3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

A good alternative to the costly coffee shops

I enjoy coffee from those costly coffee shops but the cups of joe add up over time so I bought this tassimo machine and have enjoyed it. I only use it when I want a special cup of joe because I drink alot of coffee and if I used this everytime I had a cup of coffee I would be spending more than I could afford. What is nice about this is that you can have your special coffee drink at home with out going out to buy one. They offer many different flavors to choose from. It has worked like a charm and I have enjoyed it.

Tassimo was a big disappointment

I was very excited to purchase my Tassimo system because of the wide variety of coffee pods that were available and because of the convenience of a one cup brew system.  I was very satisfied with my Tassimo for the first eighteen to twenty cups until the system started leaking water everytime I tried to brew a cup of coffee.  Initially, I thought it was operator error and that I was doing something wrong. So I kept on trying different things to stop the boiling hot water from leaking all over my countertop.  Finally, I went online to see if anyone else had been experiencing the same malfunction.  To my surprise, I learned that there was a recall on my Tassimo and that the company was willing to send a free replacement - wonderful, right?  Wonderful until you read the terms and conditions of returning the unit and the process to receive your new unit.  The hassle went on for about three months until I threw it in the garbage and purchased a Keurig.  It is now over one hundren cups later and I am still loving my Keurig system...and with out the leaking mess!

Tassimo

from In Upstate, NY

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

We purchased the Tassimo , because we wanted to be able to brew fancy drinks in our home. The Tassimo is really great for that. There are a variety of drinks that one can brew including lattes, cappuccinos, teas, and espressos. The water heats up very quickly and yields a very hot cup of coffee, which we like. The milk is frothy and bubbly. It looks nice on the counter top. I do have a couple complaints, however. There really is not a large selection of discs for this in our local stores. I have found that I have to order them directly from Tassimo, and they do not always come in very good shape. I have had the creamers come split open and spilled all over the box, due to the packing material not being adequate. I also don't like that you can only use Tassimo discs in this. Because there is a bar code on each disc that the Tassimo 'reads', you cannot use any other disc but theirs. That is really expensive, and I find myself using the Keurig more because of that. I have a generic pod I can use in the Keurig. Because I have to order the discs, and there really is not a selection even close to the Keurig, I had to rate the Tassimo lower.

It can leak

Would not purchase this

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

I bought an older model Tassimo years ago for my husband. I purchased the Tassimo instead of the Keurig because of the selection of different types of beverages it offered over the Keurig. Drink selection and options for this machine is fabulous.

Brew Performance
It worked well for a few months and then all of the sudden the cartridges we put in the machine wouldn't drain all of the way, leaving a very weak, almost water flavored drink.

Very easy to clean!

This was extremely easy to use, even my young daughter could make herself a cup of hot cocoa.

This is a very sleek looking machine.

Sadly, a few months after purchasing there was a recall on the model we had. A replacement part was sent very quickly but unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Our machine continued to not drain the T-Discs all the way. We cleaned and de-scaled it and nothing changed. Thankfully we were able to return it even though we had it for almost a year and purchased a Keurig instead.

• Brew Performance:

The Betamax of single cup brewers

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

I have owned both a Tassimo and a Keurig single-cup coffee maker and Tassimo is by FAR superior. However, much like HD-DVD to Blu-Ray or Betamax to VCR and Highlander, there can be only one. Unfortunately, it looks like Tassimo is not going to be it. I enjoy the speed, variety and customizability with which it brews. I do NOT enjoy have to seek out and overpay for pods.

• Brew Performance:

good coffee maker with good coffee

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

We have this coffee maker at work. It works great, and I love the tassimo dark roast and signature blend decaffinated coffee. Tassimo has many other flavors that look good, I don't worry about getting bored with too few varieties. It's ran into erros a few times, the error message is not understandable, we restarted the machine and that fixed it.
Two downsides are:
1. it keeps quite for a while when making coffee, someone else has mistaken that as done and removed my cup
2. at the end of dispensing coffee, the coffee maker drips a small stream for a long time.

Brew Performance
Good brew

Haven't cleaned yet

Easy to use

Looks good

Haven't ran into problems

• Brew Performance:

It is not worth as much as I paid for it, but it works alright.

from Grass Lake, MI

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

I got this machine from kohls. i was a little reluctlant to buy suchan expensive machine, but I do love my coffee. I go to starbucks almost every day at least twice so I wanted to cut at least one trip out of the way, which would be before going into work. I bought the coffee maker and went home to unload the box and was very surprised on the craftmanship of it. it feels very cheap. I started using the easy to read instructions, buit it still seemed very hard at first to figure out. you have to use it for a little while to get used tot he operations. Once I made my first cup I thought it was alright. it was a little strong, but I read further and found that you can brew longer is you hold the button down. I loved it after that. I just would not ever spend this much again.

