Other Toothpastes:
Colgate Total Toothpaste

Colgate Total Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Colgate Total Toothpaste works for my family!

My husband is kind of picky when it comes to toothpaste.  He doesn't like Crest toothpaste because he says their flavors are too sweet.  He doesn't like gel, so I have to buy paste.  He seems to think Colgate makes the best toothpaste, so I acquiesce and buy Colgate to please him.

Since I'm not picky about my toothpaste, I never really care what brand I buy, but I get **Colgate Total Toothpaste **because it seems to be a more all-in-one product that than other brands.  Some toothpastes claim whitening, cavity protection or tartar control, but this toothpaste claims to do it all:

- Helps prevent cavities

- Gingivitis

- Plaque

- Fights tartar buildup

- Whitens teeth

I have used several varieties of **Colgate Total Toothpaste, **Clean Mint Paste and also Whitening Paste.  They both have nice, minty flavors that my husband doesn't consider "too sweet".  I naturally have healthy, white teeth, but I definitely think this toothpaste helps keep them nice.  I haven't had a cavity in forever, and I have never had problems with plaque, tartar or gingivitis.

I always brush my teeth twice day, or more if I need to.  I definitely think brushing your teeth is an important oral hygiene routine, but it is also important for oral health.  I think toothpaste is vital to keeping your teeth clean and healthy, so I feel confident that **Colgate Total Toothpaste **is taking care of all my dental needs.

If it works, it works.

This is a decent toothpaste, it gets the job done. i prefer a baking soda and potasium nitrate homemade toothpaste. Just mic it in equal proportions, and add a drop of olive oil. Now just add water until it is a paste. Brush with it every 3 days and your teath will get whiter and healtier. For extra benifit, rub your teath with and strawberry and rinse with oliveoil before brushing. Then using a white washcloth, rub the olive oil off your teath gently. . It really helps with whitening them and also killing infections and cavities. also take calcium supplements. Here on I am just going to type about nothing because I need to get the 900 characters i need to complete it. Just ignore every word I type or symbol you see, it is all just complete nonsense. If I appear to sat\y something insensitive or rude i am sorry because im intending all of this to be ignored. If you want me to type something a little more sensitive, I will try but I am not entirely sure how. I mean how sensitive can a person type when typing about nothing. I mean I can't possibly imagine anything more sensitive then just going on and on and on about something. Like right here I am just blabbering about sensitivity because I need to reach the 900 Character quota. Well im almost there not just 59-54 more characters to go on here. I wish anybody who is still reading a good life. Bye.

One of the best toothpastes available

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

I've tried all the major brands of toothpastes (Crest, Aquafresh, Colgate, etc.), as well as many of the different varieties of each brand.

For cleaning power, any of the Colgate Total toothpastes would be the way to go. I've even done some research online and the Colgate Total line of toothpaste seems to get the best reviews from consumer groups, dentists, etc. from what I've read. I'm sure there are others that are similar, but I consistently see good things about Colgate Total. I do encourage you to do your own research, though, as there is always a chance you might find different results for your specific teeth cleaning needs.

Taste: I enjoy brushing with Colgate Total toothpaste, any of the varieties. They have a nice, clean mint taste. I have tried other toothpastes that tasted horrible. This toothpaste is pleasant, but not overwhelming, in my opinion.

Whitening power: I have found that whitening toothpastes in general don't seem to have that much effect on whitening. That being said, it probably doesn't hurt to use this toothpaste. I always find it on sale for the same price as other Colgate Total varieties, so why not buy the whitening. However, if you want a whitening product, you are better of with rinses or those whitening strips. I have found that both of those types of products do a MUCH better job at whitening.

Value: Another reviewer claimed it was too expensive. I would have to disagree. The price is in line with all the other major brands. If you are used to buying cheap store brands, then this might be a little expensive. But, you can almost always find it on sale somewhere or find a coupon. I don't think I've paid full price for this toothpaste in years. It's definitely worth the cost, even at full price, though.

My Dentist Gives This Out at Visits

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

My dentist gives this out after my visit in a gift bag with a toothbrush and floss. She recommends it for all her patients. She says it is the one toothpaste she recommends for clean teeth, fresh breath and plaque buildup. I use this toothpaste all the time and always get nice results. It helps with plaque buildup and leaves my mouth feeling minty clean. Colgate has been a trusted brand for years. I remember my mother buying it for us and it was the only brand we used when we were growing up. It does a good job of cleaning and killing germs and overall has a nice taste. You can get it in a gel or paste and some of them have whiteners in them. The Colgate Total does it all. Consumers should definitely try Colgate, there is a reason it has been around for years and that is because it works. It is good for any age individual even children. You can always find this on sale or a coupon for it and sometimes I find it buy one get one free so I stock up. It is a great toothpaste, give it a try.

