3.1
Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress

Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Develops cavity (3)

• Firmness:

You can't put a price on a GOOD nights sleep!

I have osteo & rheumatoid arthritis & have had just about every bed made, temperpedic, sleep number, sealy, Dr's Choice & the adjustable bed.  It wasn't until I bought my Sterns Foster bed that I realized what a good nights sleep really means.  It's well worth the price & the company's customer service is the best no matter where you purchase their mattress. Quality sleep . . quality customer service . . a whole new quality of life!

If I could give it ZERO stars I would.

This bed is THE WORST!  I looked at Stearns and Foster as my research suggested it was a quality brand. We bought a King size pillow top - it was not their top of the line model but I believe it was next to top of the line S&F.   We went to a local bedding store where they asked us some questions and recommended several different beds.   The Stearns and Foster felt great when we laid on it at the store.  HOWEVER, within just a couple of months the bed is a nightmare.  It sags and is terribly uneven.  My husband and I cannot lay next to each other - we try to climb out of our respective "holes" to snuggle but after a few minutes give up and roll back into our indentations.

It is absurd for the money we paid for this mattress to have this type of issue just a few months after purchase.  Now a couple of years in we have really had it with the bed and are going to THROW IT AWAY and find something comfortable.   We tried to live with it but enough is enough.

Stearns and Foster you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Terrible mattress

from Florida Keys

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

• Primary Bed

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

We purchased this mattress 4 years ago and for the last 2 years it has been sagging on both sides. I am an average sized female, 138 lbs. A complaint along with numerous photos to the Sterns & Foster rep, Tim Scott was rejected because the two indentations are not at least 1 1/2 inches! We will be following this claim, but wanted to get the word out, DO NOT BUY STERNS AND FOSTER!!

Nice for the first year, then turns into a black hole.

from Memphis, TN

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Squeaks

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

This mattress was fine for the first six months to a year. Then, the support started to fail and was very uncomfortable. I am not a heavy person at all, but the mattress developed such an indentation that it became difficult to pull myself out. This was not a low-end mattress and should have held up better. Also, the box springs became so loud after a couple of years that it sounded like a 1930s tenement bed.

Run from Stearns and Foster

from North Richland Hills, TX 76182

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

Bought a Stearns and Foster mattress with a 10 year warranty. The mattress totally collapsed on one side, but the warranty will only cover in excess of 1 1/2 indention in the foam. It won't cover springs, or any other part of the mattress. The mattress is one year old and useless. Run from Stearns and Foster!

Sleep Like a Dream

from Louisiana, USA

About Me Budget Shopper

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Holds Shape
            • Soft Feel
            • Sturdy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

I searched high and low for a really great bed. I didn't know much about Stearns and Foster and always had a Sealy mattress. The guy who informed us about this mattress seemed knowledgeable but I want to try it on my own. I didn't want an overly hard stiff mattreas because I have lower back pain sometimes. I got it home and instantly fell in love with how comfortable this mattress is. I will say the only con for me was fitting sheets to this 13 inch base. I suggest getting waterbed sheets or deep pocketed sheets for the sheet to stay on. It will get warm sleeping on the mattress without a sheet.

Bad and expensive!

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

As others stated, sagging, sides broke down and worst of all deep depression where you sleep, so deep you cannot get out of it, which makes it very warm. Cant flip it which might of been able to help. Very Expensive set. I will never buy a Stearns and foster again. A very BAD choice!

• Firmness:

Don't waste your time or money

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

We purchased our King Size S&F pillow top mattress about 8 months ago and have not slept through the night since. We have deep troughs/body indentations on each side of the bed. You can only sleep on your side and it is difficult rolling over to the other side. I wake up about 4-6 times a night now to re-adjust my uncomfortable position. We are sorry we got rid of our 10 year old mattress for this 'new' unsupportive piece of junk. I believe that most new innerspring mattresses are just poorly made even if they say they are 'firm'. I am going to try a latex foam mattress.

great start horrible end

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

This was the best bed for first year and a half. Went from bad sleeping to over six hours a night. have had five surgeries on my back and this bed felt great. Unfortunately it does not last. Need is losing its form and sagging. My back hurts and roll all night trying to get comfortable. My wife's neck now hurts almost each morning. I cannot recommend this bed because of the cost for what you get.

Great for 10 years.

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

We were excited when we bought our Stearns and Foster Pillow Top mattress. It was supposed to have been the Cadillac of mattresses at the time. The mattress fabric and stitching still look almost like new. We have had it for over 12 years. For the past four years of so it has not been so good. Which is to be expected I guess for a mattress that old. It needs to be flipped on a regular basis. The down side to that is that the mattress is very heavy and it needs two to do the job. Even with flipping the mattress pretty regularly you can see where we sleep. I feel like I have to roll out of the hole each morning to get out of bed. We have also put a foam pad on the top of it to help it be more comfortable. It was a good mattress for a lot of years, but I will not be buying another mattress that is that heavy and hard to turn over. I'm getting to old for that.

Comfort
              Great for a lot of years, not so good after ten years.

Stearns & Foster delivers a great night's sleep

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

We've had our Stearns & Foster pillow top mattress set for about six months now, and it's as comfortable now as the first night we slept on it. We each have back issues, so it was important that we find a mattress set that would provide plenty of support. We also didn't want to sleep on something that was so firm, it felt hard. This mattress set is plush with the pillow top, yet still firm enough to be supportive. It feels like you're being gently cradled when you go to bed at night. The fabric on the outside is high-quality and densely woven; it's really quite luxurious. Our deep-pocket sheets slip on easily and fit perfectly all the way to the corners. We have small children, so we keep a waterproof mattress protector on it to prevent any accidental spills or leaks from reaching the mattress itself. All that said, when I change the linens, I see a mattress that looks just like it did on the showroom floor. I expect it to last for many years of many nights of great sleep.

Love it!!

Comments about Stearns & Foster Pillow Top Mattress:

I love this bed. I love a soft mattress that I sink into a little but not too much. This is that bed!! I sleep like a baby and it was way better than my old mattress. This is the first mattress I've had that I can sleep all night and that I look forward to getting into and sleeping. If you don't need or want a soft mattress and need or wasn't a firm mattress I would not suggest this though.