Other Shampoos:
Shampoo for All Hair Types
Paul Mitchell

Pros

Cons

Great way to really clean hair

Another great product from Paul Mitchell. This Tea Tree shampoo really does a great job of cleaning all the impurities from your hair. If you use alot of products, hairspray, serum, mousse it tends to build up after awhile. This shampoo is made to clean all impurites from your hair while leaving it really soft and feeling great. The smell of this is really strong a minty smell. I have really long, fine and limp hair and this shampoo doesn't weigh it down at all. You only have to use this shampoo once or twice a week depending on the condition of your hair. Since I began using it I have really noticed a difference in my hair it seems more managable

Feel the tingle and burn of this shampoo

I bought this shampoo for my dandruff issue. I figured it would work because of the Tea Tree oil in it. I was also recommended by a hair stylist, however, I think she reccomended it because they sold it at the salon and maybe not because it would work on my hair. I have weird frizzy, curly, coarse hair that needs moisture. This shampoo, i have to say, dried the crap out of my hair and made it more frizzy. I thought at first it was me. My hair doesn't work well with new products for a week of using it. Then i guess it 'gets used to it'.  My hair will be the death of me, mind you, its over 18" long and this product dries my hair out from the root to the bottom. It makes the dandruff go away for a little while, then it all comes back worse then before. Not to mention there shoulse be a warning on the label that states, 'Product does tingle when applied to scalp'. The first time its almost scary how it tingles. I went to another hair stylist who said that the shampoo was drying out my hair. This i already knew, but its nice to know that someone else saw what I was dealing with. The hair felt like a brillo pad!!! LOL.

I switched shampoos and the issue is resolved.

Smells wonderful

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I really like this shampoo. I wouldn't say that it's definitely worth the price tag - I've found cheaper products that actually work better for me - but it's a nice splurge. The scent and the feeling that it gives you makes it worth it to buy it once in a while just as a treat. This shampoo actually makes you feel like you put menthol on your head - it feels cool (temperature-wise) and tingly - it's a weird but nice feeling. It smells so great, and leaves your hair feeling so clean. I don't think it does the best job at making my hair soft though.

This shampoo works well - not the best I've ever used, but it does a good job. It leaves my hair feeling very clean, which is the most important. I was surprised that it didn't leave my hair softer though.

The smell of this product first caught me off guard - it's very strong! - but it really smells wonderful. It's a strong, slightly sweet minty smell, and it leaves your hair smelling GREAT!

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I've been using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo for 3 years now, and I love it! I initially started using it because my stylist recommended it for my dandruff problems. Within a couple weeks my scalp was healthier, and I was flake-free. It was awesome because having dandruff was very embarrassing to me. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo also made my hair silky and shiny. I used to have dry frizzy hair. Not anymore! I also love the tingling feeling I get ob my scalp when I shampoo. It actually helps wake me up in the morning. I love the minty smell too. The shampoo is a little pricey, but the bottle is big and you can make a little amount go a long way. I love the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo that comes in a pump. It's so convenient and easy to use. I would definitely recommend Paul Mitchell Tea Tree to anyone who wants a clean healthy scalp. Plus anyone with dandruff will benefit from this shampoo too.

Tingles on your head

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I have very fine hair that is prone to dandruff. I heard somewhere that tea tree oil is supposed to be fantastic in your hair since it fights all sorts of nasties that could cause dandruff. I decided to give it a try even though the price tag was a bit steep for a bottle of shampoo. After rubbing it on my head I was impressed by the tingling sensation from the application and I found it soothing. Massaging it into my scalp was lovely and the smell was earthy and particular to tea tree oil. Some people may not like the scent, but I have used the oil for many other ailments in the past so the smell is comforting to me.

I felt it cleaned my hair quite well, although it did encourage my hair to produce more oils, which is not entirely a negative thing. Some people don't realize how stripping commercial shampoos can be.

I just love the small of tea tree, so it was a win win for me. Other people might find it too strong.

Paul Mitchell tea tree special shampoo

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

Let me start off by saying that I have a very dry scalp especially during the winter months which results in me having unsightly dandruff which I hate! So I'm always looking for a product that will help keep my scalp moisturized!
A hair dresser recommended Paul Mitchell tea tree special shampoo to me for my dry scalp. Trusting her hair expertise I purchased this shampoo along with the conditioner.
When I went to use it, I found that the scent was alright. It smelled minty and like pine, which wasn't the most pleasant scent in the world but I don't expect a scalp moisturizing shampoo to smell that amazing. I hated how weak of a lather this shampoo had. Afterwards, my hair still felt dirty and oily because this shampoo did not clean my hair very well. And on top of that, my scalp still felt dry and itchy even after using the entire bottle. I saw or felt no improvement in the dryness of my scalp.
Overall, this shampoo was not great at all. I can think of no redeeming qualities which was a disappointment because I paid a lot for this shampoo. Needless to say, I am no longer having my hair done by that hair dresser.

