Other Cookwares:

T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan

Pros

Cons

Heat Sensored Pan is Really Non Stick

After buying my T-Fal Ultimate 8 inch fry pan, I found that I liked it a lot but I needed a larger sized non stick pan, so I decided to try the T-Fal Initiatives Total Non Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan, in black.

This a truly wonderful pan.  It has a heat indicator this lets you know when your pan is pre-heated to the proper consistency.  The more properly heated your pan is the better chance you have of cooking your food properly and this will help to seal in juices when cooking meat, and it also helps you to things like eggs thorougly through without over cooking.

The absalute best part of this pan is its non stick surface.  It is non stick on both the inside and the outside which is nice.  I have had non stick pans that were only non stick on the inside which is usually fine, but if you happen to spill over the pan or boil over and food got on the outside and got cooked on it is difficult to clean.  With this pan I can cook as messy as I want to and the pan will still clean up really easily.

I have cooked a lot of things in this pan, from eggs, to pork chops, and even a cheese dish.  I have not had anything stick and the pan is really easy to wash every time.  The pan is dish washer safe and unlike some other pans that I have the pan usually comes out of the dishwasher really clean.  My dishwasher tends to re-deposit food on a lot of my dishes but somehow this pan manages to deflect it.

Like the 8 inch pan that I have the 12 inch pan has a phenolic handle that stays cool on the stovetop and is oven-safe to 350 degrees F. The handle is also ergonomic.  Which is good because the pan can get a bit heavy.

I really enjoy this pan.  It has been wonderful and I would highly recommend it.

View the review of the 8" pan here:

An ok option for the price range

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of T-Fal cookware. I don't have a complete set of any one brand of cookware, mostly just a mix and match modge podge of pots and pans. I like to try new things and see what works. Until I began to invest in better brands of pots and pans I didn't even know that I could do much better. I figured that non-stick coating was non-stick coating, pretty much the same across the board. Boy oh boy, was I wrong!
This pan is OK. It was really pretty inexpensive, so I suppose I got what I paid for. It gets the job done, but not as well as some of my higher quality pans. This is the ones keep in the back of the pot and pan cabinet, used now only when I don't have another clean pan that will fit the cooking job.

Doesn't Stick
This pan is OK. The non-stick coating works, but not as well as some of my other pans.

Ease of Handling
It's pretty light weight, so that makes it easier for me to handle.

Just like food not sticking while cooking is OK, clean up is about the same.

The non-stick coating is mostly intact and I've had the pan for quite some time.

Great nonstick pan!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

I love cooking great tasting meals for my family so I'm always looking for great cooking equipment and the T-Fal initiatives nonstick 12.5 inch sauté pan does not disappoint! I use it to cook a variety of different foods including chicken, turkey burgers, eggs, grilled cheese, quesadillas, fried rice and much more! This is a great quality pan at a decent price.
My favorite thing about this pan is the nonstick coating. It works wonderfully! The famous turkey burgers I make can only go in my T-fal pan because of this, if I try cooking them in my expensive Williams Sonoma pan it doesn't cook thoroughly and it sticks like crazy even with cooking spray. My T-fal sauté pan always heats all my food thoroughly with no outside burning or sticking to the pan!
I also love how easy this pan is to use and handle. It's sturdy but lightweight and extremely durable! The size is perfect! It's big enough to cook a meal for my family of four. Be careful about what type of spatula you use though so you don't scratch the nonstick surface off!
Cleaning this pan is also a breeze. I clean mine in the dishwasher and also by hand and the food always comes off easily.
Overall, I would highly recommend the T-fal sauté pan to beginner and expert cooks alike!

T-fal Magnetic Induction 12" saute pan

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

This pan was bought in hopes of being able to fry an egg that did not stick. I have used it three times and each time it is perfect. I use coconut oil twice and butter and both different "fats" it was a dream to flip the egg. It was easy to flip and also to turn the egg. The pan is not too heavy and washed up nicely. I would love to see if there is a smaller pan of this exact type. I cook on a flat top surface.

