Other Shampoos:
TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo

TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Use it for soft, silky, shiney hair.

If you have damaged, tangled or even matted hair that feels dry...this is the shampoo for you. Yes my hair was once all the above until I tried Tresemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo (and believe me, I've tried plenty of others) with vitamin H & silk proteins. As you wash and rinse your hair, you can actually feel the tangles coming out and your hair getting softer. Followed by the conditioner, it'll leave your hair tangle free, easy to comb and shining. : )

Are the Pros worth ruining your hair?

I recently perchased these products after my hair dresser told me to get a moisturizing shampoo for my dry itchy scalp.  I used to use garnier and herbal essences, but i was informed that they contained floor wax.  The floor wax coats your scalp, makes it itchy, looks dirty, and when the floor wax dries it makes it look like you have a ton of dandruff.  I started to use this product for about a week and noticed it was resulting in the same concept as my old shampoo's and conditioner's.  I wonder if this contains the same ingredients, I was extremely dissapointed with this shampoo and conditioner.  My hair dresser recommended a clarifying shampoo along with a moisterizing shampoo such as suave.  I tried both moisture rich and smooth and silky tressemme and they both resulted in the same concept as garnier and herbal essences.  Suave, the recommended products are one of the cheapest out there but work the best i have found out.  I would not recommend any tressemme products.

Cleans and smells okay, but made my hair fall out

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I tried this because I like the TRESemme brand for their hairspray. So I was hoping I would like the shampoo as well. It washed my hair decently and smelled pleasant. But it made lots of my hair fall out!

It cleaned my hair decently but not as well as I hoped. Because it said salon quality, I was expecting it to make my hair really shiny and soft. I also expected it to keep my hair cleaner longer. It worked decently just as other cheaper shampoos I have used. After about 24 hours, my hair smelled oily again. So it cleansed decently, but my big complaint is that it made my hair fall out. I wash my hair every night. And, after scrubbing the shampoo into my hair, it would make about a handful of hair fall out after every wash. It seemed to be too strong for my hair. Maybe I should have used it less frequently?

It smelled decent. No better or worse than most of the other shampoos I usually buy. It has a fruity kind of scent. My hair smelt good a few hours after washing it using this product, but after that, it started to smell oily again.

A pretty good shampoo with the right amount

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

While I'm not a fan of shampoos in general (I did the no-poo for a while and wish I could've stayed with it, but my hair just was not feeling it), TRESemme is a pretty good brand. My mother liked to buy it when it was on sale, and it kept my hair relatively shiny and nice, especially when you consider that we had well water. Too much of it and those sulfates will go to work though. Flaky-ness, itching, the works.

It does what it's supposed to - cleans your hair - and does a pretty good job of keeping it smooth and shiny. I have naturally frizzy hair so I have to use other products to accentuate it, but in general TRESemme's smooth and silky does an alright job of taming those crazy strands and keeping them in their place.

This is one thing I like about TRESemme. They put out products based on effects, not smells, but it still has a pleasing scent. Sure, it smells like shampoo, and shampoo is shampoo. But it has just the right subtle clean scent to make you feel like you're really becoming fresh.

Love this product. The scent, lather, and price are all worth it

from West Virginia

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

The smooth and silky line from Tresemme does not disappoint. You get a huge container of the product for a very affordable price. The shampoo has a matching conditioner and you can usually pick up both for around five bucks!

The shampoo has a great scent. It is kind of citrusy to me, maybe lime or something. It's hard to explain really but it's refreshing and tart at all at once. It's thick and creamy and rich and it's white which I assume means it doesn't have any coloring in it.

The shampoo is a bit thick but once you add water and begin to lather, you get a great lather with lots of suds. It helps cleanse my hair and it adds tons of moisture to my hair afterwards. It helps me detangle my hair and it leaves it feeling smooth and silky with a great scent afterwards. I notice even when I air or blow dry, I am left with fairly smooth and silky locks that have a good luster. It works well on male and female hair as well as straight, curly, and color treated hair.

overall I am very satisfied with this shampoo. Pair it with the matching conditioner and it's a winning combo. Helped a lot with dandruff as well.

Very effective. Left me clean, silky, smooth, detangled, soft, scented lightly, and with significantly less dandruff than other shampoos.