My Favorite Go To Toothpaste!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

My wife is really picky about dental hygiene products- actually she is very particular about everything when it comes to brands because she is forever loyal to a good product so you can imagine my surprise when she changed toothpaste brands all of a sudden one day. We used to use the Crest Pro health toothpaste in our household and then one day she bought the Colgate Total Toothpaste instead. I found the Colgate Total Toothpaste was so much better overall. The paste itself didn't feel too watery or grainy. The paste squeezes out perfectly - no mess no fuss. I also like how it lathers up. It lathers up to a nice cleansing foam and my teeth feel really clean afterwards. The aftertaste of the this toothpaste is not too strong or weak- I think its the perfect toothpaste and I like it much better to all the other toothpastes I have tried in the past. A little goes a long way on my sonicare toothbrush- great and affordable toothpaste!

Colgate Total - Faithful - Tried and True

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

I have used Colgate toothpaste for many years and usually find that I find my way back to buying Colgate. This brand is one that I call tried and true and has proven the test of time. They have added lots of varieties and it is difficult to decide however I am finding that I keep coming back to my favorite that is simply called, Colgate Total.
I have had issue with the enamel on my teeth not being strong enough and my teeth were becoming extremely sensitive to heat/cold. I don't know what is in the toothpaste that makes the difference but I find that Colgate's Total works well to strengthen the enamel on my teeth and my teeth are not as sensitive to hot/cold as they once were. I love the clean fresh feeling that this toothpaste leaves in my mouth and the fresh breath that stays with me. I would recommend this toothpaste for the entire family. We find that it doesn’t have a strong overpowering taste. It is toothpaste that is reasonably priced and I love the coupons Procter distributes that can be used in purchasing their products. Colgate Total is just one of many fine toothpaste that Colgate has available and it is really just a matter of which one you like the best.

Colgate total works great

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

I have tried many different brands of toothpaste and I always seem to go back to Colgate total. It is the best toothpaste. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I have to do is brush my teeth. It always leave my mouth feeling fresh and clean. I use about three times a day to keep that fresh feeling. I would recommend this product to everyone.

Total protection with great taste

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

Colgate total is great tasting and leaves your mouth feeling very fresh. this toothpaste provides total protection from stains, cavities, and even sensitivity. This product is not expensive and you get a lot for the money. A great product from Colgate

Not too minty

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

I love this particular product. Colgate is the only toothpaste that I or anyone in my family uses. Not only because it leaves ones mouth not only feeling clean but actually clean, it also contains an ingredient that no other toothpaste contains. Also, the minty tast is not too over shelling so be can tolerate the "burn"

I will always use this brand

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

Out of all the toothpaste brand that I have tried out there, Colgate has got to be my number one favorite. I love the nice sensational minty feeling when I am brushing my teeth. And it keeps my breath fresh throughout the day. Another thing I have noticed about Colgate that it does a better job at cleaning my teeth. And that is something I look into when I am choosing a toothpaste to buy.

Protects Teeth Longer, overnight.

from Kaukauna, WI

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

Perfect way to end the day. Clean your teeth with this and in the morning, your teeth will feel like they are still clean. I do believe that this is the longest acting toothpaste that I've ever used. It keeps my mouth fresh for longer and healthy for life. I do believe that it's helped me to stay cavity free for a few years now. I make sure to brush at least 2 times a day.

colgate toothpaste leaves your mouth feeling fresh & rejuvenated

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Colgate Total Toothpaste:

Colgate toothpaste has become one of the leading toothpaste brands in America. This fact is not surprising considering the numerous amounts of benefits this brand has to offer. With the clean mint paste, your mouth feels nice and clean even after a long night's sleep. When brushing your teeth, you can feel all the bacteria in your mouth slowly fade away as the overwhelming mint conquers them in your mouth. As advertised, colgate helps prevent cavities, gingivitis, and plaque. It also fights tartar buildup and promotes the further whitening of teeth.

Another good pro about this product is that it is inexpensive and well known. It is relatively easy to find coupons for this product and many others like it in the daily circulars or flyers. Overall the colgate toothpaste is multi-functional and gets the job done.

Colgate is still used widely and I believe it will continue to prosper as a leading toothpaste brand for years to come.