Other GPS Devices:

Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Avoid Getting Lost for Less!

Let me start by saying, I don't think I could live without my Garmin Nuvi! I received it as a gift for Christmas in 2008, and I am addicted to it. After being a MapQuestaholic for many years, I was skeptical about something new. Mapquest had always done it's job and gotten me where I needed to be. Why would I need something new? Boy was I wrong.

The Garmin Nuvi 1300 (which costs only about 150.00, and is one of the cheaper models), has been the best companion on several of my trips. With step by step directions, arrows for every turn and curve, and a lovely English lady that talks to me, it can't be beat. You can even search for restaurants, points of interests, landmarks, and more. Wondering if there is a Subway near? It can tell you. You can also enter several points along your route, and it will take you to each one on your trip.

The only con I have found is getting used to it. It took me a few days to really get the hang of it and be able to input my information quickly and efficiently. All in all, I love this GPS and would really recommend it to the cost conscious moms who need a quality product, without all the frills.

Nuvi helps me find the way

Our Garmin Nuvi 1300 has been a very reliable, quick to learn, easy to use GPSr system. We purchased our unit used, but would gladly have purchased this unit new. We use our unit for geocaching and although it is often not as good as our handheld hiking unit, it has enough memory enabling us to upload many different geocache locations to it, which we can then transfer to our handheld unit when we actually arrive in the general caching-area. The Garmin Nuvi 1300 offers a decent base-map but it has to be updated for the latest versions and maps. Garmin also offers the Garmin Garage, where you can download different cars/trucks/sleighs/and characters to be you guide along the way as well as other voices that you can download for verbal directions. I really enjoyed their Squirrely character, but the voice gets annoying after eight hours in the car. The other thing I really like about this unit is that it can be taken virtually anywhere due to its thin/small size. I've thrown it in the glovebox, or packed it in the sock-pocket of my suitcase. Its all around great for the beginner, but if you are looking for something more advanced, you may want to consider newer Nuvi versions.

Wishing Id bot Lifetime Maps, Garmins r LONGLASTING IMexperience

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

I've used Garmin Streetpilots in the past, and it served me very well. They are SO incredible useful. In fact I would be still using that old boxy one I originally bought in 2004 today had the tip of the plug not come unscrewed resulting in a short that blew the fuse for all the lights in my dash (kinda scary as the sun set I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see my speedometer!!) thank goodness for ubiquitous autozones. At any rate, I actually bought the Garmin nuvi 40 over the 1300. I think I should have gone with the 1300 because the 40 has proved temperamental and "iffy" in certain locations. but barring another freak accident I'll never be able to prove it. I went for cheaper (40) but maybe thats not always better. :( I do hate that they have SO MANY models. I mean really. is this necessary? Customers want SIMPLE. Telling the difference between some of these seems impossible. That aside, with regard to this model, which I think I wish I had, PLEASE BUY THE LIFETIME MAPS! That would be indicated by the 1300 LM (or whatever number model you buy). I made the mistake of not getting LM, thinking "hey these devices don't last forever." Oh, but they do last a while. And maps are expensive. sadly. making this the better deal in the long run.

Processing Speed
Garmins do a fine job processing. I've never had a trouble with any of mine, and at most they take a minute or more. The longest is in certain rural areas, or when switching locations from state to state (as in, you turn it off in Nevada and turn it on again in Arizona.... It takes the satellite a while to calculate.)

Map Quality & Accuracy
I HAVE had maps trouble but I actually blame the confusing road systems more than I do Garmins. Most areas do fine.

These things are ALWAYS easy to use. Great displays. Intuitive menus. I'd have no problem handing this to anyone- youth, adult, and older adult.

handy guide

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

We bought this just before we moved out from Seattle. We are so glad we purchased it when we move to Pittsburgh. You would not survive if you don't have GPS. This type is a very good guide, however when it keeps asking you to upgrade, it starts to have some problem sometimes.

So good, so far!

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

This is the first Garmin product I've purchased, replacing a previous GPS. I love the extra-large icons the best. Everything else about it seems pretty comparable to my previous (and older) GPS. I do wish that it would give more head's up as to directions in advance; sometimes it feels like it tells you to "turn left" right before you get to the intersection, whereas my old one would tell you in advance so you could get over a lane if need be. Still, it is working well for the price point.

Processing Speed
It syncs up with the satellite very quickly!

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Great ...while it worked!

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

My husband used this everyday for a year. After a year, a message appeared on GPS screen stating that he needed to update the software at Garmin.com. We followed all the steps but some how all the maps were erased from the GPS. I called Garmin and was told that there was no way to get the maps back on the GPS.!