Doesn't Stick
I have also sauteed vegetables with this pan and they did not stick or burn. It says you may use metal utensil for cooking but I use bamboo type. It claims it is scratch resistant.

Very good.

Not too heavy

It says you can place in the dishwasher but I always do my pans by hand and it was a breeze to wash up.

Not too high of a side which I like. Beautiful stainless steel finish.

Label states it is made in China I wish it would have been made in the United States .

Only have three weeks but it is great. I like that it is having no lead/no PFOA/No cadmium in the product.

• Ease of Handling:

Perfect preheat,easy to clean, non-stick delivers great flavor.

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

This innovative, non-stick, speedy clean-up saute pan perfectly preheats to seal the ultimate flavor into your favorite food. T fal uses thermo-spot technology to deliver the exact temperature needed to produce the perfect dish. Not only will you be delighted
with your new-found cooking abilities; you will also find that cleaning is a breeze.

Doesn't Stick
The non-stick coating on the T fal saute pan not only cuts down on cleaning time;
but also is as easy as wiping with a paper towel. No more scrubbing or soaking
required.

Heat Distribution
The easy to read thermo-spot provides the perfect heat to seal in flavors while
maintaining evenly distributed heat to offer a quick release and take the guess work
out of cooking.

Ease of Handling
The long handle offers a safe and comfortable grip. The non-stick surface
makes turning food quicker and much easier.

T fal's thermo-spot saute pan has non-stick interior and exterior. Combined
with even heating this makes for an easy and speedy clean up. This pan is
so easily cleaned there is no need for a dishwasher.

T fal offers a unique ergonomic handle for easy use. The non-stick coating
and thermo-spot add ease in cleaning and cooking.

This pan has a hard long lasting anodized finish which adds to
the life of the non-stick finish.

Love the T-fal 12.5 inch saute pan

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

I think this pan is a great addition to anyone's cookware collection. The T-fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5-Inch Saute Pan really does well when it comes to being the perfect pan for sauteeing vegetables. This pan also does well with things like frying chicken or pork chops and also baking a larger quanity of scrambled eggs. The red dot technology in the center lets you know when the pan has had sufficient time to heat up, and the heat distribution is really great in this size of pan. Some of the larger pans have a harder time keeping warm, but this 12.5-inch pan does a great job of keeping heated. I would suggest this size pan if you do not have one.

The non-stick technology really helps clean up be a breeze.

I have to knock the design of the T-fal pan because of the Dupont chemicals they use in their non-stick technology. I wish they could create the same surface without the harsh chemicals.

For specific uses only

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

I never knew prior to 2005 that non stick skillets or pots really are non stick. After time with utensils and washing flakes of the T-fal and non stick coating start to flake off and well...it ends up in your food. I have however found a perfect use for non stick when given one specific purpose. My grandmother taught me in 2010 that the best way to make Swedish Pancakes (crepe thin but still fluffy) was to dedicate ONE skillet to pancakes only. NEVER EVER let meat or other products in that skillet as it ruins the coating. Use with a nice sturdy plastic spatula and use a rag to clean as to not scrape or rub off the coating. You will come out with a perfect pancake nearly every time. The T-fal heats through all areas so there are no cold spots, the handle is easy to grip for turning around as cooking, and due to to it heating properly in all areas you never are left with burnt areas or cold spots. I can not vouch for this product to cook other items but it has not failed me in over three years for my love or use of pancake cooking on the stove!

An ok option for the price range

from Southfield, MI

Ease of Handling
It's pretty light weight, so that makes it easier for me to handle.

Just like food not sticking while cooking is OK, clean up is about the same.

The Best Pan I have ever owned

from Campobello, SC

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

These Pans have lasted forever. I love to cook with these. I have not had any problems with the non stick coating scraping off. This is very important to me. The pans cook evenly. My husband gave me one for Christmas and I thought great , a pan for Christmas. After trying it out I went out and bought several more. I am hoping to add more pans and pots to my collection soon.

