Other Detergents:
Tide
Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent

Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent

Cons

You can never go wrong with Tide powder!

I used to be a person who only bought the economical brand of laundry detergent until a few years ago. I got a good deal on Tide and I haven't been able to go back since then. I love it! I love how it makes my clothes smell. I love that it is great at cleaning my clothes instead of just rinsing them. It is great at getting out stains of all sorts. I know it is expensive and that is a big drawback to it, but I think it is worth it. In the long run I feel like my clothes last longer because they are actually getting clean. It helps to keep them from looking worn out and dingy looking. I like that the bleach is for color and not just whites and although I don't think it is that much better than regular tide I think it does work a little bit better at getting the stains out. I like the tide powder much better than the liquid for some reason. I feel like I never know how much of the liquid is just water instead of soap.

Tide With Bleach - Not Great for Family With Sensitive Skin

Tide laundry powder was one of the detergents my mom used quite a bit when I was growing up. I guess many of us decide to try something with which we grew up at some point, and I am not exception to that.

Although Tide with bleach can clean clothes pretty well and doesn't tend to destroy the clothing or have a terrible scent, I cannot use this detergent due to skin issues. My kids and I all tend to have extremely sensitive skin. I used to itch all the time as a child. As an adult I was diagnosed with eczema and my kids tend to also have this problem. We have multiple allergies, and we discovered that we also have multiple food sensitivities to things like gluten, casein (milk), corn, and a few others. If we don't eat the foods, we don't tend to break out...unless we use something like this detergent!

Using Tide is like applying eczema on all body parts that are touching the clothing. It is not a pretty sight. I actually haven't bought this product in a while, but whenever a friend of mine showed me her 1-year-old covered in a rash, I started asking some questions and finally asked if she had changed detergents. She said she had just started using Tide with Bleach.

For those who think that Tide is expensive, try buying Dreft for a family of five for years and years...but then it sure beats itching and being covered in a very uncomfortable rash. This is one product that is often easy to find and you might be able to find coupons and sales if you are looking to save money.

**My Viewpoint:**

People who don't have sensitive skin may find that Tide with Bleach is a wonderful product with great cleaning power. I'm writing this review in the hopes of helping some poor soul out that who has developed an all over body rash and might not think of a detergent right away as the cause. People can develop allergies at any age, but if you have recently tried a new detergent like this and break out, it might be a good plan to switch back to something previously used without any problems.

Would recommend but bad smell

from Chino hills

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Small Volume
  • Strong/Bad Scent

• Cleaning
  • Home
  • Laundry Room

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

This definerly gets the job done which I love but the scent it horrid. I know that it is bleach so I don't expect much but I have definetly smelt some that are better.

best detergent!

from Pacific NW

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

The Best Detergent! I use only a tablespoon or two of this in each HE load. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or leave a strong scent. It completely removed ground in baseball stains when I soaked my son's uniform for only a half hr or so. And this was after washing in another detergent. That won me over. I've tried many other detergents and this is the absolute best value and performance out there. I did prefer the older versions scent but it is pretty light anyways in the finished laundry. And I am now used to the new "original" scent. I don't used any fabric softener and wash on cold: perfect result every time! I highly recommend to all. My skin doesn't get hot or itchy like w some others. Tide is known to be a heavy duty hitter but somehow it doesn't irritate my skin.

Average detergent

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

Tide Plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent maybe the only soap that I feel indifferent about. I started off using a little over a cup full of this powder to clean my whites in warm water and the results were just okay. My clothes came out clean and fresh smelling, but my whites looked lifeless. I also noticed that my clothes felt dry despite being damp, which is something I have only experienced with cheap shampoo. In my next wash I decided to use use 2 cups of this powder in hopes that it would make my whites come alive. The end result was similar to the first go around, but there was a minor change in color. My shirts did appear to be slightly whiter, but they still lacked brightness. I continued to use this detergent until it ran out and during this time my clothes didn't get any brighter, but they didn't get any duller. I can't recommend Tide Plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent because there are cheaper and better soaps available, but if it's on sale it's not a bad option.

Gets Clothes Clean but Still Prefer Liquid Tide

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

I had not seen Tide Powder in years and really thought they had stopped making it so when I saw this in my store , I decided to give it a try. It was on sale at a really low price so I bought it. I have a person in my household that gets absolutely filthy at work and this Tide definitely sounded like it would do the job of cleaning the stains and grime. I was right, it did get the clothes really clean and removed a lot but not all of the stains. The clothes smelled clean and fresh as well and the bleach really brightened the whites. The smell was fine as well. The only problem that I found was that the powder did not dissolve very well in cold water so you have to use hot water to really dissolve the powder. It also works great on babies and children's stained clothes and gets the stains out. Even with the bleach , i did not find it to be irritating to the skin and seems to be fine for sensitive skin. I liked it because it cleaned the clothes well but I don't like the powder not dissolving enough.

