Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Cons

Lights out anyone?

**The Product: **Vicks NyQuil Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps

**The Product: **Vicks NyQuil Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps

**Pros**: I grew up with the liquid version of this which tasted GROSS but it always got the job done--mostly because it knocked me out and forced me to sleep and let my body recover. Sleep is the most important component in the getting better equation, and unfortunately most of us don't get enough. One of these bad boys guarantees you do. As soon as I feel the first strains of a cold coming on, I take half the recommended dose (1 not 2) and I usually am asleep within the hour.

Cons: Tends to leave me groggy the next morning, even if I get more than eight hours of sleep. Def do not take this unless you can be home and safe in your bed. Dayquil works great for daytime symptoms. I tend to take one pill instead of 2 and that seems to work better for me. It gets me to sleep but doesn’t leave me zonked well into the next day. The alcohol content in this used to be extremely high which wasn’t something I was fond of, but the formula seems to have been changed for the better. Less alcohol but same result.

**Overall**: Classic, great acting product and I always have a supply of Nyquil in my medicine cabinet just in case I come down with something. Price is relatively low too for clod medicines.

Nyquil keeps me up all night!

The Nyquil company prides itself on being the "get your best sleep you've ever had with a cold medicine" It's alright in the day time, except for the drowsiness, but if I take this medicine at night, I'm up the whole night! It works the opposite effect on me.

Works Great, but the Liquid Works a Bit Better!

from MI

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

NyQuil is one of the go-to medicines in our household when either my husband or myself come down with a gross cold, and especially now that we have two small children to keep up with during the day, it just really won't work to be up all night coughing. Enter - NyQuil.

Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps do an excellent job of quieting a cough and calming down the symptoms associated with a cold or the flu. Whether it's a headache, a cough, a runny nose - NyQuil is able to provide relief for the majority of these problems.

I do like the LiquiCaps because you don't have to deal with the awful taste of traditional NyQuil, but I just don't know what it is about them, I feel like they are a tiny bit inferior to the original liquid product. Maybe it's all in my mind, but I think the liquid works faster and seems a bit better at relieving the terrible symptoms of the flu or a cold.

I do like that it is easy to transport if you are going out of town, much easier to pack than the huge bottle, but if I had my choice, I would probably suck it up and go for the liquid.

Great for cold and flu

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

My husband and I usually take the Nyquil pills when we have the cold or flu, or if one of us is sick the other one will start taking it before they get the cold or flu. It has no bad taste as it is just a pill. It is a bit bigger than alot of other pills so some people may have trouble taking it. It works pretty effectively, depending on when you start taking the medication and how sick you were or weren't when you started taking it. I am very satisfied with this medication and would highly recommend it anyone that has the cold or flu virus.

Congestion Relief
Helps relieve congestion after you take it for a couple of days after it starts getting rid of your cold or flu.

Chest Congestion Relief
Helps relieve chest congestion once it starts working after a couple of days.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Helps relive the aches and pains that come with the cold and flu virus. It usually takes a couple of days to work.

Cough Suppression
Helps with coughing after your cold or flu starts going away.

• Cough Suppression:

Good all around cold and flu medicine

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I used to take the liquid NyQuil when my cold symptoms were really bad. However, I hated it. I am not a fan of nasty tasting liquid medicines. Therefore, I was so happy when Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps came on the market. Now I can get the relief of liquid NyQuil in a convenient capsule form with no bad taste. It does a great job of eliminating and reducing cold and flu symptoms and helps me get a good night's rest.

Congestion Relief
This seems to do a good job at relieving my nasal and sinus congestion so I can breathe.

Chest Congestion Relief
Depending on how bad my chest congestion is, sometimes this doesn't help as much as I would like.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This does a great job of eliminating a fever when I have one. It also takes away all those aches and pains that usually come with a cold or flu.

Cough Suppression
This helps with cough but may not eliminate it entirely. I like to have a bag of cough drops on hand to use with this. If I suck on one right before bed it usually soothes my throat and helps with my cough.

• Cough Suppression:

The Relief of Nyquil Without the Taste!

from VA

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I hate taking any kind of liquid medicine. I can barely keep it down, and it is a chore for me. I used to gag down Nyquil because it was worth the benefits. I was so, so happy to find the NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquicaps. I have no problems taking pill of any kind and prefer them so much more to liquid medications. So giving me the benefits of Nyquil in pill form was so great for me. And, they work just as well as the liquid form, just without the nasty taste. It helps great for congestion, aches and pains, fever, sore throat and even runny nose. It helps you get to sleep when you would otherwise not be able to because of the symptoms of your cold. AND, it even does help with coughs. It doesn't STOP the cough, but it does weaken and minimize the cough so you can either sleep right through yourself coughing, or at least only wake briefly and get back to sleep. No hacking your lungs out all night long. The liquid gel caps are of average price compared to the liquid and to other brands of cold medicine. And you can find them right along anywhere you normally find liquid Nyquil.

