2.4

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

Reliable Service

After attempting to obtain price quotes from several companies, I realized that Suddenlink was the only company that would give me an accurate price without me giving them my social security number and them running a credit check on me. The pricing was clearly stated on their website with plans that were easy to read and follow. I was able to bundle a package at a very decent price and the whole process has been fairly easy. The technician had to come out to set up the line which he did through our internet but it was an easy process and he came within the allotted time frame they gave me. He even offered to help me move my television since it wasn't in the correct spot for the cable line. The only issue I've had with them which is why I can't give them a 10 is their online billing system. I was issued an incorrect billing amount my first month which was easy to catch but it took two different people to fix and I still couldn't see the adjustments online. All it showed was a dollar amount with no reason as to why it was different from the paper statement. Because of my frustrations they gave me a statement credit which did please me.

Suddenlink STINKS

I was a loyal costumer of Cox Communications for 10 yrs, then Suddenlink took over and has run my favorite cable company straight into the same deep waters that the Titanic herself rests...Read complete review

I was a loyal costumer of Cox Communications for 10 yrs, then Suddenlink took over and has run my favorite cable company straight into the same deep waters that the Titanic herself rests in!

Over night my dependable service turned into a costumer service and technical nightmare. I'm not even sure how this is possible given that all the did was change the name on the building from COX to SUDDENLINK and perhaps a coat of paint.

The internet service is slow, plagued with glitches and hickups.

Their phone service (when it works) is staticy and frustrating.

Their cable serivce is the monster of my issues. Since we've dealt with Suddenlink we've had to deal with shitty costumer service members who quite bluntly told me once "To stop complaining so much lady, damn!" I'm sorry Junior but that's what you're there for, so shut up and take notes!

We've had loss of picture, loss of sound....both simultaneiously! Loss of DVR function, loss of DVR recordings, inturupted recordings my phantom problems, recording the wrong channel, not recording set programming, recording for hours on end....etc, etc, etc.

My conclusion is that Suddelink is CRAP Cable, and anyone praising it to the heavens is suspect to me. Considering that i've been a loyal costumer of Cox for 10 yrs, i kept a good positive attitude about the Suddenlink take over and hoped that Cox would be smart enough to bow out to a good company, but that wasn't the case. I'm throughly disgusted with Suddenlink, and as soon as i buy my own DVR you bet your rear i'll pay extra for satellite serivce! At least it's reliable!

Dont waste your money on this company

from San angelo, tx

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

Dont waste your money on this company. We checked our balance last week showed a 0 balance i called to make sure and again told me a 0 balance. 1 week they shut everything off. 2 weeks prior to this we paid 250 dollars please tell me how this company is not ripping people off. I called and spoke with a supervisor she said we are looking at an old acct we have only had 1 acct with suddenlink never changed or anything. Same acct we just paid the 250 dollars on though. So this company is absolutely ridiculous. Dont waste your time or money with them.

Don't waste your money

from Sedona az

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

SL cable has not worked right since day 1. Every time I call customer service, I get a different story. When they sent a tech to correct problems, he tells me SL has 300 channels and they have to "piggyback" them to fit. What a bunch of nonsense. HD doesn't work half the time, several stations stop and start intermittently and WAY TOO MANY religious channels. I don't want to pay for this ! I had cable in there's and never had a problem. SL has it bitten off more than it can chew. Get out of the cable business cause SL stinks at it. I was also told by a tech, cable is a sideline to SL and they don't have it right yet. If they can't do it right then they should get out of the business!

The Worse Company

from Mount Carbon, WV

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

this is the worse company to deal with! The price is too high and there are many outages! They dont have unlimited internet and charge you in $10 increments each month you go over. Im so happy I no longer have to deal with them!

Poor internet service

from Gainesville,Tx

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

in spite of commercial promises of faster internet service, we would be happy with reliable wifi service. Often during the day, always at night we lose the signal and have to reset the modem multiple times to continue to use a laptop or I Pad. After three service calls and phone contact they tell us the system is overloaded in our area and will be upgraded in the future, but no one knows when. We have dealt with this for 3 months plus and it is time to change. The cable service for the TV is fine but if you use WiFi be aware it is marginal in some areas.

