Other Shampoos:

Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Volume Enhancing and Great Scent

The hair care aisle in the local grocery or drug store is overflowing with dozens of different choices for shampoos, conditioners, hair spray, and other hair products. When it comes to shampoo, I tend to scan the store shelves looking for something that seems like a good product but that is also not priced too high. One product I purchase on occasion is **Pantene Pro V Sheer Volume**, a hair care product for those whose hair could use a little lift.  **Shampoo Commentary:** Pantene is lightly scented, with a smell that combines citrus with a small amount of lavender. What I like about the scent of this shampoo is that it isn't overdone. It smells fragrant and nice, but it isn't overpowering in any way. If you pop open the top of the container and inhale, you will notice that the scent is pleasant but not too strong, making it a good choice for those who want to smell clean at close range but who do not want everyone around them to notice the smell of their hair due to the strong scent of shampoo. Another thing I like about this shampoo is its light gel consistency and its clear color. It doesn't have that slimy feel like you get with some shampoos and the lack of color makes me feel cleaner. I realize this is probably more psychological than anything, but the clear gel makes me feel like the shampoo is getting rinsed away properly. I feel confident that there is no residue left when my hair is rinsed. Speaking of rinsing, this is one shampoo that really does rinse away quickly. The level of lather is just right and the rinsing is very fast. I have shorter hair (my longest strands are only about 3 inches in length), so my experience may not be relevant to all people. But I can say with confidence that this shampoo is completely rinsed away in a matter of about ten seconds. It cleans thoroughly and is then flushed down the drain quickly, leaving hair squeaky clean and free from residue. One of the many reasons people buy this shampoo is because of the added volume that it brings to one's hair. Even though I have short hair, I can tell a difference when I use this shampoo. My hair isn't exploding with volume, but I can see a difference when I look in the mirror. My hair seems to stand out more, yet it doesn't feel dry like it does with other shampoos. The amino proteins present are one of the many reasons why this shampoo is so successful at producing the results it promises. Pantene Sheer Volume is safe for color- treated or permed hair. It can be used on any type of hair and it is one of several shampoos that do not list any specific hair type (oily, normal, or dry) to limit use. My hair is normal to dry, and this product suits it just fine. It doesn't over- moisturize, but it doesn't dry my hair and my hair quickly bounces back to form.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint**:

Overall, Pantene Sheer Volume is a very good brand of shampoo. Its one of several different brands that I purchase on a regular basis and it is one of a few products that I can count of for satisfaction and quality. I don't have the long, glowing locks that many people have so I don't need to take the extra precautions that many people do. But I still care about my hair enough that I won't trust it to anything and Pantene Sheer Volume is one of a handful of hair care products that gives me confidence to use every day. It performs its task with eloquence; leaving my hair full, clean, and resilient.

Seems Good Enough

I thought this would be a great product to try.  I am always looking to improve my hair's volume, and always need as much help in this area as I can get.  I know that this product helps me a little, but I think I was expecting more than I received from the outcome. It could be that it is working as great that it was suppose to, however given the product description I was hoping for me.  It does smell good, and it leaves my hair clean!

didnt like it

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

I used this pantene pro-v volume shampoo for a couple weeks when I was staying with relatives I did not like what it did to my hair. It left my hair really dry and damaged, I felt like it just coated my hair instead of actually cleaning it. I also did not like the smell very much and felt like the scent it left on my hair was giving me a migraine. It reminded me why I stopped using pantene in the first place but I did not expect it to leave my hair like that after using it for a month. Some of my friends love it but I personally wouldn't recommend it. Once I got back home and stopped using my hair got back to normal. I don't know what they put in it but it seems to leave some kind of buildup in your hair. I was surprised because the first day it seemed to be alright but after a couple uses it felt like my scalp was really dry and itchy. Next time I visit ill definitely remember to bring my own shampoo.

Flyaway, flyaway!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

Having tried other Pantene products before I was somewhat skeptical of trying the Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo. However, in a shampoo or no shampoo situation I was "forced" to try this product. Overall, I was pretty happy with the results of this shampoo, for a Pantene product. Would I buy it in stores when faced with many other options? No, definitely not. But if I were to choose between this and other Pantene shampoos this would be the one. It worked well at cleansing my hair, but other than that it did just an okay job. It left my hair feeling a little bit dry, but I compensated for that by using more conditioner (NOT Pantene). It left my hair with a lot of fly aways, probably more than twice the normal amount. It made a good lather but I was kind of disappointed at the price of this shampoo. I definitely thought it should be cheaper.

Smelled like a generic shampoo. There was nothing notable about this scent, which was fine because it is the shampoo and not the conditioner, which often has the scent linger.

Works great on thin/fine hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

While I have a head full of hair, it is fine, and straight as a board. The Pantene Sheer Volume shampoo has really helped to improve my hair and provide more volume.

With such fine hair, I have always experienced that feeling of build-up with other brands, which seems to just end up weighing my hair down more and leaving it feeling unclean. After switching to the Pantene Sheer Volume though, I have enjoyed the volume effects immensely. Even the conditioner leaves my hair feeling light, with no extra build-up.

