Other Shampoos:

LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar

Great for everyone.

from Florida

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Adds Volume
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Greasy hair
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

• Daily Use
    • Oily Hair
    • Thicker Hair
    • Thinner Hair

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

I knew nearly nothing about the Lush brand before picking up a couple of these Seanick shampoo bars. But now that I know about them I sure am glad.

First things first, its a good solid bar, but not too heavy which is important to me. The smell is great, the texture of the bar is comfortable in your hand. I was a little worried about how well it would lather but turned out to be pleasantly surprised by really how many bubbles it made.

I have fairly sensitive skin and this applies to my scalp as well. There was no irritation from using the Lush bar, which I was very pleased with.

It travels well yes but it is also good for everyday use. The bar is compact which is also compact which means it will fit in any size bathroom.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Great for Summer and Travel

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Adds Volume
    • Cleans Thoroughly
    • Lathers Well

Cons

• Dries Hair Out

• Oily Hair
    • Thinner Hair

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

Seanik is a shampoo that really changed the way I look at my own haircare. Before I bought this shampoo bar I was using herbal essences, and it never seemed to do what it said it was going to do. That all changed when I started using Lush's solid shampoo bar. Just like they claimed, Seanik gave me great volume and shine, which was awesome for my thin hair. I also have a rather oily scalp, especially during the summer, and this shampoo bar helped my hair stay so clean that I could wait three days between washes.

The smell is rather odd, but I got used to it fairly quickly. To me, it smelled like the ocean. I mainly had trouble when I used this bar in the fall- my hair and scalp started getting rather dry. I think this will be my go to shampoo for those hot, sticky summer months.

My favorite thing about Seanik? The fact that it lasted forever. My bar lasted from June until November! While the upfront cost of these shampoo bars may be a tad higher than the generic shampoos at the grocery store, it's a much better deal in the long run. It's also great for traveling- since it's a solid, you can leave it in your bag while going through airport security. You also never have to worry about unfortunate explosions.

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

My Favourite Shampoo

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

I love this bar, its my favourite lush bar that I have tried so far. The sea salt is great for my hair (on a dreadlock journey), smells beautiful, a nice rich lather, as with all Lush bars it last aaaaages too! I don't use conditioner on my hair and my hair feels great after using just this bar.

Recommended by my stylist.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

I was looking for a new shampoo that would not dry my hair out and would leave my hair really clean and my hair stylist recommended that I tried this Lush solid shampoo bar. I didn't think she was serious that it was like a bar of soap, but sure enough she was. I have very long and thick hair that gets oily really easy so I wash my hair every day which tends to dry out my hair. I tried this shampoo the first time and it was really easy to use. It washes in really nicely and it is easy to rinse out. I did notice when I rinsed it how my hair felt like I had already put conditioner in it even though I hadn't, it was very smooth. My hair after being style the first time came back to life. It had so much volume and was very vibrant and looked beautiful. I love that with this bar I am not wasting any shampoo and I only need to use a little bit. The bar lasts a lot longer than a normal bottle of shampoo lasts so even though it is a bit spendy it is worth the price. It leaves my hair looking beautiful and a nice smell to it.

Special treat shampoo.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

Since this shampoo bar is so cleansing, I only use it about once a month. It removes all the oil from my hair, even when I add olive oil and other scalp and hair treatments. It makes me feel really refreshed. It has helped with my dandruff and I notice a big difference for about a week after I have used it. It feels like it strips the length of my hair though so I add oils after I get out of the shower. The seaweed in it can make a big of a mess so I have to nudge them down the drain, but it does not get stuck in my hair. The scent is really nice and makes me think of an artificial ocean, definitely not the real thing. I find that it works better when I rub it between my hands then put it on my scalp. It feels too rough on my scalp when I apply it directly. I used this when my hair was dyed red to get the dye off my scalp and it worked, but it did fade the color. My hair is wavier when I use this, probably due to the stripping of product and gunk that has been left over.

Really cleansing.

Artificial ocean

Love this shampoo.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

The Seanick solid shampoo bar is one of my favorite Lush products. It is easy to use, and rinses cleanly without leaving my hair dry and tangled. I was a bit worried that it would leave bits of seaweed in my hair but luckily that has not been a problem. The bar lasts a long time, and in terms of price per usage, this is probably one of the least expensive Lush products. I definitely recommend letting the bar dry out completely in between uses in order to make it last longer. You should also store it on something that does not leave it sitting in a puddle of water, for the same reason.

