3.1
Stearns & Foster
Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress

Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress

3.1

Pros

• Comfortable (4)
  • Durable (3)
  • Good support (3)
  • Holds shape (3)

Cons

• Develops cavity (4)

• Primary bed (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • High-end shopper (3)

You can't put a price on a GOOD nights sleep!

I have osteo & rheumatoid arthritis & have had just about every bed made, temperpedic, sleep number, sealy, Dr's Choice & the adjustable bed.  It wasn't until I bought my Sterns Foster bed that I realized what a good nights sleep really means.  It's well worth the price & the company's customer service is the best no matter where you purchase their mattress. Quality sleep . . quality customer service . . a whole new quality of life!

If I could give it ZERO stars I would.

This bed is THE WORST!  I looked at Stearns and Foster as my research suggested it was a quality brand. We bought a King size pillow top - it was not their top of the line model but I believe it was next to top of the line S&F.   We went to a local bedding store where they asked us some questions and recommended several different beds.   The Stearns and Foster felt great when we laid on it at the store.  HOWEVER, within just a couple of months the bed is a nightmare.  It sags and is terribly uneven.  My husband and I cannot lay next to each other - we try to climb out of our respective "holes" to snuggle but after a few minutes give up and roll back into our indentations.

It is absurd for the money we paid for this mattress to have this type of issue just a few months after purchase.  Now a couple of years in we have really had it with the bed and are going to THROW IT AWAY and find something comfortable.   We tried to live with it but enough is enough.

Stearns and Foster you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

BEST SLEEP

from Holmdel NJ

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Sturdy

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

So i was in need of a new mattress and very torn on what to get because i am a stomach sleeper. i oftne would wake up with aches in middle of the night. i wasnt sure if i should transition to a memory foam mattress. i tried out so many beds in store and i really liked this one as last minute find. im so glad i did. i have used every night for 3 months and not a single bit of discomfort. i have slept better than i ever have. its so comfortable, the pillow topper is luxurious. and its stiff and firm enough but gives a little with the pillow top for luxurious comfort and softness. soooo happy

Great nights sleep!

from Moreno Valley, Ca

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

I haven't always been easy to please when it comes to mattresses, but this particular pillow top was perfect and I slept like a baby, not too hard or soft and doesn't lose shape

Worthless warranty

from Princeton, NJ

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Lumpy

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

I purchased the Stearns and Foster Plaza mattress about 10 years ago and paid more than $3,000 for the king size mattress sandbox spring. At the time, this was much more than any other inner spring mattress but I felt that the 20 year warranty justified the extra money. For the first several years, the mattress was terrific. It was very plush and had a great feel. About 7-8 years in, the mattress began to have a slight sag in the middle. At just under 10 years, the mattress sag became much more noticeable and i started to feel the inner springs through the pillow top. It was time to see about that warranty.

Even though there is a terrible sag in the mattress and the mattress is very uncomfortable, they will not take any action unless the problem shows up on a picture. When asked if they would send an inspector to the house, they said that inspectors do not touch the mattress, they only take pictures.

Here is the bottom line. Unless you can show a spring coming through the mattress cover or a large depression in a picture, you are wasting your time filing a claim. It does not matter how the mattress feels or if the springs are through the pillow top, they must protrude through the actual cover. To me, this is not a useful warranty. If I had known that the warranty was this flimsy, I would have purchased the Beautyrest that was a lot cheaper and felt almost as good.

I am now in the market for another mattress and will not buy an innerspring mattress. I could buy a memory foam mattress from a company like Tempur-Pedic but they are owned by Sealy too and I am not going to reward the Sealy company for its poor quality and negligible warranty.

Terrible mattress

from Florida Keys

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

We purchased this mattress 4 years ago and for the last 2 years it has been sagging on both sides. I am an average sized female, 138 lbs. A complaint along with numerous photos to the Sterns & Foster rep, Tim Scott was rejected because the two indentations are not at least 1 1/2 inches! We will be following this claim, but wanted to get the word out, DO NOT BUY STERNS AND FOSTER!!

Nice for the first year, then turns into a black hole.

from Memphis, TN

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
            • Squeaks

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

This mattress was fine for the first six months to a year. Then, the support started to fail and was very uncomfortable. I am not a heavy person at all, but the mattress developed such an indentation that it became difficult to pull myself out. This was not a low-end mattress and should have held up better. Also, the box springs became so loud after a couple of years that it sounded like a 1930s tenement bed.

Run from Stearns and Foster

from North Richland Hills, TX 76182

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

Bought a Stearns and Foster mattress with a 10 year warranty. The mattress totally collapsed on one side, but the warranty will only cover in excess of 1 1/2 indention in the foam. It won't cover springs, or any other part of the mattress. The mattress is one year old and useless. Run from Stearns and Foster!

Sleep Like a Dream

from Louisiana, USA

About Me Budget Shopper

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Comfortable
                  • Good Support
                  • Holds Shape
                  • Soft Feel
                  • Sturdy

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

I searched high and low for a really great bed. I didn't know much about Stearns and Foster and always had a Sealy mattress. The guy who informed us about this mattress seemed knowledgeable but I want to try it on my own. I didn't want an overly hard stiff mattreas because I have lower back pain sometimes. I got it home and instantly fell in love with how comfortable this mattress is. I will say the only con for me was fitting sheets to this 13 inch base. I suggest getting waterbed sheets or deep pocketed sheets for the sheet to stay on. It will get warm sleeping on the mattress without a sheet.

Bad and expensive!

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

As others stated, sagging, sides broke down and worst of all deep depression where you sleep, so deep you cannot get out of it, which makes it very warm. Cant flip it which might of been able to help. Very Expensive set. I will never buy a Stearns and foster again. A very BAD choice!

• Firmness:

Don't waste your time or money

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

We purchased our King Size S&F pillow top mattress about 8 months ago and have not slept through the night since. We have deep troughs/body indentations on each side of the bed. You can only sleep on your side and it is difficult rolling over to the other side. I wake up about 4-6 times a night now to re-adjust my uncomfortable position. We are sorry we got rid of our 10 year old mattress for this 'new' unsupportive piece of junk. I believe that most new innerspring mattresses are just poorly made even if they say they are 'firm'. I am going to try a latex foam mattress.

great start horrible end

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

This was the best bed for first year and a half. Went from bad sleeping to over six hours a night. have had five surgeries on my back and this bed felt great. Unfortunately it does not last. Need is losing its form and sagging. My back hurts and roll all night trying to get comfortable. My wife's neck now hurts almost each morning. I cannot recommend this bed because of the cost for what you get.