Other Toothpastes:
Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth

Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth

Pros

Cons

Sensodyne Pronanmel toothpaste really is recommended by dentists

There are so many commercials that try to tell you that their product is recommended by doctors. Well, it could be true, but my doctor doesn't spend the entire appointment recommending products! However, Sensodyne Pronanmel toothpaste really is recommended by dentists, especially the dentist that I go to. She told me,  "Combine genetics with diabetes and you have a combination that will damage your gums."  I was totally surprised when my dentist told me that my gums were beginning to recede and that cavities would form at my new gum line. However, she told me not to give up and order dentures. She suggested that I switch toothpastes and buy Sensodyne Proenamel because it will not only help my gums but also rebuild enamel where other toothpastes have worn away the enamel trying to whiten my teeth. Obviously, whitening your teeth with an abrasive toothpaste, which is what I had been doing, is not a good idea. That very day, she gave me a sample of the Sesodyne Proenamel toothpaste. After using it for a couple of days, I felt that I was really doing something good for my teeth. I have now switched totally to Sensodyne Proenamel, and I can't wait until I see my dentist again in six months.

PRONAMAL NOT SO GOOD FOR ME

I have been using Sensodyne toothpaste for many years so I thought I would try their Pronamal for Sensitive teeth.

I loved how it cleaned my teeth and my mouth felt...Read complete review

I loved how it cleaned my teeth and my mouth felt like I just used a mouthwash, especially in the mornings.  And you know how "morning breathe" feels, well I noticed that when I woke up that terrible taste just wasn't there. Now isn't that just a great feeling!

But, after using it for several weeks I started to notice that my teeth were hurting.  Even if I did not have anything to eat or drink, they would start to hurt.  I stopped using Pronamal and went back to my regualr Sensodyne toothpaste.

It took a couple weeks to get the discomfort stopped.  I have not returned to use the Pronamal but I will do so sometime in the future to see if the same thing happens. This is a good product  and I will see if I can use it again because I did like the way my mouth felt after using it .

Pronamel toothpaste

Comments about Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth:

I have mixed feelings about this Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride toothpaste. At first, I really loved it, and I couldn't wait to tell my dentist about how great it was. I have always had sensitive teeth. It was mostly my front teeth on the top and the bottom They were really sensitive to cold, especially ice cream. After two weeks of using this toothpaste, I noticed my teeth weren't as sensitive to my ice water. The next time I bought ice cream, I stuck my top teeth straight into it, and it didn't bother me at all! I was so excited. The product says it helps with sensitivity because it helps re-harden enamel. That made complete sense to me, until I spoke to my dentist. He said there is nothing in the formula of this toothpaste that has be scientifically proven to re-harden enamel. He said he thought the toothpaste was a scam. I don't understand why he would say that. I definitely noticed a difference. There has to be something about this toothpaste that works, but my dentist said it cannot possibly strengthen teeth.

Great for sensitive teeth

from Stroudsburg, PA

About my teeth: I have sensitive teeth and gums. I used to drink a lot of coffee and soda, and I've also tried a bunch of different teeth whitening products.

Information on this product: ProNamel is great for sensitive teeth. It helps to restore the enamel in your teeth. It has fluoride to protect your teeth from getting cavities. It's supposed to help decrease the sensitivity in your teeth.

My Review: I was recommended by my dentist to try using Sensodyne ProNamel toothpaste, because my teeth are sensitive. Not only does this not irritate my teeth or gums, it has made my enamel stronger. My teeth are very shiny and healthy. I feel like they get a lot cleaner with ProNamel, and I actually enjoy brushing my teeth now because this doesn't irritate them It has also helped make my teeth a lot less sensitive. My teeth are usually sensitive to cold, but cold drinks have been bothering me a lot less. The taste of this toothpaste is really nice, and leaves my breathe smelling fresh all day. The packaging of the Sensodyne ProNamel toothpaste is really nice too, it makes it easy to dispense the toothpaste without making a mess.

I would definitely recommend the Sensodyne Proname Anti Cavity Fluoride toothpaste if you have sensitive teeth. I would also recommend to use it if your enamel is wearing down, because it will help your enamel to get stronger again.

Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth

Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth is the only type of toothpaste I will use. I have been using only Sensodyne products for the last five years because I have such sensitive teeth. Before I switched to Sensodyne; you would never see me eating ice cream or even drinking anything with ice in it. Even coffee would hurt my teeth. So I had sensitivities to the heat and to the cold which made life almost intolerable. I mostly have great teeth except for the sensitivity. Two times since I started using Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth; my fiance bought me Crest for Sensitive teeth and it didn't nearly compare. I used the Crest for about a week and by the end of the week; my teeth were so sensitive already. As far as I'm concerned, Sensodyne Is the only way to go if you suffer from sensitive teeth. I can now eat ice cream and drink whatever i want. It's great to actually find a product that will make your life better. Especially something as little as toothpaste. I give Sensodyne two thumbs up. Thank you Sensodyne!

This Toothpaste Really Helps

While at the dentist for my yearly checkup, I found out the enamel on my teeth was starting to thin and making my teeth more sensitive. My dentist recommended Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth. I did follow his instructions and started using the toothpaste immediately. I like the minty flavor of the toothpaste and that it is easy to rinse out. I also like that it doesn't leave an overwhelming aftertaste after brushing and rinsing. This toothpaste cleans my teeth really well and leaves my breath fresh as well. I have had problems in the past with finding a toothpaste that didn't hurt my sensitive teeth. I have had no problems with sensitivity since using Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth. I am more than satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone with sensitive teeth issues.

