Other Toothpastes:
Tom's of Maine
Tom's of Maine Children's Flouride-Free Silly Strawberry Toothpaste

Tom's of Maine Children's Flouride-Free Silly Strawberry Toothpaste

Feel good about the toothpaste your children use

As a mother of one I am constantly learning new things as I go.  In the last several months we have made the transition from “baby” toothpaste to “children’s” toothpaste.  There are so many different brands on the market that is hard to know which one to buy.  We have tried several other children’s toothpaste now (the ones with our daughter’s favorite characters on the outside), but have been the most impressed with Tom’s of Maine.

My daughter likes it because she loves anything strawberry, and I like it because it is all natural.  The toothpaste flavor is called Silly Strawberry and normally one would expect the color of the toothpaste to then be pink or red.  However, Tom’s of Maine does not use artificial colors or flavors.  This toothpaste is actually a paste and not a gel.  It is white in color and you can smell the strawberry scent.  Another aspect that I love about this brand and toothpaste is that all the ingredients listed on the tub e of toothpaste can be found on their company’s website letting you know exactly what each ingredient is and its purpose for being in that that product.  It makes me feel good that I know exactly what I am giving my child when she brushes her teeth with the Tom’s of Maine toothpaste.   They also do not test on animals.

I feel good about my daughter using this product and in turn I have begun buying the Tom’s of Maine adult toothpaste as well.

My Daughter Refuses To Use This

We have eaten natural foods for years. We do not eat sugar and we also grind our own flour, make our own food items and opt for less typical products that the rest of...Read complete review

We have eaten natural foods for years. We do not eat sugar and we also grind our own flour, make our own food items and opt for less typical products that the rest of the world uses.

Because of this way of living, I was very excited when I found Toms of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste. It fit with our all natural approach to health care and life.

**WHAT IS TOMS OF MAINE SILLY STRAWBERRY TOOTHPASTE LIKE?**

Although Toms of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste comes in a fluoride version, we opted to start with trying the non-fluoride version due to problems with fluoride on health in the long term.

The flavor is not sweet at all. In fact, it was so flavorless that my daughter refuses to use it. That tube sat in my bathroom even when it was the only toothpaste available. My husband used it and came in and said how awful it was. There is no sweetness to the paste- or barely, anyway. The paste is very gentle and not overly abrasive.

**INGREDIENTS**

* Glycerin-Skin moisturizing -Vegetable oils
* Water -Consistency -Maine aquifer
* Calcium carbonate -Mild abrasive-Purified calcium from the earth
* Hydrated silica -Stain removal -Purified silica from the earth
* Fruit extracts- Flavor -Strawberry, banana, & other natural flavors
* Carrageenan -Thickener -Seaweed (Chondrus crispus)
* Sodium lauryl sulfate -Dispersant -Derived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil

**HOW DOES THIS TOOTHPASTE PERFORM?**

Despite the high hopes I had for this toothpaste, Toms of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste was awful. Not only was the flavor really awful, but the cleaning ability of this paste was substandard. I felt like I had brushed my teeth with filmy icky stuff and when I was done, I felt just like I had not brushed my teeth.

**FINAL COMMENTS**

Although the concept was great, I did not like this toothpaste and neither did anyone else in my family. We opted to use non-sodium lauryl sulfate products when possible and this also has SLS in it, which is a product we prefer to avoid.

Great for kds

Comments about Tom's of Maine Children's Flouride-Free Silly Strawberry Toothpaste:

I bought this toothpaste for my son to use.  I wanted to make it easier for him to want to brush his teeth.  Well he liked it and so did my other children. Their teeth are nice and clean. No problems at all.  It smells really  nice too.  I was happy that I found an all natural and fluoride free too toothpaste for my children to use. One day I ran out of my usual toothpaste so I gave this a try.  Wow I now know why the kids like this toothpaste so much. The taste is great and it smells really nice like strawberry candy.  The strawberry smell does linger for a while.  In the summer the toothpaste can get a little watery.  I would have to wash off the outside of the tubes daily.  Very messy indeed. But it is natural so I can live with it.  I like that it has a flat cap.  Plus you can also stand it up on the cap.  The price is high for this toothpaste.  But it is worth it if your children are brushing after every meal.  I am glad I found this product in my local store.

Tom's is EXCELLENT for my Grandson's teeth.

from Tom Bean, Texas

My grandson is 3 and is just now learning to spit instead of swallow toothpaste so, at this stage in his life and desiring the reduction of chemicals in his body, Tom's Flouride-free toothpaste is EXCELLENT for this age. He loves the picture on the front with the strawberries being silly hence the name of SILLY STRAWBERRY and truly enjoys the flavor. He seems to love brushing his teeth with this product and asks for it when we go to the store for a replacement tube. Because he is so young, flouride is not needed at this age because of the absorbtion into the bone that can be detrimental to their health so this product is great for toddlers while learning to spit. If they swallow it, there's no panic on my part. I do, however, wish they would come out with a minty version that was flouride free as he loves spearmint and other mint products. Anything to encourage oral health is great for people so maybe they will read this and create a new flavor for the youngsters.

Not just for kids

Because of a gag reflex I get from using mint flavored toothpaetes , my dentist recommended trying children's toothpaste, as it is offered in a variety of other flavors. The active ingredients are the same as adult toothpaste, the only difference his that children's toothpaste is less abrasive. It has worked great!