Terrible service

from Russellville, AR

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

We were Cox customers before Suddenlink bought them out, and were quite happy with them, but not now. The cable cuts out periodically, they move channels without notice, the slow internet cuts out and there are the data caps that are way too low. Then they took away the best channels (Viacom) and added a bunch of cheap garbage to keep from having to raise our rates, then raised them anyway. They are the worst cable company around, but just as so many others have said, they have a monopoly here.

I have had to call customer service on a few occasions, but they have always been polite and helpful, until you mention Viacom. LOL That pushes their "rude" button.

All in all, I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Unbelievable

from zwolle Louisiana

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

Suddenlink is sudden alright,cut our internet off one night..called them the following day to find out they stuck us with a "dubious" mystery bill, and gave us 5 days to pay it knowing that we get paid on the first of every month. Talking to the supervisor got no where, they simply didn't care. We have been a loyal customer for a year now and never late on a payment. My wife and I both agree that since they have no proof of the "mystery" bill that it is a phoney. Just imagine if their company hit every customer up 150 bux.anyways they cutting us off tomorrow..toodle do..ps..they are a bit pricey..have fun..

poor service and very poor customer service

from Chickasha,Ok

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

My cable went out for know apparent reason and I called for a service tech to come out and correct the problem it was straight bs they wanna send techs out days after but want they money on time.why if I called u out early in the day you won't send somebody out the same day r the next day I know yall don't have that many clients in Chickasha cuz yall bs workers don't be doing the job but burning gas be this is my last month with yall this company showed me very little friendly customer service to continue my stay with this company ill give my money to a company that put the customer first

rude unprofessional customer service n frequent interuptions

from san angelo, tx

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

we found out security techs don't work on weekends or holidays when we were robbed at gunpoint in our home at night and couldn't contact anyone from security for four days. most technicians and even field supervisor robert were ignorant about how the system worked and how to program it and even fabricated circumstances sabotaging our service. on hold so long, transferred so many times, messages never returned, poor signals, bad reception, expensive charges, and even worse customer service. don't waste your time or money.

Stinkinlink

from San Angelo, TX

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

Just now cancelled out of my Stinkinlink account, went back to Dish Network. This has been my 2nd experience with them. I cancelled out of Dish and went to S.L. (SuddenLink) when Dish was in a contract dispute and I couldn't receive the Fox News Channel. That's been resolved now.

I consider the service with Dish to be superior to S.L.
S.L. makes you use the Tivo as a DVR, (and their own vbersion so you have to rent it and can't buy one at BestBuy). You can only store about 80 hours of shows on Tivo, with Dish Hopper you can store about 2000 hours.
S.L. remote control is very poorly designed and confusing to operate, the Dish remote is straightforward and easy.
S.L. program schedule is all over the map - for instance Fox News is channel 244 and Fox Business is 472 and thgere is no "Channel swap" button on the remote to easily switch back and forth.
I had several problems with S.L., including programs recording without the sound. To their credit they did have a technician at the house im a timely fashion, but it was still aggravating.
On Dish Network, you can program a recording and record a show from any of the extra boxes, with S.L. Tivo you can only program from the main box. Kinda inconvenient when you're in the BR and want to plug in a recording and you have to go to the LR and use the main box.
I just really was not happy with S.L. at all and wish I had never switched. I'm getting Dish re-installed tomorrow and will be cancelling SuddenLink.

Get a Dish

Comments about Suddenlink Cable:

Internet is great, TV sucks!!
First, if you want to record a show and see the end of it, you have to record the next show every time. You never get to see the end of a show you record. Don't get interested in a national commercial either because they cut them right off to pipe in their own. Their DVR service is nothing compared to TiVo. From selecting shows to fast forwarding, they are way behind the times. I was just watching impractical jokers and the ending was becoming super hiliarious but never got to see the very end. Happens with everything you record.

• Customer Service: