Other GPS Devices:
Garmin
NUVI 670
Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Don't leave home without it!!

My husband bought us a Garmin Nuvi a couple of years ago.  We had absolutely no gps experience.  We do a lot of traveling and have always depended on those olden day things known as maps.  We did our fare share of mapping our route, trying to figure out the mileage and quickest route and of course, more than our fair share of getting lost.  But, all of that ended when we got our garmin.  My husband is one of that men that will read every review and article before he purchases something.  So, we bought the best and most reliable, a Garmin and we love it!!  That garmin goes everywhere with us.  Even if we don't need directions, we take it in case we find a favorite little spot or restaurant that we love and want to save the location.  The garmin is so easy to use.  It has led our family on many vacations in the United States and in Europe.  The thing that makes it our first item on our pack list is the maps for Europe.  We use to rely on maps when driving in Europe and we would get lost quite a bit.  On our last trip we took our garmin and put in every hotel and point of interest in advance.  Once we were there, we found them on our favorite list and it took us straight to them.  We did not touch a map once!!

Garmin works, but will need to upgrade periodically.

We have had our Garmin for a few years now, and it has been great to use on trips and finding restaurants and addresses. We noticed however, that our Garmin is starting to slow down a bit. Perhaps we use it so much, but we doubt that would effect its ability to locate correctly. When we need to get somewhere, we almost always need to calculate how much time it will take for Granny Garmin to accurately display the route. It would take up to 5 minutes until she shows us where we are. Then we type in the address and wait an additional 2 minutes. And by the time we are almost there, she likes to tell us we are lost and need to follow her route, which we later found out is a lot longer than what she thought. It is hit and miss sometimes with our Garmin and I believe this problem occurs after so many uses because it persuades us to upgrade to a newer Garmin or update the current one. We have heard other reviews for other brands and may try out another brand. I think it may also be time to do a googlemaps and mapquest research before heading out, since those are a bit faster and accurate than what's in my Garmin.

The best Navigator ever!

from Rockwall, TX

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

If anybody travels a lot to the unknown areas and wants to be guided conveniently and effectively, Garmin nuvi 670 Blutooth Portable GPS Navigator is simply sent from above! It's so simple to use and so reliable in its functionality! I've been using it for a while now and tell you one thing: I've reached my destination areas a lot faster, that I normally would do. That says a lot, doesn't it?!!!

• Processing Speed:
  • Map Quality & Accuracy:

Love my Garmin and it goesevery where I go

from Cobden, IL

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I Purchased my Garmin Nuvi 670 at Rent One in Anna IL and I truely believe it is the best deal I ever made.  I enjoy using my Garmin everyday. Even on my local trips to the market.

I love how it talks to you telling you turn by turn every step of the wayon your jouney though this lovely land of ours,  I use it on mypleasure trips and business trips no matter how far I travel from home.

I use it on my business trips in towns or  cities I dont know and it tells me of possable traffic delays. With this system I never lose myway like I have or neverhave to ask for directions from strangers.

With this Garmin Nuvi 670 you can  download your favorite music on here so that you can listen to your favorite tunes or favorite songs while driving, which i find comes in clearer then some radios in the car, less turning and tuning the radio for something you like to liste to.

You can get Garmin at Rent one on payments either weekly or monthly which ever is easier on you, or find them at best buy,  online and etc.  hop around forth best price but you wont go wrong with what ever you pay for it.

Great gps.

from Eufaula, OK

- Receiver: high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF

- Display: 4.3" diagonal, 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT landscape display, with white back-light and touch screen [cf. nuvi 350, 360 and 370 = 3.5" diagonal]

- Unit dimensions: 4.9"W x 2.9"H x 0.9" D (12.4 x 7.4 x 2.3 cm)

- Weight: 6.2 ounces (190 grams)

- Battery life: 3 to 7 hours

- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling

- FM transmitter (Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand only)

- Includes Garmin LockT, an anti-theft feature

- Voice announces streets by name

- Preloaded maps for all of North America and Europe

- Fingertip touch-screen interface

- Look up addresses and points of interest

- Choose 2D or 3D map perspective

- Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones and safety cams

- Built in Travel Kit includes MP3 player with sample MP3s, audio books, picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters, calculator and more

- Add optional software such as Travel and Language Guides to personalize nuvi

- SD memory card expansion slot

• USB interface for loading data

Bought this gps because it had the bluetooth feature.  Thought it would be great for hands free, but if you have no signal on your phone, the gps spends more time looking for the phone and it doesn't show the map.  I live in an area that doesn't have a constant good signal for my phone, so it was irritating to wait for the map to come up.

