Other Toothpastes:

Sensodyne Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

My Teeth No Longer Hurt

I used to think that I had cavities -- lots of really bad cavities in my molars. I'd run to the dentist and tell him that it hurt when I drank a soda or ate a candy bar. Obviously it was the sugar hurting my already damated teeth. The dentist told me on multiple occasions that there weren't any cavities but, finally, someone on his staff mentioned that I may have sensitive teeth. I tried Sensodyne toothpaste and lo and behold my toothaches disappeared! On occasion, I'd used other products (I'm not really sure why) and each time my teeth begin hurting again. When I use Sensodyne -- even just one brushing -- the pain goes away. The toothpaste tastes fine and is totally worth the price because having pain in your teeth is awful.

should work better for the price they charge, not a good product

I had been using the sensodyne maximum strength toothpaste for at least a year and I couldn't tell much of a difference. My dentist had recommended it and my dad had used it. I was expecting a much better result. My teeth still hurt when I breathed in cold air or ate or drank anything that wasn't at room temperature. I was still having problems with sensitive teeth and the cost for this product was too high and the tube was smaller then regular toothpaste tubes. I have been using aquafresh toothpaste for sensitive teeth for a couple months and I already feel a difference. I don't recommend using sensodyne toothpaste. Save a few dollers and try the aquafresh.

Sensodyne does have many different types os toothpaste to choose from and it tastes good, but it just doesn't work as well as I expected for the cost of it.

The Only toothpaste I will ever buy

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I have really sensitive teeth so when I saw a commercial for Sensodyne toothpaste and it said "Number one dentist recommended for sensitive teeth" I decided to try it out for myself. I do not care too much for the taste, but it does not taste horrible really. I wish they made a cinnamon flavor of Sensodyne toothpaste. My teeth are still sensitive, but after using Sensodyne toothpaste for the past couple of months, they are definitely less sensitive than they were when I was using Close Up toothpaste. My teeth are whiter, my breath is fresher, and I do not feel like I am so close to having Gingivitis, which runs in my family. I feel much more protected from Gingivitis and bad breath, and my teeth do not hurt as bad when I eat ice cream or any hot foods. If you have sensitive teeth, or if you are worried about things like Gingivitis, I strongly recommend that you buy Sensodyne toothpaste today and put all of that behind you.

If You Have Sensitive Teeth, Sensodyne Works

from Edmeston, NY

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I am always suspicious of things that I put into my body with chemicals in it. But I was having a lot of pain with my teeth and my dentist said that I didn't have any visible problems with them. So, he recommended using Sensodyne. I was reluctant to do so, but my teeth were bothering me so much I thought I would try it. This is actually not the first time that I tried it. I bought it years ago when I was having some minor pain, but only used it once or twice. This time, I used it and after a few days, my teeth stopped hurting. I didn't read the instructions, so I kept using it for several weeks, but then I read the instructions and it seemed like I didn't have to keep using it. So, I stopped and my pain hasn't come back at all and its been months now. I don't know how using toothpaste that doesn't have an anesthetic in it can stop your teeth from hurting, but it did and does. So I highly recommend this product. It really works!

Great for sore teeth!

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

My dentist recommended Sensodyne toothpaste to me about a year ago. I have very sensitive teeth and a receding gum above several of my teeth, making it extremely painful to eat anything cold. Ice cream was torture, and I had to give it up (even though it was one of my favorite desserts). There was also an ache in my molars that would come and go, regardless of what I was eating or the temperature. I didn't know how to get it to stop. I explained it all to my dentist, and he recommended Sensodyne with extra fluoride.

At first, I found it a little pricey (when compared to other toothpastes on a college budget) and figured it probably wasn't worth it, but eventually the pain got to me and I broke down and bought it. Best decision ever. As soon as I started using it, the ache went away and the spots where my gum has receded no longer hurt. It does leave kind of a funny taste in your mouth and isn't the freshest-tasting, but the effects are well worth buying it. I found that I don't need to use it every day, but that even using it once every few days is enough to prevent the pain from coming back and keep my teeth strong. Since I'm not partial to the flavor, I usually use a different toothpaste in the morning and throughout the day, and then use Sensodyne before going to bed every few nights. It works like a charm in keeping my teeth from hurting!

The Best Out There

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I have suffered from sensitive teeth for years. I have tried various "sensitive teeth" brands, and other home remedy tricks to overcome this problem. None of them have worked. The Sensodyne brand is by far the best product to help with this issue.
What this product does is it numbs the tiny path ways that expose your roots. These exposed roots are caused by receding gum lines, and soft spots in the teeth. One thing I will note, is that Sensodyne doesn't work immediately. It will take about a month before you have noticeable results. Fortunately my dentist told me about this, otherwise I would have probably given up on it.
I have been using this product consistently for a little over a year now, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who suffers from sensitive teeth. The only draw back I can find, is that depending on where you get it, it can be a little on the pricey side.

Love Sensodyne, But The Tube Says To Only Use for 3 Weeks?

