Other GPS Devices:

TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

I wouldn't go on a road trip without it.

from Drakesboro, Ky

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Compact
  • Easy To Read
  • Reliable Performance
  • Simple Controls
  • Strong Construction
  • Versatile

Cons

• Short Battery Life

• Travel

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

Without this GPS road trips would be a lot harder. I got this as a gift because I was still using maps for directions. This device allows me to focus more on the road and the voices I can download for it are amusing.

The restaurant and gas location features make finding food and filling up a lot easier to find when I am away from home. I like how easy it is to use because I am not the best with electronic devices.

I love the daylight and night options because it makes it easy to see the GPS regardless of what time of day I am traveling. The only thing I don't like about i is that the battery life is horrible. I would be uncomfortable traveling far unless I had my battery charger with me.

• How are you with directions:
  • Bad w/Directions
  • Was this a gift?:

Pretty good for a cheaper gps

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

I used this gps for a cross-country trip coast to coast, and I would say the tomtom's accuracy in taking us where we needed to go was at least 85% on target. This is especially great since my travel buddy lost the cable to update maps for about 5 months. Some exits were different in the big cities, but if we took a wrong exit the tomtom did well at renavigating us to something we could find. When turning onto a new road, it reads about 50 yards lagging, so you should get used to turning immediately when the distance reaches double digits. Also sometimes if we were looking for a store or business, it would take us to a weird part of the surrounding neighborhood instead of the actual entrance.

Processing Speed
Sometimes when we missed a road, it would take about half a minute to a minute if it got stuck to tell us where the next place to go would be. Also we had to research information if we were coming out of parking garages where there was no signal.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Even though we didn't have the most updated maps, tomtom got us in the general vicinity of our destination and helped us locate roads we could find.

great navigation system

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

this is a really good navigation system. it works well and i have never been lost by following its directions.

Processing Speed
once you start typing, it brings up many different choices for you. once you choose your route, it plans out the route very quickly so if you're driving you don't have to worry about missing anything.

Map Quality & Accuracy
i have never been lost while following it's directions. i know others who have other brands of gps and they have been mislead several times coming to my house but when i enter my home as the destination, it gets me there perfectly every time

this is very easy to use and the only reason i don't give it a very good is because it is sometimes hard to punch the letter/number in making it difficult to input your data especially if you are driving

Great for Travel, Easy to Use

from Irons, MI

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

We bought this for my Mom last Christmas and she loves it. We have a different Tom-Tom (Tom-Tom One) but hers is very easy to use and very simple to navigate. She is older and didn't want anything too difficult. This Tom-Tom EASE fit the bill. It is large enough for her to see while driving but small enough to not get in her way. She loves the larger buttons (ours are smaller) and the touch-screen is sensitive so you don't have to "push" on the screen. It is small, easy, and has great options.

TomTom Ease 3.5 inch

from Lake Orion, MI

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

This was purchased as a gift for my husband.  We have borrowed the TomTom with 4.5 inch screen and really loved the experience with that particular TomTom.  This one in particular....is not disappointing.  The screen is abviously smaller but works just as good as the 4.5 inch one.

Tom Tom Ease Car Navigation is SO helpful great for price

from Hotchkiss, CO

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

This unit is quite an improvement from the TomTom One.  It has better menus and better logic on shortest route.  It may not be as fancy as a Garmin but the price is quite different also.  Some have bluetooth, this GPS doesnt, but it is a feature I wouldnt use anyway.

The screen is small but not to small to make it quite functionable and useful for the driver. I like the improved suction cup system.  It uses a  different twist on type method that seems to work well and much better than the plain old suction cup system.  If it is really cold outside and the inside of your car heats up a lot more as you drive it might fall off do to the temp change.  (this is something that happens but not very much)

It seems to use real street names in conjunction with state highway names.  For example if its called US 50 but everyone knows it as 7th Street, it usually displays both, which is very helpful especially in areas you are not at all familiar with.  The GPS seems to match what the road signs display There are many voice options, most of which I don’t care about changing but there are quite a few options if you prefer a specific voice.  Seems really great for the price.  I have PC so updates were easy, I don’t know how it would be on a mac.

This little GPS is good to go right out of the box.

from Santa Paula, CA

Comments about TomTom EASE Portable GPS Navigator:

I had never even used a GPS before in my life and then I began to notice how others were using them to go for groceries or a movie when visiting a new city, so decided to look for an inexpensive and easy to use model.  Well the little Tom Tom Ease really is is ready to use right out of the box.  The screen is pretty small but I usually just listen to the voice directions and am now ready to try one of the dozen or so other English speaking voices available on the sound menu.  I have not used any other GPS myself, but have used this Ease on 2 road trips now and it saved us a bit of searching and probably a bit of gas as well.  I think we will be using this easy little helper from now on!!  I recommend it for anyone who is not concerned with screen size, for map phobics, and for anyone who appreciated simplicity and ease of use in a GPS.  I do hope I will not encounter a situation where I need to rely on the maps, since the screen size is so small I'd have to use my reading glasses.