Other Shampoos:
Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo

Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Suave Naturals doesn't give me headaches like other shampoo.

I have trouble with shampoos and conditioners.  Most of them have quaternium chemicals in them and that gives me headaches, however, Suave Naturals - Fresh Mountain Strawberry does not and so I can use it without fear of getting headaches all the time.  Plus, it smells great and is a very basic shampoo meant only to cleanse.  Also, Suave is a great brand for the budget-conscious.  It is cheap but good quality!  The light strawberry scent is just enough to add a hint of deliciousness but not overwhelming.  I like how it gets my hair clean, but doesn't add any extra film or grease to it due to moisturizers or other chemical additives.  It doesn't detangle and doesn't have any conditioner in it, but you can easily get another Suave conditioner or some other conditioner to use with it.  It will easily work well with many conditioners despite their scent.  It also comes in a large family size bottle - which is an even better savings!

Suave Strawberry shampoo smells great, works adequate

The scent found in Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberry shampoo is one of the best smells in any shampoo I have used. That said, I have found that performance wise, it is similar to other Suave shampoos, which I consider a cheap shampoo.

Although I appreciate the price of the Suave shampoos, I find their performance to be sub-par. With Suave shampoos (except for their professional-line), I have to wash my hair at least twice, otherwise it is slightly greasy. This was true for the Strawberry shampoo as well, although it is my favorite in the Suave line.

I would use this product again if I was broke and needed a shampoo. I would also use it between shampoos, if I needed to give my hair a rest for a week or two. This product would most likely work for those who are pleased with the other shampoos in the Suave line. Again, I love the smell of this shampoo, but find that it doesn't work well with my hair, even if it works for my budget.

Not my favorite

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I occasionally use the Suave brand, but, I do have to say this Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo isn't one of my favorites. The "strawberry" scent that it claims to have is a really fake scent. I wasn't at all impressed by it.

As far as getting your hair clean, yes, it does the job.

I really didn't enjoy the scent of this at all, too fake.

Fabulous Smell!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I can very clearly remember strawberry Suave shampoo from the time I was about 4 years old. I remember looking forward to every single bath because I knew I would smell like strawberries. The smell will just make you fall in love with this shampoo. I like Suave because it is gentle on my hair and doesn’t strip it of all the natural oils. I used it as a kid and I use it as an adult. I also use it on my children. Though it is hard to find this particular strawberry scent, I still buy Suave because it works so good on my hair. I often have people ask me what shampoo I use because they love the shine of my hair. I always tell them I sue Suave and they are surprised because Suave is considered a cheap shampoo. The price is much lower than the average shampoo and that is another great thing about Suave. Suave works great on my hair. It leaves it soft, smooth and shiny. This strawberry Suave smells fabulous! Do yourself a favor and go grab a bottle, you won’t regret it.

My hair looks great!

It is amazing!

Cheap but it actually worked very well for me.

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

The great thing about this line of shampoo/conditioners is that it has such a nice price, but it isn't a low quality. As for this particular shampoo, it smelled like strawberries and actually stayed in my hair, and it was wonderful. It truly cleaned my hair deeply and it didn't leave my hair draw or crunchy.

Smells SO good and beautifully cleans

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo smells really good! It is probably the best smelling shampoo I have ever used. It is also a great shampoo. It cleans your hair and leaves it feeling beautiful. Suave is very economical and you get a lot for your money.

Love this scent!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I haven't used this suave shampoo in years. I didn't even realize that Suave still made this! I loved this shampoo back in my broke, just moved out of my parents house days! It smells so good!
So I'll admit that now that I can afford to purchase the shampoo that I want, I probably wouldn't buy this (although that Strawberry scent would be tempting), however when I needed shampoo that was extremely inexpensive this was fantastic! For one of the least expensive shampoo products on the market, this is a pretty decent shampoo. It cleans well. It does leave your hair soft, though not as soft as the Wen Cleansing Conditioner I use now, though in my opinion not even the most expensive shampoo can compare to Wen.

I usually don't like a lot of scent in my shampoos and conditioners. However, in this case I love the smell of this shampoo so much I don't care that it's pretty strong! This stuff just smells so good!

This is the best conditioner I have used!

from Marion, IL

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I love all Suave products, especially Fresh Mountain Strawberry condition.  Their products are some of the least expensive on the market, yet the results are great.  This conditioner leaves my hair soft, sleek, and manageable.  It also makes my hair smell wonderful, and the scent lasts for a long time.  I buy the family size bottle, so I receive 33% free.  I would recommend Suave shampoo/conditioner for any person of any age.  I love the entire line of Suave products.  In this economy, the quality of Suave products for the cost is amazing!

