Other GPS Devices:

TomTom Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

Great Car Navigation

I really love this GPS device because it gives clear directions and always gets me to the place I am supposed to be. It has a lot of places stored to find destinations and I like that you can save favorite places so that it always navigates me to the right place and helps me from getting lost. So many times I have used it and everytime it helps me out. It is easy to connect and setup so you can move it to any vehicle you have. The voice gives clear directions and the map is easy to read on screen. I like that I can listen to where I am supposed to go and no longer have to worry about getting lost.

Processing Speed
This GPS has a lot of destinations around cities to always get you to where you want to go. I love that when I am in a new area it can guide me to a restaurant or gas station or when I get stuck it can guide me home. It has a fast speed to compute the route after inputing a little information and the voice speaks clearly to give you turn by turn directions.

Map Quality & Accuracy
This is very accurate and guides me to my destination easily. It has a lot of places stored and has only failed me on a few occassions but it for the most part is very accurate. I like that the map easily shows you where to go and you can change the voice command to your preference and it speaks clearly to get you to where you are supposed to be.

I really love how much data this device has so that even if I don't know the exact address, it can usually get me to where I am supposed to be. It is easy to select your preferences and setup and guides you easily to your destination. I couldn't imagine not having this device and it saves me so much frustration since I never have to worry about getting lost anymore.

Wouldn't recommend

I love having a GPS. However, I do not fully trust this GPS. We bought it 8 months ago and we do have our issues with it. For the most part, it gets us where we want to go. But, often times it does not find the best way to get us where we want to go. Last night, when we were using the GPS it first told us to go 15 miles out of the way, thankfully I had a smart phone to get us on track to the popular destination we were going to. Then we had problems with it telling us the wrong lane to be in, saying we would have to merge soon. This was incorrect. There has also been times where I wandered if this would die on us due to glitches. One time it started up weird. I just don't know how long this GPS will last us and do not see it as being a reliable tool to get us where we want to go. I do love the price (and it looks as if it's cheaper now than when we bought it). I love the size of the screen. But, I do not like the navigating abilities/reliability. It also falls off the windshield frequently.

good helper for driving, not that good for walking

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

I used this navigator when I traveled in another state. It is really a great helper for me. Driving in a strange city, I must have begun my journey like a blind without it. With the updated maps preloaded, the clear 3D graphics guide me directly to my destination. Whenever I missed the way it directed, I needed not worry about that since the navigator can quickly recalculate the right way for me. It really smoothed my journey. However, when I decided to walk around a strange busy downtown with my friend, carrying this navigator made us less afraid of distracted. But as it can not be recharged on our way, we dared not walk a longer way as we planned

Great Car Navigation

from Las Vegas, NV

Great GPS!

from Temple, TX

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

We use the TomTom XL for my husbands truck. His work always has him driving all over Tx and he ALWAYS gets lost. But not anymore! He's also not the more technologically advanced person so the TomTom makes it simple enough for him to navigate his way around. And I personally like the screen and map displays. Some GPS's just looks so cheap or almost like a video game. It's lasted for a couple months now and for my husbands sake I hope it keeps lasting!

Processing Speed
When you 1st turn it on it takes a little bit to warm up but there's no lag.

Hasn't messed up yet

very easy for my husband to figure out.

My best friend

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

I love my GPS. I am one of those people who couldn't find their way out of a paper bag so it is a life saver for me. I have never had it cut out on me while I'm driving, although it occasionally has a hard time picking up a signal when I'm starting out from somewhere. The directions are easy to understand, the map is very clear and it recalculates very quickly if I miss a turn or deviate from the route selected. The touchscreen is very easy to operate. About the only thing that I don't like is that it sometimes picks really wierd routes to get somewhere, it will occasionally have me go around a block just to get back on the same road I was already on or to avoid making a left hand turn.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Gets you where you're going.

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

It gets you where you are going most of the time but can send you quite a bo=it out of your way sometimes. The gps can malfunction every once in a while which can get annoying but works well for the most part. I've had to replace it once because the first one i bought only lasted one year but i learned that it does fine if you keep it out of the cold. Tom Tom works well enough but not the best quality out there.

Love this GPS

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

I can't even count how many times my GPS has saved my life and gotten me home safely! This thing amazes me. My favorite feature is when you are lost you can hit the 'where am I?' button and it will show you where you are and how to get home. Easy to use. Slightly slow start up but worth the wait! Get this now!

Does the job right!

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

It got me from point a to point b on the quickest route possible. I've never worried about getting lost or anything and as long as you update it regularly, the search feature helps a lot if you don't know the address. I've never had any problems and the directions are clear and easy to understand. No complaints here!

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Mostly accurate and a good purchase.

from Elizabethtown, KY

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

Is very good with the directions, but sometimes just gets you to a general area.

Processing Speed
This one doesn't calculate the route as fast as another brand that we used to own, but it is faster than reading a map.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Map quality is excellent, the accuracy is sometimes a bit off, but mostly right.

Very easy to use and to navigate around the many menus.

Just an average GPS

from Shutesbury, MA

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

This GPS is slow to pick up a signal. Sometimes it won't get the signal at all. It is not easy to get it to accept a different route than the one it has selected. I have only used this GPS on a vacation where I did not know the roads. It was useful for the small roads in the area since I did not have a paper map. Still I prefer a printed map to using a GPS. I would rather plan out my own route than have the GPS do it for me.

tomtom works wonders

from West Winfield, NY

Comments about TomTom Portable GPS Navigator:

I purchase the tomtom on sale at walmart for my daughter. I find that I use it just as much as she does. as long as it is updated the tomtom is acurate with directions. I like it because it gives you warning time enough ahead that you are approaching your turn. I am so happy with this product that I would purchase another one.