Other GPS Devices:

Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Trustworthy friend on the road !!!

I wanted to purchase a GPS since long time. After a lot of research I decided to buy the Garmin nuvi 260W. The best feature is the size of the screen which gives it an edge over all GPS. The features are amazing an very user friendly. One of the best thing is it speaks the directions with the street names for you. Also it tells you when to take left & right. I feel so comfortable driving anywhere in US now.

I had seen my friend Tom Tom GPS & was shocked. The Garmin is the best brand & it has not become best for nothing.

The following are some of the features in the Garmin nuvi 260W:

Navigation: Faster time, Shorter Distance, Off Road

Avoidances: U-turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Traffic, Ferries

Map: 3D, Track Up, North Up

Picture Viewer

Finding directions with address, coordinates, intersections, cities

It has many language options like:

Voice: American English, Arabic, Australian English, British English, Cantonese, Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Mandarin(Chinese), Portuguese, Thai, Taiwanese.

It works for the most part

My husband and I bought this GPs after our old one finally died. While I enjoyed the fact that is came with lifetime maps updates, it still does not always get you to the exact location you were wanting and does not recognize some roads that were put in 5 years ago. I thought the map updates would keep the gps accurate, but it does not. It also takes a lot of time to find the satellites when it first loads.

My husband's favorite part of the GPS is that you can go on to garmin.com and download different voices and avatars for the car. Currently Darth Vader gives us our directions and tells us not to fail him again when we make a wrong turn.

I recommend Garmin

from Barnegat, NJ

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

We have bought two Garmins and we love them. We think they work the best. It's very easy to use. The processing speed is quick. I never have to wait for it load. The accuracy is always 100% correct. I think the map quality is great too. You do have to update your maps every so often but it's better to be update on the roads then not. So I think Garmin is a great GPS so I recommend this to anyone.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Great GPS, budget friendly but without updates

from Hamden, CT

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

Great directions for those who get lost often! It always finds where I want to go, even if I'm not entirely sure of the address. My only complaint is that the map updates are super expensive. Otherwise, it's a great buy!!

I wish I could give it a 6! The device lets you search for places even when you don't know the address or even the town for the address for which you are looking. It gives me a great deal of confidence to know that I can see what is in the area when I'm out driving and that my gps can get me to any location. Battery life is great but I usually keep it plugged in while I'm using it anyway. It is very light-weight if I need to bring it with me in a friend's car, as well!

Simply the best

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

We have had this GPS for a few years and absolutely love it. It is very easy to operate, understand, and install. The maps are easy to read, and so is the list menu. We rarely have the talking option on, but it's also great. We have used this GPS many many times up and down the east coast and it's been awesome every time. I highly recommend it.

Works for us

from Greer, SC

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

We got this GPS a few years ago and have used it on several trips. We LOVE it. The directions are easy to see on the screen or read on the list menu. It is also very convenient to have the speed limit displayed for easy reference. The suction cup holder gets a little weak sometimes, but stays in place the majority of the time. Great item!

Love this GPS!

from Greeley, CO

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

I have been very happy with this GPS. It was a good price - very affordable and it has been a consistent and dependable part of our lives! This little unit can find anything and is very accurate. I never worry about getting lost when I am out with this. The maps are good and it is very sensitive to even being slightly off. I once was on a frontage road, and it detected it even tho I was only about 100 feet from the main highway. The only drawback that I have on occasion is that it can't pick up the satellites quickly or in conditions where there is not a clear view to the sky. I.E. you can't use this in the back seat of the car or start it up in your garage! It has to be on the front dash to work well. But I don't mind that especially when I feel that it is very accurate. The battery life has been good as well - I don't have to keep it connected to the charger constantly and it has survived for the last couple of years and still has great functionality. I recommend this if you are looking for a small affordable GPS that will never let you get lost.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Garmin Nuvi 260 is very easy to use!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

This Garmin Nuvi 260 GPS is very easy to use and set up. My only two complaints are that it doesnt' state the name of the road out loud while driving and also the map updates are useless online! We have owned one of these for quite some time and even with a download of map updates, it is still missing some major road changes, which can delay travelling a lot.

Processing Speed
Sometimes it is very difficult for our machine to find a signal.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Orignial maps are very difficult to update with changes.

Super easy to use.

Dependable GPS

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

I have been trying this product for one months, it has been helping so much until now. This product always give correct direction to wherever I go. The speed of this product also very fast and without taking so much time. The map quality also up to date until now. I will recommend this for everybody to buy it.

Overall easy to use,,,

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

We have has our Garmin for quite some time. The only real problem is that our area has a lot of construction...so a bunch of new roads and new stores, etc...so we decided to pay for the lifetime update that they offer. Other than having problems on cloudy days for the satellites to give us our directions, overall a great product that really helps with trips.

Reliable service but bulky

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

For a GPS, this is a great system. It comes with traffic updates so it updates your arrival time during your drive. However, in order to get the live traffic updates, you have to plug it in to your charging outlet in the car. Thus causing you to lose your precious phone charger.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Simple and easy to use navigator

Comments about Garmin 260W Portable GPS Navigator:

I use this GPS system in my car on a regular basis. It is very easy to move through the menu and select the address you want, or my favorite, search the attractions to find a local restaurant, store, etc. It comes in handy when we are on vacation and not very familiar with the area.Type in seafood, and it immediately lists all of the places within the vicinity. Very easy to see the screen while you are driving and love that this talks to you as well. Makes driving very easy.