Other Frozen Foods:
Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce

Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce

Not quite the same, but pretty good.

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce:

As the years have elapsed -- and nutritional awareness has infiltrated my consciousness -- I have made certain adjustments to how I eat.  It's Marinara (meatless) pasta sauce for me now and some of them are very good.  That doesn't mean I don't sometimes get nostalgic about the old days when I used to brown a pound of ground round and add it to my favorite sauce.  Ah, that greasy *ragout*, chewy chunks of meat, and sky-high cholesterol!  Sometimes I MISS all that, and so I was happy to find what I hoped would be a stand-in ... ***Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce***.

***Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce*** is fully cooked with instructions provided for heating in microwave or on the stove top.  I liked the flavor of this but it wasn't the same as the glorious stuff I used to concoct in the old days.  ***Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce*** contains tasty ground meat which has been broken down into itsy-bitsy tiny pieces, (probably the way it should be) instead of the chewy chunks of my own concoction years ago.

Also, I thought the sauce was a tad watery and thinner than my own.  Sure enough, water heads the list of ingredients which further includes:  turkey thigh meat, concentrated crushed tomatoes, salt, citric acid, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, wine, basil, salt, olive oil, parsley, pepper, oregano, and bay leaves.

**STATS:**

The package contains 12 oz. or 2-1/2 servings with each single serving containing 80 calories, 30 calories from fat, 3 grams total fat, 1 gram saturated fat, zero trans fat, 25 mg. cholesterol, 520 mg. sodium, 6 grams total carbs, 1 gram dietary fiber, 3 grams sugars, and 7 grams protein.  Also present are 20% (D.V.) Vitamin A, 10% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium and 6% Iron.

**TASTE TIP:**

***Trader Joe's "Just Sauce" Turkey Bolognese Pasta Sauce***  would have been too thin for me spooned over regular pasta.  It turned out to be just the ticket for a topping over steamed brown rice.  This was a perfect marriage of flavors, with the rice soaking up excess fluid and being enhanced by the sauce's seasoning.  I topped my serving with fresh Parmesan cheese and heated it up again just until the cheese melted.