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I have always had extremely sensitive teeth. A few years ago after getting my teeth whitened they were more sensitive than normal. My dentist recommended I give Sensodyne Toothpaste a try. He gave me a sample, I used it all and felt such a difference that I went to buy my own tube of toothpaste. After using the toothpaste for a few weeks, I was reading the tube and it had a warning saying not to use the toothpaste for longer than three weeks. I don't know if it damages teeth or what, but I thought it was a little silly that they are willing to sell large tubes of toothpaste, but you're only allowed to use half of it. I quit using it at that point, but used it again (for only three weeks!) about six months later. It is worth keeping around.

While using this toothpaste, I could notice a distinct difference in the sensitivity of my teeth. When I breathed in or drank cold beverages, I was not in pain like I normally was due to my sensitive teeth.

The only negative aspect of this toothpaste is that it is a little on the expensive side. I have tried generic versions of Sensodyne, however, and they have not been as effective. I would say Sensodyne is definitely worth the cost!

Great for Sensitive Teeth

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I use Sensodyne Toothpaste often. I tend to pull it out when my mouth starts to hurt and my teeth ache. It's great because i don't feel in more pain from it and it helps relieve the pain in my mouth from my bad teeth. I need lots of dental work and this is really the toothpaste to use. I also like to pair this toothpaste with a battery operated toothbrush. Makes a huge difference to my dental hygiene. I like Sensodyne better than other toothpastes that are out there for sensitive teeth. I've seen and tried lots of other brands, but Sensodyne is the only one to use to take care of your teeth. There are also occasional store sales on Sensodyne to get more bang for your buck and there are often coupons in the Sunday paper to help bring the cost down even more. You cannot go wrong with Sensodyne and there are so many different options to choose at the store under the Sensodyne brand.

Ineffective

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I bought the Sensodyne Toothpaste on the recommendation of my dentist. It was pretty expensive, and he had also given me a sample of it to try. I have extremely sensitive teeth - whenever I eat ice cream or have a cold drink, my teeth just ache. They even hurt if air is blowing on them. I was desperate to find a toothpaste product that would help strengthen my teeth so they would not ache so bad. I have to tell you, the Sensodyne Toothpaste did not work as promised! Instead of helping my teeth be stronger, it actually made them hurt worse! My dentist could not believe it when I told him that. But right after I would brush my teeth with the Sensodyne Toothpaste, they would ache for a bit afterwards. Then they started hurting a lot worse, so I stopped using it. Once I stopped using the Sensodyne Toothpaste, the pain went down again back to "normal." I went back to using my regular toothpaste.

This really helped my sensitive teeth.

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I was shocked with pain the first few times I ate candy or something soft and sweet, and my teeth would start throbbing like crazy! I didn't really have any problem while drinking hot things, but cold drinks would just kill me as well. I went to the dentist, expecting to find some cavities, but I was told that my enamel was really worn down bad. My dentist said that I practically had "osteoporosis of the teeth". That was not good news for me. He assured me that there were toothpastes and treatments that could help. After prescribing me some calcium building pastes, he also recommended that I stop on the way home and buy this sensodyne toothpaste to start using right away. I did as he said, and used it that night. It did not feel any different right away, but I did notice some improvement in gum pain after a few days. Of course I was also being more conscientious of what I was eating. By the time I had my next checkup my dentist saw minor improvements in the thinness of my teeth and encouraged me to keep using sensodyne, which I do once a day. It really does keep my sensitive teeth pain free.

Sensodyne makes my teeth less sensitive.

from Port Lavaca, TX

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

I am really impressed with sensodyne toothpaste. My teeth are so sensitive that I normally have trouble drinking tap water due to the temperature sensitivity. I usually use arm and hammer sensitive but ran out of arm and hammer but decided to try sensodyne. I notice right away that sensodyne tastes much better than the baking soda taste I am used to. It does have a chalky kinda flavor. It would be nice if sensodyne had other flavor options and maybe a flip top lid instead of just a screw off lid. It only took about a week before I was able to slowly introduce cold/hot foods and drinks. I am now able to eat ice cream and drink hot coffee again. It also does a great job of cleaning my teeth but doesn't do anything as far as freshening my breath. The only reason why I rated 9 instead of 10 is because of its cost, but I must say that I will probably continue to pay more for a better tasting tooth paste.

Helpful In the Fight Against Sensitive Teeth

Comments about Sensodyne Toothpaste:

It hasn't completely taken away my tooth sensitivity, but man, this Sensodyne Toothpaste has definitely helped!

I have had tooth sensitivity for the past couple of years, when eating very hot foods, and when drinking or eating anything cold. It became pretty miserable. My dentist and orthodontist both recommended Sensodyne toothpaste as a help to beat this more than a little frustrating problem.
I bought the toothpaste, and flinched a bit at the price. Twice what I was used to paying, but hey, I needed some help. I figured expensive toothpaste is still much cheaper than any sort of procedure (do they even have those for tooth sensitivity?).
Anyway, I noticed improvement after about a week. It was not a miracle solution, I definitely still had some sensitivity, but I was suddenly able to eat ice cream again without flinching from the pain! That is huge for me.
After using the tooth paste for a long time, I have noticed a huge decrease in my tooth sensitivity. It isn't gone, but it is definitely tolerable. You should definitely try this toothpaste.