Doesn't Stick
I have had no problems with any food sticking to these pans. The coating seems to be "made onto the pan , not sprayed on".

Heat Distribution
I feel that the heat is evenly distributed with these pans. Cooking seems evenly distributed.

Ease of Handling
These pans are light weight . The handle is easy to grip and hold onto. Fits well onto the burner. Stack well for storage.

These pans clean very well. The food does not stick and that makes for easy clean up. I hand was these pans.

I love the design of these pans. My pans are red, which I love. These stack well for storage and fit well onto my flat top stove. They are very light weight which I enjoy.

I have been using these for several years. I have not had any problems with them. I look forward to adding to my collection.

Love this pan!

from Stanton, CA

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

We got this 12.5 inch saute pan made by T-Fal for Christmas from my mother in law. We didn't necessarily need a new pan, but we thought, what the heck, it's better than our old ones. Was it ever! It was my first non stick pan and now I will never go back. It heats up nice and evenly, and cooks that way as well. I've never had a problem with unevenly cooked food with this. It is a great piece of cookware, and we actually went out to buy the rest of the pieces in the collection ourselves!

Doesn't Stick
This is a very good non-stick pan.

Heat Distribution
I love how evenly all of our food is cooked on this. Truly even.

Ease of Handling
It is an easy to handle, small pan. Stores easily, and is super convenient to cook small items with.

The food stuck on the pan after cooking just slides right off!

This is a classic design, nothing really too special about it, and it doesn't need to be. It is a great looking saute pan.

We've had this saute pan for almost three years now, and there is hardly any wear and tear. Very durable.

• Ease of Handling:

A very wise choice, money well spent.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

I have now owned this pan, and two others in different sizes for a little over a year. I decided to purchase these particular models of T Fal based upon spectacular reviews by America"s Test Kitchen, and have not been disappointed. The pans heat evenly and to this date has not warped even slightly. I use these pans almost daily, and there are absolutely no scratches in the non-stick interior.
T-Fal states that these pans will remain scratch free even when metal utensils are used in them, and my husband has tested this theory more often than I would like, but there is no evident harm done. These pans are also dishwasher safe, but I did notice waterspots do tend to get left behind when washed in this manner, so I do prefer to handwash these pans.

Doesn't Stick
Smooth. non-stick coating browns and releases food easily.

Heat Distribution
Even heating throughout the pan.

Ease of Handling
Extremely light-weight, sturdy handle.

Wipes clean, no scrubbing needed. Dishwasher safe.

Heat spot indicator in the center of the pan looks neat, but really is not helpful to well practiced cooks. May be helpful for beginners.

Extremely durable. After one year of heavy use, this pan shows absolutely no sign of wear on the inside or out. The handle is still securely attached. The pan is still flat-bottomed with no warped areas.

• Ease of Handling:

Great addition to my current cookware

from Frisco, TX

Comments about T-Fal Initiatives Non-Stick 12.5 Inch Saute Pan:

I have always been a stir fried queen. I love stir fry everything because stir fry is so much healthier and more tasty. Recently, I have tried to eat more vegetables and I need a good non-stick pan that I do not need to put too much oil to do my stir frying. I found this decently priced T-fal non-stick pan at Target. I like the dept of the pan, It is easy for me to toss my vegetable around and spilling all over the place. When I heat the pan up, the red circle in the middle of the pan will get darker. The indicator is helpful if you want to know when to put your onion on the heated oil. You want to make sure that you heat up your oil before you put vegetable in it because this is the only way that you can make the pan non-stick. If the pan is NOT heated up totally, some food will stick to the pan. This is something that i learn from my cooking class.

I like this pan because I have been using it for a while ( like 6 months), I still don't see any wear and tear. I use some soft padding to place between my pans so that they won't scratch each other. This pan is also very easy to clean. Sometimes, I just use water to rinse and towel dry it afterwards. It is non-stick if I cook my food right. So I guess for the price that I paid, it is really a good cookware for my kitchen!