This shampoo bar is easy to use and leaves my hair clean without turning it into a dry, tangled mess like some other deep cleansing shampoos.

This shampoo bar has a fresh clean scent that isn't overwhelming and doesn't linger after you wash your hair. It, thankfully, does not smell like seaweed.

Pleasure to Use and to Feel Economically Responsible

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

I purchased a Seanick bar probably around five months ago, and I've now just found myself running low on it, and I have a lot of a hair. I love the scent of the shampoo, and that it doesn't linger in my hair. It just leaves it clean and scentless. It lasts a decently long time depending on how often you find yourself washing your hair. One of the better features however, doesn't belong to the product itself, but for what the product stands for. LUSH produces all of their products responsibly, only using natural sources and paying fair wages to those that they employee. Ultimately, I can feel good about using this product, knowing that my money isn't squandered in a corporate shuffle, but rather actually reaching those who partook in creating it.

May hair is as clean as a whistle, and I don't find that it dries out my hair if I happen to run out of conditioner. The almost grainy texture to it allows for it to apply right to the hair and to lather very nicely. It produces a clean head of hair every time.

I honestly love the scent, it is very natural in its leanings, definitely caused by the seaweed in the product. I also like that it doesn't stay in my hair too long. I don't like when scents linger, as they can mess with my perfumes and such, so a short lasting scent is much more preferable in my book.

Great for Mildly Oily Hair!

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

The LUSH solid shampoos are absolutely fantastic and Seanik is no exception to this. If you have mildly oily hair or you need a shampoo during the summer to deal with buildup from perspiration. The Seanik formula contains a lot of salt and seaweed to give hair both softness and volume. In the summer this formula is particularly good for those of us who can't get to the ocean everyday for "beach waves". I have kinky, 4c hair that is naturally quite dry, so I don't need to strip oil from my hair very often, but during the summer I occasionally need a really deep-cleaning wash that won't be harsh on my strands and Seanik is perfect for that. I've found that using Seanik about once every few washes helps take out any gross buildup from sweating and helps my hair absorb my moisturizing products much better afterwards. Seanik also has a nice, fresh smell which is really great in the shower. As an added bonus, because Seanik is a solid shampoo, a full-size product can be packed into carry-ons without any trouble from the TSA!

Lush Seanick- The best of the bunch!

from Deerfield, IL

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

Ok, so I admit it, I'm a LUSHIE, albeit a new one.

As such, I've gone through the "testing" phase recently and tried quite a few of their shampoo bars.  Some I've loved, some I've hated (ok,   I hated, but it was just not compatible with my hair) and some are just ok.

Seanick is GREAT.  It is my absolute favorite.

I was skeptical that it could actually volumize my fine,straight hair, but what do you know? Without even telling family and friends, they noticed a difference right out of the shower, natural air dried! That got me excited.

This one may not be as flashy as Godiva with its gorgeous smell, but it certainly doesn't smell bad!

I'm just sold on how well it works. It seriously makes a difference without weighing my hair down. I think it has something to do with the seaweed/sea salts the Lush lady told me were in it.

I had one beef with it that I've since solved, mostly.  It does have a high melt-quotient if you aren't using a tin.  Solution? Use a tin! (rocket science, I know) I was trying ziploc baggies but it didn't work.   If you're using the tin be a little careful as it may stick some to the lid (though really that's not a horrible issue). What I do is I pat it on the dry towel when I get out of the shower and then replace it in its tin.

So far, this is my favorite!

A must-try product!

from Florence, KY

Comments about LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar:

I am new to the Lush line and was skeptical at first. However, I am really enjoying their products. This particular product, the LUSH Seanick Solid Shampoo Bar is one of my favorite products. I thought the sales person was joking when she said not to let the price scare me because it would last as long as 3 bottles of shampoo. It indeed has lasted that long! Just a couple of swipes across my wet hair and there is lather aplenty! My hair is left squeeky clean and manageable. This particular bar is touted as one to help volumize the hair, which I can't tell a great deal of difference in volume, but it is comparable to the liquid shampoo of another brand that I used prior.  I bought two bars so that I could get the free tin. I am very glad that I did because it is great for traveling. The tin with the bar is very light weight and of course there are no dangers of leaks. My only complaint about the bar is that if it is left closed in the tin for an extended period of time, there is a fairly bad odor. But once the tin is opened to air for a day, the smell is gone. There is absolutely no bad smell on my hair from the bar when it is used. I liked this product so well that I have bought it 3 times now and have it on my Christmas wish list!