Great cup of coffee in no time at all

from La Junta, CO

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

We received the this Tassimo brewer as a gift for our church office. We have a Keurig one cup brewer at home that we love so it was very interesting to compare the differences. Here are the advantages and disadvantages I see to the Tassimo versus the Keurig:

Speed-As long as you already have water in the holder, The Tassimo brewer is ready to go as soon as you turn it on. The Keurig brewer takes about 30 seconds-1 minute to warm up

Water-The addition of the filter for the water is nice, giving the coffee and even better taste

Coffee-It tastes great, and is very rich and flavorful and is complete in less than 30 seconds.

**Disadvantages**

The price of the Tassimo pods is very expensive. Although I love the fact that Starbucks lattes are an option with this machine it is almost 20.00 for 12 pods. The Keurig kcups are on average 10.00 for 18 or I often find very good deals on Amazon where I can buy 50 for  20.00.

Although I think the flavor, ease of use and beverage options are better with the Tassimo, the price is what keeps me from giving it a full 5 stars.

Great for breakfast

from The Colony, TX

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

The Tassimo Home Brewing Systerm rocks! I love being able to brew up a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate in just minutes - it is just perfect for breakfast, especially when no one can agree on what to drink!

The system works using "pods" that come in multiple flavors by companies such as Tazo Teas, Gevalia Coffee, and Starbucks. You simply make certain that there is water in the hopper in the back, select the pod you would like, insert the pod, place your coffee mug under the spout, and press the button.  Whhhrrrrrrr, whhooooshh! You now have a steaming hot cup of coffee or tea!

There is also a water filter included in case you are using unfiltered or tap water. When you pour water into the hopper at the back you fill up the top section and the water will filter down to the bottom section before being used by the machine. To me this is the one downfall of the system as I only use filtered water and I have to wait for the water to get to the bottom before running another cup.

Wonderful, but pricey in the long run.

from State College, PA

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

We got the Tassimo one cup brewer because I love having special coffee drinks in addition to a regular brewed cup of coffee.  As far as it's ability to make a tasty cup of cappuccino, espresso, latte, chai tea, or hot chocolate, you can hardly beat it.  The clean-up is easy (nearly non-existent) and the water tank doesn't need to be refilled very often at all.  You do have to pay attention to what size cup each disk makes.  Some make only a very small teacup sized cup.  Others that indicate that they make a large cup will fill a large coffee mug, so you have to make sure it doesn't overflow.   The coffee and tea disks that I tried varied in quality, but that doesn't reflect on the brewer; it's the maker of the different coffees.  The only negative about the whole system is the cost of making the drinks.  Each disk can cost about 50 cents, so if you want a drink that has a cream base, like latte, chai, cocoa, etc., you need a seperate milk disk.  That doubles the cost of the drink to 1.00, which is just too much for me to pay on a regular basis, so we no longer use the machine.

The Tassimo TAS6515 is by far the best choice

from Poughquag, NY

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch LCD Premium Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

If you have already decided that you want a brewer that does individual cups, this is the machine to get.

Why this one?  Why not a keurig?

This machine can make lattes, cappuccinos and espressos.  And not only does it make them, it makes them extremely well.

Don't get me wrong, the regular coffee is wonderful but having the ability to make so much more is what makes this machine special.

I love having company and asking who would like coffee and then offering caramel lattes among a laundry list of other coffee, teas and cocoas.  People's reactions are priceless.  My friends come over and ask for certain drinks they've had before because they remember how good they are.

There is no warm up time.  With many other machines you have to power them on and then wait to start brewing. With this machine I turn it on put in the disc and it begins brewing instantly.

Minor gripes: T-discs are harder to find than K-cups. They dont sell them at my grocery stores but I am hoping this changes soon since Tassimos are getting so much more popular (with good reason).

You are supposed to clean out the machine after each creamy drink which is kind of a hassle. It's been suggested to me and seems to work well enough to make the milky portion of the drink first and follow it with the coffee portion to clean out any residue. This has been working well for me.

Tassimo was a big disappointment