Suave products are readily found at any department or megastore, and they are typically the cheapest products on the shelf.  The quality is amazing and I have many friends who use these products.  They also have the Suave promise to make sure you are completely satisfied with their products.  They will replace or refund your product if you are not completely satisfied.

This shampoo is amazing!

from Marion, IL

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I love all Suave products, especially Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberry shampoo.  Their products are some of the least expensive on the market, yet the results are great.  This product leaves my hair manageable, sleek, shiny, and full of volume.  It also makes my hair smell wonderful, and the scent lasts for a long time.  I buy the the family size.  I would recommend Suave shampoo for any person of any age.  I love the entire line of Suave products.  In this economy, the quality of Suave products for the cost is amazing!

wonderful smell, and cleans and shine better than anything.

from Racine, WI

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I think Sauvé's Fresh Mountain Strawberry is the best in there line of products. It smells wonderful, cleans and shines better then the more expensive brands I have tried. It comes in a nice slim bottle that fits into your hand easily. It also sits nicely upside down, with a flip lid, which is easily opened with in one hand. It is a thick clear gel so you only need to use a very little bit as it goes a long way. No need to rinse and repeat it gets the job the first time around. This is simply a wonderful product. I have tried I think all of their shampoos and have been very pleased with each and everyone. This one has such a fruity yet freshly subtle fragrance, it just takes you away, straight to the top of the mountain. It has a very calming and relaxing effect. I would love to smell this fragrance in a bubble bath or a body wash. I have used this on my grandchildren and they are pleased as well. They like coming to Grammies for a bath because it smells so nice. It is a one time wash which makes it easier as well and is gentle on their soft and tender skin. Even my Husband has commented on how he likes this one the best also.  I have recommended this to anyone that will listen. It is wonderful, product.  Well worth your money.

Total Junk

from Valley Springs, CA

Ok here we go...

I was at the store strolling around the shampoo section looking of a good deal, as things have gotten so expensive these days.  I spot Suave shampoo for a very low price.  The pricing should have been my first warning.  Sometimes price really can be an indicator of quality.

So... I get home and use the shampoo that night.  The first thing I noticed was that the shampoo smelled more like candy rather than soap.  Well, smell isn't everything...  I pour the shampoo into my hand and realize how incredibly thin it is. That is not always a bad thing but it just seemed **way** too thin.

Of course my next step is putting it on my head and lathering.  Hmm... the shampoo did not lather very much either. I continue with my hair cleansing ritual ect. and get out of the shower.  When my hair dries, it still feels dirty.  I go through this routine for a couple of weeks and the shampoo never got any better.

In addition to that, apparently the sweet smell of this shampoo can attract insects in the dead of winter.   Normally I would bypass that comment as just something strange.  However, bugs are really attracted to the smell of this shampoo.  It may not be a good idea to use it in spring or summer.

Overall, I was totally dissatisfied with this shampoo.  It did not smell, lather or clean as it should.  I guess the lesson I learned was that you get what you pay for.  Suave shampoo is just that.. Cheap.

Excellent value for a basic shampoo

from Kaneohe, HI

Comments about Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo:

I used to be a shampoo snob, using only salon brands such as Paul Mitchell. But life changes (mainly a growing family and shrinking paycheck) have forced me to adjust my attitudes. In addition, I no longer have the luxuriously long (hip-length) hair of my youth. I have mom hair now. I no longer need fancy shampoo; I just need something that will do the job, hopefully for cheap.

Suave Naturals shampoo fits the bill. Not only was this already priced very low, but it was on sale at Longs, AND I had a coupon! Can we say, "practically free?" Not only was it cheap, but the bottle was HUGE. I don't know if this was a special promotion, but it had 50% more than the regular size bottle.

I won't say that this shampoo does wonders for my hair, or anything, but it certainly cleans it just fine. It lathers up okay and rinses out well. Since it was so cheap, I don't mind using gobs of it. I think the strawberry scent is very pleasant and not overpowering. The smell is not as strong as it is for the Suave kids' shampoos (which are also quite pleasant, but a bit too strong for me). It didn't dry out my hair or negatively affect it in any other way.

At this price, it's really hard to go wrong. If you don't like it, pass it on to the husband or kids.