Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Vicks Vapor Inhaler

Pros

Cons

Vicks Soothing Vapors Vaporizer offers Nighttime Relief

Adults have several means to fight back against a stuffy nose, but little ones have far fewer options. They cannot take the heavy- duty medicines that mom and dad rely on for quick relief and they are sometimes forced to endure the annoyances of congestion for a longer period. Fortunately, there are a few options available to children and one is **Vicks Advanced Soothing Vapors Waterless Vaporizer**.

**Vaporizer Commentary:**

** **

Vicks Advanced Soothing Vapors Waterless Vaporizer is intended to relieve congestion during the nighttime hours. The unit works by releasing Vicks vapors into the air, via the insertion of a special pad soaked in special oils. The scent combines eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender. The intensity of the vapors can be adjusted and parents can insert two pads at once, for maximum effectiveness.

Vicks Advanced Soothing Vapors Waterless Vaporizer is a useful weapon against chest congestion and it actually worked better than expected. I am a longtime fan of Vicks Vapo- Rub and other Vicks products, but I was skeptical that this product would have enough vapor to produce the desired results. I plugged it in close to my girls and, sure enough, their congestion started to clear.

Vicks Advanced Soothing Vapors Waterless Vaporizer has several good qualities. I like the nightlight and the scent is pleasant- better than that of Vicks Vapo- Rub or Vicks inhaler, both of which smell very menthol/medicinal. I also like that you can adjust the vapors and use two pads at once, if necessary. Most importantly, I like that the product worked as promised.

If there is one strike against this product, it is the necessity to purchase additional pads. The unit uses only these special pads- you cannot use water or anything else. They don't last long either, and that means a special trip to the drugstore will be necessary to replace pads as needed.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Chest congestion is an annoyance that must be dealt with and Vicks Advanced Soothing Vapors Waterless Vaporizer is an effective means to congestion relief and a better night's sleep. There are products that work more quickly, but Vicks Advanced Soothing Vapors Waterless Vaporizer is a good choice for overnight relief.

Inhaler

On my vacation I was sick and had to go buy something to help me breath. I went into the small store and saw the Vicks VaporInhaler. Seeing that with this you just stick it up your nose and then you can breath. So I bought this and I was not really pleased with this product.
The good is it is not messy like the vicks vapor rub. But that is about the only thing good.
The bad is numerous. For one you can only use it so much in one days time. You are only suppose to use it in each nostril no more often than every 2 hours. It didn't really relieve my stuffiness at all and then I was stuck not using it again until 2 hours past. Also it really burned my nose using this. And it gave me a headache with the strong smell of it.
I ended up only using it for one day because I felt it really did not do the job and not worth the money I paid for this. Again the only good thing was that it was cleaner. If you are looking for relief from stuffiness, cant breath due to being sick I would not recommend using this product. I saw no congestion relief at all.

Vicks Vapor Inhaler is a great travel size decongestant.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

My mom picked me up a Vicks Vapor Inhaler when I was sick, and I was skeptical about it. I didn't think it would have worked at all, and I was confused as to what it even was or how to use it.

What the Vicks Vapor Inhaler is, is a inhaler for your nose that contains menthol and levmetamfetamine ( which is a nasal decongestant.)

It's meant to temporarily relieve nasal decongestion due to allergies, and upper respiratory colds, etc.

How you use it is that you are meant to place the tube into your nostrils and take a deep breathe through your nose. Then repeat on the other side.

I was surprised that I actually really liked it. I felt like it cleared up my nose quickly, and made it feel less irritated/swollen. The menthol opened up my nasal passages, and made it much easier to breathe. The scent was also very nice. It smelled like menthol and vicks. The scent didn't irritate my nose at all. I also felt like it stopped my nose from running as much, and I didn't feel like I had to blow my nose as much.

I like that the Vicks Vapor Inhaler is a small tube. It's great to travel with and stick in my purse. If I feel congested on an airplane I can just use this quick, and it gets rid of all my nasal congestion so I'm not stuffed up while traveling.

The only downside is that it's temporary, and you can only use it every two hours. So I would suggest to use it with an allergy or cold medicine depending on how bad the symptoms are. Also if you use it too often your nose gets to used it, and you depend on it to clear up your nose. It could also get addicting so only use it the recommended amount of time.

I would definitely recommend this though, it's inexpensive, easy to use, and works great to clear up congestion.

Congestion Relief
It relieves nasal congestion, but only gives temporary relief. It does clear up the congestion/mucus clogging up my nasal passages, and makes it easier to breathe through my nose. The menthol works great at cooling down my nasal passages.

Chest Congestion Relief
I don't feel like this works well for chest congestion at all. The menthol cools my nasal passages, and when I breathe deep enough I can feel it slightly throat my throat but not enough to clear up any chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This is not meant for the relief of aches and pains, it is a nasal decongestant.

Cough Suppression
It made it easier to breathe but it didn't help to suppress my coughs at all. I would use this along with a cold or flu medicine to get a better result.

• Cough Suppression:

Awesome Product for Nasal Blockage.

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

Vicks Vapor Inhaler is an excellent product for Nasal congestion. It has Menthol, which has a cooling effect, camphor and pine oil which removes stuffiness in nose. No major side-effect is known except for the nasal discomfort. Available in the market at a good price, helps in temporary relief. Not recommended for children below six years of age. Consult your pharmacist before taking it.

Congestion Relief
It works effectively on nasal congestion. Put the inhaler in your each nostril, holding the other nostril closed and take a deep breathe, repeat it many times and you will feel relax. Breathing will become much easier in nasal blockage.

Chest Congestion Relief
Well, I didn't noticed chest congestion relief may be because i take it for nasal blockage.

