Other Toothpastes:

Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Colgate Total Advanced Clean makes for white teeth

Colgate Total Advanced Clean Plus Whitening Paste, is supposed to 'help prevent cavities, gingivitis, and plaque. It states that it is gives an extra clean and healthy mouth.

The...Read complete review

The size that we have is 7.8 ounce tube.

The tube is the same as any other tube of toothpaste, but when you unscrew the cap, the fresh minty smell is really strong.

As with all toothpaste, you squeeze some onto the toothbrush, and clean your teeth in the normal manner, whether it is an electric toothbrush, or by hand.

Once used, my teeth felt clean, my breathe fresh, and my teeth looked clean.  Over time I am not sure whether they actually looked whiter.

Upon reading the directions it states that teeth should be cleaned at least twice a day and preferably after each meal. If we carried this toothpaste with us and then went into the bathroom after a Starbuck's fix, then I am sure that Colgate Total Advanced Clean Plus Whitening Toothpaste, would give the breath freshness that it states.

I find that all Colgate toothpaste works well, and it is really hard to say that one is better than the next.  If this does do what Colgate say, with cavities, gingivitis, and plaque, then I recommend it to families.  We have to keep our teeth in tip top condition.

Colgate is the number one toothpaste most recommended by dentists and hygienists.

Good but not good

Colgate Advanced Whitening toothpaste I first used a couple months ago. Got it from Wally World (Wal-Mart). Had been meaning to get a good whitening toothpaste and I figured that Colgate Advanced Whitnening would do that. Took it home used it for a couple of weeks. Had my whitening mouthwash also. I started seeing results with each use after about hmmmmm..........3 weeks of use? I'm just guessing. Either two or three weeks. All of a sudden I notice that my teeth are really sensitive. I'm thinking maybe it's normal cuz my teeth have been sensitive before.

On down the line now it doesn't only hurt to eat, it also hurts to even drink WATER! So, right about now I'm getting scared because for one I HATE the dentists, TWO, DENTIST'S ARE EXPENSIVE! So I go to a walk-in clinic. Was annoyed by the ignorant service there and my mouth was feeling a little better anyway so I left. Then, I thought about it. I said, "Maybe it's my tootpaste?" So I stopped using it and low and behold my teeth are no longer extra sensitive. I'm guessing this product isn't for everyone and I was one of them. Good product though but if you teeth start getting extra sensitivity DON'T USE!

Colgate for clean and healthy teeth!

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I used to be a Crest toothpaste girl, but now I only use Colgate. I've recently switched from Colgate Total to Colgate Total Plus Whitening, and the difference is clear!

My dentist has told me that my tooth enamel is rather thin and therefore, prone to stains. He recommended that I try Colgate products to strengthen and protect my enamel. I've noticed a great difference in the way my teeth feel throughout the day. Colgate toothpaste doesn't leave any grimy residue on the teeth. My teeth feel smooth and grime-free even after i've eaten. They feel so clean and healthy!

In addition to whitening toothpaste, I use whitening strips to improve the color of my teeth. The Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toothpaste helps to maintain the whiteness between strip applications. I don't know how strong the whitening properties are on their own, but combined with strip whitening, it's very effective!

It's a bit more expensive than other tubes of toothpaste, but I think it's well worth the splurge to protect your greatest asset-your smile!

Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Works Like a Charm

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I regularly use Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening and I am pleased with the results. It does everything a toothpaste should do, it cleans your teeth and gums and gets rid of bad bacteria. Our mouths are the germiest place, so you really need a good toothpaste to get the job done. Colgate is usually cheaper than the other name brand toothpastes out there, so if you are looking for a quality toothpaste that is more affordable, you can usually get a good sale on Colgate. As far as taste, Colgate does not taste as great as other brands. The Colgate toothpaste is kind of bland and doesn't have as much as a minty flavor as other toothpastes. But, it doesn't taste terrible either. This toothpastes does whiten your teeth, but not nearly as much as others I've used. I am not too picky about white teeth though. This toothpaste cleans your mouth and leaves it feeling refreshed. I know I never have to worry about bad breath when I use Colgate Advanced Plus Whitening.

Works great!

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I have been purchasing Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening toothpaste since it came out and love the way it leaves my mouth fresh. I like that this toothpaste does not leave me with a bad taste in my mouth after I brush my teeth. The toothpaste is supposed to help prevent cavities, help with gingivitis, and freshen your breath. The added bonus of the toothpaste is that it helps whiten your smile. I can say that I have seen a slight difference in using it as to the color of my teeth. I like how inexpensive this toothpaste is but I still try to buy it on sale or with coupons. I have tried many toothpastes and each one seems to have its benefits. This one leaves you fresh and whitens your teeth better than other kinds of toothpastes. So I recommend those that are looking for a toothpaste that is not overly expensive, that they try Colgate Toal Advanced Plus Whitening for dental needs.