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

A handy GPS that comes with lifetime maps

from Louisville, TN

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

We were against GPS's because we've been around a few that didn't seem to work well but we caved and bought this. I love that it comes with lifetime maps from Garmin. I just plug it into the computer once a month and update it which is great since we live in a growing city. The size is perfect and it has a lot of neat features like ecoRoute. I also like that it has a walking mode and I use it to figure out how far I've walked on my weekly hikes. It sometimes takes a long time to load but that's really my only complaint.

Processing Speed
Sometimes it seems slow but other times it works well.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Updating the maps through the computer, instead of buying maps on CD is great!

Pretty easy to get to know how to use.

I love my NUVI!!!!!!!

from Wallowa, OR

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

This is the best portable GPS out there. The accuracy is incredible - updates at least 4 times a year. Updates are simple and seamless. I love that I can download different voices and vehicles from the website. Makes traveling fun!

I am not very technical, The on screen help is so simple to understand. The ability to search for types of places, addresses, phone numbers or names is so easy.

Garmin 1300 is a great GPS for the money

from Maryville, TN

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

I never thought i would need a GPS. I have an Android phone and can get several apps and Google maps. Suddenly my life changed, and my boyfriend moved to town, almost 1000 away from where he had lived his entire life. I thought this would be a nice present to get him, give him the ability to find his way around without always having to have me there. I found this on Amazon for a song (it is a refurbished model) and figured I would give it a shot. The screen is a little larger than 4" (diagonal measurement), which is a very nice size. It is easy to program with it's touch screen and bright colors. It comes with lifetime upgrades to the maps, which is a great feature. I've used it on a couple of trips to places I know, to see if it takes me the best route. It did, and when I hit traffic due to an accident, it quickly rerouted me around it so I didn't miss my appointment. I highly recommend this model!

Processing Speed
there doesn't seem to be any delay at all.

so far, so good.

very simple to program and use.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Garmin Nuvi 1300 GPS Receiver is a lifesaver.

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

Having heard from many of my friends that having a GPS system in my car would be of great help to me, since I have a very hard time finding my way to places that I need to go. I decided to get one for my car, I must say that my friends were so very right. This Ultra-thin GPS navigator has a widescreen display with spoken street names, that makes it very easy to know if you are going in the right direction, which by the way now I'm doing that. If you do make a wrong turn, this GPS will let you know by rerouting you in the right direction. I also like the fact that you can choose the size of the screem that you would like. It does come in two sizes. I choose the larger screem size 4.3. It is great having turn by turn directions, so that way I feel that I will get to my destination safe and sound. If you also need help in finding your way around town, or finding you way out of town, this is what you need.

Processing Speed
I feel that the processing speed is very good. You must put in the right address and right street in order for it to process.

Map Quality & Accuracy
The maps and accuracy so far have been very good.

This is easy to use, has long as you know where you want to go, and if you keep on buy the new map updates.

Perfect GPS for starters

from Woodside, NY

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

This GPS is great for starters. I am possessing this for around 30 + days now and am very satisfied. The display is really good and capabilities are excellent. Though it has its own negative issues like losing satellite reception at times. But i am happy about it s performance as a whole. Worth the buy. Have saved me a lot of times from missing my path. I had been searching for such a product for long in the market. The competitive price and the quality of the item makes it a safest bet. I would recommend this product to any of my friends too. I am not too technical to comment on its entire functionality, but still i am a satisfied customer giving best ratings for the product. This should motivate people looking for a DEcent GPS. If this product had a lifetime maps & lifetime product update for the same price , then this price would have been a steal. Hope this review will help people to get things as per these comments.

Garmin Nuvi 1300 gets me to where I need to go

from Mount Pleasant, IA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 1300T 1300LM 1300LMT Portable GPS Navigator:

My husbad bought  me this GPS when I unexpectedly had to travel 500 miles with my four children by myself.  I am really not comfortable driving in strange places by myself.  The Garmin made me much more at ease with th turn by turn directions.  It gives several warnings that your turn is coming which was very reassuring for me.  The Garmin was very accurate the first couple of times I used it.  I really have like the loud audio it has because it is hard to hear over loud children at times.  It did a good job of getting my back on track after missing turns or making pit stops.  The only thing I had issue with was getting varying directions on different trips.  The first trip I made with it, it sent me on out of the way back roads.  It wasn't a big deal as I thought it must be sending me the shortest route.  The second I time I took the same tip, it sent me a completely different way through a much bigger city.