4.9

Pros

Cons

Warm Soothing Relief from that Sore Throat

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

Love having something hot and soothing to drink when you get that unexpected sore throat. I am not a tea drinker, but really enjoy Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea. The flavor does not have a traditional tea taste, so for those that don't enjoy tea can stand to drink it.

Congestion Relief
I am sure that fact that you are drinking something hot helps to aid in the breaking up of the congestion. Just breathing in the steam helps relieve the congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
Did not notice especially that any relief of chest congestion occurred while drinking Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea. Although the warmth generated by drinking the tea would bring some comfort

Relief of Aches & Pains
Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea did soothe the pain in the throat, I did not notice that it had any affect on other aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
Drinking hot soothing tea helps keep your throat lubricated to minimize coughing, also helps in braking up the mucus.

• Cough Suppression:

I can't handle a sore throat without it

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

Throat Coat tea is like a little piece of magic. While the taste has a lot of licorice in it (not my favorite) it can be covered up with a hint of local honey. The combination of the local honey and the slippery elm (the primary ingredient in the tea) provide a nice sticky layer in your throat the soothes. I find that I speak better, cough less, and swallow easier when I have Throat Coat tea. Whether I am suffering from a sore throat or just a bit of rawness from a post-nasal drip, Throat Coat tea always makes a difference.

Congestion Relief
I've never really noticed much of a difference in my level of congestion when I use Throat Coat Tea.

Chest Congestion Relief
As with any warm substance, you did feel a bit of relief in your chest when you drink it.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Throat relief is immediate and lasts several hours.

Cough Suppression
The coating in your throat can prevent that tickle that causes coughs for a couple of hours. It's not the primary effect of the tea, but it's definitely an added bonus.

• Cough Suppression:

A miracle for singers or anyone who has ever lost their voice

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

Throat Coat is a singer or public speakers best friend. If you are having issues with losing your voice or even a sore or scratchy throat, buy this tea! It provides immediate relief to a dry, scratchy throat and in many cases, will bring your voice back. I was losing my voice prior to a singing competition with my chorus and had my husband run out and get me some of this tea. By the next day, I was able to sing! It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than I would have been able to do without the help of throat coat. I highly recommend it for anyone with a sore throat or issues with their voice.

Congestion Relief
This does not provide congestion relief (but it was not intended to).

Chest Congestion Relief
This does not provide any chest congestion relief (but it doesn't claim that it will).

Relief of Aches & Pains
This tea is great for providing additional comfort to your sore or scratchy throat. It doesn't numb pain like a pain medication would, but it has a nice soothing effect.

Cough Suppression
Although this product is not designed for cough supression, it does provide some relief for coughs because it can remove the "tickle" that you can get in your throat that will cause you to cough.

Nice and simple.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

I really do not like to take regular medicines that often, especially if I can find something that is like a tea to drink. I like to drink this tea when I first feel my throat starting to hurt and I know that I am going to be feeling sick. This only works good for me if I catch the sore throat really early and it does not hit me hard. This is a nice drink and it taste very subtle and goes down very easily. As it goes down you can feel the instant relief on your throat and it kind of gives a cooling sensation onto your throat that makes it feel better and be much easier to be able to swallow and breath. The fact that this is an organic and kind of an alternative natural medicine is nice because you are not putting something that is man made in a laboratory into your body. This works well to make your throat feel better and also helps me to be able to fall asleep quickly if I drink it at night. It is a great tea and helps to keep your throat feeling better so you can feel better quickly.

Fantastic

from Klamath Falls, OR

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

This tea is very tasty and really soothes a sore throat. My children and I LOVE it. I always keep it on hand, even though we rarely get sick. The tea is comforting for a dry throat , too!

Chest Congestion Relief
We have not had experience of this tea relieving chest congestion.

Cough Suppression
This tea helps calm coughs!

Good product.

from Kansas

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea is great for sore throats. I was skeptical how a tea would really help your throat but it does. It kind of coats your throat and eases the pain for a while. Plus, the product is Organic!

I received a few bags of this from my Supervisor once while I was sick with a cough and sore throat. She swears by the stuff. I let it steep for about 15 minutes and gave it a try. I'm not much of a tea fan but this product tastes really good if you add a little bit of honey to it. The warm liquid feels good on your throat but then you can feel it easing the pain and I end up coughing much less. It's really great! I didn't expect a tea to actually help with my throat.

I like that this tea is organic. I try to stick to a mainly organic diet so this was a great find. I always have a box of Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea sitting around for when I get sick. I've recommended it to a lot of people. Give it a try.

Organic Throat Coat Tea

from Wheeler, WI

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

This tea works great! i have been using it for a couple years now. any scratch, tickle, make yourself a cup and wam-o; you are feeling better. great for cigarette smokers too.

Congestion Relief
It helps a great deal, brings up phlegm when coughing.

Chest Congestion Relief
I think it helped me a great deal.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Take with a couple of ibuprofen and for sure it works for aches and pain. The tea comforts your throat and calms you i think.

Cough Suppression
it helped me a great deal.

Holistic remedy.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

I was looking for a holistic way to help my sore throat and when I think of tea I always think Traditional Medicinals. The best part is that the tea isn't sprayed with chemicals and is all organic. The throat coat soothes my throat and I love adding honey and lemon to help the process. I had strep and this tea really helped with the pain in my throat.

Congestion Relief
As far as congestion relief, I like to put my nose over the steam rising up from my mug of boiling tea. It helps open me up a little bit.

Chest Congestion Relief
This helps open up my chest and makes it feel like I can breathe better.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This really helped when I had sore throat. My throat was "coated" with the licorice in the tea and all the other ingredients help soothe inflammation.

Cough Suppression
The hot tea helps with my coughing and the ingredients in it help the tickle in my throat. When I add lemon and honey, honey especially, it definitely helps with my coughing. It's not a miracle remedy and it doesn't work like day quil, but for holistic care it's great.

Great Relief for Sore Throats

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

This tea tastes sort of like licorice. If you add honey, it's awesome when your throat feels icky. I love that it's organic. It's very healthy and has lots of herbs in it. You may want to check the label and talk to a doctor if you're pregnant or nursing.

Congestion Relief
This tea clears you right up! I like to take advantage of the aroma therapeutic properties of teas, and this one is no different. Take deep breaths of this one and it will give you a lot of relief.

Chest Congestion Relief
You can breathe a little easier. I always think that the more you seep a tea (like 20+min), the better the results are.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This tea has a little chamomile in it and soothes your sore throat. If you add honey the effect is even better.

Cough Suppression
Like any other tea, this one is best served hot. I always think the best way for tea to help a cough is to sit back and relax, maybe watch some TV or read, and slowly but continuously take slow sips of the tea as you practice deep breathing. That and inhaling it in between sips.

• Cough Suppression:

Soothing throat tea that really works.

Comments about Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea:

This soothing throat tea from Traditional Medicinals really coats your throat with relief, while giving you a healthy dose of herbs to help combat your sore throat or cold. The taste is not bad either, though I know some people dislike it. It tastes strongly of licorice, but without the sugar. This ingredient helps with laryngitis as well, and I also will drink this tea when I just feel like I'm losing my voice. If you have an important meeting or event, and need to give your throat a boost, this tea will help recover your voice.
Warm, hot tea with honey is always a good idea when you have a painful, sore throat, but this tea is an even better idea because it helps heal or cure your cold as well.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This tea provides immediate, soothing relief.

Cough Suppression
I've never noticed this tea helping with suppressing coughs, except for relieving dryness or irritation in the throat caused by coughing.