3.4

Sun Classic Powder Laundry Detergent

3.4

Pros

Cons

You get what you pay for unfortunately.

Comments about Sun Classic Powder Laundry Detergent:

Sun classic laundry detergent was a nightmare for us. Usually, we either make our own detergent or go to one of the detergents we are familiar with. I was short on cash and left my debit card at home so I grabbed the cheapest detergent I could find. I wish I'd drove home to get my card because it would've saved me money on Hydrocortisone creams.

This detergent not only left residue on our clothing and towels, but also left spots where our skin broke out and itched. It got bad enough from wearing the clothing that we had to buy anti-itch creams and other laundry detergent that we knew was safe. We had to redo all the laundry and for safety cleaned out the machine before doing it. We also did the laundry that the Sun washed clothing and towels came into contact with.

I only rated it a two because it was cheap. If you know for sure you'll have no issues and don't mind some residue left over on your clothing. It might be good for you. For us, we'll avoid it.

Definitely cleans but leaves behind residue. Very good at breaking out our skin.

I didn't notice any particular scent.

Great To Use When Traveling

Comments about Sun Classic Powder Laundry Detergent:

I use Sun Classic Sun Powder laundry detergent primarily when I am travelling and have access to laundry machines. It packs well and is very light so it doesn't add too much to your overall luggage weight. It also saves time and money by bringing the detergent with you. Although I normally use liquid laundry detergent, I have found this Sun detergent works just as well at cleaning our clothes and leaving them smelling fresh.

This laundry detergent cleans our clothes as well as the liquid detergents I normally use. It dissolves quickly and rinses out thoroughly. I also use this detergent to wash some of our clothes by hand and it has never caused me any skin irritation. It is also an economical laundry detergent. I have no complaints about this laundry detergent.

Although I prefer scent free laundry products, this powder detergent is very lightly and pleasantly scented. I am sensitive to heavy scents in general, and this detergent does not bother me in any way.

Sun Classic Sun Powder Laundry Detergent - residue in my clothes

Comments about Sun Classic Powder Laundry Detergent:

Sun Classic Sun Powder Laundry Detergent left residue in my clothes. It left a LOT of residue. Generally, I prefer liquid detergent. I wash much of my laundry in warm or cool water and I have found that sometimes powders don't completely dissolve in cold water. That's exactly what happened when I used Sun Classic Sun Powder Laundry Detergent.

I did two loads of laundry this this detergent. The first load was all white clothes with hot water and bleach. It seemed to do an adequate job. The clothes looked pretty clean, but that could have been because of the bleach I used.

The second load was a load of towels that were darker colors (navy blue, hunger green and a dark brown). I used warm water to wash and cold water to rinse. When the washer was finished, I could see many little specs left on the dark fabrics. They were actually small bits of the detergent that did not dissolve.

To me, when laundry comes out of the washer with small bits of detergent, I consider it a failure! I am glad I bought a very small sized package. I threw it away.

Gets the job done

Comments about Sun Classic Powder Laundry Detergent:

I am a stay at home mom, with three kids here on weekends. We have a toddler, who is messy! This detergent really does the job and gets the messes out WITHOUT the heavy price tag associated with the big name brands. We have been in a pinch for the past few weeks and have had to buy this, and I have not had any issues. Though, it does not leave your clothes smelling heavily of the soap- which is why I rated a 9.

Does the job at a great price

Comments about Sun Classic Powder Laundry Detergent:

I love this detergent. It is a great price and it does what it is supposed to do. I use it to wash cloth diapers and it gets them clean with no left over residue. I also have 3 sons who are not easy on their clothing and it gets them looking like new each wash.

Cleans well and does not leave powder marks behind.

Not to strong.