Has a good scent that is citrusy and fresh. It pops and is good for guys and girls alike. It's strong in the bottle but subtle once applied, and it lasts for a day or two on my locks.

Great Affordable Shampoo

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I love Tresemme shampoo because it is a good price for a huge bottle and it works well.

I think it is a good shampoo that leaves my hair feeling soft and easy to manage, but you definitely need to use a separate conditioner. It doesn't work as well as pricier salon formulas, but I am happy with it. The shampoo works well in my long, coarse hair.

This leaves a nice soft scent in my hair, but it tends to dissipate after my hair dries. The scent could definitely be stronger.

Inexpensive product that delivers.

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I have very long (often frizzy) hair, and most reasonably priced shampoos leave my hair looking wild and unkempt. Now that I've tried TRESemme Smooth & Silky, I really wouldn't want to use anything else. I have found that this (great-smelling!) shampoo leaves my scalp feeling clean and my hair completely manageable.

The price of this product makes it doubly attractive. With this shampoo, TRESemme proves that you don't have to spend a lot of money to have great hair. Before TRESemme, I felt like I had to compromise on either the quality of shampoo I was buying, or the price I was willing to pay. But with TRESemme, I can have my cake, and eat it too.

For hair that is smooth, silky, and touchably soft at a great price, I highly recommend TRESemme Smooth & Silky shampoo. When used in conjunction with the brand's Smooth & Silky conditioner, the results really can't be beat. If you aren't satisfied with your current brand's quality or price, you should really consider giving TRESemme a try.

Clean smelling, frizz controlling softness in a bottle.

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I love using TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo every morning. I have been using this product on and off for about a year now (sometimes different varieties of TRESemme) and every time I try something new, I always come back to TRESemme. I love that no matter the weather, I have almost no fly aways after using the product and my hair stays incredibly soft all day. Best of all, especially since it is winter time in the mid-west, there is NO STATIC when I use this product. Love it!

Great Affordable Shampoo

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo is a very affordable shampoo, and it comes in a very big size container. This is really convenient because I don't have to be constantly going to the store to buy new shampoo. This keeps my hair very clean, and may hair does not get oily at all while I'm using this shampoo. This also keeps my hair moisturized, and it keeps my color vibrant. I have color treated hair, and this is safe to use on my hair. It does not make it dull at all, and it doesn't cause my color to fade.

This shampoo smells really good, and it keeps my hair smelling nice all day long. I also like that it is sold at almost all larger grocery stores and pharmacies. I never have a problem finding this shampoo.

This does a great job of keeping my hair clean. It does not make it oily at all, and it does not cause the color of my hair to fade. I think it also keepy my hair moisturized and looking shiny.

This smells good, and it keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

Pretty good shampoo overall

from Bethpage, NY

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I have tried this shampoo many years ago,it seemed to be pretty good at that time. I know it's good to change shampoos often,so I was thinking of maybe trying it again,but I really do love matrix products. The price for this product is good and the matrix I buy is more expensive. It really does make a nice lather,but I feel it was kind of drying to my hair and they state that it is used in professional salons but I have never seen it being used at any of the salons I have been to.

Overall I believe The scent is nice,the price is right .I have not used in a long time since I started using matrix sleek. I like that it is sold in many sizes including travel sizes.

From what I remember ,the scent was good. It was not too strong in scent,which I like. The price is decent and I do see coupons from time to time for this shampoo.Kind of like the name also. Pretty simple to use as most shampoos are. Does not really stand out amongst other shampoos.

Tresemme- Scenty ooh yay yay!

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I love this shampoo. It smells awesome!!! And it leaves your hair feeling light. Some shampoos make your hair feel heavy but not this stuff! It's decently priced and love the big bottles! I would definitely refer Tresemme!!! And plus it looks so cool when it comes out of the bottle, the liquidy substance itself is so pretty!!

Amazing

Comments about TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

Smells great and leaves hair exactly as it says it will. As someone with extremely dry hair and terrible frizz my relationship with shampoo isn't great but Tresemme is definitely a brand that I would use again and again.

Definitely a plus for people with dry and damaged hair. As someone who has color treated hair, this shampoo is definitely something I would recommend.

Smells great, definitely a huge factor in my purchase.