I like the voice prompts.  I would recommend updating the software as soon as possible.

my favorite toy

from Union, NJ

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I purchased the gps for myself, a technically challenges mom on the go. I do a lot of driving with scouts in remote aresa with no street names. I love this gps unit. It has been accurate, works well and does not take too long to load in. It is easy to program and speaks loud enough and clearly enough to hear even with the kids and radio. I like that I can hear my phone through the blue tooth. The maps are large enough to be seen from a distance. The cables are long enough to place any where if you do not wish to mount it. The suction cup however wears out quickly, but was easily replaced. The battery power when fully charged lasts along time.The only draw back was when I needed to update, although the company provided a free update, I could not get it to work on my computer. It was almost impossible when I tried it on the Mac. Their tech support never got it to work.

works wonders

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

i really love this gps. it really works wonders. it's very accurate with the information that it gives me. it really comes in handy because i go on a lot of long distance vacations and trips at least twice a month to go see family in different states. i aso love the fact that it has voice prompts. that makes everything ten times easier so that i don't always have to look down at the screen. i also love the fact tat it has online sofware updates. which makes things super easy. to think of it i honestly don't think that the battery is as good as it says it is, but that doesn't bother me because with a car charger it really doesn't matter about the battery life. the only time i use it is in my car anyways.

Use it all the time!

from Wellington, KS

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

We use our Garmin all the time when we travel! We've had it for 3 years I'd say. It is very user friendly. We have to update the software every so often but it's not hard and it's nice to have all the updated maps. We have lots of music loaded on ours so we can listen to our own music as we travel so we don't have to search for local radio stations. It lets you save favorites which we do for our friends homes that we visits every so often. Sometimes it can be tricky to know what it wants you to do. It warns you ahead of time when to turn but sometimes that makes it more difficult because you think you need to turn earlier than you really need to turn. It can also be difficult when there is construction and the Garmin doesn't realize it and will not redirect you without taking you through the construction. This is irritating when the road is closed and you can not go through even if you wanted to.Overall we have really liked our Garmin!

Garmin works, but will need to upgrade periodically.

from San Jose, CA

Handy

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This item is great because it really does help me get where I want to go and it helps me find things.  My biggest complaint is that as it gets older or if it sits unused for a period of time it slows down ALOT.  It takes a lot more time to kick in when I turn it on and want to navigate.  Sometimes I have to sit for a few minutes before it finds my location.  I am unsure if there is an update or something that would fix that but I could use it!  Overall though it is a great GPS.

Great interface, but lousy signal

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I love Garmin- I think their products are fantastic and the Nuvi is really adaptable and has a lot of great programs for finding restaurants, gas stations, and other useful things.  HOWEVER, the Nuvi has major issues keeping a strong signal.

I live in Pittsburgh and the Nuvi is at its worst downtown and in the suburbs of the North Hills- it takes over 7 minutes to find a signal and calculate the route- to the point where I could have mapquested the directions and been halfway to my destination already!

I am one of those people who desperately needs a GPS, and the Nuvi's directions are totally flawless, but it simply doesn't work fast enough at calculating (and re-calculating) routes.  And the inability to maintain a signal makes it completely useless, at least in my area.  I can't speak for more flat terrain however- I imagine it must work better where there aren't as many mountains.

I do hope a better version comes out, because the Garmin brand has fantastic features!

My Nuvi travels with me wherever I go.

from Massapequa Park, NY

Comments about Garmin Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

My Nuvi 670 is increddible. I never get lost anymore. I put the address into it and seconds latter I am instructed on when to turn and how long it will take to get to my destination. I can program my Nuve to go the shortest route or the quickest route. This saves me a lot of time and gas. I never waste gas anymore and this means money in my pocket. My Nuvi will pay for itself in a yea or so. My driving is also less stressful. I know where I am going and I know I will be there when I need to. I am no longer a hazzard on the road to other drivers because I no longer have to go very slow to read signs. I drive normally as if I know the area well even if I have never been there before. I am sure that other drivers appreciate this. Buy one and you too will soon be a gPS Believer......