Other Shampoos:

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Suave Daily Clarifying-great for hair product abusers & greasers

My husband and I have been using **Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo **for several years now. Actually he started using it first because of all of the nasty, thick, destructive gel he puts in his coarse, thick hair daily. I on the other hand have very fine, fragile, thin, needy hair and have always babied it with expensive, girly hair products. That is until one day I felt the need to really get a deep down clean hair (after using an hour long conditioning product) so I reached for **Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo **and really loved the way it left my hair feeling after I conditioned it with my favorite girly conditioner.

Since then I discovered, for me and my oil slick of a scalp, I can us a nice cheaply priced shampoo as terrific as **Suave Daily Clarifying **as long as a use an extremely hydrating conditioner, my favorite happens to be reviewed by me here on Viewpoints: [Aussie Moist][1] ! I call it "Moist-i-licious"!

One word of caution, be very, very careful to NOT get **Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo** into your eyes - it will not "clarify" your vision, no quite the contrary! It burns like CRAZY fire - don't do it, not once and not daily. But do wash your hair with **Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo**, if it burns your eyes just think how good it's cleaning your hair! But again, use a great conditioner afterwards if you have fine, tangle prone hair - you'll be just fine! And remember: this stuff is CHEAP, that sometimes is a good thing!

This product is great for deep down clean - just if you have fine hair like mine use a great conditioner in conjunction!

There's not real scent to speak of; the little bit of scent that is there is a clean smell and it disappears almost immediately!

Inexpensive general shampoo for everyone

I have been using various Suave shampoos for a very long time and have always been pleased with them.  Now everyone in our family uses the Suave shampoo and some of us use the conditioner as well.  The best part about Suave products in general is that they are realistically priced.  The shampoos are just as good as any other shampoo on the market and much less expensive.  They lather well, rinse well, you don't have to use too much of the product to get it lathered, they smell good and come in many different varieties of scents, uses and sizes.  I have also used the shampoo on camping trips/beach trips in place of body wash and it has worked out well.  I have also used it to hand wash clothes when we are sailing and I don't have detergent.

I will keep using Suave until I can find another comparable shampoo that is priced well.  The only other one I can think of that I would switch it for would be Kirkland shampoo but those are hard to store since they are way too big!

So drying!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

This shampoo cleaned my hair very well, maybe even too well. My scalp definitely felt clean and free of product and gunk, but the length of my hair, even starting from about an inch away from my scalp felt so dry! My split ends were really noticeable and my hair looked damaged. My ends felt very fragile and I was terrified of the breakage it would cause! I had to apply a hair treatment just a couple hours after washing because it was so itchy and rough. My scalp produced a lot of sebum to compensate for how drying it was, and it was oily just the next morning. I cannot imagine using this daily. It had a really nice lather and was enjoyable to scrub on my scalp though.

It's very good at clarifying, and I think it would be better for people who are not trying to grow their hair out. I can see it working better on short hair.

Fresh and clean but I could not smell it in my hair. The oil that my hair produced quickly took over.

Adds volume and shine!

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

This clarifying shampoo really cleanses hair of residue left behind from hair products. By getting rid of those residues, flat, dull hair becomes instantly more voluminous and shiny. I found that this product did a wonderful job removing residue without drying out my hair and making it extremely frizzy. All around, this was a great, basic shampoo.

This product did an amazing job adding volume and shine back to my hair. I use lots of hair styling products, like sprays and gels, and my fine hair gets really weighed down by the residue. This shampoo really cleansed my hair, leaving it residue free, turning my flat, boring hair into voluminous long locks. It also added back my hairs shine because it didn't have the dulling effect hair styling residues leave behind. This was a very effective, clarifying shampoo that gave me amazing, beautiful results.

This product has a very clean, almost natural fragrance that didn't irritate my scalp. I have a very sensitive scalp that sometimes gets rashes and dandruff from the fragrance in some shampoos, and this product triggered no reaction.

Good clarifier.

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

I like to use a clarifying shampoo a couple of times per week just to help get out the residue from other products, and this is the one I usually buy. I like the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo for a lot of reasons, especially the price. It does what it is supposed to and isn't expensive.

A clarifying shampoo is just supposed to be simple and get your hair clean, which is exactly what this shampoo does. It removes the excess residue left from other products like gels and mousse. I normally use a conditioner afterwards just to keep my hair from getting a bit frizzy. I use this product about twice a week and have been using it for years. I try out new products all the time, but this is one of the few that I have stuck with for a long time. I rarely try a new clarifier.

The scent is pretty nice. It's clean and sort of beachy. Not floral or fruity, so if that's what you like you'll need to find something else. It's light and not overpowering.

Great To Strip Oils From Hair!

