Other Cookwares:

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

Good heavy cookware that will last for years.

I got a Calphalon set for Christmas - it is amazing.   It is well made, heavy and durable.   Non stick surfaces all around and heats evenly.   I love this cookware - and can't wait to own more of it.   It looks good too, good enough to use as serveware too.   I can tell this is one set of pots and pans that I will have around for years to come.  Handles are well attached and don't heat up either.   Food cooks thoroughly and evenly in my Calphalon pans.   And it looks like it may have cost a bunch more, the price at Bed Bath and Beyond was very reasonable.  This set of pans make my kitchen look better and make me want to cook more.  I absolutely love them.   And grilled cheese sandwiches never burn - it is such an even source of heat.  Great technology.

This is not a cookware for longevity and regular use!

When I purchased this cookware I thought that it would be the cookware I would be able to use for a very long time... I was wrong! I cook everyday and enjoy making meals and trying out new recipes but this cookware doesn't have the lifetime warranty it claims to have. After about a year and a half the non-stick surface starting wearing off and I know that when that happens it is no longer safe to use. I contacted the company and they said that I would have to send it to them (at my cost - and it is very heavy - so the shipping is very expensive) and that when they got it they would give me  a reason why this happened... I knew I had followed the instructions for cooking with this product - never placing it on High heat... but I ended being at a loss for the cost - the company never replaced it or gave me back the money I spent for it.

A Fantastic Basic Cookware Set

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

This Simply Calphalon non-stick 14 piece cookware set was a Christmas gift from our in-laws four Christmases ago. We did not ask for it, but after four years of near daily use, I am so glad that we received it! It is an excellent set that has practically every basic pot, pan or lid you could need. Of course, if you'd like a soup or stock pot, or something a little more specific in size or use, you'll need to purchase it separately, but ultimately, we've been highly impressed with every piece in this set. We find we use them all frequently, and that they all have specific uses they work well for. Over time they've gotten some minimal scratches and dings, but as long as you are careful with them in the sink and do not use metal utensils on the black non-stick portion of the pots or pans, the whole set holds up really nicely - inside and out. We have had no problems with the non-stick coating flaking away or not working properly. The heat distribution feels even - again, we've never noticed a problem. The handles on each pot and pan are strong and sturdy. The lids fit well, and each piece is high quality and of a nice, heavy weight. I also think this set is very attractive - it's got a nice, brushed gunmetal appearance to it that looks great. The pieces are well designed, easy to clean and maintain, and are very high quality and durable. If you're looking for a good, sturdy, attractive, quality cookware set of pots, pans, and lids that features all the most common cooking pieces you'll need, then look no further than this set. It's wonderful and makes a really excellent gift for newly married couples, recent college graduates living on their own who like to cook...or anyone really. We love ours and have been really pleased with it over the years.

Good Range Of SIzes, Sturdy Pans

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

These are really good pans. They look good even after quite a bit of use. They are a bit heavy, but I think that is why they work well. I had had problems with the frying pan. I think after problems with burns, the non stick coating has partially flaked.

Doesn't Stick
The non stick is great at first and I do try to be careful with my frying pans, but after about a year of pretty constant use, the non stick surface has partially flaked and the entire frying pan is not non-stick. The pots are still fine maybe because I don't use the pots as much. Of my issue with the frying pans may be that about once a month I do accidently burn something.

Heat Distribution
I've encountered no problems with heat distribution.

Ease of Handling
These pans are a bit heavy and that can be an issue with easy handling. I'm glad the big pot has handles on either side. The handles can get a little hot.

I think this selection of sizes is great. There is a pot that is perfect for a can of soup and the next size up is great for say mac and cheese.

My pots are fine---almost look new, but the two big frying pans have flaked and are no longer completely nonstick.

Calphalon is a Quality Brand

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

I absolutely love the Calphalon One nonstick set that I have. With my set, it did not have a lid for the smallest pot which I really wish it did have one. Other than that this is a great set. I really enjoy using the steamer with fresh vegetables. It is so easy to use and they turn out great every time. The different size frying pans and pots are great to always have on hand, and I like having so many as well so I don't have to worry with washing a pot while I'm trying to cook dinner.

Doesn't Stick
Sometimes I have to use a nonstick spray in the omelet size pan, especially if I am doing something like fried rice. But it may be because I don't use a lot of butter.

Heat Distribution
The heat distribution is great in these pans. With the larger frying pan, it doesn't quite heat all the way to the edges so don't overfill it.

