Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Sudafed 24 Hour

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

One pill in the morning and you're good for the day!

I battle with congestion most of the year.  The one medicine that helps keep symptoms in check is **Sudafed**.  I can't use the Sudafed formula that is available off the shelf though.   It doesn't work for me.  Period.  End of story.  I have to sign for the Sudafed containing pseudoephedrine hydrochloride.  Federal regulations require that a person buying this product must register their name, sign a log book and present their driver's license before the purchase.  Amounts of purchase are restricted as well.  For me, it is worth the inconvenience.There was a time when Sudafed had to be taken every four-six hours but new formulas have been developed that allow for 12 and 24 hour periods of relief.  I like the 24 hour non-drowsy formula.  One pill in the morning and I am congestion free for the rest of the day.  It gives maximum relief from nasal congestion and sinus pressure that is caused from colds, hay fever and allergies by reducing the swelling of the nasal passages and relieving sinus pressure.**Possible Side Effects:***  dizziness, nervousness or unable to sleep*  abdominal pain or vomiting*  dry mouth**Active Ingredients:** in each tablet: Pseudoephedrine HCl 240 mg (Nasal decongestion)**Inactive Ingredients:** Cellulose, Cellulose Acetate, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Povidone, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide

**Warnings:**

Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.

Ask a doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or are taking other medication as there is a chance of cross medication problems.

Love Sudafed, but not in 24-Hour doses

I try to avoid taking cold medication unless necessary, but when I need it, I have always found Sudafed to be the most effective. When I was terribly sick with a respiratory virus this month, I sent my in-laws to the store to purchase some cold medication. I specified NOT to buy Sudafed PE, because it's effectiveness is definitely inferior to the original Sudafed from my experience. They picked up the 24-hour Sudafed, which I did not even realize was available. I generally take the smallest recommended dose of all medication as I weigh just over 100 pounds and am sensitive to medication. I did not fare well with the 24-hour Sudafed. I was nervous and jittery and could not sleep. I had to take benadryl to counteract the sudafed enough so that I could rest. A 24-hour medication that is a stimulant does not seem to be a good idea. When you need to be resting to recover, you are wired and restless and cannot relax. I will not buy this version of Sudafed again!

The only thing that works

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

If you're like me and have severe allergies and suffer from year-long congestion, then Sudafed- the real stuff with pseudoephedrine hydrochloride- is the only thing that is going to work. The "fake-y phed" that they stock on the shelves is an absolute joke. If you've tried both, then you will understand. Unfortunately, the real Sudafed is kept behind the counter and requires a license number and is tracked. This 24-hour Sudafed is really the best. If you are trying to deal with year-round allergies and congestion, you are going to need the 24-hour version. There is no reason to have to wake yourself up every 4 hours on the 4-hour version, or wake up stuffy and miserable because your meds didn't give you that around the clock protection. Unfortunately, the way the government has decided to track the purchasing of sudafed, and the counts they come in, means that you cannot in one month legally buy enough 24-hour Sudafed to be covered for all 30/31 days. Just something to remember when picking some up.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Doesn't even pretend to do this.

Cough Suppression
Doesn't even pretend to do this.

• Cough Suppression:

Sudafed gets the job done!

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

Sudafed is one of those products that I wish I’d found sooner and now that I’ve found it, I don’t think I’ll ever stop using it. The Sudafed line does a great job of doing exactly what each product claims to do. The 24-hour Sudafed is wonderful in relieving cold and flu symptoms, but is also great for allergies. The 24-hour formula is non-drowsy (unlike Benedryl) and doesn’t make me nauseous during the day (like Dayquil). In addition to getting lots of colds and flus each year (just one of the occupational hazards I experience as a teacher), I get lots of sinus infections annually. Now that I know what they feel like and have been to enough doctors, I know that Sudafed is recommended for sinus relief, when I feel a sinus infection coming on, I immediately reach for Sudafed. This generally nips my oncoming illness in the bud and saves me the doctor visit and the need to put my body through another round of antibiotics.