Only works sometimes

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

This is a good product in the sense that there are no other products on the market that help you sleep when you are sick. However, it isn't perfect and it doesn't work all the time. I try to avoid taking it when I don't need it because I've heard that your body gets used to the chemicals and then it doesn't work at all. It's a good product and it does make me drowsy but it doesn't always completely make me go to sleep, which is the goal. I think melatonin works better, even though it's not for being sick. I do think taking Nyquil and Dayquil speeds up the recovery of your cold, but they don't completely help you go to sleep/stay awake. Overall, I think you should try this because I know a lot of people who it works really well for, but if it doesn't work for you, give melatonin a shot (it's cheap and it's a natural hormone that your body produces when you sleep).

Relief of Aches & Pains
This is the main thing it does - it puts your body in a resting state, making it easier to fall asleep.

• Cough Suppression:

For a great night's sleep while sick

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

As a teacher, I get lots of colds and flus each year (flu shot and hand washing aside). I can rarely take sick days, or even partial sick days, so I need medication that will help me sleep and recover as quickly as possible. I have a hard time with liquid medications, as the taste usually makes me feel worse to the point where I either can’t keep the medicine down or can’t get it down in the first place, so I am happy to report that Nyquil is one of my miracle products. The liquid gel caps take a while to kick in, so I generally take it about an hour before I want to be asleep and I usually take only one gel cap instead of the recommended two gel caps per dose since I often feel drowsy in the morning after taking two gels. Now that I’ve figured out the timing and dosage, when I take Nyquil, it relieves all of my cold and flu symptoms and allows me to get a complete night of sleep and not feel overly drowsy in the morning.

Very Effective Cold & Flu Relief

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

To me, one of the worst parts of dealing with a cold or flu is having it keep you up all night. It makes me so miserable, not only for that night, but especially the next day when I'm exhausted from not sleeping at all. When I'm sick, Nyquil does the trick to help me get a good night's sleep despite my miserable state.

This stuff helps you sleep amazingly well, as well as helping to alleviate annoying symptoms such as coughing and stuffiness. I love that I don't wake up coughing every five minutes during the night when I'm taking.

One word of warning, unless you have an extremely high tolerance for substances such as this, Nyquil will totally knock you out, and it won't take very long to do so. Don't think you're going to take this and get a few things done around the house! Wait to take it until right before you want to pass out, and then enjoy a good healing night of sleep.

Cough Suppression
This is great for helping you to sleep through the night without constantly waking up to cough. Since I think getting plenty of rest is crucial for the body to heal, this is something I like about Nyquil.

Overrated.

from Kansas

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I have never understood why so many people like Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps. They will knock you out, definitely and it will help with fever a little bit. But they have never done anything to help my coughing, sore throat, or any other flu like symptoms [aches, congestion]

The Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps are more convenient than taking the liquid form of the same medication and you don't have the disgusting taste to deal with, so that's a plus. These will lower your fever a little bit. I have a 103.0 fever and it knocked it down to 102.5 so it definitely doesn't compare to other medications for fever but it did help a little bit. The main aspect of this medication is that it will knock you out about an hour after taking it. I thought maybe it would knock me out and keep me asleep all night so I wouldn't be coughing and keeping not only myself up but my boyfriend too. I woke up about 3 hours later coughing and still had a really sore throat. So yes it knocked me out but didn't keep me out or help with anything really. Also, be ready for some really bizarre dreams.

I don't recommend this product. I have never had luck with it except for barely lowering my temperature and knocking me out briefly. It's never helped any flu like symptoms. Sure seems to work for other people but does nothing for me.

Puts you to sleep!

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

This product works great on colds. It can get rid of my congestion within just an hour and makes you feel better almost instantly. It provides relief from runny nose, congestion, sore throat, coughing, and just overall distress. After a few doses you will feel like a completely different person, and won't even remember that pesky little cold that got you down.
One of the more unconventional uses for this product, that I know a lot of people like to use it for, is actually as a sleep aid. Seriously, after taking it you will instantly feel drowsy and I know that it personally puts me out like a light. I've even heard of people taking it before or while on a plane to help them fall asleep and avoid jetlag. I'm not sure if this is entirely recommended but since it's mainly just acetaminophen I figure it's not really that harmful for your health if used just once in a while, and I know friends that swear by it.
Just be aware that if you have something important to do, finish it before taking Nyquil, as you'll be out for several hours at least. Which I suppose is why they suggest taking it at night. If you need relief during the day, you can of course always try Dayquil.

Vicks Nyquil liquicaps

from Lexington, Kentucky

Comments about Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I have always had trouble keeping any kind of cough syrup down as it really bothers my stomach I usually end up throwing it back up. Nyquil worked great for my symptoms but I just couldn't hold it down due to the taste. When I discovered the nyquil liquicaps I bought a box and tried them out. They work just as well as the liquid and there is absolutely no awful aftertaste from them. Some cold medicines are a little pricey but if they work the price is worth paying and Nyquil liquicaps work for me. There is also Dayquil for daytime use when you can't afford to be groggy or have to be driving. Nyquil has you covered anytime day or night.

Congestion Relief
Clears my congested head within minutes after taking them.

Chest Congestion Relief
Relieves chest congestion as well as head and sinus.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Helps with aches and pains especially aches due to a cold.

Cough Suppression
Clears up any coughing you may have within just a few minutes.