Perfect on whites and light colors

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

While I'm a picky person when it comes to things that involve cleaning, considering both price and quality, as well as recommendation from people that have used the product. After meeting those requirements, I bought this specific powder detergent because it would do what I needed. I suffer from hyperhidrosis, meaning that I sweat in an excessive amount, so I cannot even attempt to count the number of shirts, both casual and dress, that I have ruined because of sweat stains. As a result, I had to find a detergent specifically for my white shirts that would help deal with the yellow stains that cause me to continuously buy new white shirts. I bought this one after being recommended and so far it has done wonders to remove my yellow stains after just a few washes. It has worked fantastically and I have continued to use it to this day. I recommend it to anybody that also has to deal with the frustration of yellow stains or just people that want the whites clothes possible.

Great for Whites!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

I am a huge fan of Tide products, so this is no exception. I love this product and the benefits of using it for white clothes. I am pleased with the results I get from using this product because it does such a wonderful job on my families clothes. I am somewhat hesitant to use on darker clothes, although it is safe to do so.

I love this product because of the bleach alternative added to it. I usually use it only when laundering socks and white shirts because it does such a wonderful job on whitening them back to their original state because wearing them. I also love that it does not compromise the quality of the material no manner how long you use this product. I appreciate that it does not irritate my families skin when wearing. That is truly a plus for my family.

I love the scent of this product actually. It is sort of flowery smelling, however it is not overbearing, and does not irritate the nose.

Use carefully

from Utah

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

I have tried several different types of laundry detergent over the years, and this is one of my least favorites. If you want to use it, I would recommend using it very carefully because of the combination of powder form and bleach.

The powder detergent often clumps up a little bit when it gets wet. Because of this, it can stick in clothes a little bit. It sticks too hard for the washer to be able to rinse it out in the normal rinse cycle. If you don't realize it is stuck on your clothes before putting it in the dryer (which can be difficult to see on white clothes when wet, which is probably what you're using bleach on), then it can leave streaks on the clothes that are visible once they are dry. On top of this, it can cause bleach to get stuck in the clothes, and worse, stuck to the sides of the washer as well (although this has happened less times than that when it has stuck to the clothes).

Best laundry detergent

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

This is the first time in about 7 years that my laundry has actually looked clean as well as smell amazing. We have a septic system in our home and we can't use bleach, so this detergent does perfect. It does not seem to bother it at all and the manufacturer says it is septic safe. Im very happy with this detergent so far.

It cleans the laundry perfect and doesn't leave a residue. My tough stains come out with just a little bit of this detergent its great. I don't need to pre treat my stains or worry about this bleaching all my clothes. Its great for my home and great for my laundry. It does everything I need it to.

Perfect scent that's not too harsh or strong. I would love for it to come in different scents but it may make it hard for me to make a decision which one I'd want. The scent available is just perfect and last a very long while so no complaints about the scent. This is perfect for everyone in the family.

Great color safe bleach.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

I like the Tide Plus Bleach Powder Detergent because it's safe to use on both my colored clothes, and my white clothes as well. I find that the powder detergent with the bleach gets my clothes cleaner then the liquid detergent does. I feel like the Tide Plus Bleach Powder completely gets rid of all the stains, and odors out of my clothes. With regular detergents I find that my colored clothes don't look as bright, and they appear dingy. But this detergent completely gets rid of that dinginess, and makes my clothes look bright again. It also makes my whites more crisp as well. The only thing that I don't like about this detergent is the light bleach scent that comes along with it. It isn't very strong though, and the freshness outweighs the bleach scent. I would say to not use this on babies clothes, or if you have overly sensitive skin this wouldn't be a good detergent for you. But I like it.

It has color safe bleach in it. I find that it gets both my colored and white clothes both brighter and whiter. It completely lifts off the stains, and odors out of my clothes leaving them completely fresh and clean.

It has a slight bleach smell to it, but it isn't very strong. It has a nice fresh clean scent despite the bleach, and it takes all the odors out of my clothes so I don't mind it at all.

Does Not Dissolve And Makes You Itch

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Tide plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent:

I normally shy away from powder detergents but I had to do some laundry before I left on a trip and realized that I was out of detergent and this was the only option available at my local mini mart so I decided to give it a try.

I did just a couple loads in this and I'm actually quite glad since I was not impressed with how they turned out.

I really like Tide and it is my go to brand of detergent but this powder formula with added bleach just was not good. At all.

First, this clumped in my washer and never fully dissolved even in hot water so I found several little globs of it in with my clothes which meant setting the machine for an extra rinse and taking up valuable time.

I was also not particularly impressed with the cleaning power - probably because the detergent never completely dissolved. It just wasn't the usual Tide experience.

The other issue was that I, unfortunately, washed whites (socks, underwear, and t-shirts) in this and it seemed to leave a sort of residue on the clothes and my family ended up rather itchy and uncomfortable on our trip. This was not a good discovery.

Overall I really cannot recommend this. It clumps, does not dissolve, and makes you itch. It's all around not a good thing.