Phenomenal product

The admiration of such a fine product is in high regards of a great recommendation, not only are they trustworthy, healthy, fluoride-free, as well as great tasting, but they are a great introduction to preserving your child's teeth, your teeth, and your family's teeth, for years to come.
There are several reasons in which I trust Toms of Maine, and its not sole due to the avast advantages in which one is capable of gaining through using a product that truly cares about there customers health care, and dental needs. But there presentation, which is strictly targeted to the children, and youth, to teach them a purely healthy way to care for ones self.
Like I had previously mentioned, the taste is Phenomenal in its taste, and children swear that it is yummy tasting. Which is a great ordeal, when struggling to get your young ones to brush regularly, and set a daily routine to do such

My Daughter Refuses To Use This

* Water -Consistency -Maine aquifer
* Calcium carbonate -Mild abrasive-Purified calcium from the earth
* Hydrated silica -Stain removal -Purified silica from the earth
* Fruit extracts- Flavor -Strawberry, banana, & other natural flavors
* Carrageenan -Thickener -Seaweed (Chondrus crispus)

**HOW DOES THIS TOOTHPASTE PERFORM?**

**FINAL COMMENTS**

My kids love this toothpaste!

from Draper, UT

I have really liked this toothpaste so far. We had to switch to a more natural toothpaste with no artificial flavors or colors because of my daughters specific diet. The kids seem to like it and don't complain about the taste,so I think it is kid approved.I like to be careful about what my kids use and I like this brand and trust it. The price of this toothpaste is not expensive cosidering it's a more natural one. I like that you can find this brand in most stores and not just the natural food stores.I like that I don't have to worry if my 23 month old son doesn't spit out the toothpaste when brushing his teeth.( He must like the flavor) I like that Toms of Main makes this toothpaste flouride free as well.I've noticed they have both with and without it, which is good for those who like to have flouride and those like myself that avoid flouride. Overall,I think this toothpaste brand and flavor is GREAT!

Good tasting and enjoyable

from South Jordan, UT

We purchase this toothpaste for our kids and they enjoy the taste of it and I like the fact that it does not have flouride and is made of all natural ingredients. The toothpaste is a resonable price considering that it is made of all natural ingredients and without flouride and we dont have to fight with the kids to make them brush thier teeth, they actually enjoy it! My two year old enjoys having his teeth brushed and runs to the bathroom to have them brushed each time our two older children are in there brushing. The toothpaste lasts a decent amount of time as well, we have three children brushing with it and it lasts a good month or so before we have to repurchase. Since our two year old is too young to understand the concept of spitting out the toothpaste the fact that it does not have flouride and is made of natural ingredients gives me piece of mind in the event that he swallows it. Toms of Maine is also a brand that has been around a long time and is a brand that you can trust.

My kids love it!

from Irmo, SC

I have 4 year old twins and we had been using the swallow-safe baby toothpaste for way too long. For some reason, I felt safer doing that than switching to the big kid stuff. Finally, I knew it was time to make the transition so we tried one of the popular kids' toothpastes found commonly at Target. I really wasn't comfortable with the strong flavor and bright artificial colors of these. Like many things, I wanted to find a more natural, safer alternative. I had been using Tom's of Maine toothpaste for myself and suddenly realized, why not try it for the kids? We bought the strawberry flavor and they like it just fine. They don't get excited about it, which is good. Toothpaste shouldn't be so sweet that kids want to chug it, after all. This has a nice mild flavor and a tiny bit of pink tint. Fortunately, the ingredients are totally safe and healthy. I was very pleased to find a list of all their ingredients on the website, including the source for each! It's great to have a company be completely honest and above-board about their products. Five stars for Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste!

Totally loving Toms of Maine children's toothpaste

from Latonia, KY

I did not have to look very far when I started shopping around for my little girl's first toothpaste after graduating from trainning paste. I have always had a high opinion and liking of Toms of Maine products. I got the silly strawberry non fluoride one and I as well as my daughter are loving it. This toothpaste had a great kid friendly taste that jordan loves, I have brushed with it just to try it out and the taste is really likable not to strong and over powering at all. a little goes a long way, the paste does not get to bubbly, it is controlled in the mouth. the 4 ounce tube lasts a really long time because you do not have to use that much. I have been using the same tube for over five months now and it is still not done. it is really effective at preventing cavities and keeping her teeth the whitest. I love that the tube is recyclable and the paste is natural and safe with no unhealthy fillers.

Best Flouride Free Toothpaste

from Mokena, IL

We've gradually been substituting many of our everyday items for products that contribute to a "healthier" lifestlye. Basically trying to cut back on the unatural chemicals and such that we expose ourselves to. We started shopping around for Flouride-free toothpastes, we found they did the job just fine but largly fell short when it came to taste and aftertaste. I'm not a cinnamon or mint lover when it comes to toothpaste to begin with and most of the flouride-free toothpastes we tried were too strong for me, one actually left a skin irritation around my mouth. I was not about to expose my child to these pastes. We picked up this paste which was geared for kids and tried it out. It was definitely worth the purchase! Taste is light and not overpowering, my daughter actually enjoys brushing her teeth if she gets to use it, its become a treat for her. I even prefer to use it for myself. It doesn't seem to foam as much as regular pastes, theres no strong after taste or anything that lingers around after brushing, and I find it cleans just as well as your average "name brand" toothpastes and better than many other flouride-free or "natural" varieties out there.