Good but not wonderful

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I have previously in the past purchased this Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo and I did like it for the most part. I do believe this shampoo is really good for men. It has a really pleasant scent that smells really good for a man although I know many women will like the scent as well. The scent of this Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo is a little over powering for me but that is because i like to smell my perfume over my shampoo. It does do a really good job of cleaning your hair. I fell very clean and refreshed after I used it. It does have any ingredient in it that gives your scalp a very nice tingly feeling that lets you know that it is working. It did not leave my hair dry and brittle like a lot of shampoos do. The only main thing about it that is kind of a negative is that the price is pretty steep as we all know Paul Mitchell products are expensive but most are worth the price. I would certainly recommend that anyone who can afford it to try it. And of course men this is the shampoo for you as it smells manly.

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I bought the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo after a trip to my hair dresser. This is the shampoo she used on my hair, and she had her shelves stocked with it. The smell is a little strong, but it weakens after my hair is rinsed. I can definitely smell the Tea Tree in it, but I don't mind the smell at all. I've used tea tree oil for years on my acne, so I'm used to the smell. I an actually feel the shampoo tingling on my scalp. It's a very invigorating feeling, and it wakes me up during my morning shower. If I don't rinse my hair well enough, it will leave my hair a little oily. As long as I rinse my hair thoroughly, my hair is soft and shiny all day. I use this along with the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner, and my hair has never looked better. I don't think I will ever switch shampoos. The only place I can find it is at the salon where I get my hair cut. I wish they sold it in stores, but I haven't been able to find it.

Great scent but it doesn't help with tangles

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I originally purchased the conditioner similar to this shampoo and loved it, but I am disappointed in the shampoo. I have long, fine hair and it makes my hair too tangled afterward. Even with a great conditioner, I still need to use a detangler in addition to shampoo and conditioner. Maybe this shampoo is better for those with shorter hair. The scent is fabulous and the brand is good, too! I'm just ready for a product that doesn't make my hair so tangled! Perhaps there is another Paul Mitchell shampoo out there for me that is better for long fine hair.

It gets the job done as far as shampoo goes - it washes, cleans, and has a great scent while doing so. But it leaves my hair tangled. And for me, that is not part of an effective shower experience. The shampoo does last a really long time, though.

I love the minty scent and feeling of the shampoo in my hair! I wish more products would have this scent.

The scent is too strong for me and product is too harsh.

from Michigan

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

My husband uses this product regularly and he loves it. I, However, do not. This shampoo drys my scalp and hair out. The smell may be invigorating to begin with but I got sick of it very quick. The smell is so strong that I can smell it in the bathroom constantly and when I pass the bathroom in the hallway. I am pretty much over the smell but my husband insists on buying this product. He says he likes it because it cleans deeply, it is antibacterial and helps his oily skin and hair. He loves the scent of tea tree. I am only rating this product higher than a five because my husband loves it so much and there are benefits for the right person.

It works good for my husband and his oil slick, but not me. This product strips my hair and skin of hydration. Tea tree does kill bacteria naturally and is effective that way. It isn't enough to endure the dry out that it causes me.

I am rating it a 7 because I HATE this smell and I have to smell it every time I go into the bathroom. It is strong and overbearing. However, my husband is in love with it. He loves it so much that I couldn't make him go without it.

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

Paul Mitchell has been around for so long that I don't even know how long. I have had my cosmetologist license for 23 years now and I started using his products early in my career. These are products that could not at one time be found over the counter. They are some of the best. They usually cost more than other products but they are well worth every penny. Cheap could never be once named upon them. Because they cost more, the products are loved by many.

The shampoo is great for people that have problems with dandruff. The natural tea tree oil in the shampoo kills dandruff which is nothing more than a fungus. After only a few shampoos, people with this problem will notice a significant difference. The shampoo lathers very well and it is very concentrated. The fact that it is so concentrated means that the bottle last a very long time. The hair gets very clean even after the first lather and the hair has a cool refreshing feeling on the scalp from the tea tree oil.

The tea tree oil smells similar to mint. It has a cool scent and the color of the shampoo is light green and sort of bluish. This is an effective fresh shampoo that not only cleanses the hair but makes the hair feel fresh.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo

Comments about Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo:

I first used this when I showered at my parents house. My mom uses it for her fine hair. I Ioved it. It smells so good and makes your scalp feel really clean. You can feel the tea tree working on your scalp. It is very invigorating and almost gives you goosebumps. The clean smell lasts and lasts. It reminds me of when you get your hair cut at a salon (that lasting smell and softness). It makes my hair super soft, and it stayed cleaner for much longer (2-3 days). I did not try to curl or style after i used it, so i don't know how it would affect that, if at all. I know the tea tree in it is good for clearing build-up from your roots and scalp. A lot of other lower quality shampoos can leave behind residue that makes your hair feel dirty and heavy. This does not do that. Tea tree oil is naturally antiseptic and healing, so I imagine this would be good for scalp psoriasis or dandruff too. You can feel the lightness of your hair when you first use it. I love this stuff! It is a little bit pricey and could add up if you have super long or thick hair. But, when you have the chance try it out. I will absolutely buy some more for myself.