Great for Sensitivity

Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste has been unlike any other toothpaste I have ever used. For weeks my teeth were throbbing. My dentist suggested trying this toothpaste to lessen the sensitivity. I purchased this at a local drug store and after the first use I noticed a difference. I have been using this for 6 months and have no issues with sensitivity any more. The Alpine Breeze flavor is my favorite one so far. This is a great every day toothpaste for me. It contains fluoride so no other toothpaste is needed in addition to this. A normal amount to cover the toothbrush is all that is needed. I like to brush and leave it on my teeth for a little bit before rinsing. It is also great at maintaining my enamel and protecting it from the possible side effects of drinking a lot of soda. Since using this I have had great oral health with dental check-ups. It is great at helping keep plaque and tartar down. I also use this with my electric toothbrush with no sensitivity issues either.

Sensodyne is great for sensitive teeth

from Arlington, TX

I have Sensodyne on hand whenever my teeth hurt or when I'm using harsh products on my teeth such as whitening strips. I notice that my teeth stop hurting shortly after. In addition, it doesn't bother me when I do other normal activities such as eat ice cream or drink cold water. I find that Sensodyne allows me to do regular things that would otherwise irritate my teeth. It's not expensive at all and I think that everyone should keep a tube in their bathroom just in case your teeth start feeling extra sensitive one day. My one complaint would be that it doesn't really give me a fresh clean mouth feeling. I know that when I brush, that I have cleaned my teeth, but it doesn't feel that way. In addition, it doesn't foam up like other toothbrushes do. I like it when toothbrushes have 'suds' because I feel like it covers more surface area that way. Usually for minor problems, brushing my teeth night and day with Sensodyne will fix it within a day or so.

great for sensitive teeth

from Saint Louis, MO

My husband had very painful sensitive teeth before using this toothpaste. Since switching to sensodyne pronamel his teeth have no pain. It has been such a great product for him, really life changing because it took away his pain. My teeth and mouth feel clean and fresh after using. I would recommend this toothpaste to anyone with tooth sensitivity problems; it works great with no prescription. A previous dentist had me on a prescription toothpaste, but my current dentist had me switch to this and I've been very happy that I have. It is worth it's price and easily found in most stores. The tube is a little small so I typically pick up two to save a trip to the store. I have no complaints about this product; we have had no problems with it. I do have my children on another product because of the fluoride in this toothpaste, I just can't get them to not swallow it. I wouldn't say it is for the whole family, but it is certainly worth it if you have any problems.

Protects and helps with sensitivity, win-win

from Toledo, OH

Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth is the toothpaste that was recommended to me by a dental professional. I was reluctant to try it in the past because I thought that it wouldn’t taste good or may be gritty and it turns out I was wrong about both things. This toothpaste kind of foams up in your mouth, but not a lot, just enough that you know it is getting every where it needs to. It tastes really pleasant and I have to say that over time it definitely made my teeth less sensitive. It took maybe about a month before I noticed a big difference but it is so nice now that they are less sensitive. This toothpaste also freshens my breath nicely – my whole mouth feels really clean when I use it. It is not harsh to my teeth but it definitely does a good job. It makes my teeth less sensitive to extreme cold or hot too so I have enjoyed that benefit as well.

Great for Sensitivity!

from Southfield, MI

I definitely suffer from tooth sensitivity. If I would eat anything that was too cold, I would get serious pain shooting through my teeth. Sometimes candy or food with sugar in it would also trigger the shooting pains.
After talking with my dentist, I decided to try Sensodyne. I made this decision because in addition to offering sensitivity protection, Sensodyne Pronamel Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste also promises to help protect the enamel on your teeth.
Sensodyne Pronamel definitely works to stop tooth sensitivity. Since I started using it I haven't had any problems with tooth pain caused by tooth sensitivity.
The only reason I rated this a 9 rather than a 10 is that I buy the one that promises "gentle whitening" and I haven't noticed any real whitening, gentle or otherwise. I've been using this tooth paste on and off for a few years now. The lack of whitening isn't enough reason for me to stop using it since it helps with the sensitivity so much.

This sensitive toothpaste does a great job!

from Albuquerque, NM

I recently had a tooth removed and afterwards ended but with a mouth full of very sensitive teeth (to both hot and cold.) My husband was using this brand of toothpaste so I tried it and with 2 days all sensitivity had ended. I stopped using it for awhile but the sensitivity came back so now I use it once a day. I do not care for the overall taste of it. It is a mint flavor and while not bad it doesn't leave a nice cool minty flavor afterwards. I have solved the problem by using a regular mouthwash afterwards and the toothpaste still works to help the sensitivity of my teeth. I personally don't know if the enamel part is working for me but the dentist did tell my husband the enamel on his teeth is great and he drinks tons of citrus drinks which destroy enamel so I feel the toothpaste is working well on that too. I have tried several other restoring, sensitive type toothpastes and I have found this one to be the best of all of them. It seems a bit pricey compared to other toothpastes but it really does live up to its name