Ease of Handling
They are easy to handle but the larger pots can be very heavy when full. An extra handle may have been helpful.

These are very durable and I think they will last a long time.

love this set

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

After my husband bought me a set of Calphalon Omelette pans, I loved them so much that I went shopping for more pieces from this brand. I found the Calphalon One Nonstick 16-Piece set. There is a wide variety of sizes of pans in this set and if you had no other pots and pans besides this set, you would be fine. The lids are clear and allow you to see your food cooking inside without removing the lid. They also designed to released steam without removing the lid. They are nonstick and your food does not stick to them. Clean up is extremely easy as well. You can use them on the stove top or in the oven, which is nice for those dishes that you have to start on the stove top and finish in the oven. Or if you just want to keep your food warming in the oven. They heat evenly so your food cooks perfectly in them. They are very durable, I have had mine for a couple of years and I think they will last many more years. I highly recommend this set to anyone in need of cookware.

An exceptional set!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

This was the cookware set that taught me that not all pots and pans are created equal!
I had never given much thought to the kinds of cookware I used. I always assumed that one non-stick pan was as good as the next. I could never understand why people would spend so much money on pots and pans when there were ones that worked just fine for so much less money.
Then I discovered this set from Calphalon. The pieces are all very weighty. They just feel hefty and high quality. The sauce pans are deep, their sides much higher than other pans. This is nice, it makes splashing less of a problem. The non-stick coating doesn't look or feel the same as the kind in cheaper cookware and it seems to wear much better as well.
I'm not fortunate enough to actually own this set, my mom does. I cook at her house fairly often and have definitely come to covet her cookware!

Cooks evenly

Ease of Handling
The larger pots and pans in the collection are a little bit hard for me to handle because I'm small and they're so hefty. However the quality more than makes up for this issue.

These pieces all look nice. They look like high quality cookware, which is exactly what they are.

The pieces are all quite sturdy and hold up well.

Simply the Best!

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

This is the greatest invention. This set include pieces sufficient enough to cook a complete meal for a family of six -quickly! It's designed well. Fits well into my modern kitchen. It's easy to clean. Just use mild soap detergent and water, done. I am loving my set! I highly recommend this product to everyone.

Wonderful cookware

from Silverton, OR

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

My mom bought this full set years ago and loves it. I go up there for lunch every day and so I've used it a lot. I really like the non-stick feature of the pots and pans because we use stainless steel at home. So it's nice to not have to work to get the perfect pan coating consistency... with this its already as if the pan is perfectly greased. The handles are nice - not too thin, not too thick. And the weight is perfect as well. Some of the heavier stuff I've used in the past makes it really hard to pour something out with one hand. The lids have a steam release hole which is nice also so your soups, etc. don't boil over. Overall it's great to use, very high quality, and cooks just as well as my stainless pans without the difficult clean-up afterwards.

• Ease of Handling:

The only pots and pans set you will ever need

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

I received this set of Calphalon cookware for my birthday last year, and have no complaints whatsoever.  It was my first experience with Calphalon (and my first grown up matched set of cookware) and it has been great.  First, the set pretty much contains the right pot or pan for any use.  There is a good array of sizes to fit any cooking need.  Second, the nonstick surfaces are fantastic.  Food does not stick during cooking, and cleaning them is SO easy.  And you don't have to worry about the coating flaking off like Teflon.  The handles stay cool during cooking so you can grab them and move them around without a potholder, which is fantastic.  You can also move it to the oven if you need to to finish a dish or to keep it warm.  The lids are very nice and see-through, so you can monitor your cooking without taking the lid off.  I would recommend this set for anyone who is looking for good quality, all purpose cookware for the home.

Cephalon 16 Piece set has made my cooking so much easier

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-pc. Cookware Set:

Love this set. It has made cooking so much easier. Less work in cleaning up as well. The pots wash up well after use and I have nto ahd anything stick while cooking.

I have had this set for awhile and it has helped in cutting the time I have to spend in the kitchen.

The nonstick really works.

from Tampa, FL

**Calphalon One Nonstick 16-Piece set.**

You can use this cookware for anything.

It cooked really well and easy to clean.

I use the gas stove and it works great.

For those who use the electric stove, I can't give any positive opinion.

But with the gas stove, it boils the water/soup fast and evenly.

Just wash with some water, and it will remove all excess food easily.

I don't see any food really stick to the pan.