Using just a hair brush and blow dryer on my hair, I can see the volumizing effects of the shampoo, without the use of additional products. I do notice that if I don't blow dry my hair though, the effect is less visible. The only other downside is that while this shampoo doesn't tend to leave my hair feeling heavy or like it has a residue on it, I do tend to feel like I need a break from it at least once a week and use a clarifying shampoo. Truth be told though, this may be more of a mental feeling than an actual issue. ;)

Adds A Lot of Volume

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

I really like this shampoo because it reduces the need to use styling products because it adds a lot of volume and body to your hair and really cleans. It doesn't leave a residue and has a great fresh scent that makes your health smell clean and look great.

I like that this shampoo reduces my need for hair spray after drying because it really adds a lot of body and volume. It makes my hair look thicker and fuller and doesn't feel weighed down. I like that it has a creamy lather and fresh floral scent that remains after my hair dries. This is a great way to make your hair have a styled and clean look. I like that this product makes my hair look healthier because it adds new life to it and is perfect for a day or night out. This shampoo gives me confidence in the look of my hair and makes it look great.

The scent is fresh and clean and reminds me of fresh flowers but not too strong. The scent lasts after it is rinsed out and makes my hair feel clean. I like that the scent remains after washing, but isn't too overpowering.

This is my all time favorite

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

I love everything about this shampoo. It cleanses wonderfully. It lathers so well even with a little bit of product. It let's me know my hairs getting clean as possible. I love the scent. The scent is subtle but noticeable. It's really cheap and a lot comes in the bottle it's easy to find. It helps strengthen my hair and keeps my scalp free of dandruff by moisturizing it thoroughly. I like the design of the bottle. My usual shampoo has a pump and it pumps out a lot by accident. The flip top is better. The ingredients are cheap I must admit. Luckily the ingredients list is short compared to other cheap shampoos so not as many harsh ingredients. It has never caused scalp irritation. Never scalp flaking. It gives my hair more body and shine. Its the best right before styling for me. It just cleanses all of the product off and clarifies well. It isn't over powering so I can have scents from my other products.

Great shampoo for the price

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

I've started using this Pantene Pro-V sheer volume shampoo a year and a half ago when I first bought it in a warehouse store aka Costco. And I've never changed to another brand since. It's a great shampoo compared to other brands. It's smooth and volumize your hair unlike other brands I've used in the past. The ones that failed me before, after I've washed my hair with it, it usually made my hair all tangled up and stuck together. There would be no volume at all, but this shampoo does all that well. It won't make your hair stuck together after you wash your hair, and your hair won't tangled up like the other brands would. The worse part to other brands is that, some of them even made me have hair loss. I'm not sure what kinda chemicals do those brands even use. I'm sure I won't be going back and use those ever again. This Pantene pro-v shampoo strengthened my hair and I never had any hair loss problem using this shampoo. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a name brand, and good value for the money shampoo.

Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo is very nice, I like it!

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo is a very nice product. I like it very much. I think that it does pretty much what it says it will do. However, I don't think it gives my hair big volume and that's what I look for most. I really like the way this stuff lathers. It gets my hair lathery in a very soapy way. I find that a little bit of this shampoo goes a long way. It will last and last you because the size you'll get is a big one. The scent of it is absolutely delightful. It smells "clean, fresh, crisp, airy" and it smells a little like a flower. I'm not sure which one though; all I know is that it smells really, really good. It smells so good, that it takes me awhile to get out of the shower because I hate to leave the scent. This shampoo really cleans my hair, and it gives my hair shine too, but not that much volume. I like the texture of the shampoo as well. The container this shampoo comes in is cute and trendy looking, which makes it easy to spot in a store. I do wish the price was lower, it can run a little on the expensive side. If you have a coupon that makes this shampoo a fair price. I think this shampoo's a good one and that's why I give it "4 STARS". I'd only give "Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo" a "7" on a scale of "1-10" though.

Pantene Pro-V sheer volume shampoo delivers as promises

from Newberry, MI

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

I have fine, straight and generally flat hair and I am always looking for volumizers of some sort. I recently bought a travel size Pantene Pro-V Sheer volume shampoo to use on my vacation. I was truly amazed with its perfomance. I used it with the Pantene volume conditioner as recommened and was very impressed with the results. Normally it takes me a half hour to dry my hair upside down, use a curling iron to lift the roots then use a root lifter and hair spray afterwards but with this shampoo and conditioner it took my half the time to do my hair and the results lasted all day which is amazing. Normally if I have been outside in even the slightest wind my hair would go flat and I would have to use hair spray on it over and over throughout the day but not when I used Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume shampoo and conditioner. As a matter of fact I just let my hair air dry most of the time, I didn't need the lift from the hairdryer. I am impressed with this product and would highly recommend it.

Good Quality with low price tag

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo:

I do online surveys and was sent a full size sample to try for four weeks. I was surprisingly impressed with it. Even when my hair was oily in my youth, most shampoos dried out my hair. A conditioner was always necessary after a shampoo. This shampoo has a fresh pleasant smell and lathers up nicely. It does not strip away all natural oils, but I continue to apply shea butter to the ends of my hair to prevent split ends. Guess no shampoo can do everything. This is a fine shampoo in a price range most can afford.

Volume Enhancing and Great Scent