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

I often keep a bottle of Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo under my bathroom sink. Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo is inexpensive and strips the oils from your hair. I try to use this once a month, more often in the summer months when it is hot and humid.
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. It also deep cleans my hair, removing any oils, dirt, or other toxins in my hair that normal shampoo and washing may leave behind. You can see and feel the difference!

Deep cleans and clarifies hair. This product is safe to use on color treated hair and also safe enough to use every day. I try to do a deep clean once a month, or when needed. Works fantastic during the hot and humid summer months, when hair looks much greasier and your head produces more sweat and oils.

Fresh and clean scent. Perfect since it leaves your hair feeling fresh, clean, and clarified.

Strips hair of all oil.

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

I tried Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo and I was not impressed at all. After I used this shampoo my hair became very dry and brittle. It was also very frizzy. I was very disappointed. The Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo is meant for people with normal to oily hair and I just do not think that is true after using it. I would say that I have normal hair that is occasionally oily. This shampoo is just not good for some one that has regular or slightly oily hair. It took out all of the moisture and oil that is in my hair. I think that it really might be good for someone that has very oily hair.

The Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo really cleaned my hair. In fact I think it took all of the oil out of my hair.

I did not mind the scent of the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. In fact the scent was so weak I could barely smell it at all. I could not even smell the shampoo when I was using it.

Great Shampoo at a Great Price

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

If you aren't picky about your shampoo like me (other than wanting it work, that is), you would be happy with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. Effective and economical, this shampoo makes both your hair and wallet happy. I have pretty average hair...not super oily, but definitely not dry either. This product cleans it well and keeps me going at washing my hair just every other day or so. Compared to some of Suave's other shampoos, this is almost identical to Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze shampoo.

Because it's so cheap, I don't feel bad about using a good sized portion each time I wash my long hair. In the past, I've tried other shampoos, which have left me with clean hair that gets dirty and oily more quickly. I know I can always count on this shampoo to consistently get my hair squeaky clean. Unlike other shampoos, this shampoo doesn't ever suddenly stop working either and force you to have to switch to another shampoo (which is so frustrating!). There are probably lots of other great shampoos out there, but at this price, why go looking?

Always works every time.

Nice freshly clean scent.

Did not work well for my hair

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

I wanted to try this clarifying shampoo to help get any built-up residue from other shampoos. Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo left my hair a hot mess and looking like I hadn't washed my hair in 2 weeks. With other shampoos I can only wash my hair every other day or it dries out, however, this Suave shampoo makes my hair greasy looking the day after. I tried it a few more times with the same result. I will never buy this shampoo again.

Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo was not effective whatsoever for my hair. Daily washing made my hair look greasier and greasier, I gave up on using this product. I can not figure out why this product reacted to my hair this and no other brand ever has before or after using this.

The scent of this shampoo was pleasant in the bottle but did not leave my hair smelling that way. Even when I washed my hair every day for 5 days straight my hair did not have the clean hair or shampoo scent.

I used to love this stuff

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

Oh boy oh boy does this ever bring back memories. This stuff is fantastic, smells "happy" - I love the scent, and makes your hair really shiny! Why then, you ask - did I quit using it? Because it takes hair coloring out if you use hair color which I do. Otherwise I'd have given it 10s!

Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

I am very satisfied with this product. It is the only thing I found to clear up my dry scalp. I use it every time I shampoo.

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo not only cleans your hair, but clears up dry scalp. I have not found a product that works better.

The scent is very light and pleasant. Terrific for a man or woman. No flower or fruit scent.

The best shampoo comes with a great low price.

Comments about Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

I have tried all the other shampoos and conditioners over the years. I see a new product on a commercial a few times, think that some unfamiliar, and more expensive hair product is going to clean my hair better than my reliable Suave has over and over again. After a week or less with some of them I'd feel as if my hair was becoming heavier or felt dirty or oily. I even starting using Herbal Essence and told my husband I wanted to see if it gave me that same reaction as the lady on the commercial. I was kinda kidding of course. I thought it was a bit expensive when I went to purchase it, but purchased it anyways. For the price of Herbal Essence it really should have done the same exact thing for me and everyone else that paid the price of good smelling crap. I do have to say that all but a hand full of the different products I have tried have had the most awesome odors to them. I can't complain in that area of many at all. I suppose I should let you know that I have not ever tried any dandruff or other shampoos like that. I have naturally curly hair that's very healthy thanks to not straightening, blow drying, hair products such as dye, hair spray, or gel. I trim the ends of my hair once a month so I only have a problem with frizzy hair during the humid months. I take very good care of my hair and so does ever single Suave product I have ever tried. My regular kind of Suave is the Daily Clarifying Shampoo and the Tropical Coconut Conditioner. So save yourself a lot cash and use the cheap stuff.