Relief of Aches & Pains
When I inhale it, I feel relax but I didn't find it effective in headache or any other pains.

Cough Suppression
Except for the nasal blockage, I didn't find it effective in any pains or cough suppression.

• Cough Suppression:

Love, Love, Love This for Stuffy Noses!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

I love Vicks! My mom always spread it on my chest when I was sick as a kid and it always helped with my stuffy nose. When I had a particularly nasty cold a little while ago and I was unable to breathe through my nose at all I dragged myself to the pharmacy in the middle of the night and perused the cold medicine. I was excited to find this new (to me) Vicks Vapor Inhaler. I immediately purchased one and opened it and used it right in the car!

I love this little thing! It's amazing stuff. It really is. I seriously could not breathe through my nose at all before I used it and after just one use I found myself actually able to smell the menthol which was a huge thing in and of itself. Then, when I got home, I used it again and lo and behold - I was able to breathe through my nose!

It was really scary not being able to breathe through my nose but with the help of this little thing that scariness only lasted a little while.

This is super easy to use - you just stick the wand (that looks like a rounded top lip balm) up your nostril and the menthol goes to work. The menthol is quite potent so it's really best to only use this if you have a seriously stuffy nose or you may find yourself with runny eyes from the sheer potency of it.

This is inexpensive, super easy to use, and is drug free. It just doesn't get any better or more effective relief for a stuffy nose than this. I really cannot recommend it enough!

• Cough Suppression:

I love the Vicks vapor inhaler

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

Vicks was always a trusted brand within my home and my mom used to get it for me when I was younger. For as long as I remember, I used the Vicks vapor inhaler. It always works great every time I use it. Whenever I have a light to severe cold and I have serious congestion, I use the vapor inhaler. It's extremely easy to use and works within seconds and feels like my nose and chest open up and has a relieving feeling that I can finally breathe and not feel congested. When I need it, I simply put the small tube slightly in my nose,breathe in and feel a cool refreshing opening up of my airways so I can sleep with my mouth closed. It's small and convenient and I have been and will be using this for a long time. I also use it when I have a bad cough associated with a chest cold and it works great for bad chest congestion.It's definitely worth a try especially if you're prone to colds.

Congestion Relief
Clears up congestion quickly.

Vicks vapor inhaler

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

Vicks basically took it's mentholated scent and put it in an inhaler. Similar to the cream it helps with congestion. The difference is instead of rubbing it in your chest you stick this up your nose and breath it in. While it does work if you are dealing with congestion, I find that the effects are not long lasting. Plus when I have a cold my nasal passages tend to be very dry and irritated and breathing this in burnt a little and made my eyes water.

Congestion Relief
Relieves nasal congestion for a short period of time. Good for congestion from colds, allergies, or sinus issues.

Chest Congestion Relief
This stuff did nothing for chest congestion for me at all. But you are breathing it in through your nose so I do not think it is meant to help chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This is for nasal congestion, not relief of aches or pains.

Cough Suppression
Helped slightly since it opened up my nasal passages I wasn't having to cough has much. It is not really for coughing though so I really did not use it to relieve that.

Great for on the go.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

I am always on the go with my job and even when I get sick I cannot afford to ever miss work so I just put up with it. When I have severe congestion I like to use Vicks Vapor rub at night but I cannot take that with me everywhere so I have found that this little Vicks Vapoinhaler is something that I carry with me in my purse anywhere and everywhere that I go. This instantly makes my nasal passages open up an allow me to bring more oxygen into my lungs and make it so much easier for me to be able to breath. They are really easy to use, all you have to do is unscrew it and clog one side of your nose, put it in the other and inhale, it is so simple. It has the same smell as the regular Vicks stuff and instantly opens you up with each inhalation of it. It helps so much when you are super congestion and makes it to wear you can breath and just feel better while going through your daily motions, it has been a lifesaver for me and made it to where I can still function.

Loved it!

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

Vicks Vapolinhaler works just like Vicks Vaporub, but it can only be used for runny nose. As the name indicates, it is an inhaler, perfect for on the go. I remember having one always in my bag, whether I was in school or college. Nose can be runny at any point of the time at any day. I even used to use it when not required. I used to feel so good after inhaling this but it seemed to induce some sleep as well. The cold vapors when reaches the eyes, makes you feel sleepy. It is perfect to be used at night time, before bed. I remember sleeping with Vicks Inhaler on my bed side on sick days and used it everytime I woke up at night. I have only used in case of runny nose and have no clue how does it work for congestion, I mean how will it be applied over chest but, it definitely works to overcome Nasal Congestion. I do not have one as of now but while writing this review I am wanting to buy one again.

No clue!

Nice to have on hand.

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

The Vicks Vapor Inhaler works great to relieve nasal congestion. Whether it's due to allergies, the flu, or just a cold, the immediate relief it provides is welcomed when you're not feeling so well. My family has been using it for years and I highly recommend giving it a try.
Each member in our family has their own tube to use as needed. It's easier to do it this way instead of cleaning it between different users.
I've learned to replace them every eight to nine months. One time my daughter found one in a drawer that I know was over a year old and she was disappointed because it had lost it's potency.
Just keep in mind that if your fingers come in contact with the medicated part of the tube in any way be careful to not touch your eyes until you wash your hands...it will sting!

Congestion Relief
Works great to relieve nasal congestion!

Chest Congestion Relief
Does not help with chest congestion.

Cough Suppression
Have not found this to be helpful for a cough at all.

Inhaler

Works great

Comments about Vicks Vapor Inhaler:

Used when my son was very stuffed and he was breathing better after the first day. By day 3 he was pretty much back to 100%.

Congestion Relief
This is amazing if your looking to loosen up your mucus.

Cough Suppression
He would cough through the night before we started using and after he was getting alot more rest.