Fast Working

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

Very time consuming in having to get the product out from behind the pharmacy counter, but this product is great. I haven't ever had any side effects and it works so fast. One pill every twenty four hours and you are good to go. Usually take for no more than two days and feel better.

• Cough Suppression:

Sudafed Sinus-Non Drowsy A Godsend!

from Martinez, CA

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

I tried Sudafed Sinus non-drowsy awhile ago and I have to say I was reluctant to use it because I was at work but I was desperate and that's all they had at the drugstore.  I have to say within an hour (or less) of taking it I felt better than I'd felt in days and the best thing is that it was something that I could take while at work and it really is non-drowsy.

Just ONE Sudefed non-drowsy 24 hour, and your good all day !

from Barberton, OH

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

Sudafed has a winner with "Sudafed non-drowsy 24 hour" that is my Honest opinion. I used to battle my allergies all year long. Trying everything on the market. In the end the only product that really works for me is Sudafed non-drowsy  24 hour. Simpily one pill in the morning and I have a day FREE from congestion and pressure ( which always led to Bad headaches ). I remember when i had to take my allergy medication every 4-6 hours. What a pain having to remeber when your medication was needed,  not to mention taking all the extra pills required to be taken in one day. When your day can be Simplier and you can still be FREE of all allergy & sinus issues for a whole day with one simple pill in the morning, what a Great Feeling. Well this is exactly what Sudafed non-drowsy 24 hour has done for me .. "And I Will Never Give It Up "

Now the cost is a little more, than some of the other medications out there, but it is worth the little extra. The biggest complaint that I have is having to go to the pharmacy to get the medication, waiting in line for different amounts of time. And finally reaching the counter, just to ffind out that pharmacy your at is out . There has to be an easier way for getting allergy medication. But even with the extra cost & time it takes to find my medication I would never change.

Great for sinus headaches, and when reg allergy meds don't do

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

I love this med for my worst sinus headaches. When I get one of those, regular allergy meds are often ineffective. This medicine starts working very quickly and lasts all day long. I'd recommend this to anyone.

Sudafed 24hr was fantastic, symptoms gone within 1 day!

from Prescott Valley, AZ

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

Sudafed 24 hr helped me get rid of the cold when I caught the symptom of having the sore throat.  I took it in the am and by the next day my cold was gone.  I took another Sudafed the next afternoon and got over my cold.  I wish I could say that for my family, they all had it for 2 weeks.  I will definitely use this product again.

I am very happy Sudafed gets it right.

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

I have tried so many alergy meds. Sudafed 24 hour works very well for me. I am the type to go for "natural" or organic, but in this case sudafed works so well for my allergy problems that its the first thing I reach for. Now I must admit, I dont know  if those active and inactive ingredients are all that good for you or not, but when it gets so bad your in pain...one has to do what one has to do.

One pill in the morning and you're good for the day!

from Northern, FL

**Warnings:**

One pill and I am good all day!

from Northern, FL

Comments about Sudafed 24 Hour:

I suffer from seasonal allergies that make my life less than comfortable. I have tried all kinds of decongestants and allergy medication over the years and the ingredient that works the best for me Sudafed 24 hour with Pseudoephedrine.

Pseudoephedrine can be found in both name brand and generic brand over-the-counter medications. A few years ago the ingredient was found to be used by meth makers so laws were enacted that now require a person to show ID and sign for any medication with Pseudoephedrine in it.

Warning: There are medications on the shelves that look like they are the same product. but they are not. They do not contain Pseudoephedrine and for most people they are not as effective in relieving cold and allergy ymptoms. The Sudafed found on store shelves will say Sudafed PE. PE stands for the Pseudoephedrine substitute, phenylephrine.****

Sudafed Warnings:

Do not use Sudafed if you are now taking a medication known as an MAOI or for two weeks after stopping an MAOI. If you are not sure, contact your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.

Congestion Relief
Sudafed 24 hour with Pseudoephedrine is the one allergy and sinus medication that I depend on when my seasonal allergies hit. It is a non-drowsy formula that allows me to work and play at my best. It also works continuously for 24 hours so I down one pill and I am good to go!