My favorite toothpaste!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste is my favorite toothpaste to use. It does everything. It cleans my teeth, freshens my breath and whitens my teeth. The flavor is great as well! This toothpaste is available in many different sized tubes, so you can choose the one that suits your needs. I really like that it has the added whiteners. If you have very yellowed teeth, this toothpaste alone probably will not whiten them much. But it will help keep teeth whiter and to me it seems to prevent yellowing with regular use. So I suppose you would say that it is more of a whiteness maintenance than an actual whitener. This toothpaste is slightly higher priced than the average toothpaste, but it is not extremely expensive. And I have found that there are usually coupons available for it, or sales on it, or both. To me, it is worth the money. I like the way it cleans my teeth and leaves my mouth feeling fresh. I would recommend this toothpaste to anyone.

It has a taste that makes me want to brush more

from Warren, MI

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I like this toothpaste. I've been looking for a whitening toothpaste that I can tolerate the flavor with and this is one of them. The package design could use a little help. Its Too colorful and cluttered for my taste. Maybe its because its a total tooth care toothpaste that doesn't specialize in one tooth problem. I don't really like the color of the toothpaste but I don't hate it. The flavor is light and I really like it which is great because I have been brushing more than I normally do. The texture is very smooth and creamy. As far as how well it works I would definitely say it helps freshen breath. I feel clean and fresh after brushing and my gum sensitivity doesn't react to this toothpaste. As far as tooth decay, cavity protection, gingivitis fighting it seems to be about average. I don't expect that a toothpaste "with whitening" to do the job of a whitening toothpaste. So that fact that I haven't seen any real improvement in the color of my teeth doesn't really bother me because the yellowing hasn't gotten worse.

Colgate Total... 2nd best to Crest

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

Colgate Total Advanced is my second favorite toothpaste. Its thick gritty texture helps remove plaque effectively. The nice minty taste is refreshing. I do not see any continued affects of whitening with this toothpaste, or with any whitening toothpaste for that matter. However, I always buy the Colgate Whitening line hoping it will eventually brighten my pearly whites.

Fortunately, Colgate Total is a reasonably priced toothpaste that is effective and high quality. This is the main reason I purchase it over any other brand. Crest is still my favorite, but I get the most bang for my buck out of Colgate. Like Crest, Colgate Total has a well designed quality tube and packaging that is easy to keep clean and from which to extract the remainder of the paste. I think the formula of Colgate Total could use a stronger minty taste that would help keep my breath fresher for longer like Crest can.

Love this toothpaste!

from Connecticut

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I love this toothpaste! It makes my mouth feel so much fresher compared to other toothpastes. It is very good at keeping your teeth clean and keeping your smile white. The taste of it isn't bad either. I have tried some pastes where the taste is unbearable and can burn but this paste is actually pleasant. It leaves me feeling minty fresh. I do also feel like it does whiten your teeth a little. I love to use this toothpaste after flossing. I think it is great if you have any start of gingivitis issues. It is not expensive either and you can often find many manufacture coupons. I can always find it on sale somewhere which makes me love it even more! My dentist even recommends this toothpaste. I was actually given a sample by my dentist to try after one of my cleanings. My mouth always feels healthier after brushing with this toothpaste. I even like to do a midday brush because I love this toothpaste so much!

Does its job good, but wish it came with stripes

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I used Colgate before I moved on to using Crest three years back. But recently I received a travel size sample of Colgate Total Advanced Plus whitening toothpaste. As I am a regular tea and coffee drinker I thought to give it a try for the whitening property. As soon as I squeezed the pate on my toothbrush I hated it. I just can’t stand toothpaste that has only white color. The crest toothpaste that I use also have whitening property which have a striped gel and added scope in it.
Other than the pure white color that I dislike the Colgate total toothpaste is good. It does its job of cleaning the teeth pretty good. After using the toothpaste the mouth feels fresh and the teeth clean. The taste of the paste is OK. I would recommend it to people who do not have any problem with white color toothpaste. I just wish it came in some other form also. It surely does its job of whitening the teeth.

Colgate's Advanced Plus Whitening Works Beautifully

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I was recently trying to find a new whitening toothpaste as I wasn't happy with the product I had been using. I hah had good luck with Colgate products in the past so I decided to give Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste.

There were a number of things I liked about this product. One of the best things was the taste. It wasn't too strong or bitter and left my mouth feeling fresh. Another thing I really liked about this product was that it isn't as expensive as some other whitening toothpastes. In addition, I like the fact that it comes from a brand I trust.

The only real negatives I found were one that it made my teeth slightly more sensitive to heat and cold, but all whitening products do that to me. Also the whitening is very subtle so this wouldn't be right for someone looking for a radical change.

I would recommend this product for people looking for an inexpensive whitening toothpaste.

Loving this toothpaste!

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I have bought this product many, many times over throughout the years because I love it that much! I love Colgate as a brand and I have never met a toothpaste from them that I didn't care for. They put out great quality products; there is a reason that they are one of the top toothpaste brands out there. I particularly love this version - the Total Advanced Plus Whitening Toothpaste. I always try to find toothpastes that are whitening since I am a big lover of coffee. I notcice that it does seem to make a difference in the whiter appearance of my teeth. I also love it's refreshing flavor. It isn't too harsh like some can be. It also doesn't taste like baking soda, which a lot of whitening toothpastes out there. This is a great way to start my day, and I always have complete confidence that my breath smells great when I use it. This is and will stay a staple in my household for years to come!