Other GPS Devices:

TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

I love the capacity it has.

The GPS worked well out of the box. To get around the problem that seem to be faced by all GPS (portables) visibility in bright sunlight, I choose to use the nighttime screen. Its cool blue , like the cockpit landing devices. It is much easier to see. Also a curved piece of any type of thick paper wrapped around the GPS will also help with the glare. The unit has European maps included and downloaded. I plan to be in Europe in the next months and can not wait to try it there. I would recommend this unit to anyone. If I can do it anyone can. I am not a teckno person, and I love it. Did I mention it also has bluetooth capability with many cell phones. Try it you will like it!

My TomTom eventually gets me there

I bought my TomTom Go 910 before most people had even heard of a GPS. My family has always told me that I can't find my way out of a paper bag and it's true. I have had my tomtom for about five years now and it always gets me where i need to go eventually. It doesn't always know the best route but that is probably because I have never updated it in five years. The map updates are extremely expensive and it seems like it will be more affordable to buy another GPS instead. My 910 also comes with bluetooth and will read my text messages out loud. That feature is cool but no one can hear me when I try to speak through it. I assume the blue tooth is the reason it is so bulky and since I can't really use it the device seems unnecessarily heavy. I also wish it would display the speed limit like some newer GPS models. It is however, easy to use and has a lot of nice features. I just think that it's now past it's time and there are newer, better models out there.

Not Bad For the Ordinary Road Trip Use

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This is not a GPS for all the time use. It is more for like a once in a while road trip use. This is because of the fact that you have to update it all of the time, and the only time it will tell you it is out of date is when Google has changed their maps completely, which happens once a year.

Processing Speed
Especially when on the go, it takes forever to figure out where you are and then to give you the correct route for where you need to go.

Map Quality & Accuracy
As long as you keep it updated every other month, the maps are fairly accurate.

This GPS pretty much walks the user through how to use it with its two buttons to get you where you need to go.

Great buy for the price

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

It has the standard TomTom interface, it extremely easy to navigate and enter information like map share data and iteneries. The accompanying software is really outstanding and was major selling point for me. Its app is fully featured for everything from updating your device to managing your TomTom account.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Great GPS with Added Bonus - Bluetooth!

from Warrenton, VA

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I have used this GPS only a couple of times but I love it! I especially like that you can connect your cell phone via BlueTooth as it is such a great convenience and with traffic, it is almost a necessity. It is very easy to navigate this GPS and all the extra features are great (traffic re-route, points of interest, etc).

great grpahics

from Cypress, TX

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I purchased this GPS for my second car, but like it much better than my expensive, built in gps system. It is very easy to use, just the right size, and the graphics are bright and easy to read. This has a great low price, but don't let that make you think it is not mase well....it is and it works great. I have only had a couple of streets that it was unable to find, for the most part it is very updated, and great for either a first time gps, or wanting to replace an older one. This works well, and gives jsut the right amount of information without making it complicated to use.

TomTom GO - Good GPS

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

The TomTom GO 910 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator is the second GPS that I have used. I like the fact that you can change the view point (you can adjust the settings on the GPS so that the image on the GPS is the same view you see on the road) which I really liked. I had to make sure that I kept it updated or else it would actually give me longer directions. Overall I think it's a good GPS, fairly priced and pretty accurate.

Not what I expected!!

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

Got this on Black Friday, ended up not using this piece of junk. I agree with other reviews here about its bulk. It is heavy. Secondly it just got too complicated to program it. Thirdly the instruction manual asked us to charge it for 2hrs, surprisingly, the only way to charge it was running it inside the car. Ridiculous, I wasn't going to run my car for 2 hrs just to charge the GPS. So,out goes this, In comes Garmin.

Time-saver!

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I have had the Tom Tom for many years now, and I am absolutely amazed by it! It features day/night screen options which work great for me! Also, you can plug it into your computer for map and street updates. My favorite feature about the Tom Tom GPS traffic updates, and giving you an option of whether or not you would like to save time by taking you through alternate routes! This works great for me since I live in a congested city, and this has saved me so much traveling time!
I also love the option of looking through different restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. in the area, and this works best if you're traveling. This GPS has definitely saved me so many times from getting lost, and I definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Best little product I've EVER purchased!

from Westminster, SC

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I love this GPS! It's so easy and works wonderfully! Many settings for many different things you want to find on your trip. Never get lost or have a problem finding a location anymore!

Processing Speed
On short trips the processing is pretty fast but long trips takes a little longer to process but it's very accurate!

Map Quality & Accuracy
As long as the updates are done when needed it has exceptional accuracy!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Choose from fastest, shortest... etc... I like that it asks if you want to avoid toll roads and things like that. It's all pretty simple. If charged you can even take it out of the vehicle and carry it around.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

no more calling my husband saying i'm lost.

from Eatonton, GA

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

there is a common joke with all the people we know and my husband. when i am gone some where and the phone rings everyone at the same time says "there she is, she is lost again! ok, so i don't have a great sense of direction. no let me correct that. i have NO sense of direction. we moved to a tiny town waaaay out in the country that only had one stop light and believe it or not i got lost and had to call for directions. the tomtom was a present from my husband for christmas. this is the most practical thing he has ever bought me. ok, i liked the diamonds better but they never told me which way to go when i was lost. it is the perfect size so your vision is not blocked. it talks to you so you so you can concentrate on traffic. it shows you what lane you need to be in. you can plug it in to your laptop to get map updates. you can even change the color and the type of car on the screen (mine is a yellow bug). what is not to love?

i love this more than i can tell you. i should have had one of these YEARS ago!

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

life just got a bit easier

from Wildomar, CA

Comments about TomTom GO Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This device can absolutely be a life saver! Especially in southern california where they have more freeways than some states have people! It has helped to keep me employed on numerous occasions where I had to be some where at a certain time! It has many options from setting a bike route (that keeps you off freeways) to avoiding toll road or finding food along route, near destination or close to where you are now. It has far more information on the display than the other GPS units that I have used. It keeps track of you current MPH and what the legal MPH is at any given area. It also computes average commute times to frequent routes to give a more acurate ETA. One of the best for the cost. My only complaint really is that it is not as easy to touch map and pick out destination or save the spot as other GPS units.