooner even with the symptoms. Overall Tylenol cold medicine is a good choice, especially if you have problem sleeping during a cold.

Congestion Relief
Whenever I have a cold, it is completely miserable because my allergies act up as well and lead to a non-stop flow. Most medicines have little effect on congestion for me except menthol. Tylenol Cold does just as good as any other drug.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Tylenol cold has it normal Tylenol effects on aches and pain. It helps ease the pain of head aches and sore muscles.

• Cough Suppression:

This product doesn't affect my alcohol allergy.

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

Most cold and flu meds I've tried either give me heavy medicine head or make me feel queezy due to the alcohol based ingredients. Tylenol clears up my cold and flu symptoms without giving me that nasty queezy feeling.

However gotta be careful about that medicine head. Would be nice if that could be resolved at some point.

• Cough Suppression:

Great all in one product for day and night!

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

This stuff really works. I recently started to get a little cold ( a few weeks ago) and I took this stuff along with emergen c and I felt better in just a few days. No need to a trip to the doctors office. The thing it helped with the most is stuffiness. I cannot fall asleep if I am stuffy and congested and this really helped clear. Everything up and help me breathe easier. I love the fact that there is also a day and night time tablet. The night ones really helped me fall asleep! I actually went back and got another pack just to have on hand for the future!

Great Night & Day Products

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

I had asked my husband to get me something for my cold while he was at the store and he came back with Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels. I had never tried these before and was really surprised how great they worked. The day capsules worked on my congestion and headache really well and they did not make me feel tired which was good because I had already missed 2 days of work taking other cold medicine that just wiped me out. The night capsules worked great also on my congestion, coughing and aches AND they helped me get the rest I needed. It was super convenient to be able to purchase both the night time and day time formulas in the same package.

Congestion Relief
Both the day and the night capsules worked great.

Chest Congestion Relief
Definitely helped relieve alot of the congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Helped me get through the day and also sleep at night.

Cough Suppression
Especially at night when my coughing is usually worse, the night capsules worked great.

• Cough Suppression:

Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom - beware when using this product!

from Atlanta, GA

Great cold relief

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Rapid Release Gels:

This is one of the only products that help me when I have a cold. It doesn't dry me out so much my sinuses hurt like other OTC medications. It's also convenient that you can get 1/2 of the day and 1/2 of the night pills with one purchase

Cough Suppression
Not the best for cough relief but I always get the cough really bad because I talk on the phone all day which dries out my throat